Life In The Ludis:Just about full, could use one or two more house slaves.

Started by Urbanzorro, February 06, 2014, 05:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGTDan

A female Celt...this totally won't trigger anything in Brutus :P

“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

bubby

SGTDan

You truly are a horrible woman Bubby  ;D

I mean that in the nicest way
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

bubby

IrishWolf

Hmmm, you know, I mentioned that Conchar fights naked but I never said anything about his daily wear. What do you think bubby, would Ryann enjoy watching and training with a tall, muscled Celtic man, in the buff all the time or should he wear a tunic when not in the arena?

bubby

Lol... naked man? Hhhmmm..

... YES PLEASE!!!

That is my personal view anyway.... Ryann however, might just think he thinks himself a bit too awesome for his britches. Or lack thereof...

SGTDan

Quote from: bubby on February 08, 2014, 07:13:07 PM
Lol... naked man? Hhhmmm..

... YES PLEASE!!!

That is my personal view anyway.... Ryann however, might just think he thinks himself a bit too awesome for his britches. Or lack thereof...
I'm too sexy for my tunic

*Sings away*

Pater Familias: Urbanzorro
Wife: The wife of Lucius Flavius and mother of his children. The most powerful woman in the house and one of Lucius's most trusted confidants
Eldest Son: Currently SGTDan, Brutus Flavius
Son: Vanetias, Galvius
Eldest Daughter BarbaraGordon, Livia
Daughter Another of Lucius's daughters. Being prepared for life as a proper Roman woman
Daughter Another of Lucius's daughters. Being prepared for life as a proper Roman woman
Head House Slave Foxy Oni, Illyria
House Slave Whtbitch4u2own, Amethyst
House Slave One of the many enslaved servants within the Flavius house hold.(may be male or female)
House Slave One of the many enslaved servants within the Flavius house hold.(may be male or female)
Doctore Kcrunch55, Marius
House Champion (Gladiator) IrishWolf, Conchar
Full Gladiator GnothiSeauton, Ada
Full Gladiator A fully trained gladiator of the house Flavius, these warriors have completed their training, earned the mark of the gladiator, and now serve the family in the arena. (may be male or female)
Full Gladiator A fully trained gladiator of the house Flavius, these warriors have completed their training, earned the mark of the gladiator, and now serve the family in the arena. (may be male or female)
Gladiator Trainee Odanrav, Vissius
Gladiator Trainee Bubby, Ryann ap Elim
Gladiator Trainee An as of yet untrained gladiator to be. Whether they succeed or fail in their training remains to be seen (may be male or female)

There you go Urban, and any new folks to know what is taken and what isn't
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

kcrunch55

Awesome, looks like we have almost all the essential characters.
Looking forward to getting into this.

AlexStone

So, I'm sorry I'm a little late to the party, but does it look like you've got room for more?  And if so, what would be best- I can come up with a lot of notions here.

bubby

Looks like it depends on what you want to do. There are several spots still open, according to the list.

AlexStone

Well, true enough.  I guess I'm asking what would help the game best at this point- another gladiator? Something not on the list? (Or would that not figure into the plot?)

bubby

Well I'm not the Great and Powerful Leader of the game, but it seems to me another Full Gladiator might be good.

Urbanzorro

I'd say either a fully trained or trainee gladiator, with a slight lean towards trainee but not enough to make that large a difference so really just up to personal preference. Or a male house slave if such appeals to you. For instance perhaps an intelligent Greek (or other race) who serves as an accountant/advisor/sounding board for my character.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

TheLegionary

Hi there,
I don't believe I missed this thread! Are all the male noblepeople roles taken?
If this is the case, I may be playing another full gladiator. Is this role still available?
TL

SGTDan

List of available roles for everyone

Pater Familias: Urbanzorro
Wife: The wife of Lucius Flavius and mother of his children. The most powerful woman in the house and one of Lucius's most trusted confidants
Eldest Son: Currently SGTDan, Brutus Flavius
Son: Vanetias, Galvius
Eldest Daughter BarbaraGordon, Livia
Head House Slave Foxy Oni, Illyria
House Slave Whtbitch4u2own, Amethyst
Doctore Kcrunch55, Marius
House Champion (Gladiator) IrishWolf, Conchar
Full Gladiator GnothiSeauton, Ada
Gladiator Trainee Odanrav, Vissius
Gladiator Trainee Bubby, Ryann ap Elim
Gladiator Trainee An as of yet untrained gladiator to be. Whether they succeed or fail in their training remains to be seen (may be male or female)
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

AlexStone

Seeing as how gladiators seem to be where the action is these days, I'll make one of those.  Give me a little bit to pound out a character in my head.

bubby

AlexStone

SGTDan

Oh you guys, I'm surprised no one has taken the Wife.

