GHOSTBUSTERS™ TO SAVE THE WORLD AGAIN - Interest Check

Started by Jester, April 07, 2008, 01:56:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester

The Fire Station looked old and decrepit. It had been left unusued for two decades now. No one had wanted to touch it since the previous occupiers had left all that time ago.

At the flick of the switch the lights resisted but finally the large room was awash with a bright light. He felt hsi heart race and was glad he did not cry out like a girl.

Dr Venkman walked in slowly and looked around. A soft whistle escaped his lips as he looked at the years of dust and crap that had built up.  "Jesssus. We are going to need to get a cleaner."

He was not fazed though. At the age of 29 Dr Richard Venkman was eager to continue the family business. He had been amazed when he found that no one had picked up the lease since his father had discontinued it all those years ago. it was exactly how they had left it.

In the office an old picture had been left on a desk.

Egon, Raymond, Winston and Venkman Snr. They would be furious if they knew what he was planning. They had stopped the Ghostbusters after Raymond had left and they rarely discussed it now.

Richard Venkman wanted nothing more than to renew the Ghostbusters. Well..... This was a start. He had some funding. He had the Fire Station.  It was time to visit some old friend......

He looked down at the picture again...... The faces had gone..

Anyone interested in a Ghostbusters game? I am thinking we would be playing the children of the original four.  We would also need a receptionist. Let me know if your keen. 

Khayin

I really can't say no to this! XD

Dibs on Spengler's kid.  ;)

Alternately, I'd be happy with a meddlesome receptionist.

Athem

Sounds like it might be fun!

Happy to play a member of the new team, or the receptionist.

Jester

Well we have vacancies at the moment. So roll on up.

Do you want to send me some draft character ideas?

So thats Venkman and Spengler done.

Who do you fancy achmed?

Anyone fancy playing a daughter just to stir things up?

Jester

Quote from: comedyjester on April 07, 2008, 02:17:54 PM
Well we have vacancies at the moment. So roll on up.

Do you want to send me some draft character ideas?

So thats Venkman and Spengler done.

Who do you fancy achmed?

Anyone fancy playing a daughter just to stir things up?

Ok We have Alex Stantz and Richard Veckman.

Looking forward to a couple more :-)

Khayin

Varla Spengler -- poster child for inventive brilliance gone wrong.

Like her dad, Varla is unreasonably intelligent -- so much so that it interferes with her ability to relate with others.  She is possessed of a morbid fascination for strange lifeforms (and post-lifeforms) and she tends to look at people as little more than complex organisms.  Due to her lack of social knowledge or any tact, she neither spends much of her time around people nor has she ever been concerned about her appearance (though, maybe one of the others may have once commented about it).  She doesn't necessarily hate people, she just doesn't find them very interesting and the the sentiment seems to be mutual.

Her biological and technological expertise, however, is virtually unparalleled even in this day and age, making her a very attractive specimen to various government and non-government agencies.  However, while she would love the funding to advance her ideas, she is notoriously incapable of following orders -- a trait that has put her at odds with various city officials over the years.

Varla was always intrigued by her dad's old business and if Richard found the money to get the Ghostbusters up and running again, she'd be all over that like mold on bread.

She also fails to see what is so odd about collecting spores, molds, and fungus.

Jester

ok :-) That was quick. Two female submisions.

Ok anyone for the fourth member? They can be completely new if you want? I think it might be good if one of the four was a cynic and knew nothing about the past.

So any male cynics out there happy to play the muscle of the outfit?

Jester

Would you guys like to start and we find a fourth later?

It would be quite in keeping with the original films.....

VandalSavage

Just an aside, but it's somewhat narratively appropriate that Winston comes later in the show, considering he did so in the film and, of course, always was the "hard sell" on the zany antics of the others.

Jester

Khayin

Ready to go whenever everyone else is!

Also, did we get the receptionist?

Jester

Nope just the three of us at the moment.

Give me a bit and Ill get a thread started.

VandalSavage

Quote from: comedyjester on April 11, 2008, 05:50:08 PM
Exactly....

Do you fancy being our winston?

I am swamped with preoccupations at this point, but I am definitely invested in following this game.  I will see how things go as far as joining - as a Zeddmore, Melnitz, Tully, or even the progeny of the insidious Walter Peck -  and will most certainly be reading along.

Amberghylles

I shouldn't... but I simply cannot resist.

I am interested and wouldn't mind taking up the mantle of the beleaguered receptionist.   

Jester

Well anytime Vandal. Just post a message here.

Good to have you on board Amberghylles. They have only just opened up so feel free to put together a bio and stick your nose in when you get a chance.

Amberghylles

*nods*  Will do.  *rubs hands together and starts working on nailing down a concept and bio*

Jester

story started. looking forward to your receptionist.

unless you fancy doing a male extra ghostbuster?

Kitikat

I'm not sure I could do justice to Original Cast offspring, but I'm quite keen on being the receptionist if Amberghylles prefers a more active role, or some other kind of supporting cast...? I have a couple of funny ideas, if you'd like to run through them :D
Bisexual, prefers to play female or T* characters
Ons and Offs and more!

Jester

Hiya Kitikat,

I have some ideas to run past you as well.

Send me a pm with your ideas.

Amberghylles

I could do a ghostbuster... my idea had been to play a Ghostbusters fanboy showing up to work the reception desk just to be there (and to be much much to eager and curious for everyone's own good)  I could make him a tad more competent in paranormal science (or not...) and have him show up to apply as a full fledged team member if that works for folks.

Jester

Amberghylles