Re-entry [Survival Scifi] [NC] [Still accepting characters]

Started by GloomCookie, October 01, 2011, 10:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloomCookie

Latooni, I have no problem with anime characters as long as they are cute.  Therefor, you are limited to cute anime characters that I want to grab and cuddle.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Latooni Subota

Does Soma Peries with adorably flushed cheeks, in her spiffy bodysuit, count? :3

EDIT: Also, Miyoko won't have TOO much to do with keeping Sarah going. Unless we're constantly running from mutants and space pirates. Then she'll need someone to carry her when she inevitably has issues. XD

ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

GloomCookie

Cuuuuuute

Also, for everyone who wants to know, here is the big big picture with every uniform you are likely to see aboard the Winter Dawn.  I went ahead and kept it full size so you can spot details.

And some Marine armor ^^

My DeviantArt

Latooni Subota

Glad you like her :O

I assume Sarah uses civilian-brand softsuits/clothing, with a patch for "This person is a member of blahblah and has clearance for blah" stuff?

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

GloomCookie

Just a standard crew jumpsuit without rank patches.

Now, for those of you eager to play...

CHAPTER I IS UP!
My DeviantArt

MissFire

What's the difference between a restricted line officer and a non-restricted line officer?
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

GloomCookie

Restricted line officers must have permission or it must be an emergency in order to enter sensitive areas, such as the bridge, CIC, briefing rooms, etc.
My DeviantArt

Caela

Still looking for players? Am thinking a civilian doctor working on the ship, under the ships chief medic, as a short term contractor, as a means of paying for transport to New Sydney where a nice cushy job is waiting for in one of the tourist cities.

MissFire

How many medical personnel does the ship have? What would my character's proper rank as a medic be? Would she be a Medical Officer? If she was working the late shift (or more in line with her character, just working late) would she have other medical personnel there with her or would she be the only one on duty? I know I ask a lot of questions but space navy rankings aren't my forte. :P
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Kakashiee

Well a Lieutenant in the Navy isn't like a Lieutenant in the Army of the Marines. I believe a 2nd LT would be equivalent to an O-3 which is a Captain in other branches. As a physician you would have to have college education so you'd most likely be commissioned as an officer.

GloomCookie

*spanks MissFire* And I told you about just becoming officers!

Anyway, as a Lieutenant you'd be a medical doctor, on rotation as the night shift doctor.

Quote from: Caela on October 02, 2011, 08:00:10 PM
Still looking for players? Am thinking a civilian doctor working on the ship, under the ships chief medic, as a short term contractor, as a means of paying for transport to New Sydney where a nice cushy job is waiting for in one of the tourist cities.

We already have one civilian contractor so I'd hesitate to include another right off the bat.  Rather, I'd put you on one of the engineering teams working on one of the notes, probably a faulty relay somewhere.

Also, incase anyone wants to try and ride out the destruction, the blue corona around the ship as she blows is Cerenkov radiation, which is very, very, very lethal.  So... you won't survive on the Winter Dawn.
My DeviantArt

Cold Heritage

Purely as a player, I would enjoy having multiple medical personnel in game. ;-;
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Caela

Quote from: Linna on October 02, 2011, 08:47:05 PM

Anyway, as a Lieutenant you'd be a medical doctor, on rotation as the night shift doctor.

We already have one civilian contractor so I'd hesitate to include another right off the bat.  Rather, I'd put you on one of the engineering teams working on one of the notes, probably a faulty relay somewhere.

Also, incase anyone wants to try and ride out the destruction, the blue corona around the ship as she blows is Cerenkov radiation, which is very, very, very lethal.  So... you won't survive on the Winter Dawn.

Yeah, I don't do engineering characters well. Thanks for the consideration anyway! Have fun everyone! :D

GloomCookie

Oops!  Got you mixed up.  You can be a medic hun ^^ Sorry, didn't mean to imply you HAD to become engineering.
My DeviantArt

Caela

Quote from: Linna on October 02, 2011, 09:07:53 PM
Oops!  Got you mixed up.  You can be a medic hun ^^ Sorry, didn't mean to imply you HAD to become engineering.

