Marvel Apocalypse

Started by apygoos, March 20, 2014, 06:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

Myself, MaiMizzu, and WardenIce are rebooting the Marvel Apocalypse game that Had a good run, but thanks to RL spreading the GMs thin, had an unfortunate closure. For now we are seeking to use generally the same premise.

Apocalypse has been watching and waiting for the time to strike. Recruiting and enhancing a new set of horseman ,and a planetary sized invasion force, he finally attacked. Xavier's institute and Avengers mansion were hit the hardest. In fact one of the globally broadcast thing people only really got to see before soon after falling under attack, was what appeared to be Iron Man blowing up in the sky above New York.

confirmed as dead: Scott Summers, Frank Castle, , Nick Fury, Moon Knight, Reed Richards, Charles Xavier, Vision, Groot [possibly more to come, based on interest]
believed to be dead [not confirmed(and by comic logic, prolly alive)]: Iron Man, Captain America, Susan Storm, Storm, Hank Pym.

Villain characters in the marvelverse have protagonist potential! I dont think DocOc would be caring so much about his vendetta against spidey if all this madness was happening. Obviously more extreme villains like carnage just aren't an option as a protagonist.

After the attack, Humans were farmed and collected into work camps that were established by Apocalypses forces, where the humans were systematically subjected to a serum made from Apocalypse's blood. If a humans body and DNA accepted teh serum and bonded with it, they achieved some kind of superpower. With Apocalypse being the original host, a very, very vast array of powers could have sprung forth. One person may have developed telekinesis, another could possibly be a teleporter, one could have become a brick much like Luke Cage or  Colossus. the possibilities were endless. These were going to be Apocalypses soldiers.

Apocalypse thought he had won, but his thoughts deceived him, despite being as powerful as he was. He underestimated the human will to fight, to rise against the odds. Heroes rise from the ashes of defeat, those who were thought dead, return, and a new era of mutants springs forth. A rebellion begins against the earths "new ruler". the question simply remains, who will Avenge the world, and who will stand at the side of its fearsome ruler and his four horseman? The choice is yours...

For now, this is an interest check. for now, i would like to see if people would be interested in this plot, and who people would want to play. aside from the confirmed dead, Jean Grey/Phoenix, Sentry, and Stephen Strange are off limits.

current reserves are: Captain America, Iceman, Miss/Captain Marvel, and Elektra, Dr. Doom, Nightcrawler, Blink.

OCs can be made, but you are subject to having been a part of apocalypses serum. multiple characters will be allowed, but for now, post your interest in only one canon.

The Character Sheets
Name:
Height:
Weight:
Powers:
Abilities:
Equipment:
Biography:
Face-Claim:
Image:
Notes:

here is the character sheet. If you are making a OC, your bio should be detailing your life before the invasion and you were taken, subjected to the serum. im interested to see what powers OCs will bring, hehe.

be sure to PM your sheets to myself, WardenIce, and MaiMizzu

GM UPDATE!
The following characters have been approved:
Dr. Doom
Elektra
Blink
Captain Marvel [Carol Danvers]
Iron Man
Captain America
Jason Carver [OC]
Scarlet Spider [Ben Reilly]
Streak [OC]
Titania
Nightcrawler

would all you who had submitted sheets for these respective characters, please post your sheet In this thread

the ooc is now avialable to begin plot discussion/connection making here

Loves

you know who I want  to play   8-)
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Batman4560

zenpai

I wonder if I can play a infected human. I got a James Heller like person.
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

apygoos

theyre not infected, persey, they just achieved a new power.
Quote from: Batman4560 on March 20, 2014, 07:24:44 PM
*Tagging in*
tagging in as who?

Loves

Quote from: apygoos on March 20, 2014, 07:46:37 PM
tagging in as who?

*whispers*

it says he's Batman :P

sorry, sorry..... couldn't resist!!    LOL

*giggles some more*

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Batman4560

Dark Claw...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

and Sparrow

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

But seriously I will have to think about it.

Batman4560

I am not all that well versed in Marvel characters but I would say I would like to play (Since the Cap is on reserve) is...pending.

Loves

<----------  has reserved Elektra

and also knows nothing about her :P   but I can do research and have done in picking her!  and well, yes, I am rather excited over it toooooos
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Batman4560

...0.o you pick like the sexiest characters.

Loves

sexy is fun :) 

I was gonna do the Black Cat at first, but I thought she would end up coming out as Catwoman, and that girl...she is pushy in my head so I figured, for my own sanity I had better pick again  ::)

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Batman4560

They can seem similar at times.

zenpai

if any man be worthy he shall wiled the power of thor. If I cant have thor I want one of the people that has picked up  Mjǫlnir. That mean hulk or Bata Ray bill
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Batman4560

Dude you have got to play Beta Ray Bill.

Diesel Heart

I'm playing Iceman here.

Juggtacular

Sweet the Hammer Bros.

I call dibs on Blue Marvel.

apygoos

Thor, Beta, and Blue marvel...while i wont necessarily object to these claims, we also already have Miss Marvel. ITs starting to feel like a lot of the same character type floating around which might potentially become unfun.
Just something to keep in consideration. Thor will not have ability to go godmode in this game. so it is known. if you maintain those as your choices, the Hammer Brothers will likely not be kept together, and wont join up for a while, most likely. Based on interest, it is a possibility to be split in three to 4 "zones"
Thor will likely have been in Asgard when all this fighting broke out. As for Blue Marvel if he was on earth he will likely have been one that Apocalypse himself paid a visit. still a bit to sort out, but still alot to think on.

Neysha

Groot being dead sounds incredibly random. :p
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

apygoos

Quote from: Neysha on March 20, 2014, 10:20:25 PM
Groot being dead sounds incredibly random. :p
random? or implies the Guardians of the Galaxy are around ;) I had a few fights playing out in my head, heh.

Neysha

Dun Dun DUNNNNNNN....!

I'll join up as well, soon as I think of a cool chick I can join as. Someone out of left field like last time. ;)
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Juggtacular

There's a few.

Gamora
Spider-Woman
White Tiger
Tigra
Quake
Constrictor
Surge
Shark Girl
Namora/Namorita

The list goes on, lol.

apygoos

marrow is avialable, WardenIce has changed his choice to his namesake, Iceman.

Diesel Heart

You can blame Apy for the change. I have broken my Ice power celibacy!!

zergmuncher

I'd like to tag in with an original character idea.

Here's the sitrep: His powers are to be able to use equivalent exchange through deconstructing and reconstructing matter. But it has a Midas trigger, meaning that it's only on things he can touch with his skin. He wouldn't be able to change his own body because that would go horrifically wrong, and he'd be limited because it's equivalent exchange.

Yes? No? I really want to play this character, especially in the Marvel universe.

Batman4560

So is Doctor Doom available?