LFG for Final Fantasy D6 (Recruitment is closed)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, March 08, 2015, 12:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

PLAYER NAME: Angiejuusan
LEVEL: 1
RACE: Human
JOB: Paladin
CHARACTER NAME: Harold Dean
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: http://blog.friendster.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Human-Warrior.png
SHORT TERM GOALS:
LIFE GOALS: Set up an academy for combat and white magic for any and all interested.
FLAVOR QUOTE: I will stand within the darkness so you may enjoy the light.

DESTINY POINTS: 1

ATTRIBUTES:
PWR: 7
RES: 8
DEX: 3
MND: 7

HP: 30
MP: 9

FORCE: 3
FINESS: 2

ARM: 6
M.ARM: 6
ACC: 2
AVD: 7

EQUIPMENT:
R.HAND: Squire’s Longsword/RES/8+2d6/Reliable (reroll once a Combat)
SHIELD: Squire’s Shield/ 2/ 2/ +1 to AVD
ARMOR: Chainmail/ 4/ 4/ Medium Armor
ACCESSORY:

SKILLS:

SKILL         
Athletics   2
Acting 2        
Awareness   2   
Escape   2      
Inquiry   2   
Negotiation   2   
Perform   2      
Swimming   2          
Synthesis(Weapon) 2
Synthesis(Armor) 2      

ABILITIES: Cover: Take blows meant for another.
Leadership: Allies are immune to Fear, Berserk, and Charm unless they chose to be affected
Shield of Light: Once per combat, make Armor Indestructible and become immune to Knockback and Spell Loss. If attacked (or if my Covered Target is attacked), respond with 8 (x Armor Tier) +2d6 Holy Damage and strike target Blind even if they’re immune.

SPELLS: Chivalry

EQUIPMENT: Squire’s Longsword
Squire’s Shield
Chainmail

INVENTORY: 50 gil
Staff of Escape (Tier 1 Arcane, uses MND for Damage, Quick Cast property)

Edited skill points.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Revelation

I believe I just did my skills according to errata, will have to double check though.

Lockepick

Are we allowed to save skill points for later?

Frankly -- I'm finding myself at a point where I'm taking skills just to use my points, where I'd rather put them towards my 'focus' skills as soon as my cap is raised.

I'm also changing from a Reach Weapon to a Brawl Weapon, modifying my old post for it. I can repost it if that's easier.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

slowmojoe

Quote from: lockepick on March 24, 2015, 07:24:20 PM
Are we allowed to save skill points for later?

Frankly -- I'm finding myself at a point where I'm taking skills just to use my points, where I'd rather put them towards my 'focus' skills as soon as my cap is raised.

I'm also changing from a Reach Weapon to a Brawl Weapon, modifying my old post for it. I can repost it if that's easier.

Yes, you can save points for later, however I'm limiting this to you have to spend them at level ups. This is only to prevent putting points in for the sake of being able to pass a skill check.

Revelation

plbbbbt

how am I gonna pretend to be a shonen hero if I can't pull skill points outta my ass!

I agree with that rule though, I feel it's appropriate.

Eislynn

Alright. Sorry this took longer than expected! Real life has been a little hectic for me and Slowmojoe for the past few days...

Without further adieu...

If you are on this list in green, you are approved (with changes or compromises we have already discussed of course.) You may post to Approved Characters. (Link below.)
If your name is on this list in red, Slowmojoe has notes for you regarding your stats build.
If your listing is in blue, I have notes for you regarding story/background.

AndyZ - Viera, Entertainer (Lynn)

Angiejuusan - Human, Paladin (Harold Dean)

Changingsaint - Human, Warrior (Alexander Fields)

Florence - Human, Dark Knight (Aeron) (pending backstory)

Inerrant Lust - Unsubmitted...

Lockepick - Human, Geomancer (Houna Ko)

ReijiTabibito - Unsubmitted...

