Page Freeze

Started by MagicalPen, July 23, 2010, 10:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicalPen

I am using Google Chrome now and when I scroll down to the bottom, to where it shows current active users etc, the page freezes on me.

I can click on my other open tabs and scroll on them, but the E-tab is completely locked up for some reason, but only when I scroll down towards the bottom.

Odd?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Trieste

Google Chrome seems to be more sensitive to the server slowdowns than other browsers. I get the "oh snap!" screen a lot on Elliquiy lately; if the problem doesn't resolve itself after the new server comes in, I plan to say something to Veks about it.

Haibane

I am getting more freezes with Firefox now, usually when I'm typing in the 'post reply' window. The browser can hang for around 30 seconds sometimes and I'd say these freezes are getting more frequent.

Haibane

Can someone offer some advice please? Here's a screencap of the unresponsive script error message I often get in Firefox. I'm using 3.6.8 now and it has (annoyingly) updated itself rather more than I'd like in recent days...  :-\

This image is unusual in that the error actually says which script has halted, usually it gives me no clue.

I also often get pages freeze while the browser is waiting for a response from googleanalytics.com.

If these are problems with my browser setup and not Elliquiy I'd so appreciate some advice on fixing them because this is getting a little annoying.

Thanks.

Trieste

The script is Lazarus. Either Laz is out of date or it's buggy with the newest FF version.

Haibane

Thanks Trieste. I've updated to Lazarus 2.0.5 so we'll see how it likes Firefox 3.6.8.

Trieste

Sure thing!

Love the new avatar!

Haibane

Haha. Thanks! Me too. I had a choice of using one of my two main kinks - bondage or lingerie and the lingerie won.

Haibane

I've just had the same error again, first time in two days which is a lot less than it was. It used to be around 3 times a day.

It's still linked to Lazarus it seems, but perhaps Elliquiy is throwing a spanner in the works as well somehow?

MagicalPen

My freeze still occurs.

Here is an image:

It freezes at exactly that spot with out fail everytime. I can hit 'back' in the browser window and it works, or I just close the tab. It just seems to lock up on that spot (and, using Chrome, says the webpage is having problems and asks if I want to close all E-related tabs).

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Haibane

Sorry Eeyore, I hijacked your thread. *hugs* I was thinking your freeze issue and mine might be related but I don't think they are. I've made the unhappy discovery that Lazarus 2.0.5 and Firefox 3.6.8 are incompatible on my computer. They might be fine for other people but the Lazarus javascript was locking up the whole browser something chronic every few minutes. Since disabling Lazarus everything has been fine. I'll just have to revert to writing my posts in Word and copy/pasting them :(

I wonder if it's possible to find an older version of Lazarus? It was fine when I first had it (3 updates ago).