Southern Honour

Started by Airindel, August 25, 2013, 10:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airindel

Post Civil War.

A former Confederate chooses not to go home to the Deep South. Instead, he becomes estranged from his former family in an attempt to move forward, to begin a new life.

However, his past haunts him when his youngest brother's wife finds him. It is only then that he learns of his brother's death, and of his father's passing, that the family plantation no longer could be kept. He is unmoved, his emotions deadened, cold.

His sister-in-law believes that he ought to see to her care. It was—at least according to her—what family does let alone decent folk—a bachelor brother would marry and tend to the widow of his kin.
There was a suggestion that she should not miss her train, that he was dismissing her...yet it would not be that easy.

Notes:
Looking for someone to play the former Confederate (preferably an older man between 35-40 years).
I'm wanting to explore the relationship between the two, their individual histories and how it has made them the people that they now are... and that two unlikely souls can find a peculiar sort of peace in one another. It is a story about character, and the events that change their lives.

Gender of my writing partner is unimportant so long as the role is convincing, and that there is literacy.  The plot and characters are deliberately vague so the story can be mutually created and built.
Please feel free to check my posts and o/o for compatibility.

Please PM me if interested.
Lips that taste of tears, they say,
Are the best for kissing
~Dorothy Parker

Preferences