X-Men: American Civil War [CLOSED]

Started by Totoro, January 15, 2017, 05:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Juggtacular

Ace Flyer

I think most of the OOC chatter moved to the OOC thread ^^;

Though! Can anyone give me face claim suggestions for Rogue :( That aren't Anna Paquin?

Totoro

Quote from: Juggtacular on January 19, 2017, 01:52:12 PM
I is working on some profiles.

Looking forward to them!

Quote from: Ace Flyer on January 19, 2017, 01:52:44 PM
I think most of the OOC chatter moved to the OOC thread ^^;

Though! Can anyone give me face claim suggestions for Rogue :( That aren't Anna Paquin?

And yeah I'd like to keep OOC random chats to the OOC thread, and have this for new character/player related stuff. Not that it matters too much.

And I suck at faceclaims so I'm not likely to be much use there.

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Juggtacular

Ace Flyer

Quote from: Juggtacular on January 19, 2017, 02:01:35 PM
Maybe Gal Gadot, Ace?

Gal is goegeous, but, I think she's older than I'm aiming for Rogue. She's recommend as a student, so, I was thinking...24, 25 at the oldest, maybe as low as 20.

Totoro

Rogue could be older and a teacher if you'd like. They're only really guidelines. But do what you like on the faceclaim and age.

And yes, there is an OOC. I didn't try to hide it!

Juggtacular

Sun, since Gabriel's entire history before being found on Earth is out in space with the Shi'ar, is that okay? Or do I need to edit it so he stayed on Earth?

Totoro

Quote from: Juggtacular on January 19, 2017, 02:18:04 PM
Sun, since Gabriel's entire history before being found on Earth is out in space with the Shi'ar, is that okay? Or do I need to edit it so he stayed on Earth?

That's fine. Since they don't need to be explained, dealt with or interacted with. They're not going to end up as a potential plot point, and they're an X-Men thing right? Even if not it's no issue, can't see it causing any problems.

Juggtacular

Quote from: Sun Wukong on January 19, 2017, 02:21:31 PM
That's fine. Since they don't need to be explained, dealt with or interacted with. They're not going to end up as a potential plot point, and they're an X-Men thing right? Even if not it's no issue, can't see it causing any problems.

Alright cool. And yeah, Shi'ar are basically 80% X-Men, and the other 20% is dealing with other alien races.

But for example, the X-Men hard light technology is based off Shi'ar tech they got from Lilandra(Xavier's space gf who was at one point Empress)

Ace Flyer

Quote from: Sun Wukong on January 19, 2017, 02:17:20 PM
Rogue could be older and a teacher if you'd like. They're only really guidelines. But do what you like on the faceclaim and age.

And yes, there is an OOC. I didn't try to hide it!

Hmmmm...I'll wait and see how Gambit's player wants to do things then, if she wants to do things. So I'll focus on making Rahne's CS all pretty while awaiting approval.

Totoro

Quote from: Juggtacular on January 19, 2017, 02:23:36 PM
Alright cool. And yeah, Shi'ar are basically 80% X-Men, and the other 20% is dealing with other alien races.

But for example, the X-Men hard light technology is based off Shi'ar tech they got from Lilandra(Xavier's space gf who was at one point Empress)

Thought it was something like that. Marvel universe is so huge it's a real pain to cut it out, hence trying to just go for 'Mutants only'. Which gets some complications but less than the 100000 heroes that are MIA if they do exist. I think this way is the easier of the choices. I don't really feel like playing out Professor X and his alien Empress. Somehow it feels too absurd.

Quote from: Ace Flyer on January 19, 2017, 02:24:20 PM
Hmmmm...I'll wait and see how Gambit's player wants to do things then, if she wants to do things. So I'll focus on making Rahne's CS all pretty while awaiting approval.

Probably best, no idea what they think. I'm sure you'll get it worked out. And Rahne's already is pretty. I don't think I had many issues with it. But take your time, no hurry.

Juggtacular

Mmmmhm. ANd his backstory is basically all his space adventures, and then he escapes and comes to Earth and no more is heard from the Shi'ar. Easy peasy.

Ace Flyer

Quote from: Sun Wukong on January 19, 2017, 02:42:06 PM
And Rahne's already is pretty. I don't think I had many issues with it. But take your time, no hurry.

Hmm, if you think so, I think she's good to try and get approved then? I can also do minor touch-up and formatting work as the game goes on and she gets more connections then.

