private (between Soran and silverroses2009)

Started by darkvamplips, July 01, 2009, 04:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkvamplips

Rebecca's mother had just told her that she had a twin brother that died shortly after birth or so they thought. It was a punch in the stomach because she always felt that something was missing in her life and now she finally figured out what that something was. Now she was driving down the road with tears in her eyes wanting to just get away from her house right now. Little did she know when she got back someone would be waiting for her. Why did her parents have to tell her so late in life as she went through life feeling that something was missing.
He once said "If he ever hurt you I will walk again to hurt him." Well he did hurt me and where is my friend? RIP Coby you are still on mind even after 10 years.

My request thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29818

Soran

Martin was upset, seeing his daughter Rebecca in such a state after Sheila had told her about her twin brother and his death.
Rebecca had run out, crying, Sheila was crying too and it broke his heart. He held her in his arms trying to take the pain away.
The knock at the door surprised him. He knew it wouldn't be Rebecca as she had her keys.
He released Sheila and opened the door “Yes?”
The young man on the doorstep, seemed familiar, even though Martin had never seen him before.
“Dad?” the young man asked.
Martin staggered, 'it couldn't be....he died, must be a mistake' his thoughts racing, but as he looked at his son, it was so obvious, the features this young man shared with his sister.
Martin, shook his head to clear it, the young man was looking uncomfortable, even more so when Martin embraced him, the tears flowing as his emotions went into overdrive.
Gathering himself, Martin looked over his shoulder and called “Sheila, I think there's someone here who wants to meet you.”

darkvamplips

Every time something bad happened she went to a small pond down the road and no one knew about where she went. It was always quiet and there was no one around it was so peaceful. It had been a few hours later and almost dark before she decided to head back home. Though she wanted to go she drove slowly since her parents lied to her about her having a twin brother her whole life. She would never forgive them for that.
He once said "If he ever hurt you I will walk again to hurt him." Well he did hurt me and where is my friend? RIP Coby you are still on mind even after 10 years.

My request thread:

Soran

James had been so nervous about meeting these people, his biological parents and had been overwhelmed with his mom and dads emotional greeting. 'Are they my parents or just people who were responsible for my birth?' James just wasn't sure.
There had been at lot of crying, Sheila had needed a drink to calm herself enough to be coherent.
Martin just drank in his sons appearance, wondering what the boy had looked like growing into a man.
James had been the first to ask questions, why had they abandoned him, where had they been, who was Rebecca?
Martin answered "James, well we actually named you Robert, but James suits you. James, we were told you had died, they showed us your body...we.....we " Martin's voice broke, it was too much, trying to tell your son that you didn't know he was alive "We didn't know son" Martin took a breath, trying to control himself
"Rebecca, she is your twin sister....... My God, Rebecca, we just told her you were dead, how are we going to explain this to her?"
Sheila looked horrified, knowing her daughter had already taken one emotional bombshell today, could she cope with another?

darkvamplips

Rebecca was now on her way home not knowing what was in store for her when she got there. The tears continued down her cheeks as she gripped the steering wheel when she parked in the driveway of her home. Sighing she pulled the keys out of ignition and got out of her car slowly. She dreaded this moment of coming back to parents that she trusted and they kept the biggest secret from her her whole life.

My request thread:

Soran

Finally the emotions had settled quite a lot lot. Sheila's shock had transformed to joy, knowing her baby had survived and now, sought them out.
She had been overly attentive, constantly asking if he needed anything and not letting up in the questions about his life.
Martin began to smile watching his wife and son 'I have a son...this is amazing' he thought.
"Sheila?" Martin started gently, "You don't have to ask him about his entire life right now. Let James get settled and used to us. James, where are you staying?"
James looked uncomfortable "I...I'm not sure" he stammered
"We have a spare room. You can use it if you like" Martin desperately wanted his son to stay, but didn't want to push him.
"Sure...thanks, if your sure it's not a problem?" James responded
Sheila's smile grew larger, knowing she would get more time with her son "Don't be silly, we'd love to have you stay and soon, you'll get to meet Rebecca"

