Overlord: A semi-humorous adult evil fantasy rp

Started by Darthvegeta800, September 10, 2010, 02:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darthvegeta800

Overlord: A semi-humorous adult evil fantasy rp!

In a fantasy-world where ancient heroes go corrupt, good is corny, Elves are pretty silly and kingdoms clash, once more a mighty evil Overlord has risen. The big question is... just how evil will he be? And does it really matter given the fantasy stereotypical freakshow going on outside (or inside?) his domain?
The tower has been gaining power for some time and the gremlin-like minions(or 'Browns) have been working frantically to restore it to it's former glory. The new 'Evil Overlord' now has to set out from the tower to gain power for it, to find the elemental variants of his whacky minions: the 'Blues', the 'Reds' and the 'Greens'. But also find artefacts to empower his magic and powers.
On his way he'll encounter 2 women who might become his mistress, his 'Dark Queen'. But one will try to guide his evil to let him impose order on the anarchy that plagues the world. She is kinder than one might expect, elegant and refined, a true lady. She would see him walk the path of domination.
The other is seductive and manipulative and wishes to set him on a path of Destruction. Only power matters and all is a means to an end.
Both have abilities, powers and advantages...
Which woman will sway his heart (or loins?) and how will it effect the lives of those silly odd fantasy creatures who'll soon face his overly dramatic wrath?

Raevyn

I wouldn't mind having a pop at being a manipulative, seductive evil bitch, if you don't get a better offer :)
"Don't think this means anything. This is just pillow talk, baby."

Darthvegeta800

;D Sure give me a pm.
Any chance you could also play the 'nicer Queen'?
I'll of course handle the loonie minions and deranged enemies/innocents.
Or would you prefer to make it a 3 player scenario?

Raevyn

Oh, sure. Happy to try my hand at both. Wasn't sure if you wanted more than one person or not. i'll drop you a pm :)
"Don't think this means anything. This is just pillow talk, baby."

Darthvegeta800

theuncommonmuse

Icame across this and thought I'd ask if you're up for a third to play the nice queen?  I'd be happy to join in....but understood if you've already set it up.

Muse

Darthvegeta800

It's not set up yet, we're still brainstorming.
If my fellow player doesn't mind, you can join in to play the woman who tries to 'guide' / 'temper' him.
I'll send Raevyn a pm ^^

theuncommonmuse

Theik

Ah, overlord. It is indeed an awesomely humoristic fantasy genre.
With flesh eating unicorns, obese elven priestesses and the awesomeness of minions, what is there not to like about the games?

Thumbs up for roleplaying it. =)

Darthvegeta800

Quote from: Theik on September 12, 2010, 07:53:00 PM
Ah, overlord. It is indeed an awesomely humoristic fantasy genre.
With flesh eating unicorns, obese elven priestesses and the awesomeness of minions, what is there not to like about the games?

Thumbs up for roleplaying it. =)

Yep. Complete insanity!

theuncommonmuse

sent a pm with a character bio for Fionna...the good queen...chuckles...looking forward to rping with you both.

Darthvegeta800

Will check soon. Moving to a new appartment tommorow will try to get things going with you two ladies tommorow after I check the bios and made an opener for the rp.

theuncommonmuse

Darthvegeta800

As soon as I hear from the other player we'll start setting up the opening post.  ;D

theuncommonmuse

Fionna - I added a bit more to flesh her out

Fionna was light where others were dark.  Born to a high elf priestess who had fallen in love with a human noble, Fi had a love for all the creatures and races of the land.  From her mother she inherited her fae looks, powers and empathy, from her father his common sense and problem solving ability and to see the bigger picture.

When news of the evil overlord reaches her ears, she sets out to intercept him, hoping to persuade him to use his power to dissipate the anarchy that has gripped the kingdom and to persuade him to rule it instead of destroying it.

Fi is tall and softly rounded, her hair is the palest of silvers, and flows down to swirl at her ankles.
Her eyes are  tri-colored, consisteing of rings of lavender, amethyst and silver, part of her elven heritage.  She is calm and gentle of nature, but she will do what needs to be done to bring order to the land, that includes romancing the dark overlord and persuading him to her path, the path of light, the path of ruling versus destruction.

Fi has inherited her mother's elven powers.  She carries the mark of the goddess on her right cheek, a pale purple tattoo that swirls fron her hairline to her cheek.  She wears the circlet gifted to her by her mother upon her coming of age, and her rings of power.   These rings are not weapons, they are simply conduits for her elven magicks.  Her rings are:
     The Sapphire of the Sky and Wind, creates a shrouding mist to confuse and disguise her location.- worn on her right forefinger
     Bloodstone of Healing - allows her to heal small wounds on herself and others - worn on her left forefinger
     Moonstone of Light - creates lighted orbs that allows her to light her path - worn on her right ringfinger.

Fi can bond with animals and carries Glynni,a silver squirrel on her shoulder as her constant companion.

She is both telepathic and empathic.

Her only weapons are a short sword that she carries at her side at all times, and her staff, which she can use to wield spectral blasts to knock an enemy off his feet.