Game of Thrones - Sandbox/Free-form RP (Now Recruiting!)

Started by BruceTheCat, April 27, 2016, 06:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amelita

Quote from: Rel Mayer on April 28, 2016, 01:04:56 PM
Very good point. It would also be interesting to have more people dive into the Baratheon plot as well. :) Just a suggestion.

Or, if it manifests into something amazing with a huge plot, go for it!

I'm looking at that already  ;D

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Aiden

Caela, if you are from Barratheon Blood. If she has knowledge of Robert and his bastards and then of Gendry (My Oc's granddather) it would be a good way to legitimatize what he is claiming.

So if she is serving some House, he is just gonna have to go on an adventure!

Amelita

...and if she is serving Martell, the male heir would need her there to keep his father semi healthy until he's killed his sister, but the sister would benefit from not slowing down the illness so she might want to take the healer with her when she vanishes from Dorne...

Just sayin ::)

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

Caela

Quote from: Aiden on April 28, 2016, 01:32:56 PM
Caela, if you are from Barratheon Blood. If she has knowledge of Robert and his bastards and then of Gendry (My Oc's granddather) it would be a good way to legitimatize what he is claiming.

So if she is serving some House, he is just gonna have to go on an adventure!

She's definitely of Baratheon blood. Working on her write up and she refuses to be anything else lol....I can easily incorrporate an interest in family genealogy into her background so that she knows about Gendry. The real trick will be your character knowing about HER. She's been gone since she was 13 and you said he was going to have spent most of his life East so he'd have to find out he had a cousin who was a Maester and that she knew rhe family genealogy better than anyone else living....except maybe grandma Shireen of course.

Caela

Quote from: Amelita on April 28, 2016, 01:57:31 PM
...and if she is serving Martell, the male heir would need her there to keep his father semi healthy until he's killed his sister, but the sister would benefit from not slowing down the illness so she might want to take the healer with her when she vanishes from Dorne...

Just sayin ::)

Hehehe...tricksy! This would make her harder for Aidens character to find.

Amelita

Unless he is the one getting mine/ours out of Dorne.

See what I did there? ;)

Aiden

Lots of plots in motion, but yea, I think it would be fun to play out. Off course this ends when they go back to Grandma Shireen.

Caela

Quote from: Amelita on April 28, 2016, 02:03:55 PM
Unless he is the one getting mine/ours out of Dorne.

See what I did there? ;)

This is true!

Lockepick

Quote from: Rel Mayer on April 28, 2016, 11:14:30 AM
That's perfect, because my plots and character concept deal with Ava Greyjoy being the head of the house. I'd love to hear your plot idea, because I want to keep Greyjoy open for your possible plots and ideas.

This is sort of a bunch of pieces of ideas and not a full idea, but I was thinking of going a descendant of Victarion Greyjoy (Balon's younger brother, Asha's Uncle) -- who more understood/respected the the value of riches/treasure. Publicly, he'd be somebody who worked on the docks (more administration than physical labor, how 'far' up the ladder can be discussed) -- but is actually running a criminal organization in King's Landing -- sort of an urban take on the 'Iron Price'.

He pacifies those back home by feeding them information about vessels worth pirating that head towards/through the Iron Islands, or utilize the rivers that cross near the mainland, as well as some idea that he's trying to secretly 'sabotage' the Iron Throne again. Though in actuality, doing anything really serious against the Iron Throne would be hard to swallow given that he's living a rather comfortable life.

I'm just not sure what form I want the criminal organization to take. Slaves lends itself to gladiatorial matches pretty easily, and also creates a retinue of loyal thugs...
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Ryven

I...have no plot for my character yet.  I have no idea where he'd fit in right now.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: lockepick on April 28, 2016, 02:46:11 PM
This is sort of a bunch of pieces of ideas and not a full idea, but I was thinking of going a descendant of Victarion Greyjoy (Balon's younger brother, Asha's Uncle) -- who more understood/respected the the value of riches/treasure. Publicly, he'd be somebody who worked on the docks (more administration than physical labor, how 'far' up the ladder can be discussed) -- but is actually running a criminal organization in King's Landing -- sort of an urban take on the 'Iron Price'.

He pacifies those back home by feeding them information about vessels worth pirating that head towards/through the Iron Islands, or utilize the rivers that cross near the mainland, as well as some idea that he's trying to secretly 'sabotage' the Iron Throne again. Though in actuality, doing anything really serious against the Iron Throne would be hard to swallow given that he's living a rather comfortable life.

I'm just not sure what form I want the criminal organization to take. Slaves lends itself to gladiatorial matches pretty easily, and also creates a retinue of loyal thugs...

I really like the idea of a criminal organization at Pyke!

