Tokken Prodigy School (anime/hentai game) SEEKING TWO PLAYERS

Started by Sephora, July 31, 2016, 04:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdragon

What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

JoanieSappho

Yay! She's not going to be shamelessly hunting down students for smexytimes, but if it seems like it should happen, well, now I know it can.
Also, here she is. I hope.

Kenzie Robinson, Sports Teacher
Name:  Mackenzie Robinson

Prodigy Type: Athletics (Rugby)

Personality: Having both hurt others by accident and been hurt - rather severely - accidentally, Mackenzie has become very gentle in her dealings with others, both physically and otherwise. Her interactions with her students tend towards the more motherly, compassionate and caring at all times but stern when she feels that she needs to be - especially when it comes to the safety of her students, who are often quite surprised at how their usually gentle teacher snaps at them when she catches them being reckless. While the young are convinced that nothing bad can happen to them, Mackenzie knows differently and will not allow her children to hurt themselves through their own stupidity if she has any say in the matter.

Country of Origin: New Zealand

Background: Mackenzie was always a big girl, stronger than even she usually remembered or knew how to handle and accidents were quite commonplace, although luckily no one ended up seriously hurt because of her clumsiness and lack of control. Her introduction to the world of sports was rocky at first, her bulk and strength gave her definite advantages in several sports, but her lack of control more often than not held her back, and most traditional female sports lacked any real appeal for her.
Until she was introduced to Australian Rules Football. While the sport definitely made use of her size, it demanded precision and control and after losing once - in an especially humiliating game - Mackenzie threw herself into improving her skills and discovered her passion for the game. Between her natural abilities and her almost fanatical devotion to training and practicing, her skill improved dramatically as she moved from friendly matches with her friends to school and even national tournaments, competing in four national under 17 tournaments and being a substantial force in winning two of them. Only her drifting towards rugby during her few years at a certain school for prodigies prevented her from a proper career in the AFL, but more controlled than the before, she was as much a force to be reckoned with in her new field as her earlier one, and, if anything, the wider range of international fixtures - not to mention that rugby was an Olympic sport AFL wasn't - allowed her to pursue an even fuller career, with numerous matches at all levels, including an Olympic gold.
Unfortunately, rugby is a sport where injuries can happen and while she had grown used to the odd knock and occasional injury, the combination of a bad tackle and being caught under two other players ended her career. Mackenzie's leg healed up fine, but the news that, due to a few feet going in the wrong place, she was probably never going to have children hit her hard and she left the sporting world. At least until she was approached by her old school to teach the next generation of girls and boys. Initially hesitant, she soon found that her maternal instincts flared up around the students and has since become happy in her new role nurturing these young boys and girls.

Sexual Preferences: Bi, leaning more towards lesbian

Appearance: The one on the left.

Sephora

Mai asked me a few questions, that I think merit a post here.

Location of the School:
The school is located on an island on the Pacific Ocean.  This is so that every single character is a fish out of water.  No locals present.   It is by no means isolated, there is a population that lives on the island separate from the Academy.  Going to places like a restaurant or a shopping center wouldn't be difficult. 

At what age are students recruited and how long do they stay there?
A student is only eligible for the Program at age 16.  They remain until graduation.

Are there npc prodigies with the same skills as playable characters, or are the characters the only ones representing their category?
That is just avoiding double up.  Although I am enjoying the idea of a 'battle royale' for team sports, it doesn't make much sense.  The school is a full school filled to the brim with a great number of prodigies in the same categories.  I am 100% alright with people taking that information and running with it.  Is your character the best chef prodigy out of all the other chefs at the school, or have they gotten into the program by the skin of their teeth? 
My in game explanation for this is that each country chose THEIR top prodigy of every given thing.  So while there is an entire team filled with cheerleading prodigies, there will no two from the same place. 

mai

Hi all, here's my character. I'm looking for other folks to plot with, platonic friendships, love interests, rivalries, you name it.

