News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

One Blue Campus - Super Bowl Blue

Started by That Blue One, February 05, 2012, 10:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

That Blue One

February 2nd, 2012

It's Super Bowl Sunday- or it is, was, whatever.  I watched the first half of the game with a bunch of people down in the lounge, at a hall government-catered party.  I admit, the food was good- chicken, pizza, soda, and... oh, crap.  There goes my resolve to start that diet this week, damn it.

You know how they say that calories at major holidays don't count?  Well... I don't care if the pizza guy pulled a Tebow, or you got some quarterback's supermodel girlfriend to pray for it, six chicken drumsticks, three slices of supreme pizza, and two cups of ginger ale still have a crapload of calories in them. I guess the first thing I need to do is learn to control what I eat, you know?    I really don't want to know how many times I'm going to have to climb that stupid hill to make up for tonight. 

Yeah, that's how I get my exercise- I admit I'm overweight, but well... one of my friends works the counter on the nights that I have off, and those are the nights I've been supposed to have been going in to work out for an hour or so.  Which I haven't done since I told her I was going to do it as a new year's resolution.  Yeah.  Good going, Blue.

They put a tour group through here on Friday- you can tell when the tour groups are coming through, because the cafeteria food was strangely... edible.  Chicken strips, if you can believe it.  Actual, tasty, yummy,  not-as-bad-for-you chicken strips.  (Has that happened to any other students?  You know, you suddenly get actual, decent food in your cafeterias because a tour group is coming through?)  I'm getting kind of sick of having to wait for the cafeteria to serve something edible so I don't break down and binge on take-out.  But that's just an excuse.  I have bread, peanut butter and preserves in my room so if the menu doesn't look too terribly good, I can just eat one of them.

Related to the above story... I've been doing a lot of thinking, and due to many good changes in my life (diet, exercise, girlfriend, grades), I've filed for an on-campus apartment- or rather, put my name in for three of the complexes on campus.  Let's face it- if I have a kitchen, well... it'll be easier for me to eat healthier- and it'd even be cheaper, because I'd cut my meal plan completely- saving me about $3,600 a year- which I can spend on the essentials instead of having to worry about things coming through and covering what I owe on the rest of the tuition.  Not to mention the girlfriend is crazy about cooking things.  I count that as a good thing- I think.

But yeah, when it comes to losing weight, you have to work for it in the cafeterias.  A salad bar is your friend- when they actually have good lettuce (non-wilted, non-browned).  I've had to ask for new lettuce before.  Good going, MCU.  You can run a stupid contest to sell more chips out of the vending machines, but you can't get the cafeteria staff to replace brown, nasty lettuce in the salad bar without me asking.  Nice to see your priorities are straight.

shazame2002