My question is, other than nobility, would he had any reason to come to King's Landing for the announcement or tournament? He could also be a decent jouster or swordsmen, and maybe doing some illegal trading at King's Landing.

Just some thoughts to help you out! How would he also feel about Ava wanting to use the possible distraction of succession and sudden hate against the throne to expand her land and take over more?

Quote from: Ryven on April 28, 2016, 03:10:13 PM
I...have no plot for my character yet.  I have no idea where he'd fit in right now.

Red and I can always help! :) Let me know what you're thinking and we can either discuss something here or in PM.

Ryven

Quote from: Rel Mayer on April 28, 2016, 03:34:44 PM
Red and I can always help! :) Let me know what you're thinking and we can either discuss something here or in PM.

I've pitched an idea to Lockepick, but I think it will hinge upon if his concept is approved.

GnothiSeauton

If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Rel Mayer

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on April 28, 2016, 03:35:56 PM
I'm definitely in.

There she is! ;) I was hoping you'd join.

Quote from: Ryven on April 28, 2016, 03:35:40 PM
I've pitched an idea to Lockepick, but I think it will hinge upon if his concept is approved.

So far it looks good to me. I'm curious about the overall goal of him. Plus it would give yet another element for Ava to deal with.

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Rel Mayer on April 28, 2016, 03:38:34 PM
There she is! ;) I was hoping you'd join.

I totally didn't see the recruitment thread until a few minutes ago.

I've got an Iron Islander Lord (not a Greyjoy, but lord of a House Volmark in the Iron Islands).  Might have a bit of history in mind that I'll work on and PM.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Caela

Annnnnnd she's sent for the tweaking/revising/approval process lol.

I love it when characters just spring, nearly fully formed, into my head. She made herself easy to write and didn't fight me on her creation. It's lovely when it happens that way.

Of course that probably means she's plotting mischief for me later!  ::)

sweets

I am working to finish my profile to send off.

Quick question I may have missed it, but what season is it in game currently? Are we looking at winter coming up or are we in the middle of Summer?

Ryven

I'll work on my character when I get a chance.  I have a lot going on in the next week or two.  I do have one question, is anyone playing the head of house Tyrell yet?  If not, I'll need to message you fine GMs to pitch the part of my idea to you that requires him/her/them.

The Dark Raven

I am working on my gal off and on around housework and all, but I am off for the next week and can banter around with it.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: sweets on April 28, 2016, 04:29:56 PM
I am working to finish my profile to send off.

Quick question I may have missed it, but what season is it in game currently? Are we looking at winter coming up or are we in the middle of Summer?

It's Summer, nearing the end.

Quote from: Ryven on April 28, 2016, 04:32:35 PM
I'll work on my character when I get a chance.  I have a lot going on in the next week or two.  I do have one question, is anyone playing the head of house Tyrell yet?  If not, I'll need to message you fine GMs to pitch the part of my idea to you that requires him/her/them.

I think Biblio mentioned Tyrell, but I'm not sure what she had planned yet! I'd ask just to make sure! You both could be sitting on a good plot.

Quote from: The Dark Raven on April 28, 2016, 04:33:19 PM
I am working on my gal off and on around housework and all, but I am off for the next week and can banter around with it.

Quote from: Caela on April 28, 2016, 04:14:39 PM
Annnnnnd she's sent for the tweaking/revising/approval process lol.

I love it when characters just spring, nearly fully formed, into my head. She made herself easy to write and didn't fight me on her creation. It's lovely when it happens that way.

Of course that probably means she's plotting mischief for me later!  ::)

One thing:

I hope you peeps don't mind if you give us a day or two to look over the sheets. That way we can approve a few all together. Also it gives time for Red Lobster and I to both look at them.

Thanks for being awesome ahead of time!

Ryven

Quote from: Rel Mayer on April 28, 2016, 04:35:52 PM
I hope you peeps don't mind if you give us a day or two to look over the sheets. That way we can approve a few all together. Also it gives time for Red Lobster and I to both look at them.

Please take your time.  I'm in no rush anyway.

Caela

Quote from: Rel Mayer on April 28, 2016, 04:35:52 PM
One thing:

Of course not! It just happens to be my day off so I had time to get it done. I never expect to hear back for a couple of days. People have actual lives after all lol.

Ryven

Quote from: Caela on April 28, 2016, 04:37:59 PM
Of course not! It just happens to be my day off so I had time to get it done. I never expect to hear back for a couple of days. People have actual lives after all lol.

What are these "lives" you speak of?

Caela

Quote from: Ryven on April 28, 2016, 04:43:32 PM
What are these "lives" you speak of?

As far as I can tell...it's the nice way of saying work.

Or in my case, work/school/being a mom lol.