Katelijn van Schoorl, cycling prodigy
Name: Katelijn van Schoorl

Prodigy Type: cycling

Personality: Katelijn (pronounced "kah-ta-LIEN") has a strong personality, perhaps a bit aggressive. She's used to working hard for what she wants, and looks down on people who are less than direct about what they're after. She's honest, straightforward, and unafraid.

Country of Origin: The Netherlands

Background: Katelijn is the daughter of two Dutch doctors, and grew up comfortably in her family home near Amsterdam. She developed a fascination with cycling (especially road racing) at a young age, and has been riding as long as she can remember. Her parents didn't approve of her single-minded focus on sport at first, but after her skill became apparent they reluctantly agreed to allow her to continue. She did quite well in junior races in the Netherlands, and so was scouted when the Tokken program needed another cyclist.

Katelijn has already made something of a name for herself as a road cyclist. In junior races, she distinguished herself as a team player and all-rounder. She seemed to be able to fit all of the roles cyclists usually divided into, equally capable of speeding through flat sections as climbing difficult hills, and always willing to draft for her group or help out a teammate who needed it. Her coaches have always encouraged her to focus on a particular specialization, but she remains determined to fight for the general classification (the overall winner of the race), rather than trying to focus on just winning sprints or climbs.

Outside of racing, Katelijn's life has been fairly normal for a girl her age. She does acceptably well in school, but never quite cracked the top academic echelons due to her focus on cycling. She discovered that she preferred girls fairly early on, but thus far has kept that secret from her parents, who she worries won't approve. She had a girlfriend back in the Netherlands, but they split up when she left for the school, as neither of them particularly wanted to deal with such a long-distance relationship at this time. When she's not cycling, she enjoys watching or playing other sports in a casual setting, sailing, and looks forward to being able to drive a car.

Sexual Preferences: pansexual, with a heavy preference for other women, or feminine-leaning people.

Appearance:

edit: oh, I just noticed in the original post you said that the game would start on the first day of school, but I've written this character up as a second year, should I revise?

MissFire

Name: Tsubaki Teno
Sexual Preferences: Bi
Country of Origin: Osaka, Japan
Prodigy Type: Athletics (Martial Arts)

Personality: Tsubaki is crass and blunt, a straightforward type of person that says what is on her mind at all times. There seems to be no filter between her brain and her mouth. Some people appreciate her honesty, but it mostly just gets her into trouble. She is absolutely lazy unless it has something to do with martial arts. In all other cases she exhibits sloth-like behavior, prefering to take naps or cut class instead of doing actual work. If she applies herself she's actually pretty smart, but the only thing she really puts any effort to is martial arts. In a fight she's actually proven to be a pretty smart strategist, especially when she's figured out an opponent. Tsubaki likes to protect the weak, but it's not clear if it's out of any sense of justice or if she just really, really likes hitting people.

Background: Tsubaki was actually a pretty good student when she was a little girl. She was bright and cheerful and happy. That's when her world collapsed. Her father was an engineer for Atsuki Dynamics and on one special day he brought her to see his office. It was supposed to be just a tour of the office area and the break room (kids love vending machine snacks), but he was called away to the lab. A curious Tsubaki followed and entered the restricted area, causing a panic among the technicians which let to catastrophic failure and an explosion. The blast deafened her, blinded her in one eye, and did permanent nerve damage to her hands. She sat in a catatonic state in the hospital for a week, her mind broken by the incident. She was angry at herself, at her father for leaving her, at the world.

