I want to be a korean hard rock vocalist but I dont really know if I can do it..

Started by Jason Stryder, March 10, 2012, 10:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Stryder

I have been a heavy metal or hard rock music fan since I was like 14 years old, the simple act of imagining myself being the vocalist or the guitarrist of the band that I was listening to excited me a lot, I had a moment every night before going the sleep when I turn my mp3 on and imagine myself rocking on the stage and happened to do that from my 15 years till now (I'm 20). Meaning that Im really addicted to that.

I came to south korea from south america to join the mandatory military service for 2 years, I have 1 month left and I dont really have anything settled up once I get discharged. I know that I have the huge desire of making my own korean hard rock band because first, I have been dreaming about it for a long time and secondly there's no decent hard rock band that rockers in general would prefer listening to so I want to create a music with the american-style-heaviness of a rock mixed with trance music, Korean female vocals with a little American rap,  that can stay updated to trends of the korean musical market. Although some american style rock bands may be attractive to koreans Many of the american rock bands can't get the most out of the aggressive part of them. So I want to create a music that can be beautiful attractive and can boost up their powering energy to the excitement. The problem is that Rock and heavy metal is not popular in korea and there might be possibilities of rejection.

Now here're the Cons that's keeping me from doing this:
-Im not physically attractive, although my ideal image would be of an well built guy, I am very short 165 cm
_I have stuttering problem although people thinks its because of the language problem (I speak spanish english and korean) and I will have difficulties communicating with people
-I think the right thing to do in my life would be investing in real estate because it can guarantee my financial goals but I think I will consume a lot of time doing that, its something that I feel its the right thing to do but its not what I want to do.
-I would have to deny my parents plans on me which is being an employer of the samsung company which has started running in brazil south america
-Working on the vocalist career wouldn't bring me any financial security at the beginning

I have started this thread to get some advice from all of you guys to see what can i do, any feedback or opinion about the type of music that i want to create or an idea about my cons, or anything that you think I should keep in mind would be greatful

Acid

Reach for the stars. The worst possible thing that happens is you fail and life will go on.