Welcome... Home? (Twilight:2000) (Post Apocalypse)(Looking for 2-3 more players)

Started by AlexStone, May 27, 2013, 08:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NiceTexasGuy

Can't go wrong with a Land Rover (as long as you don't have to pay for it) ----

So, we kinda sorta have five people?

Phaia - helicopter pilot without a helicopter

vin26m - tunnel rat without a tunnel

NiceTexasGuy - motarman without a mortar

arkhos - Canadian without any other Canadians

and just to be different,

mayovagn - conscientious objector with a gun
What a shame -- The money you spent on those tattoos could have gone toward a boob job.
===
My Ons and Offs:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=97303.0
==============
I have taken The Oath of Don't Waste My Friggin' Time

AlexStone

Assuming everyone on that list is in, we have five people.  I'll look to get the game started early in the week. 

Everyone mind confirming that they are in or out?

arkhos

Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

mayovagn

In and going to look at a background soonest. Is the timeline in the twilight 2k book the same as 2k13?

Cos I have the original second edition 2k and its easier to read than a .pdf.
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

mayovagn

Wait! I know what wheeled transport we want! I have it!

Here's a hint...

https://images.encyclopediadramatica.se/a/ab/Flux_Capacitor.jpg

(With apologies to anyone who doesn't frequent any of the sad dark corners of the internet I do and haven't encountered this dreadfully overused meme before)

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

AlexStone

We're using the Twilight:2000 background.  While we're using the Twilight:2013 rules, the background isn't the Cold War Gone Hot story we all know and love. :)

NiceTexasGuy

What a shame -- The money you spent on those tattoos could have gone toward a boob job.
===
==============

Phaia

yes i am in

Nice recap there NTG!!

so Alexandra York as Either CW5 Or 2nd Lt.

Vin as the srgt - E5 or E6

NTG as an E4

Mayo alos  E4

the canuck --Master Corperal [just for amusement] --(caporal-chef)

we also need to know how many die we have for a vehicle and what we can do with them?

also if we have a canadian then maybe a Bison APC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bison_(armoured_personnel_carrier)

http://www.warwheels.net/images/LAVBisonAPCG2T2CanadaHEARN2.jpg

has a big range-- and a diesel engine which means it can burn less then normal fuel

Phaia

NiceTexasGuy

Quote from: Phaia on June 02, 2013, 01:23:25 AM

also if we have a canadian then maybe a Bison APC

has a big range-- and a diesel engine which means it can burn less then normal fuel

Great idea -- 

--------------

We was doubled up with a platoon from Charlie company in back of deuce and a half with a shitload of gear and fuel cans.  It was kinda funny cause the princess don't like me very much and we was pressed together like somebody was making s'mores, you know?  It was uncomfortable as hell, only I was enjoyin it knowin how much she hated it.  So anyway, we pass this canuk... er.. Canadian guy sittin on side of the road with his APC and outa fuel ... It was a match made in Heaven, eh?

---------------

Unfortunately the air conditioning upgrade wasn't available in 2000.  Now, if we could get that flux capacitor installed and figure a way to get that puppy up to 88 mph ....
===
==============

arkhos

Quote from: NiceTexasGuy on June 02, 2013, 08:47:25 AM

Unfortunately the air conditioning upgrade wasn't available in 2000.  Now, if we could get that flux capacitor installed and figure a way to get that puppy up to 88 mph ....

Just need to find a realllllllllly long hill.....
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

AlexStone

Quote from: vin26m on June 02, 2013, 10:53:26 AM
The .pdf is available for download for $15.  I bought it and it looks really good.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/58794/T2013--Twilight%3A-2013-Core-Rules

I like the rules a lot- obviously- but skip the background chapter, since it doesn't apply for this game.

vin26m

My character is a combat engineer/demolitionist who can make the fuel for the vehicles.  He's a regular sergeant (E-5).  I might have him use a SAW.

I'm trying to get Neysha to join as a mechanic since we seem to need one of those for the vehicles.

vin26m

Quote from: AlexStone on June 02, 2013, 11:16:12 AM
I like the rules a lot- obviously- but skip the background chapter, since it doesn't apply for this game.