Her father felt guilty. Instead of visiting her in the hospital he worked tirelessly for two weeks on the Auditory Magnification Prosthesis - the AMP. The two cat-like 'ears' use magnetic waves that line up with small metal discs at her temples just under the skin to 'hover' around her head. The AMPs pick up ambient sound and through advanced technology that harnesses a kind of audio echolocation, transmits them to Tsubaki so she can hear. It's genius technology, but prohibitively expensive and unfit for mass marketing, rendering Tsubaki's set almost the only one in existence. She was grateful to be able to hear again, but was still angry. She lashed out and became delinquint. The only focus she could find was martial arts, which she was introduced to by her uncle. A practitioner of kendo, judo, and jeet kune do, he taught Tsubaki everything he knew. The girl took to it like a fish to water. She quickly became a renowned martial artist at a young age and began winning tournaments (and street fights) one after the other.

Other: Tsubaki's Theme: Atomic Bonsai, "Bluuuhh..", "Cool, huh?"
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

pdragon

Name: Abriana Zeppeli

Prodigy Type: Occult

Personality: Normally very quiet and soft spoken, on the surface Abriana appears to fit a very stereotypical image of an macabre enthusiast: dark clothes, disheveled hair, dark, tired eyes from many sleepless nights. Some even claim to feel a dark aura or sudden chill whenever they get close to her. She has a very eccentric way of speaking, and is at the best of times socially awkward, and at worst completely inept. All of these things tend to distance her from others, even when she finds herself in the spotlight for interviews and tv appearances. However deep down she has a gentle, even motherly personality, though this can often times manifest in strange, somewhat creepy ways even when interacting with people's she's usually comfortable with. Having allegedly been the host for visiting spirits on several occasions, she has picked up several ticks, compulsions, and other eccentricities, left over influences from the spirits who have inhabited her body as she explains it, and may even sometimes break out into eclectic fits or begin muttering to herself in gibberish, or worse, proper languages that she other wise professes to have no fluency in. 

Country of Origin: Italy

Background: Having been born in an average, middle class home in Sicily, Abriana has reportedly been in tuned with the supernatural since a young age. When she was younger she spent much of her time with her grandmother, who lived with them in the same house, a superstitious old woman who would fill Abriana's head with all kinds of ghost stories and legends. Everything from foreign tales of voodoo and possessions, to personal accounts of strange occurrences she herself had encountered as a little girl. This early exposure instilled within her a fascination in all things paranormal, so much so that after her grandmother passed she believed herself actually capable of speaking to her from beyond the grave, and would often spend many hours in the family attic doing just that. Throughout her school days she researched all sorts of different cultures and phenomenon, though this ended up ostracizing her from her classmates, who believed the girl creepy and dangerous. Often rumors would spread about her trying to put curses on other students, or rounding up animals from around the school to torture and kill for strange rituals.
However she didn't receive any proper renown until around middle school, where an "incident" at her family's home ended up on the state news. Reportedly Abriana had been possessed (or undergone an intense fit of hysteria resembling as such) and it had taken 3 police officers and Catholic priest to properly calm her back down to normal. This caused all kinds of buzz for a time, and she found herself being reached out to by news studios, paranormal investigation groups, and occult hobbyists. Spurred on by this burst of recognition she was touted as a proper medium, someone who could contact the dead and conjure spirits, and has been featured on several ghost hunting shows as a result. While her field of expertise is rather..."questionable" in it's validity, the sheer amount of knowledge she has in regards to foreign cultures and mythology alone make her more than qualified for the title of prodigy.

Sexual Preferences: pansexual

Appearance:

Request Thread

Annie

Name: Nanase Kousaka (western spelling)

Prodigy Type: Math

Personality: Nanase is probably the most trusting, innocent and ditzy person in the world. If she's supposed to steal some candy from a child, she would be the one robbed by the child instead. And later she would tell her misadventure with a smile in face.

The way her mind works isn't so far from an infant. Everything amazes her. The world is a big playground, where she could live many, many adventures. She have a unquenchable curiosity and she's always asking questions about how stuff works. However, she's easily scared and respects authority from elder people (even if the elder in question is just a few days older than her). Nanase have trouble to fit into social customs, because she simply can't understand them.

