The Saiyans are coming! [Recruitment Closed]

Started by Primarch, February 15, 2013, 11:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

"Everything that's been said here today has been transmitted to my two Saiyan comrades, deep in Outer space. When they learn that I've been killed, they'll come to avenge me. They'll wipe you out. You and every living thing on this planet. You won't have a chance, you're as good as dead already. One year, one short year." - The last words of the first Saiyan invader, Raditz.

In the year on March 21st, 2012 Earth had its first confirmed alien visitor. What appeared to be a remarkably human looking male identified itself as Raditz and was searching for 'Kakarot,' an entity that has still not been identified. Raditz proved himself to be on Earth with hostile intentions when he proceeded to go on an extremely destructive warpath, before being confronted by five individuals whom were able to do what quickly assembled Earth military forces could not do. They killed the alien invader, but not before he gave a dire warning. The five individuals went to prepare.

Now it is February 15th, 2013. The Saiyans are early. On they're arrival they instantly obliterate Johannesburg, killing over a million people. Now on a dusty plain the only five people that stand a chance prepare to face off against the invaders. They've spent eleven months preparing. They are not prepared.

Okay, so the plan here is an AU DBZ game set in modern day real Earth where 5 people have come together to fight the infamous Nappa & Vegeta. I'll be GMing the game and will be using an invisible system. You never need worry about it, you just RP and I'll determine how actions are resolved behind the wizard's curtain. You'll all be assigned a Power Level based on your application, but you won't be informed what it is until a scouter picks it up. This is currently planned to be a stand alone game, resolving the 'Saiyan Saga' but depending on how it goes it might continue.

A couple of notes:

• There is no Goku: This game doesn't have a Goku, you're the heroes. If a Saiyan pod landed on Earth, the baby inside died or was lost in obscurity and never became Goku.
  • You can manipulate Ki: Regardless of your characters origins, no matter what country your character comes from, they have learned to manipulate ki (even if they refer to it as something else). All characters can fly, project ki and 'feel' the ki output of others, and reduce their own ki output.
  • Players will need to make decisions on when to conserve strength and when to go all out. Characters can get fatigued or exhausted if they max out too much, but can also be outclasses to varying degrees if not putting in enough effort. In a similar manner that Freiza's output was given a percentage of his maximum, players will tag their post with what percentage they are using for that post. Increasing output by more then 5% in one post requires time dedicated to doing so.
  • All PCs will be human.
  • PM Applications only please

Character App:
Name:
Height:
Weight:
Appearance: If you are using more then one image, please take one main image and put any others in spoiler tags under the main.

Combat You have 20 points to spend to determine your characters proficiency with any selected martial art/combat style. The costs are as follows
Basic 1 Point :: Trained 2 Points :: Experienced 3 Points :: Expert 4 Points :: Master 5 Points :: World Authority 6 Points
You may have one at level 6. As it comes up so often, please remember 'MMA' isn't a martial art. Its martial arts mixed together. Its in the name.

Signature Attacks: Anything from a physical combo or ki attack. Once again you have 20 points to distribute. More points require more ki investment or cause greater physical strain, but also increase effectiveness. On character approval I will give you a bonus/penalty for at least one signature attack. Please just describe what the ability is, don't include its result (ex, 'powerful enough to destroy a city').

Backstory: 

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Combat[/b]

[b]Signature Attacks:[/b]

[b]Backstory:[/b]

As stated, this game has 5 slots. First come, first served on approval. I'll inform here as slots are taken.
Slot 1: TAKEN - MzHyde
Slot 2: Open
Slot 3: TAKEN - Zaer Darkwail
Slot 4: TAKEN - AidenWhite
Slot 5: TAKEN - ShadowFox98
Slot 6: TAKEN - Tenshinhan

Any questions, comments or suggestions are welcome.

Primarch

Koyume

So, a little clarification: can the characters be aliens?

Primarch

Quote from: Koyume on February 15, 2013, 06:08:02 PM
So, a little clarification: can the characters be aliens?

As stated above, all PCs will be human.

Koyume

Whoops, glossed over that part. So basically all the characters are more or less Yamcha or Krillin-esque?

Primarch

Quote from: Koyume on February 15, 2013, 06:11:24 PM
Whoops, glossed over that part. So basically all the characters are more or less Yamcha or Krillin-esque?