Totoro

Quote from: Juggtacular on January 19, 2017, 02:46:33 PM
Mmmmhm. ANd his backstory is basically all his space adventures, and then he escapes and comes to Earth and no more is heard from the Shi'ar. Easy peasy.

Sounds good, that all works for me.

Quote from: Ace Flyer on January 19, 2017, 02:47:52 PM
Hmm, if you think so, I think she's good to try and get approved then? I can also do minor touch-up and formatting work as the game goes on and she gets more connections then.

Sounds good. I doubt I'll have issues. Touch ups/formatting and all that are fine. The only post approval edits I'd ever complain about are changes to powers or huge world view changes without asking me.

Ace Flyer

Quote from: Sun Wukong on January 19, 2017, 02:49:57 PM
Sounds good. I doubt I'll have issues. Touch ups/formatting and all that are fine. The only post approval edits I'd ever complain about are changes to powers or huge world view changes without asking me.

Which is fair! I don't see much changing for Rahne...The most would be tweaking her personality, as RP gets her to accept who and what she is, and maybe get her out of the closet.

But I don't see her views on the Govt. and Brotherhood changing much at all, baring...I dunno, mind control :P

Is she good for me to post in the Character Thread then?

Totoro

Yeah she's all good, get her up and see what connections can be made.

I think most peoples views on both the Govt. and Brotherhood will be going downhill if anything.

I mean it is in the title, we're on the edge of a war. How well you guys do at holding it back might delay it or make it a little less bloody. But one way or another a war is happening between the Brotherhood and the government with the X-Men just trying to stop both sides.

Juggtacular

Vulcan

The Basics
Full Name: Gabriel Scott Summers
Nationality: Shi'ar/ Nationalized American

Physical Description
Hair Colour: Brownish-Black
Eye Colour: Blue
Height: 6'3
Weight: 220lbs
Face Claim: Taron Egerton
Physical Features: Gabriel has a thin, vertical scar over his left eye from a training session. His training master was in a bad mood and took it out on him, striking Gabriel with a move he hadn't taught him how to defend against yet.

General Appearance: Because of his upbringing in Shi'ar space, Gabriel has a rather bizarre sense of style. Basically all of his clothes look like they're on the cutting edge of fashion, yet at the same time manage to appear strange and unique. That type of style where people swear they've seen your outfit before, but they just want to look cool. That's what happens when you're raised by bird people in space.

Due to genetic enhancements when he was still in the artificial womb used to replace his mother, Gabriel has been altered to be a nearly perfect physical specimen. The reason being as one of Emperor D'ken's personal slaves, he needed to be visually pleasing, as well as capable of fiercely protecting his master. As a result, in his adulthood, he stands at 6'3, and is 220lbs of nearly solid muscle. He has thick, short, dark hair. His eyes are a sharp, piercing blue. And he has well-chiseled features, such as strong cheek bones and a prominent chin. Even his scar has been modified to look aesthetically pleasing, like it was designed to fit his face.

Who they are

Personality: Gabriel was raised as a slave, but he was technically bodyguard of the Emperor. This means that his lowly status as a slave outranked most other positions in the royal court. Gabriel knows about being put in his place, about punishment, about harsh treatment. He knows how to make himself small to escape attention. However, the exact inverse is also true. As D'ken's second, and a highly accomplished warrior, he has a naturally commanding presence.

He knows how to talk to people, how to gauge their reactions to him and his surroundings. Beyond business, he is surprisingly...a somewhat normal eighteen year old boy. His hormones are still raging, he has pent up emotions running wild, and he has boundless energy. He's even got a somewhat dark, and sarcastic sense of humor to help him deal with the emotional rollercoaster that has been his life. There are also moments where he seems a bit...unhinged. This is due to a literal lifetime of abuse mixed with placation and shiny things to distract him. Xavier is working with him to get him to a better mental place.

Gabriel understands and respects Charles' pacifist approach to the Brotherhood and the government at large. He understands that fighting them with full force can cause many more problems. He's seen it first hand in D'ken's empire. The Emperor was a cruel man and ruled as such, so Gabriel saw plenty of rebellions get crushed in his nearly eighteen years in the Shi'ar empire. But he also understands that not fighting back often means the other side of the line just have an easier time.

He completely disagrees with the government treating mutants like, well like slaves. He's lived that life, and he didn't escape a gilded cage just to get stuck in a tin one. At least with D'ken he had power and essentially anything his heart desired. Here it's just mistrust and unfair treatment without even any placation to make you think your situation is better than it is.

Gabriel also disagrees with Magneto. The Shi'ar incorporated many races into it's empire, and unless you were for example specifically slave race, racial equality was prevalent. An extra chromosome doesn't make mutants better than humans. Just naturally more powerful. Mutants shouldn't be over humans, nor humans over mutants. Equality equals power.

Biography: Before Gabriel Summers, there was Salem and Alex. The oldest(and only) Summers girl, and her younger brother Alex. Ask either one of them and they'd have no memory of their parents. And of course they'd have no memory of little Gabriel. Salem and Alex got separated from their parents when Christorpher's plane was attacked by a scout ship of the Shi'ar empire. There was only a single parachute, so Chris and Karen strapped their kids in and threw them from the plane to save their lives. The plane was shot down, and when authorities searched the wreckage, they didn't find any bodies. It turns out, the Shi'ar attacked the ship to acquire human slaves.

A novelty to most Shi'ar. Christopher woke up in shackles, and was told his lovely wife Katherine was now one of D'ken's concubines. While Christopher himself was sentenced to work in the mines until he died. He escaped his chains and searched the ship. He found his wife being raped by D'ken. Before he could do anything, security caught him and forced him to watch the Emperor have his way with his wife. Once he was finished, he killed her and surprised Christopher by ripping an infant from her corpse. She'd been pregnant, and now she was dead. After watching the man break in front of him, D'ken had Christopher taken away. And in secret, he incubated baby Gabriel. The mutant gene was discovered in him while he was in gene-utero, and D'ken decided to make him his personal bodyguard and slave.

His age was accelerated so he could be of use sooner, and from the moment he stepped out of the tube, his life of slavery began. He had information dumped directly into his brain to make him an effective slave. Languages for diplomacy. Math, science, etc... Multiple ways to hurt, maim, and kill. He was a warrior before he was eight, and had done horrible things before he was twelve. All in the name of Emperor D'ken. He was unflinchingly loyal, took the Emperor's ire with silent determination, and tried to enjoy the gifts he was given. And when he turned thirteen, his powers manifested. His training was intensified to teach him to control his powerful new abilities.

In just a year, he'd become very profficient with them. A thirteen year old wielded more power than most individuals in the Shi'ar empire. This made him dangerous, so D'ken fashioned a collar that would keep him in check. For the next four years, Vulcan rarely left D'ken's side. It was half prudence, and half paranoia. No one unwanted could get close to or harm D'ken while Vulcan was around. And as long as Vulcan was around, D'ken could keep a close eye on him. This was a sound strategy that worked for four years, and saw over two dozen beings killed or injured trying to assassinate the Emperor. It was decidedly more than that when you added in the rebel and militia attacks, etc...

Vulcan himself had so much blood on his hands. But as always, he was loyal to his Emperor; he was...no more than a dog with super powers. Until one day it seemed fate and destiny aligned to offer him freedom. In one of his drug induced fits, D'ken ordered Vulcan from his side in the wing for his harem, to his personal quarters to fetch him a particular robe. Also because of the several day long orgy/feast D'ken had been having, he'd forgotten to lock his personal computer. A computer which held files he'd often tempted Gabriel with about his life. He couldn't help himself, and he searched his name. He found the files, files which after reading he realized D'ken never would have willingly shown him. Like a typical megalomaniac, he'd detailed everything. His parents, the rape and murder of his mother, the imprisonment(and escape) of his father.

Everything. Gabriel wanted to murder him. Right then and there it'd be so easy to turn him to ashes. But he was a Summers; he was better than that. Or at least, he knew better than that. To kill the Emperor in his palace on the Shi'ar homeworld was suicide. He could escape though. D'ken liked to talk to Gabriel, because for the most part Gabriel kept his mouth closed and let the man speak just to hear his own voice. And through that he learned that the Shi'ar had agents on Earth. And he suggested that maybe he be sent there to help with whatever D'ken's plans were. The Imperial Guard were more than enough to keep D'ken safe for the short time he'd be away. And most of his gifts in life had been empty. A shiny thing, women, etc... He asked for a chance to see his homeworld. And in maybe his one true act of kindness, D'ken accepted. On the trip, Gabriel of course found a way to escape. He simply waited until they were close to Earth, then drained the ship of all it's power.