~bounces happily~ Ooooooo, yay! Those are the kinds of mix-ups I like!!! lol I'll work up a character sheet and see what you think. :D

GloomCookie

I posted a handy map of the island, including points of interest that we haven't gotten to yet.  As we explore areas, I'll add minor places as well, but this will serve us for the time being.
My DeviantArt

Kakashiee

Caela

Physical Description
Name: Dr. Illyana Matthews
Height: 5'6
Hair: Blonde, long waves to the middle of her back, often braided for work
Eyes: Blue
Body Type: Slim and athletic. Her preferred methods of exercise are are running, swimming, and ballet
Distinguishing Characteristics: A chain of day lilies tattooed around her left ankle with the date of her mother's death at the front. The same date tattooed on her left wrist with a chain of rowan leaves to symbolize her father. 
Chronic/Long Term Diseases: Allergic to shellfish.

Service Record: NA

Psychological Record
Strengths: Mentally stable, kind, generous, seeks to help others, quick to learn new skills

Weaknesses: Pride, doesn't always ask for help, can become competitive if she feels she's being judged

Pet Peeves: Tardiness, liars, bullies

Tendencies: Very easygoing most of the time. Excellent bedside manner with patients, less so with staff though, not outright mean but fairly terse to the point of sometimes being rude without meaning too. She has a temper but she keeps it well under control most of the time. If she looses it though, step out of the way.

Outlook on Life: Mostly positive though she does have moments of apathy.

Religion: No organized religion but a deep seated belief in a Higher Power of some sort.

Family Status: Single child of parents who died in a crash three days after her 18th birthday. No living relatives that she's aware of.

Civilian Information (For civilian characters only)
As a civilian aboard a warship, your presence is at the discretion of the Captain.  While the Winter Dawn does carry a team of civilian officials, they are subject to the rules and regulations of the Coalition.

Reason for being on the Winter Dawn: After her parents deaths, Illyana through herself into school, becoming hyper-focused and graduating at the top of her medical class, only missing out on being their valedictorian by a tenth of a point. She served her residency in Emergency and Trauma surgery at one of the foremost hospitals in North America and when she finished she didn't have to go looking for a job, she had offers from some of the most prestigious hospitals on Earth...and a few other planets besides.

She did go looking though. Applying to the largest hospital on New Sydney and being offered a position in their Emergency and Trauma center, contingent on her being able to get there. It would have a substantial salary and sign-on bonus but didn't include the cost of actually getting her from Earth to New Sydney. The insurance money from her parents deaths had long ago gone to ensure that she finished her schooling free of debt and so she signed a contract with the Government to serve on a military vessel heading New Sydney. She figured the experience working with military personnel would be a good one and eagerly boarded the CSW Winters Dawn, anticipating nothing more than a smooth trip and, probably, getting stuck on a lot of night shifts since she was a civilian doctor on a military ship and fully expected them to take the better shifts themselves.

Latooni Subota

I guess I should've asked if you'd prefer we all land the pods in a specific area. I'm assuming we'll all be scattered near the forests and beach next to the Winter Dawn Crash Site marker?

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Physical Description
Name: Dr. Lorana Pierce
Height: 5'7"
Hair: Dark brown hair. Shoulder length and wavey.
Eyes: Blue
Body Type: Formerly Athletic, Has grown incredibly thin due to a medical condition
Distinguishable Characteristics: None

Chronic / Long Term Illnesses
- Alcoholism
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Hyperthyroidism (Dr. Pierce has recently been diagnosed with mild hyperthyroidism, a swelling of the thyroid gland that can easily be treated with medication. However with the medicine lost in the crash she has been suffering from a number of symptoms including fatigue, difficulty concentrating, weight loss and most concerningly a massive increase in her appetite which requires her to eat a lot more than most people)

Psychological Record
Strengths
- Medicine
- Coping with high stress situations
- Thinking on her feet
- Above average shot with a pistol
- Good social skills

Weaknesses
- Alcohol
- Hunger
- Staying Focused
- Fatigue
- Handling large weaponry

Pet Peeves
- Military bans on drinking
- Rationing of food (Only because of her condition)
- Lovey dovey couples
- Medical staff who don't follow orders

Tendencies
- Still wears an engagement ring.
- Constantly wears a small pendant of a caduceus. Constantly keeps her eyes on it if she's forced to remove it.
- Loses interest in things and people very quickly.
- Typically tends to turn nearby objects into hidden flasks of alcohol.