The players will have a higher average power level then the humans of DBZ Earth that faced Nappa & Vegeta, the game doesn't have a Goku but there still needs to be the idea that the team can win if they band together and play smart.

But I wouldn't personally make a comparison to Yamcha or Krillin, this is an AU OC game set in modern day real Earth as opposed to DBZ "Dragon World/Earth."

Primarch

Second slot taken. 6th Slot has been added however, as something occurred to me.

Anyway, c'mon where are the guys? You going to leave it to the women to save Earth from the Saiyans? 

ShadowFox89

Everyone wants to seduce Vegeta and repopulate the saiyan race.

Dibs on Vegeta!
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Jag

I'm more of a Piccolo, Pikkon, Cell girl here. I like the green men. Everyone else can have Vegeta. :P
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Primarch

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 15, 2013, 09:48:06 PM
Everyone wants to seduce Vegeta and repopulate the saiyan race.

Dibs on Vegeta!

Pfft, he's a GM character.

Quote from: Michi No Sora on February 15, 2013, 09:49:16 PM
I'm more of a Piccolo, Pikkon, Cell girl here. I like the green men. Everyone else can have Vegeta. :P

Love me some green, be all up in the strip club making it rain when one of those photosynthesis hotties is on the pole.

ShadowFox89

Hmmm... I think I'll make a male for this!

Hope you don't mind a sheet coming in with bits and pieces...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 15, 2013, 10:15:47 PM
Hmmm... I think I'll make a male for this!

Hope you don't mind a sheet coming in with bits and pieces...

Unless there's something you need assistance with, please finish it first. Its 4:25 AM where I am so I'm leaving in about 30 seconds anyway. If you do need assistance, then by all means. I'll help anyway I can.

ShadowFox89

Alright. Quick question then- Earth-world geography?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 15, 2013, 10:31:03 PM
Alright. Quick question then- Earth-world geography?

Yes. For all intents and purposes, this game is set in the modern world in all capacities. The arrival of Raditz one year ago is the catalyst for anything fantastical or futuristic. Before his arrival, Earth's population was largely ignorant for anything beyond the mundane and this games characters will be the first notable humans.

ShadowFox89

Ki manipulation or no? I plan on my guy being rather passive, using an opponent's energy against them.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 15, 2013, 10:36:53 PM
Ki manipulation or no? I plan on my guy being rather passive, using an opponent's energy against them.

As stated in the OP, the PCs can all project & detect ki and fly. The knowledge of ki is known to an extremely privileged (and talented) few.

Jag

Quote from: Primarch on February 15, 2013, 09:54:13 PM
Love me some green, be all up in the strip club making it rain when one of those photosynthesis hotties is on the pole.

*gigglesnorts*

I really do have an unhealthy obsession with Piccolo. I think it's the fact that I know due to his species he will likely never have intimate feelings for anyone. The whole 'want what you can't have' idea. >.<

Primarch

While the characters all met during the fight against Raditz, feel free to plot amongst yourselves if your characters have any further history or connection, be it before or after Raditz.

ShadowFox89

Kinda hard if we don't know who anyone else is.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

I'll get a character thread up when we have a pair more approved. In the mean time, people can feel free to post up what they want other people to know about their characters (having a some secrets and surprises is always fun!)

Jag

Well, for those that want to know, my character is a rather quiet woman that keeps to herself. She grew up in rural Thailand and she's quite the kick boxer. *nods*

ShadowFox89

Well, I plan for my gal to be a French master of Wing Chun, fairly passive and a "roll with the blows" sort of girl.

Might make a guy though. Dunno.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Jag

My girl, named Pakpoa, is trained in Muay Thai, Muay Boran, Aikido, and Tán Tui...but I won't tell you which one she's best at. Got to keep some secrets. In my head, she has a rather big attitude. Mostly in her own mind though. She'd sooner ignore someone than belittle them. Just allow them to live in what she believes to be their own personal ignorance. ^__^

ShadowFox89

Ooooh, might have a bit of commonality there. My character is going to have Wing Chun, Aikido, Savat, and Shequan.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Jag

Possibly, but that does not mean they will get along. >.<

ShadowFox89

Like I said, I plan on having a fairly passive character. Unless Pakpoa decides to be aggressive, there shouldn't be any problems :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

MzHyde

This is Wade. She has a military background and is skilled in Boxing, Muay Thai, Brazillian Jiu-jistsu, and Judo.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Jag

This is Pakpoa:

Raised by her former Muay Thai fighter grandfather and food vendor mother in Thailand.