Life support, propulsion, everything immediately went to emergency power...and then Vulcan drained that too. In under a minute the ship was a floating husk in space. Vulcan blew the hatch and fired a beam into the engine. The explosion took care of the rest. After that, he rocketed down to Earth, where he was found by Moira McTaggert and helped along to Xavier's. It was almost immediately discovered by Charles psychic probe that his story about the Shi'ar was true, and he was the younger brother of Salem and Alex. Since his arrival, he's been learning about Earth and it's culture, while also trying to show Xavier that he should use him in the field. He was born and bred for combat; may as well let him do what he was made for.

Superpowers & Equipment

Class: Alpha

Energy Manipulation: Vulcan's primary ability is the psionic ability to drain energy from other sources; and manipulate them to his will. Every other ability he possesses is a byproduct of that. His body has been genetically altered by his powers to a point where it is compatabile with essentially every form of energy. That is how he can absorb raw electricity, or nuclear power, etc... directly into his body without harm to himself. Once the energy is in Vulcan's possession, he can do basically anything he wants with it. He can even manipulate energy that still "belongs" to other people. For example, despite being immune to Salem's powers, if she were to shoot at him with an optic beam, he could absorb it, or simply make it curve around his body.

Energy Blasts - Vulcan can concentrate the energy in his body to a single point(usually his hands or eyes) and project it out as a beam of energy. From pure force, to heat, to electricity, to light, and more, Vulcan can alter his energy to create one of these attacks. He can even expel all his energy at once like a bomb, with him being at the point of detonation.

Flight - By surronding himself in an energy field, then propelling himself through the air, Vulcan can achieve unaided flight. The energy field protects him and any passengers from wind chill, air friction and thinks of that nature. With eneough energy supplying the field, he can even fly through space and underwater.

Energy Constructs - Vulcan can use his energy to form shapes like force fields and the like. However, he most often simply molds his energy around an object to move it with his own form of telekinesis.

Energy Detection - WIth his very wide range of control over energy, Vulcan can sense it as well. If the energy source is potent enough, he can sense it, like a bright spot in the darkness. He can sense mutant powers, as well as general power sources like buildings or electric plants.

Healing - Although not a "Healing Factor" like Logan possesses, Vulcan can speed up his recovery process by fueling his body with energy. He can't grow back arms or anything crazy like that, but he is pretty hardy as a result.

Psionic Resistance - Even Xavier himself is surprised at how strong Vulcan's mental defenses are. The reason being his energy manipulation. He naturally uses telepaths own psionic energy directed at his brain to shield it from psionic attacks. It's like a shield that grows stronger the harder you push against it. Though it is beatable with effort by a high enough level psychic like Xavier.

Modified Shi'ar Uniform: Vulcan came to Earth in his customized battle armor designed for him by D'ken's top armorers. Hank made a few modifications and now it's up to X-Men standards as well.

Communicator: Like all the X-Men, he has a communicator that can be used to signal his friends when he's in need of help, and vice versa.

Flaws or Weaknesses

Stamina: Vulcan's powers are mental, meaning that while he does not actually grow physicall tired using them, his brain does grow tired and fatigued over time. The more intensely and the longer he uses his powers, the faster his brain needs rest before he can use them effectively again.

Energy Limits: Vulcan has a limit on how much energy his body produces, and how much he can store. When at 100% capacity, everything is fine. When over 100% for whatever reason, he must purge his body of the excess energy or it can lead to serious harm if he overloads himself. The exact opposite is also bad, as having too low levels of energy will leave him sluggish and lethargic. However, even when he has no energy in his reserves, he is still able to manipulate outside energy.

Completely Human: Vulcan, for all his power, is still at the end of the day a really strong guy. But he's not bulletproof, he's not stabproof, he's not explosion proof. His powers rely on awareness and focus, as they are not always turned on and have to be activated. So the key is to take him by surprise. For example if he gets cracked in the shin with a bat, his forcefield would undoubtedly block the bat. However if his forcefield wasn't on, his bone would snap as easy as anyone elses.

Arrogance: Despite being a slave, Gabriel grew up with D'ken singing his praises(well his own praises, Gabriel just got the extra) about what a well behaved boy he was, or how powerful he was, or this or that. It has had an effect of making Gabriel somewhat(a lot what) arrogantconfident. He's spent his entire life thwarting the powerful people threatening the Emperor after all. The problem is, no matter how powerful you are, arrogance will always hinder you. So he has moments where he'll underestimate the opponent or his team, and overestimate himself. Either way is a recipe for trouble. He's working on it though.

