Hogwarts MuggleNet - We Got CooKieS Bmuawhahahahaha

Started by Kendra, February 07, 2024, 10:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendra

HOGWARTS MUGGLENET IS A WONDERFUL DIVERSE GROUP OF
RAINBOW WRITERS, EVERYONE IS WELCOME.
O V E R V I E W

At first glance, it appears as if war has not touched Hogwarts. It looks as resplendent as ever despite reports of the opposite. Evidence of the bloodshed and death that occurred in its hallowed halls has been wiped clean. Individuals would be hard-pressed to believe death eaters once infiltrated the ancient castle. And yet, despite the many changes implemented to match its united stance, past horrors are not so easily forgotten….or forgiven.

Hey! I hope that little blurb caught your interest. I rewrote it more times than I care to admit. If it is not clear, Mugglenet is a sandbox, lightly GM-lead group game. You will find it in Elliquiy’s Extreme section. We placed the game there because some scenes might have themes of violence and perhaps even murder. If these types of scenes happen between player characters, consent is always required.

Onto the fun stuff!

The game revolves around Hogwarts’ students, staff, and so forth as they navigate the world after the Second Wizarding War. This includes conflict with the Ministry’s new (and perhaps misguided) leadership as the Minister tries to limit the dissemination of information about what happened to individuals who were wrongly imprisoned in Azkaban under the former Minister’s leadership. Families torn apart. Jobs lost. Trust eradicated. The list of grievances goes onward and not much has been done to aid the war’s victims.

Tired of being punched down, some students are determined to become arbiters of justice, even if it requires them to sully their hands in the process.

Keeping it real, the game has lost several players for a variety of reasons (such is the way of group games); however, we still have a core group of writers who are eager to write and continue exploring the setting. We are hoping to fill out the ranks a little more to give them (and you should you decide to join) more opportunities to develop their character.

T I M E L I N E

Date  Dirty Detes
Summer 1997  Dolores Umbridge forms the Muggle Registration Committee, leading to false trials against muggleborns, causing job loss, homelessness, wand confiscation, imprisonment in Azkaban, and death. These trials extended to all bloodline categories. Some muggleborns evade registration, going into hiding to escape Snatchers and Ministry trials.

May 2, 1998  Harry Potter defeats Voldemort during the Battle for Hogwarts but not without multiple casualties and injuries.

Summer 1998  Kingsley Shacklebolt becomes Minister of Magic. People are released from Azkaban but must sign contracts preventing discussion of their imprisonment, except with select individuals that are close to them.

September 2, 1999   *A magical (emotional manipulation wave) incident occurs during the train ride to Hogwarts, affecting students in cars three and four. Origins of the incident has been kept vague when students attempt to inquire about it.
**Former and current Seventh Years return to a well-maintained Hogwarts under Headmaster Fawley's leadership despite reports that the school was in a state of disrepair (the reason why all students were not permitted to return).
***During Welcome Back feast, the Headmaster announces  the House Sorting System has been disbanded; students now share a United Hogwarts dormitory and common area, with no gender-based dorms. House Elves are free, and students handle some castle chores themselves, like room cleaning and laundry. In addition, after a large commotion, students are given back their wands that night rather than waiting until the morning.

September 11, 1999  During the Music's club party, an unknown person releases blood superiority posters for other students to find and react to.

September 16, 1999  Unbeknownst to school officials, Dee Flaherty, a student, was imperio'd by an unknown person/group(?) to try and infiltrate Dumbledor's resting place. However, she was unable to reach the location due to nearly drowning in the Black Lake in her effort to reach it.

September 25, 1999   An unknown group attacks students in Hogsmeade after they receive their wand from Ollivander's.

September 30, 1999    Daily Prophet newspapers arrive during lunch with an article that speaks of Umbridge's upcoming trial. The trial is set to begin January 3, 2000.

October 1, 1999   Headmaster Fawley announces the upcoming student exchange program and reminds students about the Umbridge trial.

October 4, 1999  Students who suffered during the war participate the first support therapy event, hosted by Hogwarts and facilitated by Professor Oni.

Beginning of October 1999   Newspapers and Radios run reports about what happened to Azkaban prisoners as their inability to speak about their experiences became more public knowledge.

October 1999

Apparition training commences and a Support group gets under way.

The new counsellor arrives.

Advanced DADA begins.

A student is captured by aurors and faculty members as they attempt to break into Dumbledore's tomb. A loud alarm is heard all throughout the school as a result since its defense mechanism are triggered.

The Monster Ball takes place for students to dress up in their favourite halloween costumes and The Halloween Feast takes place the day after.

B U I L D  A  C H A R A C T E R

Your character can be a first time 7th Year Student (Same school year as Ginny Weasley) or a Repeat 7th Year Student (Same school year as the Golden Trio: Harry, Ron, and Hermione).
*Besides the usual blood types in Hogwarts (muggle-born, pureblood, etc.), we encourage you to think outside the box and create students from unique bloodlines, such as part goblins, centaurs, etc. If you have an idea that is not listed already in our template, pitch the idea to us and we'll do our best to make it work or make a recommendation that is comparable to yours. Our version of Hogwarts is more flexible in who it permits to be students. :)

Code ("student character sheet code") Select
[float=right][center][img height=300]insert image here[/img]
[img height=200]*insert character img here [/img] [img height=200]*insert character img here [/img] [img height=200]*insert character img here [/img][/center][/float]
[b]Face Claim:[/b] Write down the name of your character's FC.
[b]Name:[/b] Your character's name
[b]Nickname:[/b] Your character's nickname
[b]Gender:[/b] What gender your character identified with?
[b]Age:[/b] Your character's age (as of 1st September)
[b]Sexuality:[/b] Your character's sexual orientation
[b]Birthplace:[/b] Where were they born and raised? If you would like your character to have been born outside of Hogwarts' usual recruitment locations, please inquire with Kendra/Flower first either in the interest thread or via PM. Thanks!
[b]Blood Status:[/b] Muggle-born, Pure-blood, half-blood or mixed blood. If you would like your character to be mixed blood, please state your interest in the interest thread or via PM to Kendra/Flower first.
[b]Muggle-Born Registration Number:[/b] (GM will issue this to you if required). Please keep in mind that while muggleborns made up the most of the population imprisoned in Azkaban, other blood types (like purebloods and so forth) were also imprisoned due to speaking out against the policy.
[b]Year:[/b] Are they repeating their seventh year or entering 7th year for the first time?
[b]House:[/b] Self explanatory
[b]Wand:[/b] Length, wand wood, and core – If your wand was confiscated please only state so.
[b]Patronus:[/b] If applicable, what is their patronus?
[b]Apparation license:[/b] Yes or no
[hr]
[hr]
[b]Physical Appearance:[/b] Write a brief description of their appearance. Include piercings, tattoos, hair styles and color, eye color, scars, and other markings especially those that they have as a result of Snatchers or Azkaban.
[b]Personality Traits:[/b] Write a list of at least five traits. This can be written in bullet form, as a list, or in sentences. Include at least two negative traits because none of us are perfect.
[b]Personal History:[/b] Provide as much or as little detailing your character's history. Small posts here will not give people the opportunity to understand where your character is coming from, or help you to flesh out your character in role play, so give as much as you can. You can always add more later. Be sure to include some insight into your character’s history during the wizarding war.
[b]Family:[/b] Include the following information: Name, Age, Relationship to your character, occupation, and blood status. If they are deceased, please note it.
[b]Likes:[/b] List at least four things your character likes.
[b]Dislikes:[/b] List at least four things your character dislikes.
[b]Strength:[/b] List something that your character is really good at!
[b]Weakness:[/b] What is your characters kryptonite, fear or phobia?
[hr]
[hr]
[spoiler=Marks][u]Passing Grades[/u]
O - Outstanding
E - Exceeds Expectations
A - Acceptable
[u]Failing Grades[/u]
P - Poor
D - Dreadful
T - Troll[/spoiler]
[b]OWL Grades:[/b] (Fill out your character's grades from when they took their OWLs at age 15.)
[i]Charms[/i] -
[i]Transfiguration[/i] -
[i]Herbology[/i] -
[i]Defense Against the Dark Arts[/i] -
[i]Ancient Runes[/i] -
[i]Potions[/i] -
[i]Care of Magical Creatures[/i] -
[i]Astronomy[/i] -
[i]Divination[/i] -
[i]History of Magic[/i] -
[i]Arithmancy[/i] -
[i]Muggle Studies[/i] -
[b]Familiar:[/b] If your character has a Familiar, list it here. Include its name, if you want to include an image you may.
[b]On's and Off's:[/b] List or write out your character's on's and off's. Or, if you just want to include a link to your personal O/O, please link it here.
[b]Extra:[/b] For any additional information you want to include, please put that here.

Sheet Example I

Face Claim: Kristen Stewart
Name: Petram Saoirse Wicks
Nickname: Petram was called many names while in Azkaban, they do not want to hear any of these ever again. They do not want to be called the pet name their parents had given them either when they were still a child. Anyone calling them a name other than Petram or Wicks, will be ignored. They believe they have earned that right.

Gender: Petram is non-binary. They began to identify as such when in Azkaban when they began referring to themself in the third person.
Pronouns: They / Them

Sexuality: In-game Petram has no idea of their sexuality as yet, at one point they may have thought they were bisexual but they will eventually identify as pansexual.

Birthplace: Cornwall, England
Hometown: Ballyfergus, West Cork, Ireland

Blood Status: Muggle-born
Muggle-Born Registration Number: 6237-WIC/MB

Year:Repeating 
House: Gryffindor

Wand: On Saturday 25th September - student trip to Ollivanders -- Petram gets her new wand
Thanks to helping the phoenix who they believed was Fawkes from death by Acromantula ... the phoenix gifted feathers for two wands.
(in-game plot)
12inch Larch wood - sturdy, durable and rigid.
Phoenix feather core.

Patronus: A woodpecker: they will be very hard-pressed to get a happy memory together now.
Apparation license: Yes

ABILITIES:

Magical Empath Extrasensory-based: Level 10

Lie detection: Straightforward: the ability to detect whether a person is lying - [will begin going in to October in game.]
Psychic Navigation: Being able to sense or track certain individuals by the emotional wavelength, or "scent" they give off. - [will not begin until 2000]
Psychometry: Picking up on, or otherwise divining, the emotional background or residue of a place or an object. If skilled enough some empaths can also see the emotional echoes(images/residual ghosts) still there, due to the high concentration levels of emotional energy, especially in places like battlefields, or on certain objects with an illustrious history. - [ started in Azkaban and increasing all the time ]
Panempathy: The ability to sense thousands, millions, or even billions of individual emotions at once. A very rare ability, and may require an extreme amount of experience. - [began after Azkaban ]
Clairempathy: The ability to sense emotions over great distances, such as across a city, country, or even across continents, oceans, and sometimes other Planes (i.e., the Astral Plane). Very advanced ability. [not for a while]

Poltergeist Manifestation:

This begins in September at Hogwarts. Petram will soon discover that their ability of pschometry (though they don't know the term as yet) AND the torture and abuse that was inflicted on them - will begin to manifest a Poltergeist. A Poltergeist that even Peeves is weary of. One that Petram will because of their empathic abilities be able to control.

Physical Appearance: Petram has always been slender, lean and athletic type of build. They had always loved running, doing yoga but only because their twin did it, doing free weights when at home during the holidays from Hogwarts. All their life Petram had beautiful long brown hair, a healthy glow, bright welcoming smile and eyes that always seemed to twinkle with mischief. That is not how Petram looks now. Their hair was shorn to their scalp when in Azkaban, just for the ‘fun of it' or so the jailers laughed. There is still some scarring on Petram’s scalp and although Petram’s hair has grown, they now keep it very short even if there are patches where the scars are where hair will never grow again. They have also changed their hair colour, having bleached their shorn wisps on their head after they had been ‘freed’ from Azkaban, a friend managed to fix it so that it doesn’t look absolutely terrible. Their bruises have healed, the physical ones at least but there is quite a lot of scarring that is visible still. Petram will not let a healer touch them but has only allowed muggle ointments and plasters to touch their skin. The tattoo, of course, is there, these were not done with ink like muggle tattoos but etched in with magical blade so that the mark would never fade, would always stand out.

Personality Traits:
Where once Petram was full of life, they now seem shy, socially anxious and fearful. Where once they were strong-willed and decisive, Petram is now cautious, and watchful. They have every right to be, but the introspection will not be forever, and they will find their voice again. But for now, they are still very much trying to put glue along the cracks of their soul, body, and life.