Primarch

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 16, 2013, 08:15:37 PM
Aaaand, we have our Vegeta.

I'm pretty sure Vegeta is going to be our Vegeta. xP

But I see what you're getting at.

BlackestKnight

I have a character I'm working on in mind if you're willing to accept a swordsman. I'm a pretty big Trunks fan myself.

ShadowFox89

Granted, my mind is stuck with the TFS personalities for characters. In which case I'd probably be Gohan xP

And Pakpoa sounds like... Piccolo, ironically enough.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

Quote from: BlackestKnight on February 16, 2013, 08:21:32 PM
I have a character I'm working on in mind if you're willing to accept a swordsman. I'm a pretty big Trunks fan myself.

That's absolutely fine.

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 16, 2013, 08:22:49 PM
Granted, my mind is stuck with the TFS personalities for characters. In which case I'd probably be Gohan xP

I know what you mean.

Jag

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 16, 2013, 08:22:49 PM
And Pakpoa sounds like... Piccolo, ironically enough.

I'll take that as a compliment. ^^

Though she is not a loner. She just prefers her family. He grandfather taught her to fight for two reasons (which I shall keep to myself for now).

ShadowFox89

What sort of detail for background and special attack do you want?

Piccolo isn't a loner either. His family just happens to all be DEAD!
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 16, 2013, 08:27:13 PM
What sort of detail for background and special attack do you want?

Background detail is entirely up to you, but at the minimum it should cover the basic gist of the full life up to this point.

As for special attacks, you don't need to go into overtly great detail. Basic description. If our definitions of 'basic' are so different that I find it too vague to tell what it is, I'll let you know. 

Jag

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 16, 2013, 08:27:13 PM

Piccolo's family was larger than most realize. Katas was his grandfather on Namek. Then the Nameless Namek was his 'father' who split himself into King Piccolo and Kami. Tambourine, Cymbal, Drum, and Piano were his mutated brothers. King Piccolo was his 'father'. Since he fused with Nail, all the other Namekians that Guru hatched became his brothers and Guru his secondary 'father'.

So since he fused with Nail, not all of his family is dead. Dende would be family by fusion. All the living Namekians would be.

*knows too much about fictional characters*

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Jag

I had no doubts about that. Please feel free to ignore me when I rant or ramble like that. I barely notice I do it till I've already hit the 'post' button. >.<

Primarch

Quote from: Michi No Sora on February 16, 2013, 08:34:54 PM
Piccolo's family was larger than most realize. Katas was his grandfather on Namek. Then the Nameless Namek was his 'father' who split himself into King Piccolo and Kami. Tambourine, Cymbal, Drum, and Piano were his mutated brothers. King Piccolo was his 'father'. Since he fused with Nail, all the other Namekians that Guru hatched became his brothers and Guru his secondary 'father'.

So since he fused with Nail, not all of his family is dead. Dende would be family by fusion. All the living Namekians would be.

*knows too much about fictional characters*

I shall now say to you what my Lady friend said to me earlier this evening when I told her about my friends blog detailed his first experience with Dungeons and Dragons.
*clears throat* Ahem..ahem.

NERD!!!!!

Jag

Quote from: Primarch on February 16, 2013, 08:42:58 PM
I shall now say to you what my Lady friend said to me earlier this evening when I told her about my friends blog detailed his first experience with Dungeons and Dragons.
*clears throat* Ahem..ahem.

NERD!!!!!

And damn proud of it!

I bought this to stick on the back of my kindle case: Son Goku Decal. ^__^

Primarch

Jag

Quote from: Primarch on February 16, 2013, 08:45:13 PM
That is excellent.

I bought myself some birthday presents. Two of them were DBZ related, the decal was one of them and a deck of playing cards with the characters was the other. My hubby says there are likely few other people in the world that know DB/Z as well as I do.

MzHyde

So who wants to be the Krillin? :D

ShadowFox89

I'm already aiming for the Gohan :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

Quote from: MzHyde on February 16, 2013, 09:24:06 PM
So who wants to be the Krillin? :D

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 16, 2013, 09:27:44 PM
I'm already aiming for the Gohan :P

Now now, no fighting. Everyone will get a chance to be Krillin.

Jag

Quote from: Primarch on February 16, 2013, 09:34:47 PM
Now now, no fighting. Everyone will get a chance to be Krillin.

That sounds like a threat. O_o

ShadowFox89

Think I'm gonna go with Rose for my character's name. Her mother is Tulip and her father is Dr.Andy Lion.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 16, 2013, 09:01:54 PM
PM'ing soon my char concept.

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 16, 2013, 09:48:12 PM
Think I'm gonna go with Rose for my character's name. Her mother is Tulip and her father is Dr.Andy Lion.

I'm going to retire for the night, but if there's something in my PM box when I get on tomorrow I'll reply asap.

Primarch

Replied to both Shadow & Zaer. I'm around for a few hours, I'm around for the next 3 hours or so if you guys are about/get on I'll be happy to try get you sorted.

ShadowFox89

Modified sheet sent in, didn't realize we had 20pts for ki techniques.

If anyone wants to have a connection to Rose, they could have traveled around the world with her in the interim while training for dumb and dumber to arrive.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Jag

I'll PM you, ShadowFox. Maybe we can find something for our girls to connect over. After all, I think Primarch said that they all fought together against Raditz, so they aren't complete strangers by this point.

MzHyde

So how did the fight against Raditz go, exactly? I don't mean in the cartoon series, of course. We all know how that went. I mean for our characters.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, my char case his father was one the five heroes but he died in the action. But he did aid beatting down Raditz so he was not useless.

Jag

It's a bit silly and cliche, but I imagined all of them coming together, fighting and not getting anywhere with Raditz. Then they all get together for one final attack and beat him down with one massive move. Like putting all their energy together and firing it at once at Raditz. *shrugs* Not that I'm expecting it to be that way, nor is it the only thoughts I had about it. I'm sure Primarch has his own thoughts about it.

ShadowFox89

Given that there's 5 of us... we could have just worn him down. He came to Earth, expecting an easy conquer, and instead had a belated battle beat by bodacious babes.

.... Sorry. I had to.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Jag

Pakpoa is kicking the first person to call her 'bodacious'. >.<

MzHyde

Quote from: Michi No Sora on February 17, 2013, 03:02:32 PM
It's a bit silly and cliche, but I imagined all of them coming together, fighting and not getting anywhere with Raditz. Then they all get together for one final attack and beat him down with one massive move. Like putting all their energy together and firing it at once at Raditz. *shrugs* Not that I'm expecting it to be that way, nor is it the only thoughts I had about it. I'm sure Primarch has his own thoughts about it.

Wade's energy projection ability is extremely limited. She has exactly zero 'beam' attacks or anything of the sort. She can't project it far from her body, the best she can do is create a shield around herself or a few people. Most of her ki ability lies in enhancing her punches.

Jag

Quote from: MzHyde on February 17, 2013, 03:23:55 PM
Wade's energy projection ability is extremely limited. She has exactly zero 'beam' attacks or anything of the sort. She can't project it far from her body, the best she can do is create a shield around herself or a few people. Most of her ki ability lies in enhancing her punches.

That's almost just like Pakpoa's ability, except it's used to enhance her kicks and elbow hits. O_o

ShadowFox89

And one of Rose's techniques enhances a palm blow, knife hand strike, or throat punch....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

Quote from: Michi No Sora on February 17, 2013, 03:02:32 PM

Cliched as it is, it was probably something like that.

Quote from: MzHyde on February 17, 2013, 03:23:55 PM
Quote from: Michi No Sora on February 17, 2013, 03:38:23 PM
That's almost just like Pakpoa's ability, except it's used to enhance her kicks and elbow hits. O_o
Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 17, 2013, 03:45:21 PM
And one of Rose's techniques enhances a palm blow, knife hand strike, or throat punch....

It'll be something to talk about.

Jag

Quote from: Primarch on February 17, 2013, 06:55:09 PM
Cliched as it is, it was probably something like that.

Because all stories about groups of high powered individuals coming together always work out the same way. ^__^ Which is not a bad thing. The fun part is making it different with character interaction.

