<Borderlands> No Rest for the Vault Hunter [Seeking Moxxi & More]

Started by ManyMindsManyVoices, October 17, 2012, 04:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Pentagious666 on October 23, 2012, 02:00:27 AM
Sweet I wonder what the peoples will think of the armor.

"Wonder how much it goes for on the black market..."

ManyMindsManyVoices

My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

Pentagious666

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on October 23, 2012, 02:37:32 AM
"Wonder how much it goes for on the black market..."

Ouch... hahahaha so amakiir do you have your character rockin?
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

AribethAmkiir

Pentagious666

are you set and ready to join in the chaos that will be the borderlands.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on October 23, 2012, 01:44:17 AM
Yeah, CH and I worked on the background together.  I've got tests for the next two days and a clinical on Friday.  I'll try to get my CC up Wednesday but no promises.

Pentagious666

Fair Enough, if there is anything i can do to help, PM me or contact me via here.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Geeklet

Name:  Vanessa
Player: Geeklet
Tagline: Your knife, my back. My gun, your head.

Durability: While capable of taking a few hits, she knows when to pack up her shit and get the hell out of way.
Shield: She tends to use one of Anshin's Skirmisher shields. Slightly below average capacity, but with a quick recharge. Sustained firefights aren't her thing, and she much prefers to stick and move.

Special Ability: Sabre Turret - Vanessa can temporarily digistruct a turret to aid her in a fight.

Weapon Specializations: Pistols (specificially revolvers) and Grenades
Skills: Mag-Lock - Vanessa's turret is capable of sticking to any surface, allowing them to be deployed onto walls and ceilings as well as the ground
Size Ain't Everything - Though her turret is smaller than the normal size, Vanessa has the capability to alter the type of turret digistructed (Rocket Launcher, Flamethrower, etc.)
Now you see me... - While lacking in any technological means to become invisible, that doesn't seem to hinder Vanessa in the slightest. Years of training have allowed her to be able to either hide or blend in with her surroundings rather effectively.

Weapons
Right now? Whatever she can scrounge up. The current contenders are a Jakob's Revolver and one of Maliwan's acidic repeater pistols. Also, after her recent experiences, is likely to never touch anything made by Hyperion. Vanessa also has two grenade mods. One being a high explosive, and the other an incendiary. The first for blowing shit up good, the latter for covering her trail when she needs to hightail it.

Background:
Since she was a teenager, Vanessa worked for Hyperion. It was a variety of jobs at first, but eventually she found her niche in corporate espionage. Sometimes the company had some problems that required a more subtle touch than sending in a crapload of Loaders. And that is where she came in. A year ago, however, she was told that an employee was selling company secrets and needed to be silenced. Only thing is, when she got there, she found out that the employee in question was actually her little sister, who had actually been causing a bit of a ruckus about potential unsafe working conditions.

Shortly thereafter, the company had learned that Vanessa had tendered her resignation with a bullet to her supervisors face, with the words 'I quit" engraved on the leftover casing. Vanessa, knowing that she was the bigger security risk, hid her sister somewhere safe, in case anyone else would come after her, while she herself fled to Pandora. Maybe she could hide out among the vault hunters there. And at the very least, perhaps some of the locals could unwittingly help make life hard for anyone that came after her.

Sexual Interest/Boundaries: Bisexual with a lean towards females, no boundaries except for what is listed in my O/Os

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Looks good so far Geeklet, I imagine there will be a history there with her and Dri, given their mutual connection to Hyperion. I'll PM you the sheet with a few tweaks, but other than a few formatting things I only have one question, which has to do with why she's using a Dahl turret and working for Hyperion. Not to say that it's something that couldn't happen, but Sabre turrets are not something Dahl sells to other companies, so there should be a story there."

Geeklet

Because its the only type of turret I could find information on? If Hyperion makes their own, I'd use that instead. Otherwise, perhaps its some type of prototype they tried to reverse engineer.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Hyperion doesn't really, they're not so much in the soldier game. I'm okay with you doing it, I just think there should be a story. Is it a recent acquisition, or did she steal it so that Hyperion could get a look at the tech? It's likely if she turned it over to Hyperion she wouldn't have been given it back. Maybe she (or some other agent) stole it, and she took it when she left to add to the 'fuck you' of her quitting."

Geeklet

Basically, I just wanted a mini turret I could use to set up traps and stuff... and Hyperion seemed like the place that would be more likely to use spies and such. How she got it, I don't really care. Whatever you think would be best for the story is fine.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"PM sent with the profile with some tweaks to the Sabre turret and a little added info about her guns and how she got the turret."

"Also, I should note, for the sake of visual description, that Sabre Turrets aren't digistructed onto the field. She would digistruct a small 'grenade-like' module and throw that out to deploy the turret."

