Eveoria: Dawn of Man Recruiting (In need of new people Elves, Nymphs Discovered)

Started by Untamed Skies, January 16, 2015, 04:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LuciferOs

Player Name: LuciferOs     
Character Name: Jenifer Swaye                             
Sex: Hermaphrodite
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Role: Fitness trainer
Magical Talent: Telekinesis.

Former Occupation: Accountant and Fitness trainer
Skills: Long distance running, accounting, logistics, Sewing, camping.
Appearance: Like all hermaphrodites, Jenifer does have a penis instead of a cliterous, she is lithe, six feet tall, 73 kilos, C cup bust.
Personality: Calm and soft mannered
Background:

Jenifer has been wealthy for all of her life and was married to another women in the real world, things were going as well as one could hope before she appeared, and Jenifer tries not to moan about it to others, knowing they would be experiencing the same thing.

Jenifer believes making the best of what the circumstances offer is the only way forward and tries her best not to think of the past. Since arriving Jenifer has offered fitness classes to any who feel like joining her, and does have accounting skills which she hopes to use once a currency is adopted by the community.

Although a dominate personality by some standards, she has no desire to lead if others about are cabable. Since the appearance of magic, Jenifer has focused her attentions towards its development while not performing other duties. She is a strong believer in adopting magic properly to gain a foothold in the world and does practice telekinesis with others that also have manifested the same ability.

Family: Other than her wife, Jenifer had two sisters and an extended family in the real world, none have joined her in the new world. She misses them desperately and is worried about how much they would worry about her. She hopes somehow to give a message to them that she is ok, but she doesn't hold much hope of that happening.
Important Equipment: Running attire.
That's right ! Lucifer is a woman !
Active threads
See my role play preferences (underneath my picture) for my ons and offs

Chreestafer

Player Name: Chreestafer
Character Name: Kyler Bishop                   
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Omni - Curious
Role: Military skills, combat knowledge (teaching hand to hand fighting), Survival skills
Magical Talent: Telekinesis, it's minor at the time being, he can only lift and move objects that weigh about 5 pounds.  He hasn't tried anything bigger since his nose tends to bleed when lifting 5 pounds.
Former Occupation: United States Navy SEAL
Skills: Survival Skill, Military experience, combat skills
Appearance: Before appearing in this world, Kyler was injured in the line of duty.  An RPG struck his hummer pinning him under it as it burned.  The results of this are severe burn scars on his left chest up his left arm and a bit on his left neck side. After this he got tattoos  (as in the photo) to hide these scars, yet they can still be made out behind the ink.
Personality: Quiet and a bit reserved at the beginning, but he is generally a nice guy when he opens up.  He tries to play the stoic hardass but his heart shows more often then not.
Background: Kyler was born to a drunk of a father and drug addicted mother who worried more about her next high then if her children ate. At age 5, Kyler and his older brother Thomas witness a horrid incident.  Their useless father beat their mother to death in front of them in a drunken stupor.  After realizing his actions he then took his own life leaving the two boys alone.  After many legal battles their grandmother took them in and taught them how to be proper young boys.  Raising them in the church and helping them with school. 

However the tormented images still plagued Kyler and as he became a teen he began to express his  feelings through his fists.  In four years he changed 7 different high schools all for fighting.  His grades were amazing, he was an A plus student.  Yet the fights almost ended him.

When he turned 18, Kyler was still in high school and still fighting.  Yet this time around he had taught a 17 year old boy.  And the boys parents pressed charges of assaulting a minor.  He faced some hard times ahead of him.  But he did have one choice, jail or military service. There he spent the rest of his life turning himself around.  He graduated as a Navy Seal, and became a better man. His life took for the worst as his hummer was hit by an RPG and flipped.  He was pinned under the burning wreckage as he watched as others were being shot.  He screamed for help before blanking out. 

4 months in a coma passed before he woke.  Tragic news seemed to always find him.  He found out that while he was in a coma his grandmother had passed away, and all she left him was the note she set next to him when he was first in a coma. He hated himself and years after his habits turned to drinking to forget the dreams and pain that came from the burns.  On his 32nd birthday he bought himself a bottle of jack, some sleeping pills, and at that he went to his apartment to end it all.  He sat there on the bed as the tears came streaming down.  The empty bottle of jack and sleeping pills to his left while the still blood covered knife lay in his right hand as his wrists bled everywhere.  The world and the pain became a blur.

That was until he woke up on the cold floor of the building in the new world.