Zaer Darkwail - Mithra, Blue Mage (R'sohn Barada) (Nevermind - Figured something else out) 

Approved Characters: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=226106.0
OOC CHAT: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=226107.0
Game Thread: (coming soon!)

Revelation

Whoops, I had it on my notepad for the character, but that was changed after I posted it. It should be listed - my 2nd job ability is First Strike.

Eislynn

Quote from: Changingsaint on March 24, 2015, 08:01:06 PM
Whoops, I had it on my notepad for the character, but that was changed after I posted it. It should be listed - my 2nd job ability is First Strike.
No worries! That quick edit to your sheet should be enough for us to turn you green! ^_^

Angie

Quote from: Katida desu on March 24, 2015, 07:57:24 PM

Angiejuusan - Human, Paladin (Harold Dean) (there is a minor issue with your shield)

Found it and fixed it.

Eislynn

Quote from: Angiejuusan on March 24, 2015, 08:05:49 PM
Found it and fixed it.

Looks good! Changing you to green! :)

Edit: NVM. You're still blue until I see your backstory... Sorry for jumping the gun.

Florence

... I could have SWORN it said 2 spells...

but looking over the rules again, you're right.

... I have no idea where I got that number from.

I'll be getting rid of Hex, then. Takes all my MP at lv1 to cast it once anyway. xD
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Eislynn

Quote from: Florence on March 24, 2015, 08:12:03 PM
... I could have SWORN it said 2 spells...

but looking over the rules again, you're right.

... I have no idea where I got that number from.

I'll be getting rid of Hex, then. Takes all my MP at lv1 to cast it once anyway. xD

Sounds good! With that edit I'm turning you blue. (Since I don't see a backstory yet.)

Eislynn

Well I'm out for tonight - I start work very early in the morning, so I need my beauty sleep!  :-*

ReijiTabibito

I know we're not really supposed to worry about healing (since most of it will be handled by Items, I'm guessing), but we are still kind of missing a mage-y element in the party, aren't we?

ReijiTabibito

*looks at Mage classes, frowns*  Except for the Black Mage, they all don't...mages cast spells.  These guys seem to have MP pools barely big enough to cast a couple spells per level.  If your MP is MND + Level Bonus, then a Black Mage at 1st level would get...8 + MND, which let's say is near max - 9 - so 17 MP.  The basic combat spell costs 5 MP.  So...three spells before you have to recharge.

...that doesn't seem quite right...

Zaer Darkwail

Actually that's quite correct really. If speak earlier FF games. However I advice as caster take 3-5 ether potions to last through a dungeon and take arcane weapon so you can fire off 'fireballs' from staff as combat action (instead spells).

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 24, 2015, 08:55:05 PM
Take arcane weapon so you can fire off 'fireballs' from staff as combat action (instead spells).

How do you do that?  I'm not seeing it...

Zaer Darkwail

Well, most melee weapons are short range only. When you use rank 1 weapon you have specific set of damage value when using them (rank 1 it would be 2d6+mind stat for arcane weapons). So instead describe 'smack them with staff' you can say 'I blast them with fire' as description.

Angie

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 24, 2015, 09:04:08 PM
How do you do that?  I'm not seeing it...

All Arcane weapons are set with the property of "Quick Cast" which allows you to cast a spell as a Standard action instead of a Slow action.

Lockepick

I think he was actually just referring to the fact that you can use MND to attack when using an Arcane weapon -- so the stat that also gives you more Mana for spells can also be used to just do damage!

Though the Quick-Cast property is pretty neat too!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Eislynn

Alright. Everyone who is fully submitted is fully approved.

Still waiting on a back story for Florence (Aeron)

RejiTabbibito and Inerrant Lust: Are you going to be submitting characters?

ReijiTabibito

I am.  I'm just being indecisive because meh.  I can say I'll be playing a male Viera.  The job choice right now is narrowed down to either Gambler or White Mage.

Revelation

Personally! I think either sounds fun, so go with what you like.