Pentagious666

This will be fun we have three semi tank types two determined tank types and how many sirens thus far?
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Jinxed One

You got me as a Siren...bit I think I needed to add something to my sheet but I am not sure what that would be...

Pyrkinas

Almost done with my profile, will post it soon, but I'm pretty sure Hyperion has turrets. I remember fighting some when fighting the W4RD3N. In any case, they definitely have those flying drones, which would be interesting for an action skill. I'd do that if I didn't already have my current idea.

Pentagious666

Quote from: Pyrkinas on October 23, 2012, 03:17:18 PM
Almost done with my profile, will post it soon, but I'm pretty sure Hyperion has turrets. I remember fighting some when fighting the W4RD3N. In any case, they definitely have those flying drones, which would be interesting for an action skill. I'd do that if I didn't already have my current idea.

Pyr has an interesting point there is the plasma turrets those hyperion soldiers throw out.  I think the Surveyor would be far mor interesting though.  Fixes you and think you could use it to spy.  You are a corporate spy.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Jinxed One on October 23, 2012, 03:15:29 PM
You got me as a Siren...bit I think I needed to add something to my sheet but I am not sure what that would be...

"We have a sheet template in the third post, everything you need is there. I'll send you a partially setup sheet based on what you've provided."

Quote from: Pyrkinas on October 23, 2012, 03:17:18 PM

"Surveyors... aw... man, that would be a cool Action Skill..."

"As for Hyperion turrets, I don't know much about them, anyway, the Sabre turret being stolen is a workable idea if she wants to use it."

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

"I'm going to start posting world info and rework some of the stuff in the recruitment thread here later tonight."

"If people could check out the Idea thread, it would help to get a better idea on what's going on over there, and hear any other ideas you guys have for the setting."

Pyrkinas

Here's my character so far. Let me know what you think.

Name: Nikolai Reznov    Player: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=18336
Tagline: Nothing to lose but his chains.
Appearance/Description: Nikolai is a lean, olive-skinned man. He has many scars upon his face and body, testament to a past (and present) filled with conflict.

Durability: Nik is no stranger to pain. Through sheer willpower, he can continue to fight long after most others would fall incapacitated from wounds and fatigue. However, he wears no armor to speak of, and even the toughest of men can be brought down by a well-placed bullet.
Shield: Low capacity, very fast recharge Tediore shield, meant to facilitate rapid hit-and-run attacks.

Special Ability: Nikolai's personal Digistruct Module is specially modified to create health stims, and his experience as a combat medic allows him to apply them to miraculous effect, to himself and others. The complicated chemistry involved in crafting these stims requires a greater energy draw than digistructing weaponry, so there is a relatively short delay between each use of this ability.

Weapon Specializations: Assault Rifles, Pistols, Spiked Chain.
Skills: Leadership and tactical ability; Expert knowledge of field medicine.

Weapons
Expansive Renegade - A simple, reliable Vladof assault rifle with an extended 50 round clip and a high rate of fire, though with mediocre damage and accuracy.

Ornery Iron - This Jakobs-made revolver is all about power. It holds six shots and is fitted with a laser sight, giving it a boost in accuracy. Of course, how accurate it truly is depends on the skill of the user.

Spiked Chain - Nikolai wields a large, spiked chain as a melee weapon. It is mostly carried symbolically, though Nik knows how to use it relatively effectively in combat and as an improvised tool should the need arise.

Background: At the time Nikolai Reznov was born, his home planet was little more than a glorified lumber mill owned by the Jakobs corporation. The majority of the colonists on this planet were underpaid laborers, and the company's rule was tantamount to slavery in the eyes of the people. At the young age of 15, Nikolai became one of the founding members of a Vladof-backed revolution. Using one of their rifles and a revolver pried from the cold, dead hands of one of his former oppressors, the boy was a key figure in driving Jakobs away from the planet in just a few short years. Unfortunately, Vladof and the other rebel leaders were no better than their former masters, once they took charge. The common man suffered once again, and Nik fled the planet in disgust. Since then, he was traveled the known universe making a living as a mercenary. He has now been on Pandora for some time, a new home he sees as the only truly lawless and free place there is. Violent and brutal, certainly, but free.

Sexual Interest/Boundaries: Nikolai is open to sexual practices of all kinds, if not exactly particularly interested in any of them. He does, however, despise forced sex with the same hatred he feels for any other kind of oppression.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Hey, so... Are any of the current major characters not Vault Hunters. Dri isn't, really, and Gaige is more of a part-timer. What about the rest of you? Are any of you out there not quite out and adventuring?"

Pentagious666

I could make a side folk if you like, but Cain is probably going to be bandit deturrant to start with, whatever town you start in that is.  When asked he will step up and become a hunter but until then eh.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?