Got it.  I have some dead tree Twilight 2000 stuff, too.

Neysha

Quote from: vin26m on June 02, 2013, 12:32:44 PM
I'm trying to get Neysha to join as a mechanic since we seem to need one of those for the vehicles.

I'll make a character. :)
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Neysha

Name:Sukhee Choi
Occupational Specialty:Driver/Mechanic
Specialized Weaponry: Proficient with sporting rifles, shotguns and handguns. Basic US Army training with military grade weapons. Some extra-military hand to hand combat training. Mostly judo and kickboxing. Nothing specialized.
Branch: United States Army
Appearance: Image One, Image Two, Image Three, Image Four
Korean-American. She's a petite five feet, two inches tall and somewhere in the ballpark of just above a hundred pounds in weight. Dark brown eyes, fair skin, short black hair.
Personality: Sukhee is somewhat addicted to adventure and excitement. Fairly selfish, she does care quite a bit about friends and family, but has little consideration or regard for most other people in general regardless of their station in life. She also has little regard for annoying things like laws and social mores or civil concepts, using and breaking them at her own convenience. She enjoys action, and excitement and gets a positive rush just as much from helping someone she cares about, or basking in the adoration of people she may have helped, as she is in doing the opposite, such as the juice she used to get from street racing, or in her brief forays into combat and helping her new comrades in arms.

Background: Sukhee grew up a rebellious child in a slightly stereotypical strict upper class household. Due to her rebellious nature though, her parents had a mostly hands off approach to her lifestyle, thus encouraging her further and further into unsavory activities as she grew older. Mostly she was involved in the street racing and later auto related crime scene including auto theft and drug running as well as street racing and bets. Her juvenile record was extensive and didn't have much room for improvement when she turned eighteen. However during her next arrest, she didn't end up in jail or prison as she feared, but something worse.

Due to her recent certification as an auto mechanic and other technical skills, she was given the choice of jail time, or military service. She chose the latter. Hoping that it would provide some sorely needed discipline and guidance, she actually ate up the discipline heavy lifestyle as well as the sense of restlessness that military service offered, excelling in her training and combat support duties. Unlike many pogues or REMF's, she was a perpetual busy body in the motor pool and working on vehicles and other machinery as opposed to just lazing like many of her fellow draftees and reservists. However she stood out too much, for as soon as she was deployed to an actual combat theater, her attitude got her to be slotted in as a replacement for frontline service.

While combat was exciting, she also found the sense of being reminded of her perpetual mortality to be completely terrifying as well and was actually relieved they were returning home. Besides staying alive, her primary motivation is simply returning home to her family and only real loved ones, though she is currently facing a crisis of conscience. While she has no real loyalty to any government, she is loyal to her immediate comrades in arms, thinking of them as a family as well even though their relationship can be antagonistic sometimes. Her bond with her fellow soldiers is the only thing keeping her from deserting.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

AlexStone

Six players it is!  Welcome aboard, Neysha.  We're getting close to the point where we'd probably have to form two teams, should we attract anymore players. 

(Or, we could form two teams, and just have a couple of NPCs to round them out.)

Either way, I'll try to get the game proper started- at least some OOC to start dealing with the gear issues.

mayovagn

Name : Jenny Verity Godly.
Sex : Female
Hired on as : Medic
Also bloody good at : Driving and fixing mechanical things
Branch : Formerly of the Royal Green Jackets, hired on the with the Yanks as the UK was in as she so poetically puts things 'shit state mate' and the offer of a ride out to the 'colonies loike' was too good to pass up.
Appearance : Picture, another picture, got the picture yet?
Personality : Jenny is fairly happy if a bit brusque, sarcastic and has a typical british habit of both black humor and in 'taking the piss' out of people she likes. She likes a joke and a laugh, sometimes a little too much. She can be a little quiet at times and withdrawn when she feels the need, observing carefully rather than involving herself in the world. She is loyal to those she cares about fiercely and is happy to fight and defend that which she cares about. Including of course her own values, which are exceptionally important to her.

Background : The inner cities in the seventies were a harsh place to grow up. England was in some very deep economic doldrums. Strikes were commonplace, with the three day work week and the repression of the miners by the conservative government,a general malaise and a large amount of poverty.