Outlook on Life
A severely depressed alcoholic, Dr. Lorana Pierce doesn't see life in terms of whether the glass is half empty or half full but rather what kind of liquor it's filled with (although her cunning has somehow seen her avoid discovery by command staff). Formerly born on one of the Independent Systems outside the protection of the Confederacy, Lorana was offworld when the Alliance slaughtered the entire population for "harbouring enemies of state". Ever since, Dr. Pierce has been incredibly pessimistic and bitter, usually characterised by apathy and disinterest although she is known for occassional bursts of passion and energy.

Religion
Although publicly declaring herself an atheist, Dr. Pierce has something of an agnostic streak. After the death of her family she started attending various different churches, never frequently, seeking some kind of answer or comfort although she never found it.

Family Status
- Alfred Pierce, Father, Deceased
- Samantha Pierce, Mother, Deceased
- Vanessa Pierce, Older Sister, Deceased
- James Pierce, Younger Brother, Deceased
- Captain Jason Ward, Fiancee, Deceased
- All other known relatives deceased

Service Record
Years of Service: 3 and a half years
Current Rank: Lieutenant (I don't know much about ranks so if this is too high feel free to demote me)
Ship Division: Medical

Ship Postings
- 1 year of service aboard Confederate Medical Frigate Hand of Fatima
- 1 year of service aboard CWS Jacob's Revenge
- 1 year of service aboard CWS Citadel finishing off her medical degree
- 6 months of Service about CWS Winter Dawn
"She is all the great heroines of the world in one. She is more than an individual. I love her, and I must make her love me. I want to make Romeo jealous. I want the dead lovers of the world to hear our laughter, and grow sad. I want a breath of our passion to stir dust into consciousness, to wake their ashes in pain."

Can You Cast Me Far From Grace? ~ Ons and Offs (WIP)

Sic Transit Seraphim ~ Apologies, Absences and Admiral Ackbar

Cold Heritage

Edit (Aw yeah it goes on top because this is the most important thing I have to say): Sarah Laplace is too cute! @_@ Game's getting too full on cuteness! Ilyana and Lorana looking good too.

I have questions too! *jumps up and down*

Could I use http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/8281/halocharacterspartanren.jpg for my character's armour? I just think it looks cool. Just aesthetics, not looking for any advantage over other players (well, maybe the ones who don't have armour).

Also, if I make up names for my character's guns and broad things about the way they perform in their given, is that okay? Like, if I had my character's sidearm be the S-1 Teuton, a heavy pistol that saw only limited service, which has mostly been phased out in favour of the S-4 Hoplite (a less powerful but easier to shoot weapon), and regarded as a dead end because its exceptionally high recoil and over-penetration were not sufficiently (to the minds of review boards) overshadowed by the weapon's extreme stopping power, would that be kosher? It's just something to give flavour, not that I would expect to like, have my character's weapons perform any differently than other players' weapons.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

MissFire

Quote from: Linna on October 02, 2011, 08:47:05 PM

Ow! @.@

Hey, I told you it wasn't my forte. Plus, you NEED a doctor. Hopefully I don't miss out on too much, I can't post until later tonight!
    - Sima Yi

GloomCookie

Hahaha I'm swamped with questions!  Ok here goes.

@Latooni: No, you will be landing near the Main Encampment marker.  The crash site is on the other side of the island.

@Cold Heritage: I posted a picture of marine armor so you'd be using that.  For side arm names, I haven't really posted names so I guess you could.

@MissFire: *spanks again* Well hurry up!

Also, loving all the character sheets so far!

Also Also I posted a Codex entry on the lifeboats for everyone.  I likes them.  They're under the Ships category.
My DeviantArt

Kakashiee

So essentially with the lifeboats we can pretty much start our own small camp? Awesome and here I was thinking that we we're going to do some Lord of the Flies shit >__>

GloomCookie

Only you Kakashiee, only you.  Here's a conch shell if you want it.
My DeviantArt