At first he was a bit secluded from the others, feeling this was a form of purgatory or even hell.  His wrists weren't scared where he had cut them and this made him curious as ever to find out why.  Finally after days of seclusion he broke out of his shell becoming a good member to the growing community.  He offered his skills in combat and survival assisting anyone who would listen to him.  When the powers began to appear in everyone he found himself in his room late at night.  He was crying once more, the thoughts of his actions and his past pains still haunting him.  Anger coursed through him and he found he had thrown his bag across the room with just a thought.  As the blood dripped down his nose he began to realize he was meant for bigger better things.  Now when he isn't helping building or out on "missions" for the community he can be found training his skills either alone or with others.

Family: No one of importance.  He has a brother living on the west coast but hasn't talked to him in years. The brother is not in the new world.
Important Equipment: Dressed in his digital desert camos, with backpack filled with area map (useless now), water canteen, Survival knife, 25 foot rope, flint and steel, thermal blanket, and a letter from his grandmother saying she loved him and was proud of him dated from 4 years ago.

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Lady Sakura

All these profiles look really good! Can't wait to see them in action.

Hazy Sky

Just submitted for consideration...

Player Name: Skyre
Character Name: Shay 'Corvo' Gallowglass
Sexual Orientation: Hetero-sexual
Role: Skulk about. Bellow orders if he's asked to. Teach the Spanish school ofswordsmanship if he's asked to.

Magical Talent: Blink. Shay can almost instantaneously move from one point to another up to fifty feet away. He has to be able to see the point that he intends to move to there has to be no physical obstacle in his path to prevent him from moving there. He does not teleport, but rather moves or blinks to the location at incredible speed. He can use blink in combat and can blink up to four times in quick succession, but would then have to catch his breath, so to speak.

Former Occupation: Mercenary officer or sellsword. In particular Shay trained and lead a unit of skirmishers, so he is used to sneaking about, adapting and thinking on his feet and using unorthodox tactics.

Skills: Military, agriculture (very rusty.He grew up around farming, but hasn't been involved in it for years), horse riding and skulking about.

Appearance: Shay is dressed in clothes that were once very smart and formal. However he has been wearing those clothes for a very long time and they're not so fine any more. He wears a long military coat of black leather with worn gold braiding and a charcoal grey shirt and a breaches. On his feet are black riding boots, much worn and very comfortable. This dark ensemble was the uniform of his regiment,which in turn was derived from his family's own traditions. His nickname Corvo is a reference to his dark clothing and hair.
  Shay himself is not particularly remarkable. He is neither particularly attractive or tall. He does not move with grace and elegance. He wears his black hair long in a ponytail, tied with a scrap of ribbon and although he is always clean shaven he always has what we would call a six o'clock shadow. Being clean shaven every morning is one of the few things that he is very particular about. His green eyes are bright and observant and he is often smiling. His skin has been darkened and worn by the sun and the wind. Shay keeps himself in very good shape, because it sets the right example to his men and because it is important to allow him to continue improving his skill with the sword.

Personality Shay is at peace with himself and the world. He knows he can be a bad person and do bad things, but so can other people. He knows that he doesn't have everything that he hopes for in life, but he also knows that there are those who have even less than he. He knows he can handle most things that the world or other men can throw at him and the his mettle has been tested in the heat of battle and not found wanting. He is a natural Explorer and is curious about the world around him, not afraid of it.
He is not particularly formal and approaches most situations and people with a laugh and a smile. He likes a drink, but when drunk he does become argumentative and hot tempered. The rest of the time he is cool under pressure and is unphased by setbacks or adversity.
He's an officer and is used to having his orders obeyed when he gives them. He considers himself to be an honourable man and a gentleman and would not react well to either of those ideas being questioned or impuned. Soldiers and mercenaries in particular don't have a great reputation and skirmishers are even less well thought of and Shay knows it.
Whilst his father was passionate about the cause of Irish independence Shay is much more lukewarm on the subject. Neither is he overtly religious. He's seen too many men's prayers to God go unanswered to believe any more.

Background
Shay is a soldier from a family of soldiers. His father was a soldier, his grandfather was a soldier and he is a soldier. The fact that he is a soldier who fights for money is no disgrace in his eyes. He joined the Spanish army at 17 as a Lieutenant, the only commission he could afford to buy. He's a Captain now, in charge of the skirmishing regiment that he has personally trained. At least that was until a week ago. His men were skirmishing ahead of the army as usual and he settled down for the night in a local tavern. When he woke up he was in a strange house in a strange city and apart from the items stashed under his bed, everything familiar had disappeared.

