Leverage type rp (seeking M to play tough guy)

Started by AngelOfDarkness, January 11, 2014, 01:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngelOfDarkness

Have you seen Leverage? its a tv series about good guy thieves in modern times. A grifter a tough guy the mastermind a thief/pick pocket and the tech guy.

They use their skills and gifts and talents to help good people who need to take down bad people for a good reason. They provide Leverage hehe.

Maybe they have a job from a young lady, the daughter of mob boss finds out what her father does for a real job and wants someone to take him down. She overhears him ordering a hit on someone and he passes it off due to the fact she's deaf, yet she has read his lips. The group take on the job as the mob boss ordered the murder of the tech guy's and grifter's siblings. During the job while gathering information and working on a plan the touch guy falls for the client and they start to get involved. The client even helps take down her own father.

We can discuss things. this rp really gathers around the tough guy and the client, the other members of the crew are secondary characters.
Where is the communication? Bravery isn't ignoring someone, a strong person is someone who can be honest. Honesty may hurt but a lie or being ignorant can hurt ten times more.
On/Offs; On/Offs Page
Ideas; Angel's Roleplay Ideas

Torterrable

I'm not sure you can detect my enthusiasm through this post, but I absolutely love Leverage. I cannot believe that they ended, and am still catching up (halfway through the fourth season, terrified to start the fifth. I don't want it to end!).

This sounds like an interesting idea, and one that I would love to discuss and/or do with you. However, can we clear it up a bit? Are we playing the canon characters from the show? I'm pretty sure Parker doesn't have a sibling she knows of (she was orphaned), and neither does Hardison (although I'm not quite sure about this; he lives with his Nana).

Eliot's romance with the mark, though, is pretty on-target.

Anyways, I'd love to do this with you if we could iron out a few details.

Tyrhung

This sounds like an awesome prospect.  While I have never seen this show you speak of, I assure you I can play quite the tough guy.  If you'd like a demonstration, I would be glad to oblige.

AngelOfDarkness

Wow thank you for replying to my roleplay request :D it doens't matter if you've seen it or not we can give it a go

but wow Torterrable someone else who knows what Leverage is. we'll have to chat once you guys get approved. you're right about Parker though, but it was a suggestion we can discuss details

and sorry its taken me so long to reply back
Where is the communication? Bravery isn't ignoring someone, a strong person is someone who can be honest. Honesty may hurt but a lie or being ignorant can hurt ten times more.
On/Offs; On/Offs Page
Ideas; Angel's Roleplay Ideas

Torterrable

It's okay. I almost forgot about the thread, although I checked back, thankfully.

Yes, the really great thing about leverage is the complexity of the character dynamics and the plans that Nathan Ford hatches, so we'd have to have a pretty nice and solid plot in place in order to be true to the show. I guess Hardison's Nana could get kidnapped or something, but we'd need a reason for that.