Primarch

Quote from: Michi No Sora on February 17, 2013, 07:02:13 PM
Because all stories about groups of high powered individuals coming together always work out the same way. ^__^ Which is not a bad thing. The fun part is making it different with character interaction.

Well the characters are the underdogs, nobody on the team is as tough as the bad guy, so you gotta come together and dig deep in those reserves to push yourself further then you've ever pushed yourself for that one, last big hit of cocaine!

Jag

MzHyde

I had no idea Doctor Rockso was on the team.

Primarch

Quote from: MzHyde on February 17, 2013, 07:10:36 PM
I had no idea Doctor Rockso was on the team.

In the absence of Master Roshi or Kami, someone has to train you as a team!

ShadowFox89

Don't think this is brought up, but what kind of stuff should we expect in the way of sex and such? I don't think much since you seem to describe this as a one shot that's pretty much going to be a single scene...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Well, my char has just single big nuke punch, then elusive movement + rapid counter attack empowered by Ki, then Ki technique countering parry (which is gamble) and then grip which sucks Ki off from foe and freezes them over slowly overtime. Oh and then single Ki powered rapid assault technique which drops defense for offense (only defense really it being that movement is strange and unpredictable and attacks coming in unexpected angles).

But I agree the Raditz was simply worn down.

ShadowFox89

I'm not describing any of my character's other techniques :P

She has at least one that she didn't use against Raditz, because she was still developing it.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

MzHyde

If we could see everybody's profiles it might be easier to avoid having too many characters with similar abilities.

Primarch

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 18, 2013, 07:14:36 PM
Might not make it guys, sorry :/

Unless I've forgotten someone, you're the only person with a WIP in at the moment. The edits you need to make to be approved could be done in seconds if you keep it simple.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 18, 2013, 07:39:32 PM
I sent in the edits last night >.>

I sent a reply concerning your Crane's Leap's technique. If you didn't get it I can re-send it (unless you sent a reply I didn't get, in which case please send it again).

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 18, 2013, 07:55:44 PM
Could the character thread go up?

Sure. Post up here, I'll add player/character names to the OP as they go up.
If you want surprises up your sleeve, post up as much or as little as you want.
Please remove the points from your app however, that's just a character construction thing. If you'd like to place in a section for power level, you just might learn those during the game via scouter.

BlackestKnight

I think I'm gonna have to drop from the game, I just don't have the time.

ShadowFox89

Wade and Rose are like night and day :P

Can't wait to see the other characters.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

MzHyde

Added some more information to the profile. Just expanding info on her attire and fighting style. It's in spoiler tags, so read if you like. It's basically there for flavor, but it's stuff your character wouldn't know right off the bat.

Silk

I think I'll put in an application for this ;)

Primarch

Primarch

This game is recruiting again, space for one more player.

Oldknight

If the space is still open, I would love to take the spot.

Primarch

Your avatar would suggest so indeed, PM me an application.

Primarch

Primarch

Tydorei

MzHyde

Countdown0

Quote from: Primarch on March 24, 2013, 05:24:35 PM
Space for 1 more!

I'd be interested in filling that spot if you can hold it for me while I get a character together :D
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Primarch

Quote from: Countdown0 on March 24, 2013, 07:46:11 PM
I'd be interested in filling that spot if you can hold it for me while I get a character together :D

I won't be holding the spot for anyone, first app I receive in approvable condition, I'll approve.

Countdown0

Quote from: Primarch on March 24, 2013, 08:34:26 PM
I won't be holding the spot for anyone, first app I receive in approvable condition, I'll approve.

Fair enough, I finished the character app anyway. I'm sending it now :D

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Primarch

Countdown0

So, when should we be ready to post in character? I don't want to end up missing the first day >.>

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Primarch

IC actually started a while ago, a spot opened up when one of our members didn't post for quite some time.

Countdown0

Oh :P

I'm glad I asked. I never would have found it on my own O.o

Anyway, I made my first post =D

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Jmorty33

Is the vacant slot still open? If it is I feel like taking a stab at a fighter character.
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

Primarch

Quote from: Jmorty33 on March 29, 2013, 03:09:04 AM
Is the vacant slot still open? If it is I feel like taking a stab at a fighter character.

Afraid not, but if you'd like to keep an eye on the thread we'll open up if someone drops out or just decide to expand the game.