Marking November 3rd on my calendar!

Started by Inkidu, September 25, 2009, 03:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DSSMarch23

I've been wondering if this game is user friendly for those of us who haven't played RPG in many, many years...game looks awesome but if the learning curve is too great...

Any thoughts?

Inkidu

Well the learning curve is alright I haven't died yet.

The nice thing about its tactics system is it had some pre-made options "Archer", "Scrapper", "Defender" that will get you through most of the game I'm sure. It has variable difficulty settings so you could play it on easy if it proves too tough.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Chris Brady

Quote from: DSSMarch23 on November 04, 2009, 11:59:33 AM
I've been wondering if this game is user friendly for those of us who haven't played RPG in many, many years...game looks awesome but if the learning curve is too great...

Any thoughts?

Pick the easy difficulty.  I did, and now I am actually surviving.  When I get a feel for the game, I'll try the normal difficulty.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Inkidu

Quote from: Chris Brady on November 04, 2009, 07:17:32 PM
Pick the easy difficulty.  I did, and now I am actually surviving.  When I get a feel for the game, I'll try the normal difficulty.
I'm not finding normal horrible. I'm finding it normal. I killed some mini-boss kind of demon and a ogre. I didn't lose a party member. The thing to keep in mind is you have to work the party angle.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

DSSMarch23

yeah i'm so torn between getting it and getting FIFA or something like that. My xbox 360 is just sitting here rotting to death. The previews for Dragon Age looked sooooo good, I am tempted :)

Avi

Does anyone know where I can unlock the Duelist specialization for a rogue?  For the life of me, I can't figure out where to look.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Chris Brady

Quote from: Inkidu on November 04, 2009, 07:22:10 PM
I'm not finding normal horrible. I'm finding it normal. I killed some mini-boss kind of demon and a ogre. I didn't lose a party member. The thing to keep in mind is you have to work the party angle.

I don't have a good grasp of the system yet, nor do I know how to coordinate well, ergo, Easy for me.  I'm happy you can do Normal.  Me?  I kept failing to survive the bandits at Lothering.

I haven't unlocked anything yet, so I can't say.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

DarklingAlice

I am playing it on nightmare and was about to throw my controller through the TV until I learned how to properly use the tactics system. Most of the pre-set tactics are not optimal and tweaking is required. However, once you figure it out things tend to run pretty smoothly. It went from fights were only one person was left standing at the end and every party member was consistently injured, to taking down an ogre with three out of four still standing. The other thing that helped immensely was remembering to make use of the poison and traps systems. They can make a huge difference in a fight.
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.