I never thought Zorro would be that unlovable
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

bubby

Zorro is all sorts of lovable! I'm just not very much the 'wife' type. >.> Even if she could be a ruthless bitch. I need to be a ruthless bitch with SWORDS!

RAWR!!  >:)

IrishWolf

Quote from: bubby on February 09, 2014, 06:15:51 PM
Zorro is all sorts of lovable! I'm just not very much the 'wife' type. >.> Even if she could be a ruthless bitch. I need to be a ruthless bitch with SWORDS!

Awwww, so cute *picks bubby up in a big hug* I refuse to believe you need to be a ruthless bitch, lol

bubby

Quote from: IrishWolf on February 09, 2014, 06:20:17 PM

Awwww, so cute *picks bubby up in a big hug* I refuse to believe you need to be a ruthless bitch, lol

*Attempts the rawr again, but dissolves into purrs at the hug* I don't need to, but I like to.  ::)

TheLegionary

Greetings Urbanzorro and everyone!
Even if there is someone else applying for the role of a full gladiator, two of them are required. I am taking one of them.

Julius Flavius Severus
by TheLegionary
Role: Full Gladiator
Gladiator Type: Julius Flavius Severus had a lot of experience in the Roman Legions in the Northern regions of the Empire. This explains why he can fight as a Murmillo or a Velites.
Orientation: Heterosexual
Appearance Details: Even before becoming a gladiator, Julius Flavius Severus was always a physically impressive man. The tall Roman stood 6’2 and weighted more than 220 pounds of pure muscles, perfectly distributed in a manly body with wide shoulders, thick arms, 8-pack abs and strong thighs. His brown, curly hair and dark eyes were a perfect match for his tanned skin, covered with scarves in his arms.
Personality: Julius Flavius Severus was a very confident man, which was a consequence of his dominant personality. He was used to leading, not being led. Until a tragedy fell upon his personal life, he had protective instincts, playing the role of the Alpha provider for his family and even for his subordinates. However, this past was is gone and by the time he was made slave, he was using his superior body and intelligence to intimidate, to abuse and to beat whoever did not bow to his selfish desires. This does not mean he cannot carry on a conversation and eventually teach what others don't know - he is capable of making friends when some pints of beer are on the table. If any soul can see through his hardened surface, he or she will see a troubled person looking for peace.
Bio: Julius Flavius Severus was born as a free Roman in a very rich family that had been given lands near Modena. The young Julius was raised as traditions required for his status, i.e. educated as someone to rule. Besides Latin, he learned to speak Greek. Moreover, he was taught the basics of astronomy and astrology. Traditions also required him to be trained as a legionnaire, even a commander. As he reached 16, Julius was sent to combat as a commander of a centuria and spite of his lack of experience, managed to win some battles. At the age of 25, he was becoming a legend, rising in the military career.
Then, something terrible happened to his life, which would make his world crumble. The Fates did not spare him. While his beloved family was visiting him in the North, a group of Germanic raiders crossed the Rhine River. His family was staying in a small fortification targeted by the invaders who outnumbered the defenders in a sneaky attack. As a result of the invasion, his wife was killed and his twin kids were enslaved, taken to Barbarian lands.
This was too much for Julius, who collapsed emotionally. Julius became a problematic official, obsessed with the idea of finding his kids again. He led several raids into Germania, even though his commanders had not authorized them. He was reprimanded and all he did was to curse his commander. His lack of discipline caused Julius to be expelled. His father, a famous Roman commander who had fought with Augustus in Egypt, did not like what happened. When Julius returned to his father's home, he was not allowed to enter it. Within 6 months, Julius was owing lots of denari and as he could not afford paying his debts, he was sold in the other side of the Tiber River as a slave to the Pater Familias Lucius Flavius, who had heard about his fighting skills.
Character's Ons: Julius is naturally dominant, but he enjoys a challenging woman to be tamed. After the death of his wife, Julius' romantic side faded away and all he cares about a woman is how she can please him - paradoxically, he can be lovely and tender, if his old self comes back. He likes the different: her wife was a redhead woman, which was quite unusual for Roman standards, where brunettes were the rule.
Character's Offs: Same as myself. See below.
Player's Ons: I am open to discuss anything. I thought we could show him changing from a brutal man to a more centered character. Of course, sex would come first, but I want to see his noble side back. This is just a lose idea, so I am open to change it: even though I like planning, I am not very dogmatic.
Player's Offs: My list is not very big. Even if you think I may have it listed something you want in my off list, please send me a PM: I tend to be very flexible, since a major on for me is to turn my writting buddies. For further information, click here.

SGTDan

Quote from: bubby on February 09, 2014, 06:15:51 PM

A perfect combo those things

Sharp pointy things and ruthless bitches
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

EndofDivine

So I was doing my research because I had no idea how roman names worked and apparently Romans numbered their daughters if they had too many. So yeah, that's a thing that happened. Anyway, I made the mother. Not really the ruthless bitch bubby might have made unless she's around one of you dirty slaves or brutish barbarians...then the mother gloves come off.

Aurelia
by EndofDivine
Role: Wife/Mother
Orientation: Heterosexual
Appearance Details: Aurelia is of average height and weight with unblemished skin that is only lightly tanned thanks to her life of luxury. She is almost always dressed to impress, believing it adds to her air of authority and nobility. Around other proper Romans, she's the very image of the perfect wife and always has a smile to offer and pleasant conversation to exchange. Her demeanor is much less bright around those of lower stations and she usually drops the practiced pleasantries altogether in the company of her husband's slaves.
Personality: Confident and headstrong, Aurelia is in charge of the affairs of the household and she's not afraid to show it. More than anything, she tries to keep up the illusion of nobility despite the family's failing wealth. Any guest she receives is well-entertained and cared for, giving the family a reputation of hospitality - something Aurelia prides herself on.

Aurelia's main focus is keeping the family together, especially as the family's situation has deteriorated. She plays the role of a family mediator when necessary and offers a helping hand and an open ear to any member of the family that may need it. Her children have always been the center of her life and while she may not agree entirely with some of their actions, she does still love each of them. A lot of the furor Aurelia shows in the family's dealings is motivated by that love; the woman trying her hardest to continue the family's tradition of wealth so that her children may enjoy the life of nobility for many more years to come.

Her kindness doesn't extend to her husband's slaves, however. She's lived the lifestyle far too long to think of them as anything more than property and she treats them as such. Aurelia isn't needlessly cruel by any means but she also doesn't hesitate when it comes to keeping the gladiator and house slaves in line. Even so, she does often find herself using the slaves as a way to vent her growing frustrations, turning minor infractions into major punishments.
Bio: The life of luxury that comes with being a Roman noble is all Aurelia has ever known. She was born into a noble family that served as a bit of a friendly rival for the Flavius family, both of them making a living off the work and blood of others. Given the two family's close ties, it was really only a matter of time before the bonds were made stronger through marriage. And so, at a fairly early age, Aurelia was given to the family's oldest son, Lucius. It seemed like the perfect union; both families had started seeing a decline and believed their combined strength would be enough to stave off financial ruin.

That proved not to be the case, however. The two families working together actually made things worse for both parties, complacency settling in once the two rivals stopped competing against one another. Aurelia's family suffered much swifter than the Flavius family, her father abandoning Pompeii and the family estate shortly after Aurelia began showing signs of her second child. Left alone in Pompeii with only her husband and her growing family, Aurelia decided to make the best of it, trusting that Lucius would find a way to prevent the same fate from befalling her and her children.
Character's Ons: Romance, teasing, bit of an exhibitionist
Character's Offs: Rape, Incest, Violence/Blood, Bathroom stuff
Player's Ons: I really don't care as long as it's nothing extreme. Just ask first.
Player's Offs: Same as the character's