Family: There are two kinds of mercenary officer. Those who already have money and wealth and prospects. They attract beautiful women with expensive tastes and those who have to work for what they have and do not. Shay falls into the later category. That is he has no one but himself to take care of. Because of the nature of his work he has not seen his family in several years. His father is dead, but his mother is still alive and his sister has recently married.

Important Equipment: His Spanish backsword and dagger. His coat. His shaving kit. These were all stowed under his bed when we went to sleep and are the only possessions he still had when he woke up in this God forsaken place.
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Warlock

You mentioned Vampires and Werewolves, beings that are commonly able to inflict their condition upon others so would that mean that the human characters could become one of them? Other mythical creatures, such as the wendigo with its connection to cannibalism, require that you do certain practices or actions before joining their ranks, would that also be a possibility of becoming something else?

Chreestafer

So what kind of threats are we going to experience in this new world? Are we aloud to express our own ideas for threats via pm?

Also in this new village, what's our population going to look like?  Is this a huge city with thousands of people?  Or are we looking at hundreds? 
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Untamed Skies

Quote from: Warlock on January 18, 2015, 05:26:52 AM
You mentioned Vampires and Werewolves, beings that are commonly able to inflict their condition upon others so would that mean that the human characters could become one of them? Other mythical creatures, such as the wendigo with its connection to cannibalism, require that you do certain practices or actions before joining their ranks, would that also be a possibility of becoming something else?

Yes as these creatures are discovered there is the possibility of becoming one or being turned by one. We already have events planned for Werewolves and Vampires, and we could add Wendigo to the list. Though if your plan is to use those type of creatures you should be aware, they'll likely be hunted. Most people don't enjoy being eaten after all.

Untamed Skies

Quote from: Chreestafer on January 18, 2015, 10:07:21 AM
So what kind of threats are we going to experience in this new world? Are we aloud to express our own ideas for threats via pm?

Also in this new village, what's our population going to look like?  Is this a huge city with thousands of people?  Or are we looking at hundreds?

To answer your first question: Threats will come in all shapes and forms, there are the obvious ones you'd expect in this kind of world: Orcs, Trolls, Goblins, sprinkle in some undead, possibly a dragon, vampires, werewolves, etc. As well as Humans in their own city, just because they are in a new world doesn't mean everyone will play nice.

Threats may also depend on players responses to the world around them: Such as disrespecting or acting with hostility towards elves, dwarves, or any other normally peaceful civilization.

Players are more then welcome to pm us ideas for creatures to plan events for. As well as more then welcome to PM us and run events of their own to introduce these races/characters if they so choose to do so.

Edit: Players are also welcome to create their own race, so long as it isn't something to far out there, we can add it to the mythos. We'd be happy to allow players contribute to the mythos of the world as we build upon and discover it.

To answer your second question: We have not yet come up with a exact number we want to go with. The underlying idea for this game is to explain where in this high fantasy world, the race of man came from. So we're thinking thousands of people within this city, so they can defend themselves from hordes of orcs and other barbaric and warring civilizations.

Warlock

Quote from: Untamed Skies on January 18, 2015, 10:19:49 AM
Yes as these creatures are discovered there is the possibility of becoming one or being turned by one. We already have events planned for Werewolves and Vampires, and we could add Wendigo to the list. Though if your plan is to use those type of creatures you should be aware, they'll likely be hunted. Most people don't enjoy being eaten after all.

Thanks for answering. We'll see how it plays out in-game, though I'm leaning towards my character being turned into something.

Chreestafer

OK thanks for the answers!

I'll pm you later with my idea.
Ons and Offs
F-List

Untamed Skies

Can't wait to see your ideas

Also for those interested I've created 2 maps, one of the terrain of the continent the game takes place on, and one of the known world to the humans so far

Terrain Map
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Known World Map: Note the numbers are sections that need to be explored (post with explorers out in those areas during the month and they will be revealed), as they are explored no sections pop up to explore.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Chreestafer

I just pmed you a message with an idea thatll hopefully work out :)
Ons and Offs
F-List

Loves

Player Name: Loves     
Character Name: Richelle Lynn Woods                             
Sex: Female
Role: Medical Worker
Magical Talent: Has a psychic link shared with her sister Bailey
Former Occupation: Nurse
Skills: Medical Training - wilderness search and rescue

Appearance:
Hair: Long dark brown
Eyes: deep brown, with golden flecks
Weight: 106 lbs
Height: 5’1”
Other Distinguishing Features: A tattoo on the small of her back of angel wings
Physical Description: Standing at five feet one inch, her expressive eyes glow with pleasure when happy. Her smile is always friendly and often there is a laugh tripping from her lips, rich and throaty and smooth like velvet.