PTSD: Anyone who sits and listens to Gabriel's story will understand without a doubt why he suffers from PTSD. It was his minds way of trying to repress and compartmentalize all the trauma he was exposed to literally from his first moment of awareness and consciousness he can remember. He suffers from blackouts, panic attacks, hallucinations, and the like. The worst is when he starts to identify more with "Vulcan" than "Gabriel". When that happens, a more sinister personality surfaces. One essentially molded by D'ken into what he thought was a good person. It's rare, but when he shows up it's a good idea to calm him down or put him to sleep quickly.

Other

Relationships:

Salem Summers - There are 3 Summers kids. Salem, Alex, and Gabriel. Salem is Gabriel's sister, and the oldest of the three. He doesn't know her well yet, but he's spending all the time she'll let him have with her, as he's never had a family before and quite likes it.

Alex Summers - The second Summers child, Alex is Gabriel's older brother. He's a bit closer to Gabriel in age, and it's easier to hang out with a boy than a girl. But he still has just as much fun with Salem as Alex.

Christopher Summers - The father of the Summerses. Gabriel doesn't know him, but he likes to think he's a good man. And maybe, one day they'll meet. He knows he escaped the mines, but aside from that, he can only hope for the best.

Totoro

@Juggtacular

Approved, don't see a single thing wrong with that character sheet. Post him up in the approved thread!

Looking forward to see how he plays out.

Juggtacular

Awesome! I've already got a few Colossus apps from other games so I can copy/paste real quick and then have him up too.

Totoro

Quote from: Juggtacular on January 19, 2017, 06:03:10 PM
Awesome! I've already got a few Colossus apps from other games so I can copy/paste real quick and then have him up too.

Great. I'm sure you know already but the only real changes here are an opinion on what's currently going on in the world. And dodging any mentions of non-X men if they're in there.

Juggtacular

Juggtacular

Colossus

The Basics
Full Name:  Piotr "Peter" Nikolaievitch Rasputin
Age: [Depends on whether his potential daughter happens or not, will edit once I confirm]
Nationality: Russian
Occupation: Teacher [Introductory, Basic, Intermediary, & Advanced Russian | Agriculture | Art 101 | Various self defense-courses

Physical Description
Hair Colour: Black - Metallic Black
Eye Colour: Blue - White
Height: 6'6 - 7'5
Weight: 250lbs - Over 1 Metric Ton
Face Claim: Tom Hardy
Physical Features: Piotr has a number of Russian tattoos that were quite difficult to get, as his body naturally shifted to his armored form whenever the needle touched his skin. He had to put on a power nullifier each time.

General Appearance:

Peter - In his natural human state, Peter still manages to stand out despite thinking he looks pretty normal. He stands at 6'6 and is heavily muscled(250lbs) from a lifetime of farm work and constant physical training. He has a handsome face and a strong jawline, and his eyes are a fierce ice blue. He usually keeps his facial hair neat and trimmed in a goatee, but sometimes he'll let it form into a full beard or just shave it off. As a farm boy, he tends to wear comfortable clothes that can just as easily be worked in as relaxed in. So you'll usually see him in t-shirts, hoodies, jeans, boots, etc...

Colossus - In his armored form, Peter looks much the same, yet distinctly different. His height is raised by almost a foot at 7'5, and while not visible, due to being made of one of the most dense metals in existence, he weighs a full metric ton. His body at this point has become a metallic substance that resembles Osmium, so he appears to be Peter, but entirely made of metal. All hair on his body "fuses" so it appears to be a single piece instead of individual strands. His eyes become metallic as well and are simply pure white. For some reason, his body appears segmented, like it's made of multiple bands of metal with clear seams up and down his arms, legs, and torso. Strangely enough though, his face is smooth and feet are smooth, while his hands appear much more intricate.

Who they are

Personality: Despite his intimidating size and appearance(6'6 - 250lbs) Piotr is a quiet, kind, and gentle man.  While many his age would prefer to go out on an evening in town, Peter would prefer to stay at home with his loved ones and play a game or paint or read. When he does go out, he is usually the quiet one of the group who says very little but listens to everything. He says that he has two ears and only one tongue, so he listens twice as much as he talks. In reality, he feels awkward and shy in social settings around a lot of people he doesn't know – shallow and meaningless conversation makes him uncomfortable.