Just then, the door opened, Rebecca appeared, her face still showing the recent crying.
Martin looked over, a lance catching his heart as he saw the state of his daughter "Rebecca, I'm not sure how to tell you this, but...we have someone here who would like to meet you."

darkvamplips

Great that room would be right next to hers. Why would her parents do something like this. It was like a slow moving movie how she got into the house she did not remember how she even got home. The pain was fresh on her face as the words that her father said struggled to get into her brain. "W-who?" Was all she could say before stepping into the kitchen and stopping dead in her tracks seeing someone who looked just like her. All she could do was look and could not say anything then she blinked and shook her head. Again that person was standing there. This had to be a dream.

My request thread:

Soran

"Rebecca, we didn't know, we couldn't know, if only we knew this morning, before we told you..." Martin faltered, the words sounded empty and from the look on Rebecca's face, were not helping.
James stood before her, embarrassed "er I didn't mean to...."
Martin cut in "James, it's not your fault, if anyone's to blame it's me. My timing.... Rebecca, please try to understand, he showed up after you left, we just didn't...." Martin moved to hold his daughter who wanted no part of this and rushed past up to her room.
"I'm sorry James, it's a lot for her to take in" Martin sighed "Why don't you take your stuff upstairs. It's the third door on the right"
As James moved off to retrieve his bags, Martin climbed the stairs. His love for his daughter meant he had to try and explain again, knowing it could make things worse, but he had to.
He knocked on her door....

darkvamplips

There was no reason for her dad to hug her and she was gone before he could reach her. There was so many questions running through her head and she could not bare to see that person that looked so much like her. When the door was knocked on she looked up but did not want to talk to anyone then sat on her bed. "Please just leave me alone." She said at the exact time that James had walked by her door. Wrapping her arms around her legs she wanted to just be alone for now.

My request thread:

Soran

Martin sighed, there was no point in forcing Rebecca into talking right now. His hand remained on the door for a few seconds, trying to reach his daughter.
James just stood there after hearing Rebecca's voice through the door "Please just leave me alone."
Martin sighed and then gave James a encouraging smile "She just needs time"
Martin went back down stairs to rejoin his wife.
James still stood on the landing outside Rebecca's door "Sorry" he said softly and moved towards the spare room...'my room?' he thought. He didn't know. He still struggled knowing that most of his life had been a lie, or that's how he thought of it...'these people. Are they my family now? He placed his bags on the floor and lay on the bed, looking at the ceiling wondering about his sister....

darkvamplips

Hearing his voice for the first time made her stomach turn. What if something happened to him and he did end up dieing anyway. It was the first time she had heard her 'brother's' voice and it made her sick. Sighing she looked at the wall on the opposite side away from the door and sighed. Would she ever get over this? Her dad was right she needed time to let this all sink in.

My request thread:

Soran

James continued to stare at the ceiling. He felt like an intruder. He wanted so much to really get to know these people, to be able to have a family, but it was so hard.
Martin....he struggled to think of him as 'dad' had been so accommodating, accepting him from the first thirty seconds as did Sheila after she had gotten over the initial shock.
As for Rebecca, well Martin had explained what had happened. He knew how emotional he could get, maybe that was something he shared with Rebecca.
Rebecca, his sister, twin sister at that...how much did they have in common? His thoughts a jumble, unable to take it all in.
'Nice people. Hope I can be a son they want' James thought and continued looking up at the ceiling, occasionally glancing at the wall.