Personal History:
Petram was half of a beautiful, amazing whole. The identical twin sister to Aubrey. They were inseparable until the magic happened. Petram began to do things without knowing how they could, boiling the water in a kettle without turning it on, answering the door before the doorbell even rang, growing their hair out every time their mother tried to trim it. Mr. and Mrs Wicks never saw these things as strange but that was mainly as their mother’s sister Brenda had already experienced similar things when she was young before her letter to the magic school arrived. It was still very difficult to comprehend that there was another world entirely different from their own, one that had nothing at all to do with televisions, computers, cd’s, planes, and cars. She had been reassured that there were trains and boats, but Petram was more fascinated by the other modes of transport that they learned about. Aubrey although her name meant ‘magical being’ was not jealous at all but in awe of her beautiful twin.  Petram was over the moon on receiving the Hogwarts letter, but soon realised that they would be parted from Aubrey. Aubrey thought to write to the headmaster who was wonderful in writing back and explaining why she could not attend. Aubrey simply asked him to please keep her sister safe and sent him a Christmas card every year after that. She loved getting Petram’s owl post and learning all about the different aspects of life in the wizarding world, but her own life was not dull, and she had plenty of things to write to her twin about too.

They had attended a muggle school in Cornwall when younger, there Petram and Aubrey had learned to read, write, and solve math equations, learn the counties and the history of their countries' kings and queens. They knew what type of clouds were in the sky and the different layers of rock that made up the earth and while Aubrey continued learning more of the same, all of that seemed surreal in the face of the subjects Petram was to study.
Muggle Studies, Astronomy, Charms, Divination, Defence Against the Dark Arts … Petram thought perhaps someone was joking and this Hogwarts school was a terrible hoax but Brenda, their aunt took Petram and Aubrey to visit Diagon Alley for the first time and introduced them to the wonders of the magic world at last. The twins were speechless, children walked around with pointed hats and robes as if they were a cross between a wizard and a graduating student. Other children wore differently styled hats but still all seemed intent on wearing robes over their clothing, would Petram have to do the same? What both twins fell in love with that day was the bookstore, Flourish and Blotts. Rows and rows and rows of the most amazingly strange books and when Brenda told them that there was a library at Hogwarts that had hundreds of thousands of books, Petram knew they would simply love the school regardless of anything else, and Aubrey was jealous of her twin for the very first time in their young lives.

The sorting hat debated for a brief moment on where to put Petram, it could not seem to make up its mind between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw but eventually, it chose Gryffindor for them and there found a new ‘home’ a wonderful one. Each year seemed to hold more amazing events than the one before. From their second year when the Chamber of Secrets had been open, to their third year when the dementors circled the school constantly thanks to the escape from the Azkaban prison of a known murderer Sirius Black. The Goblet of Fire was held at Hogwarts in Petram’s fourth year and one of their classmates Harry Potter became the youngest to ever be part of it. Petram’s letters were filled with as much detail as they could give but at the end of that school year, with the death of Cedric Diggory and having seen his body from the stands, Petram found themselves wishing they could attend a normal school where students weren’t in danger of being killed.

The following year everything started to go ‘South’ as aunt Brenda would say and Petram very much wanted to go home and stay there. A new DADA professor arrived from the ministry, Dolores Umbridge who seemed intent on doling out harsh punishments and was in Petram’s opinion, a pureblood sympathiser. The school became a terrible place after that, Umbridge appointed herself the High Inquisitor, with her own set of goons straight from Slytherin house, the Inquisitorial squad. She went on to issue educational decrees, dismissing clubs, banning professors from speaking with students and dismissing Dumbledore, firing Professor Trelawney and so much more. It seemed that a fellow Gryffindor, one of Petram’s own classmates was intent on stopping Umbridge.  Petram thought he was either very foolish or very brave, they didn’t know much about Harry Potter other than he had tried to save Cedric the year before and had been the youngest to ever be in the Goblet of Fire but they heard the rumours, the ‘boy who lived’ and what not but as Petram had not grown up in the wizarding world, they knew little of the importance attached to him, and it was not Petram’s way to listen to gossip and rumour. His friend Hermione was alright, although she rarely said two words to anyone if they weren’t Harry or Ron Weasley.

Petram was beginning to wonder whether or not being a witch was all it was cracked up to be. An evil man, apparently a past pupil of Hogwarts had returned. Petram read all about Lord Voldemort in the history books and listened intently to what others said about him and read every article possible but still felt none the wiser. A man who had tried to wipe out muggle-borns was back and going to try it again. Why no one listened to the Potter boy, but Dumbledore was beyond Petram, who was eager to hear anything he had to say on any subject and found themselves sitting as near to his group as possible to hear even the slightest word of what might be going on.

Everything went pear-shaped in 1997, Brenda had Petram’s parents draw up papers stating that she was Petram’s guardian and explained to them the dangers they would be in; She obliviated Petram’s parents and twin sister Aubrey, and then sent them away to Surrey to start a new life. Petram was devastated, their heart felt ripped out of their chest, they wouldn’t be able to write to one another and Petram had no way of knowing how Aubrey or their parents were. Brenda took Petram to live with her in Ireland. The summer was spent mostly in hiding and keeping to themselves. The small house was very rural so it was easy enough to do for the most part.

However, news soon reached them that He who shall not be named had taken control of the government. At first, Petram was not going to return to school but the ministry of magic made attendance mandatory for everyone.  A month later when Petram went back to Hogwarts (though she very much didn’t want to), the Muggle Born Registration Commission was set up and Petram was rounded up with other muggle-borns, mixed-bloods and half-blood students that could not prove their heritage. Petram’s wand was taken and for two hours Petram had been interrogated at the Ministry of Magic. Aunt Brenda was also rounded up, but she was not sent to Azkaban as Petram was, Brenda was accused of stealing magic and stealing a wand and was exterminated. Given a number while a photograph was taken, the number was painstakingly magically tattooed onto the back of Petram’s neck. They were then thrown into a small cell with many other students, some of whom they recognised, others they did not. It was during these awful months that Petram felt a deeper separation of their soul. Although Aubrey and their parents had been obliviated, the spell had collapsed and ended with the murder of Brenda. For a small, while Petram felt hope at being able to sense their twin stronger than before as only twins could. Then one devastating day, Petram could no longer feel anything. It was as if Petram had been sliced from the world, entirely set adrift.
For almost nine months, Petram was tortured, made to feel fear, desperation, and hopelessness over and over again. When the prisoners were finally freed, Petram went first in search of their aunt and there discovered not only Brenda’s fate but that Petram’s family had returned from Surrey to look for Brenda and Petram, only to be killed in a ‘freak accident’.  Petram stayed in Cornwall to put some affairs in order before leaving England and returning to the small house in Ballyfergus. They had no intention of returning to Hogwarts, they had no intention of getting another wand. They wanted nothing to do with the wizarding world ever again, but as the days passed by Petram knew that if they did nothing, then their family had died for nothing. And so Petram would be ready, to return to Hogwarts.

