News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Exalted: Kawaii edition.

Started by Ajoxer, May 02, 2008, 11:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CirclMastr

Quote from: Josh the Aspie on May 05, 2008, 03:18:17 AM
I just had a thought for our friend who wants to play a male, and our DM. In some shows guys have turned into magical girls. Would that be a possibility you would both feel comfortable with? Someone born as a guy who acts like one, but then when doing their transformation turns into a girl?

Yeah, I'm gonna pass on that.  I've tried something Ranma-like before (as MadPanda can attest to) and wasn't really comfortable with it.
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

MadPanda

This is true.  He was a real good sport about it, too...but it just isn't his thing.  (shrug)  So...no Sailor Starlight stuff for Circ.
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

I've been reading through Oadenol's Codex, and it looks like Circl can cast Terrestrial Sorcery if he shells out for the Essence 3. That might help him to stay effective in combat, though his Essence is still gonna leave him pretty easily used up.
Ahem. Yes.

But Thaumaturgy ought to give him something of an edge. We'll see how he feels about it.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

AstraKiseki

How are we handling Crafts?  (Please, for the love of god, don't make it separate...)

GrinningHound

Well, I read throught some of the core book last night, and the Dragon Blooded book.

I still don't know a lot, this system is very complex.

Are there spells that can summon things?  Not Thaumaturgy, but actual sorcery spells?

I still want my character to be a big time sorceror.  Besides, if I have lots of Essence, I can use my spells to actually buff Circl and the others.  (That's what Dragon Blooded do.)

I plan on her having one wicked Elemental Blast.

What ARE resource points?  What do they do?  I'm looking at the Artifact background....

MadPanda

Resources is money, land, what have you...mundane stuff.  Basically, if it has a cost lower than your Resources, you can afford it without a problem.  This is abstract and occasionally silly, but it beats trying to count drachmas every time your character wants to grab a quick meal somewhere.  :)

If you want a normal sword, it costs Resources.  If you want a daiklaive, now, that's an Artifact.  :)

In Memory of Bishrook

AstraKiseki

My Wedding Warrior is named Thousand Cranes Bride.  She is only Moe 2, but most people figure that her Moe 3 fetish will be all of the fucking paper cranes she makes.  She is pretty... strange...  But when you have a girl very, very focused on Truth and Love who can charm the skirts off the Empress, you really don't think about that...

GrinningHound

Hmm....

I really want to be fire based.  I like the wedding warrior attributes and all, save the actual 'wedding' part, not to mention that Astra already is one.

If I pick Wise Witch, can I still be fire based?

Ajoxer

Hmmm. Well, the elements are tied to the characters. I would prefer for this game, to use things in a less complicated way, which means the various Magical Girls won't have quite the same abilities and anima powers, but we'll refer to each of them as the matching element of Magical Girl.

Also, just to let you know, Grinning Hound, it looks like we already have the mortal interested in Sorcery, and Josh might go for it as well- It looks like we might use something besides another sorceror, heh. >_>

Edit: Also, for the Elemental stuff... Well, the abilities of the Dragon-Blooded are pretty focused on their elements. You're free to take charms from any aspect you want, and obviously, you can play any caste however you want. Do you want the abilities of the Wedding Warriors and the personality of the Wise Witch, or...?
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

GrinningHound

Well, Astra's playing the wedding warrior, and from her description, it looks like she's got a lot of socializing power and charm.

I was thinking of a bouncy, bubbly socialite, kind of ditzy (meaning unobservant, not dumb), who uses enslaved demons to take care of her problems for her.

Beyond that, I'd like to play the smart, eccentric type, who's into wierd things (meaning Sorcery...).  Not too socially gifted, with a bit of a lower appearance.  (She's attractive, but mousey and bookish, not everyone's type.)

I guess Sorcery is out of the question, though...

What about a zany little firebrand?  She's rash and would rather destroy her problems than deal with it slowly and carefully (yaaaawn!).  I have a really cool idea of a witch looking girl riding around on a flying firewand (shotgun) instead of a broom, shouting curses and blowing things up. ;D

She would have a gun fetish, maybe a fire fetish...

Or, if Josh will have destruction covered with his sorcery, I suppose I could do a tank.  (But I ALWAYS play tanks...)

Ajoxer

In FACT, I think there's a couple of things that would play perfectly into what you want there.

Ajoxer

Well, for clarification, ideas I've heard so far

Circl: Sorceror with plenty of Thaumaturgy mixed in.

MadPanda: Thievin' type. Lotsa stealth and larceny, I imagine.

Astra: Charming Socialite.

Muse: Unsure yet.

Grinning Hound: Either Flying Firewand Firebrand or Sorceror socialite.

Josh: Either medicine Or rather, preferably not Medicine, sorry there Jessie, focused martial artist, or thaumaturgical sorceror.

I am confident in my ability to make any of these work.

Because hey, pride never goeth before a fall... Right?

GrinningHound

I plan on having a ridiculous essence score, so I am willing to get some sort of healing as long as I don't have to burn everything to get there....

I don't know how high my medicine will be.  I don't really know all the charms and stuff yet, I've been looking through them but it's hard to memorize them, having never played.

Do I need Thaumaturgy for Sorcery?  As far as I can tell, I can just get Spells to cover anything Thaumaturgy does.

I really only want sorcery for powerful spells.  If you can do better with it, then you should do it.

CirclMastr

It seems like everyone wants to do sorcery, heh.  Maybe I should do something else.
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Ajoxer

I am even now attempting to get Circl to play a detective.

If LUELinks means nothing to you, then neither will most of the references that will come up.

Ajoxer

Alternatively... He could use some Thaumaturgical stuff to work as a doctor, providing doping, healing, various things. And behave like Doctor House.

MadPanda

(laughs uproariously)

Does he know the proper fingering for the keyboard part of The Who's Eminence Front, too?

In Memory of Bishrook

GrinningHound

Well, I'm going with a martial arts style that uses Firewands.  It's totally awesome, and I won't be using Sorcery or Thaumaturgy at all.

So, Josh, go for the Sorcery. ;D

Ajoxer

Does anyone have any particular objections to Craft being a single skill, with the different 'sects' being specialties?

I'm trusting you guys not to abuse this, or if you do, explain it as being a part of general Exalted Awesomeness.

Ajoxer

Also, just a note, I have just finished the last day of classes. I have three finals awaiting me over the next three days, and I'll be trying to study for most of them, so my brain may not accept much Exalted information in this time.

AstraKiseki

Just as a note, Wedding Warriors are Fire Aspects.  Thousand Cranes doesn't have the charms, but she DOES have high medicine.

Also, good luck with your finals!

MadPanda

Yes indeed!  Break, as they say, the legs, oui?   ;D ;D ;D

In Memory of Bishrook

GrinningHound

Good luck Ajoxer.  I'm really eager to start, so do well and then come at us with all you got. ;D

I hope you're joking Josh, otherwise that is pretty insulting.

Besides, Tech?  Who's doing tech?  Why do we need to craft food?  What are YOU talking about? ???

My character will not be a very efficient healer, so someone should pick up a couple charms.  Muse, what's your character idea?  Do you have a problem with a support role?

Mine is probably the most combat oriented of us, so far.  I'll be putting a lot into kicking ass with shotguns, Dodge charms, some maneuverability, maybe a spatter of Presence.  A couple Ox Body charms and physical stats good enough to wear some nice armor should keep me up and pumping off rounds.

So, we've got pure offense covered. ;D

Since we're all Dragon Blooded, we should think of what teamwork charms each of us should get so we can cover all the bases.  I'll probably get a charm to grant you guys a Dodge bonus, or something like that.  There's an archery charm that will let me shoot arrows out of the air, so I could protect you guys from range, too.

Besides healing, maybe someone should get a charm that can help us defend against crippling attacks, poison, compulsion, stuff like that?

Muse

I'm sorry I'm goign so slow, I really wish I had more of an idea of what we'd be up too in this campaing.  It would give me some ground work aroudn which to build a charecter. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

MadPanda

Ahhh, you think so?  She probably just channels Belldandy and gets the house and dojo to repair themselves.  It is merely that the presence of everyone's favorite aquatransgendered martial artist and his assorted complications brings the shrapnel faster than she can discreetely repair the place...

;D ;D ;D

In Memory of Bishrook