Martin held Sheila in a hug that helped them both.
"I don't know how to feel" Martin admitted to his wife, "Our son is alive and here, now. I'm so happy."
"Me too" Sheila replied, "What about Rebecca though? She was so upset."
"I know." a sad sigh from Martin "I don't blame her. We put her through hell this morning and now......"
"She's confused, maybe if I talk to her" Sheila moved to head upstairs
"No, don't. She's more than confused. We must have ripped her emotions in half with all we've put her through. We need to let her get used to the idea of having a brother, don't push her." Martin insisted.
"After what happened before, no wonder she torn" Sheila replied.
They sat holding each other in silence for a short while longer.

darkvamplips

It had been only 2 years since the death of her other brother and now she had a new one. What happened before was hell on earth her other brother died in her arms and there was no way of helping him. Now she needed to get out of the house. A few moments later she took her jacket and opened the door hoping her parents would not say take him with you. When she got down to the bottom of the stairs she looked into the kitchen at her parents hugging. "I need to get out of the house for a while I'll be back." It seemed like she was shaking.

My request thread:

Soran

Martin was still holding his wife, when he heard the footsteps on the stairs.
He looked around and saw Rebecca with her jacket...she was shaking.
"I need to get out of the house for a while I'll be back."
"Rebecca....don't go, we can talk about this" Martin said softly not wanting to alienate her more than he had already done....

darkvamplips

That was the thing about her dad he never let something go like this. "I need to get out." She said walking to the door and hoping they would not make her bring him. Tears streamed down her face as she headed toward the car half expecting him to come out in the door way. She hoped her parents would not tell her 'brother' why she was acting this way.

My request thread:

Soran

Rebecca was heading out towards her car...Martin jumped up and followed...
"Listen Rebecca, I understand you need time, but talk to James at least get to know him a little. He's had a tough time too" Martin knew he was pushing, but he loved his daughter and hated seeing her this way and he wanted James to feel part of the family
"Why don't you take him with you? Try to get to know him better."

Meanwhile, Sheila had called to James and he was just walking into the lounge when he heard Martin say ".........to know him better."

darkvamplips

Would her dad ever just leave her alone and let her deal with this on her own? "Dad I want to be by myself right now will you please respect that." Turning away from him she got in her car knowing that they would make him go with her even though she did not want him to.

My request thread:

Soran

"Dad I want to be by myself right now will you please respect that."
Martin, despite being solicitous of his daughters feelings didn't want her to be alone, not in that state. He moved behind her car to ensure she couldn't leave.
"Rebecca, you're not going out like that alone. Take James, talk to him, try....for me" Martin insisted

darkvamplips

She rolled her eyes not wanting to run over her dad when she backed out. "Fine I'll take him." Growling she tapped the window impatiently with all this happening she was going to start going insane. She stared out the window waiting.

My request thread:

Soran

"James, why don't you go with your sister?" Martin was hoping for the right response.

"Okay" James wasn't thrilled, he could tell Rebecca was fragile, as was he, but his dad had asked and despite all that was going on, he did want to get to know Rebecca.
He climbed in the passenger seat, looking sheepish and awkward. "Sorry about that"

darkvamplips

A small sigh escaped her lips. "That's how dad is." She did not say our dad or anything but when he got in the car she pulled away quite quickly. When she pulled away she made sure her dad was out of the way. Where was she going? She did not even know where she was going. Dad had won again it was always about what he wanted not what she wanted.

My request thread:

Soran

Martin watched as they left. He really was worried about her, he hoped she'd understand that one day. He returned to be with his wife.

James had barely got the seat belt on as Rebecca's car leapt forward. He wasn't sure what to say to her.
"Is he like that all the time?" James asked tentatively

darkvamplips

"Yeah." Was all she could say as she gripped the steering wheel and drove down the street. Why her of all people? The picture of her younger brother in mind and still so fresh.

My request thread:

Soran

James just sat for a minute as Rebecca drove, 'She's really upset and still shaking, is this all because of me?' he asked himself.
"I didn't mean for this to happen" he started awkwardly "I just found out a few days ago that my mum, well, wasn't my mum... and... well....." his voice trailed off, not sure how to continue

darkvamplips

There was nothing he could say or do to make her feel better. She did feel sorry for him for growing up with a fake family technically that's what it was. "I want to get something to eat." She said a few moments later and turned down another road heading toward the nearest restaurant.

My request thread: