Beyonce named her baby what?

Started by rachelongaku, January 08, 2012, 06:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rachelongaku

Blue Ivy?

Really? These names are getting ridiculous. Just thought I'd express my disbelief here. I'm all for people giving their child original names but there's a point where it goes too far....
Haven't been here in years but I'm in need of a good distraction!

Izzie Aditi

“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Iniquitous

Ivy was a play on their belief that the number 4 is special for them ( Roman numeral IV). The number four shows up a lot between the two of them.

Don't know the reason for Blue .. however I know that Bleu was once a popular name for boys. Way back when.
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

Shjade

Her parents go by Beyonce (okay, seems like a name even if uncommon) and Jay-Z (obviously a robot design model's designation).

This does not surprise me.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Iniquitous

Quote from: Shjade on January 08, 2012, 06:09:46 PM
Her parents go by Beyonce (okay, seems like a name even if uncommon) and Jay-Z (obviously a robot design model's designation).

This does not surprise me.

Jay Z = Shawn Carter. Jay Z is just a stage name, which is not new or uncommon. 

I think the point is, it's their child. I've heard worse names to be honest and while I would not choose to name my child 'Blue' ... we do not have the right to judge. Like it, dislike it - in the end our opinions do not matter.
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

Geeklet

Eh, I still think Nicholas Cage holds the top stop with his son, Kal-el.

Shjade

I thought the top spot for weirdness was "Blanket?"
◕/◕'s

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Geeklet on January 08, 2012, 06:31:40 PM
Eh, I still think Nicholas Cage holds the top stop with his son, Kal-el.

Moon Unit Zappa might argue that one :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Izzie Aditi

“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Belle33

Apple (Gwyneth Paltrow) is pretty bad;  so is Ocean (Forrest Whittaker).

But, I'd have to give Jermajesty Jackson the win for worst celebrity names.  It's bloody awful.

Ons/Offs, Stories & Poems, Currently Not Available for RP

Chris Brady

Dweezil and Diva Muffin Zappa might disagree with you, Belle.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Beguile's Mistress

Oniya

Quote from: Shjade on January 08, 2012, 06:37:25 PM
I thought the top spot for weirdness was "Blanket?"

I think 'Blanket' has a real name, but Michael made his inner circle keep it quiet from anyone.  As weird as the guy was, he managed to keep his kids out of the public eye enough that they have a chance to live a normal life if they want to now.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Oh, come on! That's hardly the worst I've ever heard. That officially belongs to (I think it was) Pink. She named her child Audio Science.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Chris Brady

That actually sounds kinda cool.  Not much teasing can be done there.  But DWEEZIL.  That's a schoolyard death sentence.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Shjade

So basically we're all in agreement that fame makes people do silly things.

To their children.
◕/◕'s

Jag

I think the worst celebrity child name I've heard of is Pilot Inspektor. Though Moxie Crimefighter is pretty bad too.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Oniya

Okay, this isn't a celebrity or their child, but should maybe be used as a cautionary tale.  Always think about what it's going to look like if it's printed in the news.

http://www.fox8.com/news/offbeat/ktla-beezow-doo-doo-zopittybop-bop-bop,0,1745824.story 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

JackWhite

Metta likes his name too. Metta Worldpeace.

Formerly known as Ron Artest.

Jag

Quote from: Oniya on January 09, 2012, 10:36:55 AM
Okay, this isn't a celebrity or their child, but should maybe be used as a cautionary tale.  Always think about what it's going to look like if it's printed in the news.

http://www.fox8.com/news/offbeat/ktla-beezow-doo-doo-zopittybop-bop-bop,0,1745824.story

That wasn't his birth name though. He had it changed from Jeffrey Drew Wilschke to Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, so I don't blame his parents for that terrible name choice. I do, however, wonder who approved that name change. O_o
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Autumn Sativus

Quote from: Oniya on January 08, 2012, 08:36:43 PM
I think 'Blanket' has a real name, but Michael made his inner circle keep it quiet from anyone.  As weird as the guy was, he managed to keep his kids out of the public eye enough that they have a chance to live a normal life if they want to now.
Indeed, Prince Michael Jackson II (nicknamed "Blanket").
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Oniya

I'm thankful that he only inflicted his questionable judgement on himself, but I don't think that really changes the WTF-ness that much.

Geeklet

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 09, 2012, 10:11:07 AM
I think the worst celebrity child name I've heard of is Pilot Inspektor. Though Moxie Crimefighter is pretty bad too.

While the middle name is kinda weird, I actually like the name Moxie... >.>

Callie Del Noire

I think Frank Zappa's kids have it worst.. BUT.. my PERSONAL experience is a pair of twins.. last name:Day.

The parents named them....

Christmas .. and Independence.

Lilias

Quote from: Shjade on January 08, 2012, 09:50:46 PM
So basically we're all in agreement that fame makes people do silly things.

To their children.

If this is even peripherally accurate, it's not a matter of fame.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI