Star Wars anyone?

Started by MagicalPen, August 24, 2007, 04:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordAnubis

I have access to the WEG stuff f you gusy wanted info for it, but you'd be better off house rulling it.  if you guys decided to do anything advanced the books tend to fail.

If you can keep the group tight, with regular posters I think the game can work.  I know the Star trek game fizzeled because people just vanished mid way.

MadPanda

Long as I get to play my Jawa Starship Mechanic, I can live with just about anything!

("Sparky, why is the hyperdrive disassembled on the hangar floor?")
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Unnatural Selection

So did this ever go anywhere?  I must confess that my first Internet RPG was a play-by-email SW game, and I wouldn't mind a new one.

Of course, if I must weigh in, I'd have to say I'd prefer a freeform/system lite game.
Here you go

Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge.
--Carl Sagan

Muse

I've just started a Star Wars game on Rpol using the Saga rules.  They look pretty cool, and I'denjoy a chance to play. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Kitikat

I've started a couple of single thread SW games, so I would definately be interested in a group one :)
Freeform for preference, as I suspect I don't know most of the dice systems that would be used. If we do end up with a system, I would hope it would be freely available, as getting hold of some of the more obscure systems can be difficult and expensive here...
Bisexual, prefers to play female or T* characters
Ons and Offs and more!

MadPanda

The game, O Muse?  That we may seek it out and regale you with the exploits of Jawa Starship Mechanics...

In Memory of Bishrook

CaptainErotica

If there is still interest in this I can run it freefrom. I've reqad or played almost everything with the word Star Wars in the title. About the only books I havn't read is the new ones where Jacen Solo becomes the next Sith Lord, and corrupts Luke's son Ben. It looked like he wasd even fixing to face off vs Luke, but I haven't found the rest of the series yet. But, I'm drifting off course.

Timeline: two years before the events of a New Hope(the origional movie).

Plot: The empire is in firm control of the galaxy. Fear and military might lead the way. Aliens must tread carefully lest htey face the wrath of the Xenophobic ruler Emperor Plapatine. The reqason of his hatred fpr aliens is unknown, but he has mercilessly driven many species into extimction beneath the white plasteel boots of his stormtroopers, and the dark fist of his apprentice Darth Vader.

Yet all are not afraid. Pockets of resistence have begun popping up on planets across the Galaxy though most of them are on the rim and outer rim where the empire's grasp is weakest. This ragtag group of underground cells has even earned a name. They are know as the rebellion to some, rebels to others. To the empire they are simple Rebel Scum to be wiped off the face of the galaxy like mud from the sole of Darth vader's boot.

Hearing rumors of a large planet sized battle station being built by the empire, the rebellion has assigned a small cell from Ord Mantell to Uncover the plans for the battle station. There is a small Imperial Depot on the far side of the planet. The first mission is to infiltrate the depot and recover any information you can.

No Jedi at this time, but one or two at most may be force sensitive.

Sound good?

Kitikat

*holds up a hand* I'm in :)
Not as well read, but I do have a good memory for minutae in the movies, and I've played a good few of the available games.
Bisexual, prefers to play female or T* characters
Ons and Offs and more!

MadPanda

Will ponder characters...  ;D  The Jawa Starship Mechanic is a good one-shot joke, but not much of a long-term design.  Much as I hate to scrap Sparky...

In Memory of Bishrook

CaptainErotica

I had a Jawa Jedi Starfighter Pilot once. That was fun.

MadPanda

In Memory of Bishrook

CaptainErotica

RedEve

Can I join as a force sensitive Zeltron?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Muse

You're doing freeform?  Too bad, the Saga Edition is extremly cool. 

Still, I might play, depending on the posting speed and wehter or not you have room for me. 

Force sensitive Twilek slave girl Rarfara Aylana. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

HybridHalf

Quote from: Robguy on October 31, 2007, 08:44:53 AM
If there is still interest in this I can run it freefrom. I've reqad or played almost everything with the word Star Wars in the title. About the only books I havn't read is the new ones where Jacen Solo becomes the next Sith Lord, and corrupts Luke's son Ben. It looked like he wasd even fixing to face off vs Luke, but I haven't found the rest of the series yet. But, I'm drifting off course.

You also need to read Tag and Bink as well.

Unnatural Selection

Quote from: Robguy on October 31, 2007, 08:44:53 AM
No Jedi at this time, but one or two at most may be force sensitive.

Sound good?

Sound very good.  If you're still offering, of course.
Here you go

Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge.
--Carl Sagan

Eymber

If you have not already seen this... I'm not sure if this is something like what you are interested in, but here...

Agents of the Darkside