Family:
Darnell Wicks | 52 | Butcher | Muggle| deceased
Agatha Wicks | 50 | Craft Shop owner | Muggle| deceased
Aubrey Eden Wicks | 18 | Student | Muggle | deceased
Brenda Milligan | 49 | Herbologist | Muggleborn | deceased

Likes: Books, thinking about smashing in the faces of some purebloods, libraries, thinking about getting their wand back and learning some devastating spells … to use on purebloods, long walks, thinking of ways to make someone, preferably a pureblood pay.
Dislikes: Not having their parents or aunt,  having to live a life without their twin, anyone that did not lift a finger to help anyone else during the war, anyone that sat on the sidelines, anyone that did nothing, anyone that was a pureblood, anyone that helped death eaters, and  Voldemort, anyone who was a guard at Azkaban, anyone that does not have an MBRC tattoo.
Strength: Hate, Petram has found that hate keeps them warm, helps them to get up in the morning, and helps them to get through each day. Hate is good, there is strength in hate.
Weakness: Petram is holding on by a thread, Petram’s very existence is a weakness to them. They want to be with Aubrey, with their parents, and with aunt Brenda. They don’t want to live in a world that took them and denies that anything that terrible even existed.

Marks
Passing Grades
O - Outstanding
E - Exceeds Expectations
A - Acceptable
Failing Grades
P - Poor
D - Dreadful
T - Troll

OWL Grades:
Charms - E
Herbology - A
Defence Against the Dark Arts - A
Ancient Runes - E
Potions -A
History of Magic -O
Transfiguration – P
Astronomy – O
Divination – O

Familiar: Cat, Jeffrey survived the killings and had been taken in by a neighbour. He was only too delighted to be reunited with Petram. A seriously grumpy-looking ginger Persian cat.

On's and Off's: Petram has had other things on their mind, they used to enjoy kissing and a bit of heavy petting a lot but that was before Azkaban. Petram has a twisted mindset now, so although they absolutely abhorred the beatings and torture they had received at Azkaban, they will crave it believing that somehow it will make them feel something again. Communicate with me for plottage.
Extra: Petram has now a habit of talking to themself, aloud. People can hear the to and fro of the conversation, some think that Petram has lost the plot completely and others that know Petram, believe that Petram believes they are talking to Aubrey.

[edited: included extra of talking aloud to themself.]
[edit: included the magical empathic ability that Petram will have - Other aspects of Extrasensory-based ME will come with time.
[edit: included the poltergeist]
[edit: included new wand]

Sheet Example II

Face Claim: Rubi Rose
Name: Chinara Kana

Nickname: Chi

Sexuality: Heterosexual but curious >.>

Birthplace: Lagos, Nigeria | London, UK (Dual Citizenship) 

Blood Status: Pure-Blood
Muggle-Born Registration Number: Not Applicable

Year: Seventh
House: Hufflepuff

Wand: 8" Hawthorn with Kneazle whisker
Patronus: Blanket octopus
Apparation license: Yes

Physical Appearance: Chi stands at about 5'6 and has a curvy figure. Her natural eye color is brown, but she often charms them to appear other colors. She's often found in clothes that show off her toned, ink-adorned figure. She enhances her natural assets with a variety of wigs, runway-inspired make-up, and nails painted in flamboyant colors.

Personality Traits: Argumentative (her first word was why), Obedient (despite her smart mouth, she usually falls in line for those in positions of authority after much pouting/complaining/whining), Flashy (feels naked without excess), Selective Memory (who wants to dwell in the past, especially if it was ugly), Great Pretender (everything's great!)

Before He-Who-Needed-To-Sit-The-Fuck-Down ruined the world, Chi enjoyed a comfortable spot in her family, wizarding society, and amongst her friends. Thanks to her ability to pass her classes (not ace but pass), her parents gave her free reign. She made friends easily regardless of their blood status, somehow juggling her extreme friends with more liberal ones. Her laidback personality often surprised people to discover she came from a family known for their exclusive, hoity-toity parties and prominence in the MoM. Most people regarded her as being something of a party girl. The popular chick who wasn't too stuck in the clouds to notice those beneath her.

Personal History:

• Chi's parents are a love match. Her mother, Clara, had been vacationing in Lagos with her family when she met Sam. What should have been a summer fling became an obsession as the two kept in contact despite their parents' disapproval. Clara moved to Lagos after graduating from Hogwarts and married Sam. Soon afterward, they had Chi, the first of their two children.
  • When Mom's parents became ill and unable to live alone, Chi's mom convinced (read: begged) her husband to move back to her hometown. It took a lot of moving through red tape, but eventually, they settled in London. Chi and her sibling weren't too thrilled about the move. Though they enjoyed their vacations with their grandparents, they didn't necessarily want to live with them 24/7 due to their rigid personalities.
  • Sam made connections and friendships thanks to his position in the ministry, while their mother ensured their children were integrated well into society, regardless of blood status. They visited muggle destinations around the city as often as they visited magical ones. Their house also held the latest technology and magical inventions.
  • Eventually, the time came for Chi to take the first step towards independence by enrolling in Hogwarts. Her mother and her family were generational Ravenclaws or Slytherins, so there was some expectation for her to be sorted into the same house. Her mother was supportive when the sorting hat put her in Hufflepuff, but her grandparents nearly shat a brick. They sent an owl to the Headmistress with demands for another attempt, but they were denied.
  • During her school years as a Puff, Chi enjoyed herself immensely. She surrounded herself with fun friends who lived for laughter and chaos. She also ended up in a pretty serious relationship with Jeff (a half-blood) before the end of her first year. She experienced her share of detentions and moments of glory by securing many house points. People might not love her, but she was generally well-liked. In her fourth year, Jeff proposed to her despite their rough patch, thanks to jealous people spreading rumors about her cheating.
  • In her fifth year, when the world started to catch fire, her younger sister started to attend Hogwarts. Unlike her, Chiasoka was sorted into Slytherin. The differences between the siblings became more apparent without the supervision of their parents. Chiasoka revealed herself to be as hateful as their grandparents. Chi often had to step between her sister and those on the opposite end of her wand.
  • When Voldemort and his goons took control, Chi expected her parents to take a stand against him. Like the Weasleys. Her mother and father dragged their heels as long as possible, trying to stay neutral. But when the time came to pick a side, they chose safety. Chi was instructed to cut contact with her friends and boyfriend because her parents intended to turn in any runaways.
  • Jeff sent her a secret correspondence and basically begged Chi to leave home and go on the run with him. She sent nothing back except his engagement ring. He was captured and imprisoned in Azkaban shortly afterward.
  • Even though life returned to normal, Chi was resistant when her parents mentioned returning to Hogwarts. Her friendship groups were pretty much shattered, and she rather not spend her time in what was likely going to be a gloomy space. No amount of screaming or fighting could convince her parents otherwise, as they viewed missing school as an admission of guilt.