Get to know Peter though... it's worth the effort to find out who he truly is. He is unflinchingly loyal to those who have won his friendship and he would give them the shirt off his back if they needed it or tunnel through hell to save a fellow's life. He has always been a good listener and is very slow to judge most of the time; also very good at keeping the confidence of others. A man of simple tastes, he prefers honesty over lies, feeling that it only complicates life and that anyone you spend valuable time with should be someone with whom you can be honest.

Piotr's temper resembles the material that he encases himself in – it is durable and not easily bent or cracked. In other words, he is slow to anger, preferring to listen to people and talk things through intelligently. However, as with any material, apply enough force and Colossus will break; when Colossus does lose his temper, it is a sight to behold. Despite his demeanor, Piotr does have anger issues... due mainly to his own inability to open up to people or express his own feelings. Instead he tends to bottle them up, using his own anger and frustration as fuel for working out or training or those times when he does snap.

Piotr agrees with Charles. Pacificity is a valid way to bring about change. Although he does think the Brotherhood need to be smacked down hard and locked away to a degree that other mutants will stop suffering because of their actions.

He is wholeheartedly against the governments treatment of mutants. He does understand there are powerful mutants out there; he himself is one and he personally knows at least 20 who could give small armies a run for their money. But treating them like cattle and watching them like Big Brother only serves to foster mistrust between human and mutant.

He'd punch Magneto in the face if he could. No matter what he has gone through, his actions are inexcusable. In fact, they are worse as he has been the victim of his methods for decades and is actively using them against innocents. He's worse than the problem he's fighting against.

Biography:
Peter was a devoted older brother and always watched out for his little "Snowflake". Farm life was simple and hard in a place as cold as Siberia, but it was all young Piotr knew so he had no reason to complain. And when he had time to himself, he found release for any problems in art. He would even paint for others of the collective in return for supplies or favors; sometimes he even got money. It wasn't much, but he could buy candies for himself and his sister from time to time. Life was pretty normal all things considered, but one day everything changed. He had just turned fourteen and had the amazing(not really) talk with his parents that he could do more chores around the farm, but of course he would still be treated as a child. He was a good boy though so he did as he was told.

A few weeks later, his sister was playing by the barn and a tractor got out of control. The gas pedal jammed and the steering column locked due to the cold. Illyana was still a child and was so engrossed with her dolls that she didn't notice the death machine rumbling down on her. Piotr was close by, and was already running for her before his father even got the chance to yell at him. He reached his sister, but there was no time to get either of them out of the way. Something miraculous happened though, and there was a sound of clanking metal as he suddenly got bigger. He was still confused, but remained in between the tractor and his sister until it hit him. Then nothing. It hit him and crumpled against his outstretched arms with a loud crash. Finally looking down at himself, he saw his skin was shiny and his hand prints were embedded in the front of the tractor.

His father, mother, and everyone else who saw came running over, trying to see if Illyana was okay, but also looking at Piotr. He'd crushed a tractor like it was cardboard, and now stood among them as a giant, easily six and a half feet tal. It didn't take a genius to realize he was a mutant, but instead of being shunned, he was praised as a hero. Even though he'd destroyed one of the few working tractors on the farm, his powers allowed him to do much more than a single tractor ever could. The young Rasputin enjoyed his new found popularity in the Collective, but it didn't last for long. Only a few weeks later, Charles Xavier showed up and offered him a place at the Institute, where he could learn to hone his powers. He joined the X-Men after coming to America, and has gone on many adventures with them.

Superpowers & Equipment

Class: Alpha

Organic Steel Transformation:  Colossus is a mutant with the superhuman ability to convert the tissue of his entire body into an organic steel-like substance, becoming not only taller, but larger as well. This substance resembling steel is of unknown composition but appears to be analogous to osmium and to carbon steel; which explains why he's so damn heavy(He weighs a metric ton). He is able to transform into this armor-like state at will (the process is virtually instantaneous) and remain in that form until he decides to revert to normal.