It was fortunate for Jen that she grew up the youngest daughter of five children of a family who owned their own small business. Her father was a mechanic who had learned his trade whilst stationed in Germany in the British Army. He had started his family late and knew he would have to retire sooner than he would like due to various health conditions and so insisted on teaching each and every one of his kids all that he knew. Not only as this would help to keep them off the streets and the family afloat if the 'bad times' continued, but it would give them skills they could always fall back on later in life. Real practical knowledge that even if it wasn't applied to a career would still come in very, very handy for them over the days and years of their lives. Jen learned partially from her father and also partly from her older brother Oscar.

Through it all Jen's mum was very supportive. She was from a family of poor Irish immigrants, she well understood the wit and wisdom in her husband insisting that the kids learned all they could growing up. She was always a strong woman, firm and immutable in her values and beliefs. All four of her girls and her one boy were all told 'Find  your own path. My path is my own, yours needs to be yours. Be who you are, who you want to be, never live for others.'. Also instilling in her children a very strong moral core, a deep understanding of the need for community, care and mutual aid towards everyone who deserved it. To judge others by their acts, by their deeds and not any kind of other arbitrary nonsense. That actions are what count in the world and that all the pretty words didn't make a 'hapeth of a difference' if the intent and outcomes were detrimental to others. These values would often lead to trouble with 'authorities' for the family, yet they would always stand together and use reason, logic, rhetoric and plain facts to state their case. Sometimes they would even come out on top for all of that.

When Jen left school she found herself, though an accident of following a friend, someone whom she secretly loved more than a little, into a performing arts course for two years at a local technical college. She passed out of this with a deeper understanding of herself and the world, but that the world of the arts wasn't so much for her. She went on to a period of flitting about from job to job, never quite settling until she found herself being pushed by the woman she was flatmate's with into taking an apprenticeship with the local St. Johns ambulance service with her.

This lead to a number of years of on and off the job training, ambulance driver soon became 'paramedic' as the terms changed and there was a further round of evening classes and learning. Jen had always been a quick study and enjoyed the process of acquiring new skills and aptitudes and so threw herself into any optional qualifications she could that came up or were offered.

The war was a background thing for Jen for quite a while, it wasn't till things started to become really bad that her family was pulled in. Her brother was called up and wound up working as a combat engineer after being rushed through basic and continuation training. The draft was a rude shock. It was wrong, it was dead wrong. It should be the individual's choice of whether or not to 'serve' not up to some bureaucrat in a wood paneled office in Whitehall who only ever saw numbers, not even names, let alone faces. It was preposterous and laughable that anyone else had the authority to make that sort of decision for her brother or for anyone else.

Her sisters were called up, one by one, later on that year. There were dark murmurings in the inner cities that this 'draft' was mainly affecting certain areas, Brixton in London was a battleground for several weeks with a weakened and beleaguered police force trying desperately to keep order against a rising tide of social unrest. This rapidly spread out to other area's of London and then on to Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Portsmouth, Brighton, Southampton and many other major cities. In many cases deaths were involved in quelling the unrest. Many of those arrested were given the option of long terms of hard labor or a three year term of service in the armed forces. This included two of Jen's sisters.

When Jen was called up a few months later she took the government to court. Challenging their Jurisdiction. Though all her arguments were correct and true the state could not afford to ever admit this. Giving Jen a win would have opened the floodgates to thousands of others who would use the same arguments. She was railroaded, imprisoned for several months until she was finally sent on to basic training.

In basic Jen did very well indeed, learned everything she was taught and more, earning plaudits from her instructors, yet her opinions and values did not change and she constantly landed herself in trouble by standing up for herself in the face of orders. She then found herself in continuation as a battlefield medic. This, given her past experience wasn't a huge surprise.

She found herself in the Royal Green Jackets in the remote Scottish highlands. The fighting had been fierce in Norway the previous year and the unit she had been assigned to was still significantly under strength and undergoing build up and re-training while waiting for re-deployment where they would be able to do some good.

The rest of the war was somewhat of a blur. Deployments and battles, wounded and dying comrades in arms. Helping as best she could. Nights of terror, days of blood and bone. Flash and blast and heat and light. The dying of the light. The end of the world as we know it.

She lost the rest of her platoon to a Spetznaz ambush, only surviving herself due to quick thinking and extreme sneakiness. She arrived back to find her HQ a ruin and the front line shifted at least five miles in the wrong direction. She hooked up with two members of black watch and a member of the special boat service and the four of them walked back to friendly lines.

Jen was discharged on mental health grounds and sent back to a shattered England for a few months. What was left of the land of her birth was horrifying, sickening, heart rending. Jen fell into a depression. Her parents were dead, her brother and one of her sisters killed in action. The other of her sisters who had been serving had picked up some kind of very nasty bio agent during one of the pushes into Poland and was blind, deaf and paralyzed all down one side of her body, the other sister was looking after her. Jen paid them one visit then couldn't go back. She had seen enough, seen too much.

She couldn't stay in England. She couldn't stay in the UK. She had to get away.

The recruiter had caught her in Plymouth. The yanks were looking for service people, anyone who had useful skills beyond just holding a gun. They were offering a boat out and a plot of land back in the US. The only drawback was having to give service for a few years. More blood and bone and the smell of cordite and smell of terror. Only this had the promise of land at the end of it.

A real gamble in this age, but work was hard to find even for her, food was something that happened if you were lucky, clean water if you were really bloody lucky and a safe warm bed at night if you were the spawniest bugger on the bloomin' planet.

Jen felt like she was selling a part of her soul as she signed the paper. She was going to America.

Jen quote : "What does not kill us, makes us stranger. I'm pretty bloody strange, so I must have been not killed. A lot. Its quite worrying how many times this must have taken place to the point that when I think about this, late at night when everyone is snoring around me, I can hear my brain blood barrier slowly disintegrating. Literally breaking down as I listen to it. So I try not to think about it anymore. Its like trying to not think about pink elephants, bloody impossible. The fuckers keep showing up asking if they can blag a fag off of yer to fritter away the afternoon. Wankers."

AlexStone

arkhos

Name: Alexander (Alex) Clark
Occupational Specialty: Squad Support/Designated Marksman
Specialized Weaponry: Very skilled with sniper weapons, proficient with handguns. Basic Canadian Army training with military grade weapons and hand-to-hand combat
Branch: 1st Canadian Brigade Group, 3rd Battalion, Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry - Bravo Company
Appearance: Image One, Image Two
Personality: Alex is a kind, quiet man, generally keeping to himself and doing his best to keep out of trouble. Loyal to those he trusts, once he gets to know someone he is quick to open up a bit more and get to know people. He isn't fond of huge crowds of people, and he has a general kindness towards animals, though he is not above hunting and eating them when necessary. Alex is very observant, and is not overly familiar or comfortable in large towns or cities, being a farm-boy himself. He is quite proud of his Canadian heritage.

Background: Alex grew up near Red Deer, Alberta, Canada. His father and his father's father before him were farmers and 'frontiersmen', living away from big cities and all the troubles and distractions they caused. Alex helped his father do what needed to be done, and even hunted game to put food on the table at times. Alex was a crack-shot from a very early age, and only got better and more skilled in time.

In the technology age, though, Alex was eager to find something more, to see more and do more than his father or anyone before him had done. Upon graduating from school and hitting his 18th birthday, Alex enlisted into the Canadian military, a move which was not well-received by his parents. It caused a rift between them that would never heal.

His first duty assignment was deployment to Europe, specifically to Heidelberg, Germany. That's where he was stationed when hostilities broke out.

It wasn't long before his unit saw action, advancing to the front only to be summarily destroyed by overwhelming Warsaw Pact forces. Alex witnessed his entire unit massacred, from which he was the only survivor. During the initial engagements, Alex killed his first target. And his second. And third, and fourth... the kills racked up, putting his long-range skills to the test day in and day out. Quickly, though, the command structure of his entire company fell to pieces. Alex did his best to retreat westward on foot, seeking to find any surviving allied forces, Canadian, US, UK, NATO or otherwise.

Eventually he met up with the 4/4 Cavalry Squadron with great relief. Hoping to hitch a ride back to the West, he was all too eager to get back to North America, and leave the hell of Europe behind him.