Family:

Clara | 45 | Mother | Wedding Planner | Pureblood
Samson | 52 | Father | MOM | Pureblood
Chiasoka | ?? | Sister | Student (Slytherin) | Pureblood
Pere | 61 | Grandfather | Retired - MoM| Pureblood
Faith | 66 | Grandmother | Retired - MoM| Pureblood
Yetunde | 83|  Paternal Great Grandmother | Retired - MoM| Deceased
Gbenro | 85| Paternal Great Grandfather | Retired - Journalist | Pureblood

Likes: Vacations, An Adoring Crowd, Public Shows of Loyalty,
Dislikes: Mopping, Crying, Sour Faces,
Strength: Is actually pretty good at charmwork and transfiguration. Also has a good eye for potential and sees beauty in what others might consider trash.
Weakness: Being ostracized from her family.

OWL Grades:
Charms - E
Transfiguration - E
Herbology - A
Defense Against the Dark Arts - P
Ancient Runes - A
Potions - A
Divination - A
History of Magic - A
Muggle Studies - E

Familiar: No pets! She's allergic to them.

On's and Off's: Although rumors paint a hedonistic image of Chi, she's only been with one person, her ex-boyfriend, Jeff. Unfortunately, they broke up after her family sided with Dipshit. She's pretty torn up about it (trying to hide it) and is hoping for a reconciliation. Her experience with him was pretty vanilla.

Extra: For any additional information you want to include, please put that here.
The theme is dark but full of wonderful characters.

This is a sandbox game BUT there are GM plots and sub-plots to help move the game along.
No player is under any obligation to be part of these game narratives -
Players have the choice of opting their characters in to any of these if they so wish.
If however the game narrative is too dark, Players do have the option of using non-extreme areas to play in.
There are warning tags as well so that players who would rather not read darker stuff, won't have to!

There are grownup characters in game such as shopkeepers and faculty members run by players.

Classes are not mandatory attendance in the game - characters can simply say in their own sandbox game that they have
attended - but there are classes there for extra rpage fun.

The professors in-game are also a means for more rp fun and players do not have to feel that they must rp classes or
have a continuous dialogue with aggrieved students.

Players do need to remember that not every scene is possible to rp - so just because the headmaster, deputy, professors
or Aurors are not making themselves visible in every thread - does not mean that they are not doing their duty.

Information that Players have should not spill over into information that characters have.

The Game is currently moving out of October and into November, and we have much to look forward to.

[thank you to Flower for all the hardwork]

Caela

It should be noted that while the overall theme of the game is much darker than most HP games, not everything is dark an angsty. There are plenty of characters who aren't out for blood and are just working to finish their education before going on to more adult pursuits! 

As an example, one of my own girlies, Iris, is 1/4 Mer-person and was very protected during the war. As such, she's still very upbeat and fun-loving compared to my much more serious and darker Aeryn.

GnothiSeauton

Is there a lot to catch up on for prospective new characters/writers? Or is it pretty much summed up in the posted timeline?
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Kendra

Hi Gnothi, 

Not a lot to catch up on at all because we're still very much just entering November.
We've kept to canon for the most part so any potterverse fans will know all of that - we've just embellished on the untold muggle part and that's where our story comes from. From there the timeline - such that it is because it's only been two months in game - is pretty much where all your post-war info comes from and summed up in a tidy nutshell  ;)

We also aren't everyday three or four posts type of group - we all are such busy people and we enjoy a light paced game, there is no pressure to post up every day at all.

There is a ton of other information but that's for anyone who likes the nitty gritty details of the period and such, and all can be found in the GM handbook and the setting handbook in the game thread- save for a rainy day type of thing :D

Kendra

And because sometimes it does feel hard slipping into a game - there is also this easy access route...
a student from one of the Great Eleven. 

While getting used to the game setting, especially if wanting to take your time the foreign exchange programme lets you write via quill-pal to a Hogwarts student while also posting in the world game thread with others of your particular school. 

Any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

K

Ministry of Magic Shakes Up Wizarding World with Revolutionary Foreign Student Program!

Dear Potential Writer,

Welcome to Mugglenet! We are delighted to extend an invitation for you to join our world and explore a new character type. As you may have read in the article above, the Ministry of Magic has initiated the MagiGlobe program, granting students from different corners of the world the opportunity to attend Hogwarts. The reasons driving your character's desire to participate in this program are entirely open to your imagination.

While your character won't make an immediate appearance at Hogwarts, they will engage in daily correspondence with a randomly selected Hogwarts student. Through these letters, we hope your character will establish a friendship that eases their transition from one school to another.

However, your character won't be limited to letter writing alone. We encourage you to chronicle your character's adventures and friendships back at their original school for the time being. Your character will also interact with other characters from their school until they all travel to Hogwarts to complete a term of school.

Furthermore, we invite you to create a Hogwarts character as well. This will allow you to immerse yourself in the intricate history and plot points of Mugglenet. For instance, your foreign exchange student might be unaware of the true reason behind the Ministry of Magic's program initiative (as schools in the Potterverse aren't always forthcoming with information). However, a Hogwarts student might come to the conclusion that the program aims to divert attention from an upcoming controversial trial involving Umbridge, who committed numerous crimes under Voldemort's rule.

We hope this invitation entices you to join our writing community. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post them here or contact Rustic and Kendra. We look forward to your creative contributions at Mugglenet!

THE GREAT ELEVEN
In addition to canon school offerings, our illustrious GM, Kendra, created several unique non-canon options for your perusal.
These schools are Dagrun, Neilos, Wananga, and Kanata. 
Please take a peek at those as a lot of love and care went into their creation.

• Code ("Foreign Student Character Sheet") Select
    [center][size=16pt][font=georgia][i]IN FULL CAPITALS PLACE CHARACTER NAME HERE[/i][/font][/size][/center]
    [center]{faceclaim}[/center]
    [center][size=14pt][font=georgia][i]IN FULL CAPITALS PUT NAME OF SCHOOL HERE[/i][/font][/size][/center]
    [float=left][center][img height=200 padding=5]*insert image here[/img] [img height=200 padding=5]*insert image here[/img]
    [img height=200 padding=5]*insert image here[/img] [img height=200 padding=5]*insert image here[/img][/center][/float]
    [font=times new roman][b]First Name:[/b][/font] Give name and meaning of name if you like            
    [font=times new roman][b]Middle Name: [/b][/font]   Give name and meaning of name if you like     
    [font=times new roman][b]Last Name:[/b][/font] Give name and meaning of family name if you like.
    {Any family mottos can also be put here.}            
    [font=times new roman][b]Gender: [/b][/font]  
    [font=times new roman][b]Pronouns:[/b][/font]
    [font=times new roman][b]Sexuality: [/b][/font]                   

[font=times new roman][b]Birthday:[/b][/font]                  
    [font=times new roman][b]Country of Origin:[/b][/font]                           
    [font=times new roman][b]Age:  [/b][/font]                               

[font=times new roman][b]Physical Appearance:  [/b][/font]   Please include hair colour, length, type (curly, straight etc) / eye colour, height, weight, body markings, etc      
    [float=right][center][img height=200 padding=5]*insert image here[/img] [img height=200 padding=5]*insert image here[/img]
    [img height=200 padding=5]*insert image here[/img] [img height=200 padding=5]*insert image here[/img][/center][/float]
    [font=times new roman][b]Blood Status: [/b][/font]    (please note that none of the foreign students will be pureblood or mixed blood)

[font=times new roman][b]Name of School:[/b][/font]                                                             
    [font=times new roman][b]Year: [/b][/font]

[font=times new roman][b]Wand Information:[/b][/font] (if no wand then remove this portion of the CS)              
    [b]Wand Wood:[/b]
    [b]Wand Core:[/b]
    [b]Wand Length:[/b]
    [b]Wand Flexibility:[/b]
    [font=times new roman][b]Broom:[/b][/font] (if no broom then remove this portion)
    [font=times new roman][b]Magical Ability:[/b][/font]
    [font=times new roman][b]Apparation Ability:[/b][/font]
    [font=times new roman][b]Patronus:[/b][/font]
    [font=times new roman][b]Boggart:[/b][/font] (biggest fear not a phobia)                                             

[font=times new roman][b]Personality:[/b][/font] List at least 5 personality traits - The back story of your character will be revealed through the personality traits of your character. So when you list your characters traits - please write up a paragraph (a few lines) for each one.
    [font=times new roman][b]Likes: [/b][/font]                               

The Great Eleven

Beauxbatons

4 Spots Available
LOCATED AT...
Somewhere in the Pyrenees
RECRUITS FROM...
Mainland Europe and Mediterranean countries
ADDITIONAL INFO...

Durmstrang

4 Spots Available
LOCATED AT...
The far north of Europe
RECRUITS FROM...
Eastern European countries only
ADDITIONAL INFO...

Ilvermorny

4 Spots Available
LOCATED AT...
Mount Greylock in Massachusetts
RECRUITS FROM...
North America
ADDITIONAL INFO...

Castelobruxo

4 Spots Available
LOCATED AT...
Amazon Rainforest, Brazil
RECRUITS FROM...
South America
ADDITIONAL INFO...

Koldovstoretz

3 Spots Available
LOCATED AT...
Russia
RECRUITS FROM...
Russia
ADDITIONAL INFO...
Click Here
Mahoutokoro

4 Spots Available
LOCATED AT...
Minami Iwo Jima, Japan
RECRUITS FROM...
Japan
ADDITIONAL INFO...
Uagadou

4 Spots Available
LOCATED AT...
Mountains of the Moon, Uganda
RECRUITS FROM...
Africa
ADDITIONAL INFO...

Dagrun Galdr Skola

4 Spots Available
LOCATED AT...
Norway
RECRUITS FROM...
Northern European countries
ADDITIONAL INFO...
Dagrun Galdr Skola : ᛞᚨᚷᚱᚢᚾ ᚷᚨᛚᛞᚱ ᛋᚴᛟᛚᚨ
While Hogwarts supported education on the British Isles, Beauxbatons in the Mediterranean countries and Durmstrang in the Eastern European countries  - there is a fourth European school that supports education in the North of Europe, the Scandinavian countries, serving Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. This is Dagrun Galdr Skola - The Secret Knowledge Magic School.
Established in 1720, it is a relatively small school boarding at most 200 students. All Scandinavian magiske børn (Magical Children) are home-schooled until the age of 14 years. There are small Fællesskabets magiske skole (community magical schools) for those aged 15 to 16 years. The Dagrun Galdr Skola is a specialist school for those aged 17 years to 21 years.
Subjects Taught at Dagrun

• Runic Divination: Where other magic schools throughout the world are taught using one type of rune, those attending The Dagrun are taught using all the different types of runes.
  • Ancient Runes: As soon as Scandinavian magical children can speak, they are taught their runic alphabet. There are different ones and by the time they attend The Dagrun, they are well proficient. The Dagrun takes their knowledge of the runes to another level, they cast spells with runes, tell fortunes, write and read as others might any language.
  • Galdr Incantations: The Scandinavians do not believe in good or evil magic / light or dark - their incantations are not split into hexes, jinxes, curses and charms - they are collectively called Galdr incantations.
  • Laws & Science of Magic: To cast an incantation, it is always necessary to understand it. Every magic has laws that govern it's use in the world, in nature or on the astral plane. Without truly understanding what you are casting, you could unleash chaos into the universe.
  • Staff Craft: Scandinavian students at The Dagrun are not given wands but when they come of age at 17, they are sent on a staff quest into a nearby forest. Using runic divination they will find a tree that will willingly give them a branch that they must learn how to craft and hone with runic magic. Their staff is never fully complete as it learns with them, strengthens or diminishes depending on the life of the magisk væsen (magical being).
  • Wood Craft: Utilising anything of wood, tree, table, chair, staff, wand ... a proficient student of Dagrun will learn how to manipulate wood for their own need - whether a tool, a toy, a weapon.

In much the same way that the Scandinavian Magical community does not believe in light and dark magic, they also do not believe in blood lineage's having anything to do with magic. One is either Ægte magi - True Magic or Uden - no magic. They have lived by their own laws for hundreds of years, never interfering with any of the other countries and the international laws and way of treating other witches and wizards. However, they do draw the line with goblins, dwarves, elfs, giants, etc ... these they all term only as dyr (beasts) and do not recognise in them any magical abilities of worth.

Ganga Fróðleikr - the final exam at the age of 21 years to graduate from The Dagrun.
O - in honour of Odin - your grade is the most remarkable
F - in honour of Freya - your grade is exceptional
T - in honour of Thor - your grade is satisfactory
L - in honour of Loki - your grade requires much work

Uniforms: Warm Winter Whites - tunic and trousers, with fur lined boots // Navy blue for when the weather is warmer.
Headmistress: Kerstin Holmström
Deputy Head:  Sven Haglünd
Games: Quidditch is played at the school as is BrandyBoll - a cross between ice-hockey and quidditch. (pucks with similar specifications as the balls in quidditch are used, a player's staff and played on the ice. Flying is not allowed, but apparating within the playing field is. Most scores into the two hoops at the end of each side of the pitch wins. There is no snitch equivalent.)
The Harebell flower is the insignia on all uniforms.
Banner: Striped Navy and Red vertical banner with white harebell in it's centre.
There are no separate houses within the boarding school.

Neίlos Scholeίa Majik

4 Spots Available
LOCATED AT...
Egypt
RECRUITS FROM...
Egypt
ADDITIONAL INFO...
Neίlos Scholeίa Majik
Students begin their learning at home from a very young age. They do not wait until they attend magic school. Parents/ guardians begin teaching their children how to sign from the age of 2/3 years - simple words to begin with so that they become used to speaking and signing together. This makes their ability to cast later much easier.
The school is boards 400+ students; there is always a balance in the numbers between both houses.
There is a Principal over the entire school -- Principalem Malik Noor
And a Head Teacher over each House.
Students start at Neilos Scholeia Majik at the age of 14 years and graduate at the age of 20years.
- School Banner: Black flag with Golden Onion – to symbolise how darkness is overcome by eternal life
- School Emblem: Golden Onion – to represent eternal life and healing.
- The school was established in 1540, although it is unplottable, the school is known to be somewhere on the Nile, thanks largely in part to its name.
- The school is split into two quads – Ma’at  and  Isfet
- The Neilos Magic School specialises in Alchemy and Healing magic through herbology.
- This school only allows cats as familiars, in fact they have an entire subject entirely about cats.
- The students at the Neilos (Nile) Magic School do not use wands or other gimmicks to aid their magic, they use hand gestures, a magical sign language.
- When their familiars are close, their magic becomes amplified.
-- The student's familiar chooses which house their human belongs by simply turning towards that quad on entering on the first day.
- No set uniform but emblem for each house is worn while in school.
- When out of school, the School emblem is worn.
- They do not believe in blood purity as they are more concerned with life and death.
- Students do not fly on brooms but use magic carpets instead.
- Students do not play quidditch but prefer to play:  Sagitta - a magical archery tournament or Hasta - a magical javelin throwing tournament.
Their games are to test the individual but never the collective.
The House of Ma’at – Banner of White with a black outlined ostrich feather at its centre.
Head of House Ma'at -- Nura Jalal
Subjects for those in The House of Ma’at:
  • Cosmic Balance and Astronomy
  • Hieroglyphic Scriptorium - the study of the ancient language of Hieroglyphs
  • Laws of Magic (quite similar to Transfiguration & Alchemy -- a magical blend of physics and philosophy)
  • Truth Magic (Charms through chants)
  • Lingua Feles - language of cats - how to communicate, read, and care for your familiar.
  • Herbology and Healing
  • Scribing and the Art of Arithmancy
  • Maat – Transmission of emotions – similar to legilimancy but of emotions not thoughts (no manipulation)
The House of Isfet – White banner with narrow 5-point star within a circle at its centre.
Head of House Isfet -- Hassan Ammar
Subjects for those in The House of Isfet
  • Chaos magic – dark magic
  • Moon magic – hydro-power - magic through the power of the moon and water element - wonderful healing magic
  • History of Magic - World magical history and Egyptian magical history
  • Lingua Feles - language of cats - how to communicate, read, and care for your familiar.
  • Daimones & Thiria – (similar to magical beasts but with a focus also on demons
  • Hieroglyphic Scriptorium - the study of the ancient language of Hieroglyphs
  • Medeam Mortuus – (communicating with the dead)
  • Is’fet – Transmission of emotions – similar to occlumency but of emotions not thoughts (persuasion)

Kanata de Magie

3 Spots Available
LOCATED AT...
Banff National Park of Canada
RECRUITS FROM...
Canada
ADDITIONAL INFO...
Click Here
In the beautiful Banff National Park of Canada
there are two magic schools hidden away from prying eyes.
Deep in the beautiful forestry lies the Junior School,
The Canadian Junior Magical Academy founded in 1925.
First year starts at age 11 much like the Hogwarts School of Magic in England.
Students can sit an exam in their 16th year, the ELIAS –
so named after the second highest mountain range in Canada.
The grading system at the CJM stands at :
A = Amazing. B = Brave attempt. C = Chronic.
A is the highest grade – above 60 to 100%.
B is a pass grade 40 – 60% 
and C is an outright fail – anything below 40%.
Subject choices at Junior School are:
  • Wandlore
  • Potions
  • Care of Magical Creatures – relatively safe classification levels
  • No-mage Studies
  • History of Magic
  • Charms
  • Defence against the Dark Arts
  • Astronomy
  • Herbology
  • Theory of Transfiguration.
  • Practical Transfiguration
English and French are also taught as extra-curricular subjects.
Canadian students must create, and bond with their
own wand. They are taught in Junior school all about
wand lore. The creation of their wand is very similar to the
Staff quest that The Dagrun students are put through.
School Emblem:  Whiskey Jack / Canada Jay
School flag: White with red emblem
Kanata de magie
20 miles west of the Junior school lies Lake Moraine.
On the shores of the lake stands another beautiful large log cabin
that is home to 185 boarding students. Students range from 17 years to 24 years.
Final exams are known collectively as The Logan exams –
named after the Highest mountain range in Canada.
The A, B, C grading also applies to the Kanata de Magie (Magic Village).
The senior school was originally three separate senior schools. The Inuit
had their own way of teaching their young, the French wizarding settlers
also had their own method of passing on their wizarding heritage, and
the British wizarding families likewise. The three came together under
the one umbrella to share knowledge and community, when it seemed
that the rest of the world was doing its best to wipe out the wizarding
communities completely. 
By 1820 Kanata de Magie was a fully recognised magic school, that
specialised in the artful skill of animagus training. Canada has the
highest rate of animagi in the world, and as it is part of the Kanata
school training, none are registered. Students begin their transfiguration
training in the junior school.
  • Subjects at the school include:
  • Charms – with special emphasis on water, snow and ice incantations.
  • Herbology
  • Potions
  • Divination - Elemental Water Manipulation
  • Transfiguration - Animagus Training
  • Dark Magic
  • Ancient Languages
  • Curse Breaking
  • Alchemy
  • Care of Magical Creatures
  • Magical Law and Defence
  • Laws of Magic
Students may take up to 5 subjects, and require a pass in 4 to graduate.
Although Canada has quidditch teams,
and students are taught how to fly when at school.
  • The Canadian magical schools prefer their own sports and games.
  • Aputi racing – snow racing done on the backs of hippogriffs –
no flying is allowed but try telling that to a hippogriff.
  • Ice hockey is played at the magic school –
professors back in 1933 got together to help create a magical variation of the game.
It is played all winter long when Lake Moraine freezes over.
There are no uniforms at the school but they do have robes and hats
that they wear if ever abroad or visiting another magic school.
These are white fur or a lighter material for other seasons.
School emblem: Bear
School flag: White flag with black bear in centre

