News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Watched/Notified threads

Started by Haibane, July 19, 2008, 03:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haibane

I know this got discussed on here recently but I'll be damned if I can find the discussion..  ::)

I have now got a full page of watched threads, if I add more the oldest one drops off the page. I've even had to remove a few games I was reading... its becoming inconvenient. I know someone mentioned that you can set up an Elluiki list that will handle more than one page of 'set to notify' threads, can some kind soul give me the lowdown on that again, pretty please?  :-[

Jeramiahh

A couple ways around that that I know of... in your profile, under "Notifications and Email", it'll list all of your topics and forums set to notify, even if it exceeds a page, though that also means your My Topics page will drop the oldest one(s). The other option is to create your own page on the Elluiki and record all the threads there that you like, and simply check them frequently.

Back in my day, we didn't have the notification options we do now, and we went to each forum manually to see if the thread updated, and we liked it!

And we had to walk fifteen miles, through the snow, uphill both ways, just to get to a forum! You kids, these days, got it do easy...
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Haibane

I know, I know... I'm spoiled... if I annoy you just put me over your knee and smack me, it'll usually cure any waywardness. >_<

Until the next time...

I'll go make an Elluiki page then *wonders how the heck to do that*

Um, anyway, thanks!

Jeramiahh

Just give it time; this is one of the things Vek plans to work on when he can upgrade the forum, letting us keep track of as many threads as we feel like, in a nice, organized manner.

Just be glad you're not in >25 games, and wondering how you can justify cutting any of them. =P
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Haibane

Quote from: Jeramiahh on July 19, 2008, 03:41:41 AMJust be glad you're not in >25 games, and wondering how you can justify cutting any of them. =P
I am.... heading that way at a scarily rapid pace...  :o

Jeramiahh

Heh, fun, ain't it, to come online to a dozen updates, and six more by the time you finish with those? Good times, good times. =P

Haibane

Hm, to some degree, until one of your playing partners is online too and begins firing back the responses. It gets to be like a game of whack the rat, trying to end the evening with no pink thread titles showing...  ;D

Realizing I have a life too that needs attending to is bothersome though... still better go do some other things now...

Jeramiahh

>_> I'm in the middle of that, now. With two people. =P

Haibane

I think I have it worse... I'm in the UK and most of my partners are in the US, so when it's 2:00am here and I *really* need my bed, everyone else is just getting going and firing replies off... it can get a bit much some nights. I wake up some days to find PMs saying things like "Aw, you went off, we were just getting going!" and such. Meh.

Anyway, we seem to have gone off topic so unless another person has more advice to offer on the Elluiki set up I'll leave it there. Thanks for your help.

Jeramiahh

=P I'm in the same boat; I'm a late night person, so the only people I get to play with are other late-nighters, and you crazy foreigners.

Anyway, glad I could help, what little I did.

Haibane

Okay, I've found a tab marked "My Watch List" on Elluiki, but how do I add to it/create one? And is the correct tool to use to do what I want? I'd like a list that colours pink when a new post is added like in the My Topics page. Is that possible?

Caeli

Not on Elluiki, it isn't. The best you can do you Elluiki is to create a list of the roleplays you're watching/writing, and then check them often for updates.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Moondazed

I mentioned Elluiki... I love wikis :D  If you'd like I'd be happy to build a page for you and show you how to update it.  If you use IM clients feel free to IM me and we can talk about it, or we can discuss it here so everyone will see it.
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Haibane

@ Moondazed - thank you! You're awesome! No, I don't use IM, we can use PMs or do it here if that does not cause the mods/admins to think we're taking over the place.

What do you need first, a list of my watched threads?

I'd probably like to group them into single thread games and group/multithread games each with their own section. Then games I'm reading/following and finally perhaps a games in planning/other section.

Moondazed

To begin with I'll need the list of watched threads grouped in whatever way you'd like them grouped.  You can PM them to me if you like, or post them here.  It's up to you.
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Haibane

Actually... *hangs head* ...I have just discovered this. Bliss' post 3 posts down. That satisfies my requirments perfectly so there is no need to waste your valuable time on an Elluiki page for me, there is nothing else I would use it for.

So thanks, your offer was very kind *hugs*.

Jeramiahh

*points to his original reply* I... I said that! Just not in step-by-step instructions!

Haibane

Quote from: Jeramiahh on July 20, 2008, 03:32:44 PM
*points to his original reply* I... I said that! Just not in step-by-step instructions!
Ah! I'm sorry! Your post lacked the necessary clarity for this dimwit to know what you meant! *feels like a complete clot*