Giantslayer (Pathfinder, LGBTQ+ friendly)

Started by TheKhan, December 02, 2018, 02:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on December 05, 2018, 02:30:35 PM
Temple of Elemental Doom taught me that I hate giving free AoO's to Ogre's with +7 to hit because of their massive Strength.  I want Spring Attack.

Me too!  I would also like to cross-class into Mouser (Swashbuckler).

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Snake

Where's the common sense? Plug away at it from outside melee range with bows.

GunmetalDreamer

Giants tend to have enough health to wade through a few rounds of ranged combat, so you want blockers for your ranged support (while they're hucking boulders at you in return, I might add).  I do have a bow, and non-adventurer strategies likely involve a lot of long spears to negate the advantage of their reach, but those are a bitch to carry around while climbing, leaping, and such as we adventurer-types tend to do.

Besides, I need to be true to my spirit animal:

Snake

-can't help but laugh at that pic- true u less you're shooting them with telephone poles

Thorne

Quote from: Snake on December 05, 2018, 03:29:43 PM
-can't help but laugh at that pic- true u less you're shooting them with telephone poles

We call those ballista, where I come from.

Sadly, you can't carry one of those around in your pocket. I checked this. :/
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Snake

I call it gravity bow + enlarge person. :p

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on December 05, 2018, 03:26:58 PM

Who is this?  It kind of looks like the original marine from Doom.

Quote from: Snake on December 05, 2018, 04:02:33 PM
I call it gravity bow + enlarge person. :p

Enlarge person doesn’t work on bows, sadly.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Snake

I thought a throw away line had and effect,  it also enlarges your equipment. I may be misremembering that Tho admittedly

PhantomPistoleer

It does say that, but it goes on to say that any equipment that leaves your body, including projectiles, revert to their normal size.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Snake

Carry huge class arrows in a bag of holding?

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Snake on December 05, 2018, 04:28:15 PM
Carry huge class arrows in a bag of holding?

Damn, that is a really good idea.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Chulanowa

so I'm not 100% certain what class I'm going for yet. i'm leaning stronk towards fighter, but don't wanna step on THorne's toes... Maybe barbarian, or the world's least effective Bard / Skald (A charisma-based class with a Dwarf on 15-points? OUCH) But i do know that she's gonnabe one of the following...

Dorf

Snake

I can't get the PHB to come up for me. Can someone pm me the traits?

TheKhan

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on December 05, 2018, 01:24:49 PM
Dwarf Training Trait from the Player's Guide <_<

edit:  But, yes, given that Ogres are the weakest Giant I can name off the top of my head and they're CR3, I didn't expect them to come out swinging right from the word go.  If they get thick enough later though, laying the groundwork for an anti-giant build early is important (especially since Society play doesn't allow retraining, last I checked).

That actually gets discussed in the intro the second adventures. The writers came up with some interesting workarounds, but they also felt like Ogres were cheating, so the first two adventures get a lot of mileage out of orcs. The final dungeon though? Crawling with giants.

Oh, and that's also not to say Ogres don't show up! There are some pretty awesome ones around.

Snake

I think I may use the orphaned by giantkind

Muse

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on December 05, 2018, 05:07:24 AM
Now now, picks aren't until the 15th and submissions are pretty Martial heavy at the moment.  Isn't it a little soon to be giving up, Muse?

Sorry about the sulky moment.  ^_^;;  It's just hard to put in work to get a character 90% done before I know if I'll be accepted or not. 

*laughs*  Okay, I've just wounded my own gamer pride. 

You can expect fire haired elven mage who's gown only really stays up because of her prestidigitation cantrip sometime in the next 18 hours. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Snake

Martial heavy cuz low lvl Mages in pf  suck. Hard. Now if cantrips workee as they do in 5e then they get better

Muse

Cantrips are infinite in Pathfinder.  And generally they got a class feature that keeps them competitive at first level. 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Snake

At a piddly 1d3 of damage. If you got no fallback you've just lost your impact if you're a blaster

GunmetalDreamer

Hunter

Quote from: Snake on December 05, 2018, 02:41:12 PM
Where's the common sense? Plug away at it from outside melee range with bows.

And people wonder why I love clerics with negative channel.   Good luck!   ;D

Envious

It takes me too long to make a character. So many options to read through!  :P

firepyre

Quote from: Snake on December 05, 2018, 08:44:18 PM
Martial heavy cuz low lvl Mages in pf  suck. Hard. Now if cantrips workee as they do in 5e then they get better

Pfft.

Snake

High level magic at its best.

And now Im considering a support caster wizard.