• Wananga Makutu

4 Spots Available
    LOCATED AT...
    New Zealand
    RECRUITS FROM...
    New Zealand
    ADDITIONAL INFO...
    Wananga Makutu
    There are only Tangata Makutu - magic people - they do not believe in blood purity.
    They engage very well with magical beings and beasts but there have NEVER been cases of part-beings / part-beasts on the Islands.
    Wananga Makutu - is the collective name for the three magic schools
    School Banner: black with white image of kiwi in left top corner: This is used when all three of the magic schools host an island wide event.
    All magic families are taught the Maori language, English language,  and the New Zealand sign language from an early age.
    School Emblem: Each school has it's own emblem.
    The first school was established in 1879 on the North Island but soon younger students and older students wanted something too.
    The NZ magic school is now – a meeting house on the North Island, another meeting house on the South Island, and a boarding school under water between both islands.
    Students are home-schooled prior to starting on the South Island magic school.
    These two schools are the younger years and will not be used in game
    The day school on the South island is for students  aged between 7 and 13 years.
    Uniform is checkered blue and white dress with peter-pan collar and white tennis shoes / or jeans, white shirt / blouse with blue stripe on collar.
    Emblem : Hapuku fish -- worn as a pin.
    The Hapuku Makutu (Magic Wand) teaches children:
    • History of Magic - this includes the New Zealand magical history as well as any that included Britain.
    • Wand magic - they are taught how to use a wand, all students are given general sycamore wands to learn how to cast wand magic.
    • Haka magic - the power of collective chants and incantations.
    • Herbology.
    • Potions.
    • Astronomy.
    Graduating Exam is known as Whakamatautau Tonga.
    The same grading that applies to Hogwarts, applies to Hapuku Makutu.
    The Tiaki Makutu is the North Island day school for students aged from 14yrs to 16 years.
    Uniform is casual but respectful  - no revealing clothing allowed.
    School emblem: - Kiwi -  to be worn at all times.
    Because this age group are known to be volatile, hormonal and erratic, these two years are important in learning protection magic.
    Subjects taught:
    • Protection Potions
    • Protection Charms
    • Defence against the Dark Arts
    • Wordless magic
    • Occlumency - protect your mind.
    Graduating Exam is known as Whakamatautau Ki Te Raki.
    The same grading that applies to Hogwarts, applies to Tiaki Makutu.
    Whare Moana  (Sea House is the Underwater Magic School)
    The Underwater school is a boarding school for those aged 17 to 24.
    It has a large protective sphere that allows water, fish and other under water creatures to pass safely through  while at the same time, keeping the sea water out of any of the buildings.
    The Magic School specialises in water magic and earth based magic.
    The school emblem is a sea horse.
    There are no familiars.
    For every incantation that is learned and mastered, a symbol of that incantation is tattoo’d onto the student – size and place are ruled by the student and the Leader of Whare Moana.
    As New Zealand is under British rule – the same laws that apply to students at Hogwarts, apply to students at the Wananga Makutu.
    The mode of dress at Whare Moana is a suit that resembles a wet-suit but made from a specialised cloned fish scale that links together to help the student to walk, swim and breathe when outside the sphere of the Whare Moana.
    Subjects Taught:
    • Underwater Herbology
    • Magical Beasts and Beings
    • Mermish language
    • Sentient and Symbiotic Relationships
    • Makutu Wai - Water magic - the use of wordless and wandless magic to effectively hone water spells.
    • Makutu Whenua - Earth magic - the use of wordless and wandless magic to effectively use earth elemental magic
    Tino Uaua is the 'hardest' set of exams the students will ever have to take.
    The grades are the same as those for those at Hogwarts.
    - Underwater sports are encouraged:
    Kete Moana - is an underwater equivalent to quidditch that the school often play with the local Merpeople Village team.
    Eke Tohora - whale riding is again much like flying on a dragon but underwater.

Flower

Just a little bump-a-roo to state that I think this game is pretty fabulous. Hope to see some new faces and their devious plots! ^^

Rustic

We definitely would love to have new faces. We're a fun and active bunch and I don't think there's too much to get caught up on. The GMs and players would be glad to help you fill in the pieces. I think the timeline above is plenty enough to get caught up.

I have some characters that could use all kinds of connections. Like Caela said there are some lighter characters and some darker characters. While he's fun and competitive, Alex has a bit of an edge and struggles from his time in Azkhaban. Meanwhile, Hunter is a kinder and gentler soul who didn't get sent to Azhkaban, and wants to use his writing to help stop the prejudice against Muggleborns.

Anish Joshi

Would love to be a part of it. Possible to read some posts before I put in my character sheet?
Don't Judge!! Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans!!
Discord : Indianboy#8135

Rustic

Quote from: Anish Joshi on February 23, 2024, 11:54:51 AMWould love to be a part of it. Possible to read some posts before I put in my character sheet?

Great to hear! Absolutely!

To not overwhelm people, most of the info to get started is in the first post from Kendra. If you just want to read some posts, you can read them on our forum. If you want more in-depth info on the game, here's the GM handbook, the Player Handbook, and the Setting Handbook, each with a nifty table of contents.

Kara Danvers

~ʜᴏᴘᴇ, ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀꜱꜱɪᴏɴ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ~
 ~ᴋᴀʀᴀ ᴅᴀɴᴠᴇʀꜱ~

Unholy

-shy wave-

I'm really interested in making someone who is a pen pal from another school because that seems like a really easy way to 'try out' the game without inconveniencing anyone if I am not a good fit as a writer...

Is there any specific school that the current active players were hoping to see from someone in the MagiGlobe program??

Flower

Due to unforeseen circumstances, Kendra will be stepping away from Elliquiy for an indeterminate amount of time. Many of the plots and active scenes are tied to Kendra’s characters (because she’s an incredible world-builder, writer, and person). As a result, her absence is an irreplaceable loss to Mugglenet. Rustic and I discussed it, and we determined that it is better to put the game in a state of hiatus until Kendra returns to us. As such, we are putting a halt to recruitment efforts.

I apologize for the sudden nature of this decision, but we believe this is the best course of action. While we are comfortable with co-piloting a small, slower-paced game, we are not comfortable with devoting the amount of work it would take to serve as main GM.

I wish you all the best and hope that once we return, you will once again consider joining our ranks. :)