She does have an amazing proficiency in mathematics. Nanase can make complex operations with big numbers in her mind, pretty much like a calculator. Algebra, Calculus, Geometry, there's no field that hold any mystery for the girl. If it does, she can learn it secrets quickly. Nanase can't develop new theories in math yet, but this is more due to her personality and character than anything else. It's almost like she doesn't have conscience of her own gifted skill and what she can do with it.

Country of Origin: Japan

Background: Nanase had a pretty common life until her parents became concerned about her childlike behavior. She always had almost perfect grades in math, but, besides that, nothing indicated she was a genius in that area. It was her therapist, a math enthusiast, that first discovered her gift. Oh, and he found nothing wrong with the girl's mind. Counseling her parents to foster Nanase' skills, he indicated the Academy. After an entire year working hard, Nanase made the entrance exam and finally earned her place in the school.

Sexual Preferences: Bi-curious. Her innocent, carefree demeanor pervades in how she deals with most aspects of her life, even sexual ones. She's a naturist by heart and doesn't have any inch of shame into exposing her body, though she would never do that to seduce anyone. Neither she understands the perverted or reproachful stares she might earn for that. Nanase doesn't know much about sex, since she's still a virgin. In her most deep conception, it's something harmless and fun that very close friends (or couples in love) do. She loves to masturbate and she usually does that fantasizing about getting naked in a very crowded place.

Appearance:

NSFW: 1 - 2 - 3

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

Chrystal

Quote from: pdragon on August 16, 2016, 03:35:43 PM
I'd be interested in making a prodigy in occult/physic studies if that would be acceptable.

I think he meant psychic...!

Correct use of words is important! You can keep a parakeet as a pet, but I'd not want to try it with a paraquat, for example!

I'm sort of holding back to see what people come up with before I create my character.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Tokyorose627

I'll make my idol prodigy in a moment. Bit busy with errands! XP

MissFire

I'd rather make mine 17, but based on what I read I thought they had to be 16?
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Sephora

Missfire:  You are going to have to pick only one type of martial arts.  Also I am a little confused about the invention that allows her to hear.  Do you intend to have it give her any extra-special hearing type abilities, or is it just a super gadget hearing aid?

pdragon:  I was hesitant at first to approve any kind of 'supernatural' type of prodigy, but the way that you've allowed her speciality to remain questionable works really well.  Approved!

Annie: We already spoke over pms, Approved!

Mai and Missfire: I did want everyone to be in the same year originally, that way at the very least I can shove everyone in the same homeroom, and I have the ability to finangle around with solely year 1 plots.  That being said, I won't forbid second year students from existing.  Just be aware that somewhere down the line a subplot might form that your character wouldn't have access to, and you'll need to be alright with that rather than ask to be the second year exception. 

mai

I'll make some edits to my character so she can be in the same year as everyone else, then.

Sephora

Great, and Mai you already know you are approved.  :)

Also Joanie:  I need to know what subject your Mrs. Robinson (god bless you for that)  will be teaching. Gym?  You can have her run multiple subjects. 

MissFire

Does this mean that Nanase can only be good at one type of math? Or Abriana can only be good with one area of the occult? These things Tsubaki are good at are kind of parts of the same whole. Fighting. It's not like she's going to be kung-fu'ing everything anyway, or that this is a game based around fighting, so why not? I'm not against changing it so she specializes in just one, it just seems like an odd limit to have. I'd get it if I said 'she's a martial artist AND expert computer hacker!' or something, which might eat into another character's specialty or something,  but she's just good at martial arts. Also, no, she doesn't have super hearing. They're just a device that lets her actually hear.

And she doesn't have to be a second year. I just don't really fancy her being 16. Isn't 17 the minimum age on the forums anyway? I thought that was the rule or something if characters were going to be engaging in explicit behavior? Maybe you can just bump the starting age up to 17 or 18? There's already like three people who put seventeen down as age anyhow.
    - Sima Yi

mai

Quote from: Sephora on August 16, 2016, 07:12:19 PM

I know. I've made some edits though, I don't mind having her be a first year. The stuff that I mentioned about her first year at the school can still be happening offscreen, since most of the game won't be about each person's individual field but rather how they interact with other talented youngsters.

e: unless it's changed since I last checked, the forum does allow 16-year-old characters. I would be in favor of an older starting age, though, personally.

