A short rant on Damien Wayne

Started by Callie Del Noire, March 13, 2013, 10:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Okay.. right off .. I'll be honest.

I HATE Damien Wayne. Period. End of statement. With a red hot fury that scares me. I hated him from the first time I read him when Batman was 'dead' and Dick Grayson took the mask up. I hated him in the 'New 52'. To the point that 'Batman and Robin was the only batman comic, aside from Batman Inc, I didn't read.

That being said, last week they killed him.

Damien.. I could careless. That being said I've looked over the 'Requim' titles that have come out since. I like that a character death has impact. You can see it in all the titles, particularly Batman himself. He's.. raging. You see it. I won't go into specifics or who knocks him for a loop to break his fury.. but it's (to me) pretty good writing.

I can't wrap my head around the DW Robin.. he's, to me, totally unlikeable in any capacity. I hope though that you see the scars and reqrets of his death for a while though. I don't like that you had a Robin literally get forgotten by the writers a few months after she was killed in a particularly brutal manner.

Cold Heritage

I love the little guy. Almost enough to actually pick up a Bat-book. But I knew the out of context images I saw on an imageboard would always be better than the actual Bat-books.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Chris Brady

I don't mind when they kill a character, as long as they make it permanent, and make it have an IMPACT.  And it sounds like they're doing it right.  I need more money if I'm too keep up my comic habits. :P
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming