Camp Half-Blood - Not Accepting Applications

Started by Jag, April 26, 2011, 12:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag

Quote from: Kaisude on April 27, 2011, 05:42:40 PM
I am at ups and downs about this rp. It looks like it would be fun, but I just don't know if I can get the right mind set for it.

Well, we are in need of one more male character and two more female ones. So if you do think you're interested, just send me a character sheet and I'll review it. ^^
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Jag

Had a gamer withdraw due to game overload. So we have 4 slots open now. 2 male and 2 females.

kaz

I would love to join this game.  I've read all the books, even The Red Pyramid and the Heroes of Olympus, cant wait for the next ones to come out.  I'll have a character to you this afternoon.

Looking to write.  Sometimes life catches up with me.  If it does I will be back...

Jefepato

I'm considering this game, but I'm not sure I have time.  Are children of minor Gods allowed?  (I'm thinking Heracles.)

...Also, why is the game in Extreme?

KnightNelson20

Hercules is not a minor God he himself is a demi god. At least i think so he was always strange. He is born of two god parents but not really mentioned as a full god. i think its cause he lived on earth with humans.

Jefepato

Quote from: KnightNelson20 on April 30, 2011, 11:25:09 AM
Hercules is not a minor God he himself is a demi god. At least i think so he was always strange. He is born of two god parents but not really mentioned as a full god. i think its cause he lived on earth with humans.

Two god parents?  His father was Zeus, but his mother was a mortal woman (mostly mortal anyway -- I think one of her ancestors was a demigod).  However, the best-known versions of the myth indicate that Heracles ascended to Olympus from his funeral pyre and was raised to true godhood, so I would assume he'd be a minor God (insofar as "minor" means "not one of the twelve enthroned on Olympus") in this continuity.

KnightNelson20

i see i see. with that tho id still go back to say he is a demi god still. i just think he proved himself and was allowed to live among the gods. and was given immortality most likely but as for being a god i think he would have to be born one. i mean what would hercules be the god of?

Jefepato

Strength?

(Half-bloods can definitely become true gods in the Percy Jackson series.  Zeus says outright that pretty much everyone who gets offered a boon by the gods requests godhood.)

Star Safyre

Quote from: Jefepato on April 30, 2011, 10:39:30 AM

While I'm not a GM in the game, I believe the spirit of the choice was based in giving players flexibility regarding contact with monsters as well as freeing any possible restrictions of the level of violence.  I'd double check with Michi though.
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Aiden

Jefpato- Could always skip the middle man and be a claimed or unclaimed son of Zues and be another mini Hercules.

As for the extreme rating, that is most for the combat sequences. Don't think you will be gang raped by harpies with strap ons or anything.

Vandren

Quote from: KnightNelson20 on April 30, 2011, 11:39:30 AM
i see i see. with that tho id still go back to say he is a demi god still. i just think he proved himself and was allowed to live among the gods. and was given immortality most likely but as for being a god i think he would have to be born one. i mean what would hercules be the god of?

Heracles (the Greek version) was deified upon his death.  He became a culture hero god, and patron god of Herculaneum.  Check the classical sources.

Quick question for Michi: When is the game going to be set?  Just curious, because post- Last Olympian the minor gods got their own cabins (as described in The Lost Hero, where we see the interior of Hypnos' cabin).
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Jag

Quote from: kaz on April 30, 2011, 09:38:15 AM
I would love to join this game.  I've read all the books, even The Red Pyramid and the Heroes of Olympus, cant wait for the next ones to come out.  I'll have a character to you this afternoon.

I got it and will review it. ^^

Quote from: Jefepato on April 30, 2011, 10:39:30 AM
I'm considering this game, but I'm not sure I have time.  Are children of minor Gods allowed?  (I'm thinking Heracles.)

Short answer your question: Yes. Children of the minor Gods are allowed. But they will be staying in Cabin 11 with the children of Hermes.

Long answer about Heracles specifically: Personally, I don't consider Heracles a hero. But the Percy Jackson books do mention him, though not as a God. Myths state that he did obtain Godhood, so yes, it is possible for people to be a demi-god of Heracles and the books just don't talk about him. Though he does not, in the books, have a cabin at the camp. Mostly because after obtaining Godhood he is said to have become more noble and warlike; at least to the Romans. The Camp Half-Blood Wiki says it's more likely for him to have a cabin at the Roman Camp than it is at the Greek Camp. I believe this because the Greek Demi-Gods only refer to him by the Roman way of his name (which is just a different spelling: Hercules).

So I would prefer not to use him as a Godly Parent for the Greek Demi-Gods. Here is a list of most of the Minor Gods mentioned in the books (just ignore Heracles).

As for Extreme...mostly for violence. It allows myself and everyone else to get as gory as we want. It also allows, if someone wants, to get creative with godly powers during more adult scenes. Though mostly for the violence.

Quote from: KnightNelson20 on April 30, 2011, 11:39:30 AM

A lot of Minor Gods are not given exact duties. A lot of them became Gods through great acts while human or demi-god. Percy was offered to become a God, but they never said exactly God of what. It's possible that many Minor Gods or Demi-God made God are simple just Gods. It's a reward.

Quote from: Star Safyre on April 30, 2011, 11:55:23 AM
While I'm not a GM in the game, I believe the spirit of the choice was based in giving players flexibility regarding contact with monsters as well as freeing any possible restrictions of the level of violence.  I'd double check with Michi though.

Star is correct. ^^ Violence, blood, gore, fighting, battles. ^^

Quote from: Aiden on April 30, 2011, 12:37:28 PM
Jefpato- Could always skip the middle man and be a claimed or unclaimed son of Zues and be another mini Hercules.

As for the extreme rating, that is most for the combat sequences. Don't think you will be gang raped by harpies with strap ons or anything.

Claimed or Unclaimed son of Zeus is a good idea. As for the harpies...that won't happen, unless you want it to. ;)

Quote from: Vandren on April 30, 2011, 03:57:00 PM
Quick question for Michi: When is the game going to be set?  Just curious, because post- Last Olympian the minor gods got their own cabins (as described in The Lost Hero, where we see the interior of Hypnos' cabin).

Neither. As much as I like the Percy Jackson storyline, I just want a Camp Half-Blood game. The idea is going to be pre-Percy Jackson, but the exact dates and what not can be modern (2011). So only the 13 cabins (I know there were only 12, but I let Hades have one). If the game gets large enough to deserve it's own board (which I always do hope for in a group game), we will run a quest similar to the events leading up to all Minor Gods getting a cabin, but for my own sanity at the moment, just the 13. A quest involving unclaimed children feeling ignored, Minor Gods feeling unappreciated, and children of the Minor Gods feeling pushed aside.

I have thought and slightly planned for all of that in case the game does get that far. ^^

Jefepato

Quote from: Michi No Sora on April 30, 2011, 04:47:43 PM
The Camp Half-Blood Wiki says it's more likely for him to have a cabin at the Roman Camp than it is at the Greek Camp. I believe this because the Greek Demi-Gods only refer to him by the Roman way of his name (which is just a different spelling: Hercules).

I sort of assumed the book used his Roman name because he's one of the few mythic figures better known by that name among the target audience, and possibly also because Riordan hadn't thought of where he was going with the sequel series yet when he wrote that bit.  (Witness, again, Disney's Hercules movie, which called all the gods by Greek names.)

But yeah, I could go for a son-of-Zeus character if that would work better.  I'll see what I can come up with.

Jag

Quote from: Jefepato on April 30, 2011, 05:03:55 PM
I sort of assumed the book used his Roman name because he's one of the few mythic figures better known by that name among the target audience, and possibly also because Riordan hadn't thought of where he was going with the sequel series yet when he wrote that bit.  (Witness, again, Disney's Hercules movie, which called all the gods by Greek names.)

But yeah, I could go for a son-of-Zeus character if that would work better.  I'll see what I can come up with.

Yeah, even Riordan admits that he hadn't intended on doing a sequel of to the Percy Jackson books. He mentions thinking about doing a Roman series and the idea popped into his head because of how closely the Greek and Roman pantheons are.

But yeah, just send me what you can come up with.

Kaz has been accepted, so there are now 2 male slots and 1 female slot for characters.

Jag

Alright, we have 2 slots left. One male character and one female character.

Jag

Alright...all slots have been filled. Thank you to everyone that sent me a CS. When we reopen for more characters, I'll let everyone know.