Sephora

Missfire: No, but is the same situation when it comes to sports.  Someone could make themselves a prodigy athlete from everything from basketball, to football, to tennis. Rather than have that be the case, I'm limiting it down to one.  I've done it to myself as well. My own character is limited to the violin, I'm not about to make her equally brilliant in all forms of music.  That's not to say that your character CAN'T know other forms of martial arts.  By all means, she can.  I'm just saying that there can only be one form that she could be considered a genius in.

Characters at age 17 are fine.  This is in regards to playing a second year.  A character can be in their first year and be 17. 

As for Elliquiy rules....to quote, "1) All sexual role playing and sexual storytelling must involve physically and mentally mature characters. They must be sixteen years of age or over, and/or the physical and mental equivalent. Banned role playing and story subjects include lolicon, shotacon, or any other form of sexualizing prepubescent minors."

MissFire

- Sima Yi

JoanieSappho

Quote from: Sephora on August 16, 2016, 07:12:19 PM

Also Joanie:  I need to know what subject your Mrs. Robinson (god bless you for that)  will be teaching. Gym?  You can have her run multiple subjects.
... I didn't even notice that. But that only makes it better. And yeah, gym sounds appropriate for her. And, I forget what it was called, but the health/sports sciences class that my school had. The theory side to go with the practical in gym.

Also, do I need to slim her down to just rugby?

Sephora

My school just called that class health.  I assume there will be a sexual ed component.  :3   Unless the entire school really is just a conspiracy to breed super prodigies. 

I actually thought she WAS just rugby.  So, yes. 

Inari

I hope I have done this correctly.

Name: Laura Smithson

Prodigy Type: Gymnastic (Floor)

Country of Origin: Manchester, England.

Sexual Preferences: Isn't quite sure as she hasn't had the time to fully explore. All she knows is that she likes the look of people regardless of their actual gender.

Personality: When people first meet Laura she seems cold, distant and seemly unsympathetic. If anything she is the opposite. Once people get past the chilly outside they will see that she is a sensitive soul who is a perfectionist to a fault and socially awkward. She is kind and helpful when needed and isn't the type to sit idly by if she sees a wrong being committed.

Background: The child of two fitness coaches, Laura has never had an easy life. From the moment she was able to attend children gym classes she has been pushed to do so, even when she hadn't wanted to go. She has had a very strict upbringing in terms of schedule with little to no room for much of a social life and utter control over her diet. Her parents have been openly criticised in the media for the treatment of Laura but according to child welfare laws they have committed no crimes. At school, people have been too afraid to approach her and have only done so if they needed to. This has just added to her lifelong isolation and given her a bad reputation of being "unapproachable."
So far she has managed to gain many awards and trophies in different contests and is currently under training for the young adult Olympics "Floor" category. Even though she is considered an "up and coming" star it is her parents who have always done the speaking on her behalf claiming her to be "too shy." Personally, Laura has given up on even trying to speak in public as it is clear her parents want to take credit for her success.

Annie

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

pdragon

Quote from: Sephora on August 16, 2016, 07:01:09 PM

pdragon:  I was hesitant at first to approve any kind of 'supernatural' type of prodigy, but the way that you've allowed her speciality to remain questionable works really well.  Approved!
Thank you kindly.

And yeah I figured it'd be more acceptable/entertaining if it wasn't 100% clear if she was legit or not. I like the idea of most people assuming she's just a nut, and nothing she does seems to actually work, but every once in a while things just happen to play out in a way that's a bit too hard to explain normally (plays x files music).

Request Thread

JoanieSappho

Quote from: Sephora on August 16, 2016, 07:37:03 PM
My school just called that class health.  I assume there will be a sexual ed component.  :3   Unless the entire school really is just a conspiracy to breed super prodigies. 

I actually thought she WAS just rugby.  So, yes.
Well, she is now. And somany possibilities with so many students ...

Relikai

Name: Jules LaKanza

Prodigy Type: Sports (Football/Soccer)

Personality: Confident, assertive and unpredictable was how people would describe Jules. His leadership could be seen in the field, the boy full of confidence as he calls out instructions to his peers and boys of other ages. Jules possesses a daring streak, unafraid to try new things and do his best at them, although Football was the only thing he truly excelled in. Jules has proven his loyalty by choosing to play for his hometown club, Olympique Marseilles, upon graduation and being ready for the First Team. That does not mean that he wasn't ambitious, and beyond sports, Jules has plenty of interests to pursue during his free time, girls being one of his favorite types. Jules maintains a very disciplined lifestyle, breaking them only occasionally as along as they do not interfere with his training.

Country of Origin: France

Background: Born in Marseilles to an family of footballers dating three generations back before the Second World War, Jules was trained and raised in a footballing culture since the age of four. Being able to play in many outfield positions, Jules was noted to possess a highly intelligent footballing brain as well as perfect vision and skills to provide and score goals for his team. He could also defend well, making him a total footballer with the ability to excel in any position. Jules eventually chose the versatile Midfielder position as a Playmaker, using his knowledge of defending to play reverse psychology with opposing defenders, and the habits of attackers to both improve his attacking play as well as disrupt moves by the opposing team.

When he was thirteen, Jules was sent to Clairefontaine. Many top clubs tried to sign him into their youth ranks, including FC Barcelona and Manchester United, during his time in France, but Jules ultimately chose Tokken as his destination upon graduation at the age of fifteen. Being the top three in his class, Jules represented France in the FIFA U-17 World Cup thrice, and the FIFA U-20 World Cup twice, winning individual medals including the Golden Boot for most goals scored in three events, and the Golden Ball in four of them for being the outstanding player in the field. France made it to all five finals with Jules in the team, winning four tournaments and establishing itself as a youth powerhouse.

Upon graduation from Tokken, Jules agreed to join Olympique Marseilles on a two year contract with a wage of £10,000 a week, before heading off to England or Germany to ply his trade in his favourite clubs. His current valuation in the Transfer Market stands at 39 million pounds.

Sexual Preferences: Straight

Appearance:

pdragon

Quote from: Sephora on August 16, 2016, 07:23:12 PM
Missfire: No, but is the same situation when it comes to sports.  Someone could make themselves a prodigy athlete from everything from basketball, to football, to tennis. Rather than have that be the case, I'm limiting it down to one.  I've done it to myself as well. My own character is limited to the violin, I'm not about to make her equally brilliant in all forms of music.  That's not to say that your character CAN'T know other forms of martial arts.  By all means, she can.  I'm just saying that there can only be one form that she could be considered a genius in.

Perhaps maybe as a compromise she could be an expert at a particular culture's array of martial arts? Like say she's an expert at Japanese Martial Arts specifically. That way she can have access to an array of styles, which puts her above most martial artists who only specialize in one and thus keeping with the prodigy idea, while also keeping logical consistency, since she's not fluent in every type of martial art, but she has trained in ones that would logically have been accessible to her growing up. This still leaves open a bunch of different styles like boxing, wrestling, MMA, Chinese martial arts, military based CQC, lucha libre, Brazilian martial arts,  Krav Maga, etc. etc. for people to be prodigies in if they so please. This approach would also be more accurate in terms of modern day fighting, as most active combat sports emphasize learning an array of fighting styles and combining the best aspects of them in one instead of just focusing on a single style of martial arts. This is particularly prominent in UFC and other MMA promotions where fighters who rely too heavily on one style of fighting tend to be far outmatched by those who are more well rounded.

Request Thread