Wrath of the Dragonkin

Started by Lady Jenn, February 03, 2018, 05:46:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orenji

"If she can't handle the simple truth of her own actions, then I'm afraid this really is where we part... Sorry for bothering you with all this and interrupting your business." Cefrey turns to address Barty and Toral, "I don't think it's appropriate to stay here any longer, so if either of you would still like to lend me a hand, I suggest we take our discussion elsewhere. I saw a nice pub a few streets down, I think it was called... 'The Prancing Pony.' How about I treat you to breakfast and we all just lay out our plans and really get to know each other?"

Lady Jenn

"You're right," Paeter said, anger written across his face. "You've outstayed your welcome, I would appreciate if you took the horses now." He walked towards the door, stopping when he felt Toral's hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry friend, I promise I will make sure she has a fitting burial place, and I will keep an eye on Ariadne." He hugged Toral. "Good luck." With that, and a last look towards the other two, left the room, slamming the door to the kitchen shut.

"I've already eaten," Toral said, turning back to them. "But I'll come with you, how far is it."

Orenji

"Not far, it's only about a ten minute walk."

Pdriggy

Pleased that some sense was finally being made, Bartly continued to The Prancing Pony where he was keen to say less now and absorb more from the others who knew more about all this.

Lady Jenn

"That table is best," Teral said, pointing to one in the corner, while scanning the tables around them. "If you need money then ask me." He looked out the window, his mind wandering as he waited for the others to come over. "Earth mistress," he said under his breath, "tell me I am doing the right thing." He felt a tinge of surprise as he turned towards the bar, seeing Ariadne talking to a tall, bearded man, a hammer strapped across his back. She looked briefly in his direction, before turning her back to the table. He sighed, closing his eyes, grasping the necklace, and mouthing whispering something in a foreign tongue.

Orenji

"It's fine, I said it was my treat, didn't I?" Cefrey flags down a barmaid and lets the two of them order whatever they want, claiming to have already eaten and letting her go without ordering anything herself, before turning to Teral and getting down to business. "Now then, I couldn't help noticing back at the inn that you seem to already have some sort of connection to Ariadne and Paeter, so before we go any further, I just feel as though we should clear the air. I think it's pretty clear that what I said back there severely offended the both of them, as good as my intentions were and as upfront as I was trying to be. I'd just like to make sure that I didn't offend you as well, and if you don't mind, would you like to share with us the nature of your relationship?"

Lady Jenn

"Ariadne I only knew through reputation before yesterday," Teral replied. "You do not stay in Paeter's inn without hearing stories of her. Paeter..." he looked distracted for a moment. "Paeter took us in. I came here with...one of my kind, an older female whose health was deteriorating and beyond any healing skills I possess. We came to an agreement that he would hide us here for as long as necessary. Unfortunately that deal ended when she passed into the next life last night." He looked in the direction they'd come briefly. "Paeter loved her once, he won't say it but I strongly suspect he still does," he said, turning back to her. "That is why he is protective of her. We are better off changing the subject though, we need to make plans." He felt unease, glad at that moment the tavern was so loud the Elf couldn't hear what he was saying at that moment.

Orenji

"I see... yes, that does put things into perspective..." Cefrey mumbles to herself under her breath. Looking up and noticing Teral's discomfort and Ariadne's presence, she says, "Well, I'm glad I haven't offended you, but if you're uncomfortable with the company we are in here, we can always move. Would you like me to see if they have some more private seating or if there's another tavern or inn nearby?"

Lady Jenn

"No, I'd rather be here," he replied. "There is only one inn I would feel comfortable in, and I don't think Paeter will allow us in again." He realised he had absent-mindedly still been holding the end of his necklace and suddenly let go of it. "I will come with you if you wish though, you are heading into a region I know well."

Pdriggy

In reply Barty says, "Please tell us everything you think will help, we are going in blind and need to plan this properly."

Orenji

"Right, then let's start from the beginning..." Cefrey takes a cylindrical leather case off of her back, opening it up, pulling out a number of maps, and spreading them across the table, making sure to leave some room for the food they will be bringing. With a glance at both of them, she adds, "This may get a bit long, but if you have any questions, please refrain yourselves until I've finished."

"Now then, as you both probably already know, this here is the fortress city of Tarnegar, the capital city of the Kingdom of Alandal and the home of King Myraz." she says, pointing to where the city is marked on a map, within the norther part of the Karuten Plains, just south of The Forest of Shadows. "What you may not know is that within this city, and probably across his entire kingdom, Myraz has been terrorizing his citizens. At first, the city guards would pursue anyone who might pose a threat to his rule, raiding the homes of rebels and protesters of his militaristic rule, but now, they persecute anyone who so much as speak poorly of him or defy them."

"Unfortunately, it only gets worse. Myraz has in his possession a magical artifact he stole from the king of Dragonblight, King Stormrider... 150 years ago. As long as he has this artifact in his possession, I'm afraid that there is nothing anyone can do to stop him. Not only is his lifespan extended by it, but it also makes him invulnerable... Well, at least as far as I know, it's very possible that it has more limitations or functionality than that." she says, shrugging her shoulders.

"In any case, my good friend and leader of the resistance within the city of Tarnegar, Vennar, has entrusted me with the task of venturing to the capital of the Dragonblight Kingdom and requesting the aid of King Stormrider. He also entrusted me with the Dawnhammer Blade, and if you remember what Ariadne said, it has quite a history behind it and it should help us at least seek an audience with the king. If you'd like to see it, I'd be happy to show it to you later, but I'd rather not pull it out anywhere it might attract unwanted attention."

Looking over Barty and Teral, Cefrey asks them, "Now, do either of you have any questions?"

Lady Jenn

"So far, no," Teral said, watching her closely. "Well, other than how you plan to reach the Blight, as someone who calls the Troll Hills home, this is no mere stroll you are suggesting we take." He was suddenly reminded of the night before, especially still seeing Ariadne at the bar. "My apologies, I'm sure you have this figured out."

Pdriggy

Barty adds to Cerney, "Please go ahead, tell us more"