News:

Main Menu

True or Con?

Started by grovercjuk, October 28, 2010, 05:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grovercjuk

Brandon

I heard about this yesterday and I still doubt she is some kind of time traveler as a lot of people seem to claim. The problem is its hard to tell what the object in her hand is at any of the given angles. We dont seem to see any illumination on her face as she passes by. Just based on that I highly doubt its a cellular phone or at least the kinds we know of today. I think its more likely that it was something used in everyday life back then but that we are not familiar with today
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

TheGlyphstone

Not sure why this is in Politics/Religion.

The Youtube comments full of people playing along are epic though.

Acinonyx

I love how time travel is mentioned as the "simple" explanation. Because if time travel was so rare that we're not swamped with travelers these days, I am sure what humanity would send back is an elderly lady with a cell phone who secretly builds a Verizon/Nokia factory and installs antennas so she can talk to ... nobody. And nearly 100 years later, Stephen Hawkings would still wonder whether time travel was even possible. :) :)

Oniya

What I saw:  Woman dressed in black, hiding her face with 'something' in 1928. 

My explanation:  Dressed in black could indicate a widow - in which case, the object in her hand could be a handkerchief dabbing at her eyes.  It's hard to make out lip movements on the footage (I picked a shorter clip), but I've seen older people (like when my grandparents were still alive) who would mumble to themselves, or even recite the rosary (also in keeping with 'something' in her hand.)  It's also possible that - as a random person walking past a film set - she was simply trying to avoid being caught on film, and muttering about 'those horrible Hollywood people'.

When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses before zebras.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17