After an exhaustive amount of tests and studies run on him, the general consensus from people far more intelligent than he theorize that the conversion from flesh and bone to organic steel is accomplished by a psionic whole-brain interface with an ionic form of osmium, an extremely dense metal, located in another dimension. In willing the act of transformation, Colossus actually exchanges osmium atoms for his carbon atoms. The psionic interface with the other dimension re-creates all of Colossus's body in functionally similar organic ionic-osmium materials. And due to the unique makeup of his organic steel body, blood and organs seem to be replaced with a form of bio-energy that performs the same functions. The process by which Colossus gains additional mass from an unknown, perhaps extra-dimensional, force remains unknown. While he doesn't have many weaknesses, being so heavy means he has to watch his step as he can and has found himself falling through floors because they couldn't support his weight. Once he even had to shift back to his human form because the X-Jet wasn't calibrated for his weight and was performing sluggishly as a result.

Superhuman Strength: While in his armored state, Colossus possesses a colossal degree of superhuman strength, allowing him to perform feats of strength like throwing tanks, toppling or holding up buildings, and scrapping with beings with high end superhuman strength. His strength goes beyond simply lifting and punching, however, as it extends into his legs as well. Meaning aside from kicks that can cause rockslides and stomps that can cause localized tremors, he can travel great distances by leaping through the air. Colossus is considered to be one of the physically strongest mutants in the world.

Superhuman Durability:   In his armored form, Colossus is nearly invulnerable to all forms of physical harm. Bullets, energy attacks, long falls, and even attacks from other superhumanly strong opponents tend to get shrugged off. He can be hurt of course, but it takes a high amount of force to sufficiently hurt him. He is called Colossus for a reason.

Superhuman Speed/Agility: Surprising to not only him when he first discovered it, but to others as well, Colossus in his armored form is incredibly agile and fast. One would think that weighing as much as he does and being comprised of solid metal would make him slower, but it's actually the opposite. Due to his bio-energy and the efficiency of his muscles and skeletal structure being enhanced to such a degree, Colossus can move around faster than people would believe until they see it(and even then they still don't), and has often surprised opponents with his sheer speed. In fact one of his favored methods of attack is launching himself at his opponents and curling up like a human wrecking ball.

Superhuman Stamina: In his armored form he is completely sustained by his bio-energy, so he has no need for food, liquids, or sleep while armored up. Also as he is made of metal, his body doesn't get tired like a flesh and blood one would, allowing him to physically exert himself for extremely long periods of time.

Anti-Magical Body: Colossus' metal body is extremely resistant, if not outright immune to most magical effects. He has proven this several times, although no one has been able to figure out the reason why. Perhaps it's simply the composition of his body. Or maybe due to the inherent magic in his bloodline(His grandfather Grigori "The Mad Russian" Rasputin and his sister), he is immune to it's effects. Whatever the reason, it has served him well.

Flaws or Weaknesses

Super Duper Heavyweight: Colossus weighs over 1 ton. He himself weighs more than 1200lbs. While his weight and density obviously attribute greatly to his strength and power, they also mean he is a victim to physics. Weighing as much as he does, it is impossible for him to float. Swimming is doable, but if he doesn't put in effort, he will simply sink until he touches bottom. This also means structurally weak buildings, floors, etc... aren't capable of holding his weight.

Metal Man: Colossus' armored form is comprised of what is essentially a form of Osmium. It is very heavy, and very dense...but it is also very magnetic. In his armored form, he is completely at the mercy of magnetics(as Magneto has proven multiple times). Also due to him being completely metal, should he be exposed to Antartic Vibranium and have no way to change back to normal, his metal would liquefy and he'd die.

Flesh & Blood: Like many mutants, Colossus' power isn't always activated. And since his changes his entre body to armored metal, it's kind of important that he use his powers to deal with lethal threats. Simply put, if he's not shiny and clanking when he walks, he's as easy to kill as the next Joe Blow.

Gentle Giant: Growing up as big and as strong as Piotr, but surrounded by delicate things(farm animals, his little sister, other children) and having a kind heart meant one thing. He was a big ole' softie. Till this day, Colossus does not like confrontation despite being one of the main members of the X-Men. He will always seek an alternative if he can find one. He will engage in violence if necessary, but he holds back as much as possible. He only wants to beat their enemies, not cripple them.

Repression: Piotr is not always as joyous and cheerful as he seems. He tends to hold things in, as people see him as the one they need to vent to, not the other way around. As a result, he has a lot of emotions bottled up just ready to explode. And it's bad when they do. The last time Colossus snapped was when Nightcrawler and Shadowcat got hurt by the Marauders. Riptide was unlucky enough to be in his path and despite his best efforts, the man had his neck snapped by an enraged Russian titan.

Other

His is a world class artist.