Personality: Driven, and hard working, Richelle is very protective of her younger sister, often giving up her own dreams in order to make sure her sister achieves what she wants most. Richelle can be serious at times, seeing life as a battle rather than an adventure. She has a big heart, making an excellent nurse, getting to know her patience well. She is kind and caring, and selfless.

Background: Having lost her folks in a car accident at the age of 18, Richelle took on the role of both mother and father to her younger sister Bailey, while at the same time going to school. She had wanted to become a doctor, however with her life changing in that one fateful night Richelle switched career goals, choosing to go into nursing to allow her to spend more time with her sister and reach her career goal faster.

Richelle spent her life working and taking care of Bailey until that one day when she met Brent. They fell in love and planned to marry, however before they could continue with their plans Brent was called away to war where he was caught in crossfire and passed away a hero after saving several innocent children.

*Note*  The night Richelle transported to the new world was the night after Brent’s funeral.

Family: Bailey Jane Woods :  age 19 (also transported to the new world)
Brent Miller: Fiancee (deceased)
Helen Woods: Mother (deceased)
Robert Woods: Father (deceased)

Important Equipment: Medical Bag and first aid kit, gym bag with workout clothes - yoga attire and running shoes - bottles of water and trail mix.

Player Name: Loves     
Character Name: Bailey Jane Woods                           
Sex: female
Role: explorer
Magical Talent: Has a psychic link shared with her sister Richelle
Former Occupation: School of the Arts student - Ballerina
Skills: Incredibly fit and strong, with all of her years training as a professional dancer she has a high endurance level and flexibility.

Appearance:
Hair: Long dark brown
Eyes: deep brown, with golden flecks
Weight: 123 lbs
Height: 5’5”
Other Distinguishing Features: A tattoo on the small of her back of angel wings
Physical Description: Standing at five feet, five inches tall, her expressive eyes glow with pleasure when happy. Her smile is always friendly, though she is much shyer than her sister. She is soft spoken, and quiet, often holding in her opinion rather than sharing it with others.

Personality: Bailey can easily be overlooked by her quiet  and shy nature. Brought up by her sister after her parents died in a car accident when she was only eight years old, Bailey clung to her sister as if frightened that she would lose her too.

Bailey is sweet and introspective aspiring artist (dancer). Although visually striking, she often feels uncomfortable when her looks draw attention. Her biggest weakness is her inability to love and trust freely. Her tendency to avoid real situation that may be emotionally difficult to deal with often gives the impression that she is more stuck up than she actually is. In fact, Bailey is often impressed by those around her who seem to be much more open and able to live and love freely when she is reluctant to trust others. She can have difficulty following her emotions at times, fearful of making a mistake and putting her heart on the line. Rather than follow her heart, she justifies and overthinks everything resulting in keeping her frozen, unable to take that leap of faith, keeping her labeled as a wall flower.

Her relationship with her sister is the most open and honest relationship in her life. Richelle is the one person that Bailey trusts without question.

Background: Having had her parents taken from her at the tender age of eight, Bailey changed from a fun loving, easy going young girl to a quiet, scared little girl with sad eyes. Her only saving grace was her older sister, Richelle, who gave up everything to give Bailey as “normal” a life as she could have without parents. Bailey remained quiet, pulling away from her friends (who didn’t seem to know how to talk with her anymore) Bailey threw herself into her dance lessons, showing a commitment that went beyond the typical.  Her dance instructor called this to Richelle’s attention, indicating that she thought Bailey had what it took to become a professional dancer. After a discussion with her sister, Bailey chose (with the support and aid of her sister Richelle) to eat, sleep and breath ballet, giving up everything else (including any kind of personal life a teenager might have) to study hard and practice day and night.  One of her happiest moments was being accepted into the school of dance in New York City. 

Family: Richelle Lynn Woods :  age 29 (also transported to the new world)
Brent Miller: Sister’s Fiancee (deceased)
Helen Woods: Mother (deceased)
Robert Woods: Father (deceased)

Important Equipment: pen knife and a keychain flashlight, gym bag with dance attire and ballet slippers, and various fruit… an apple and an orange.
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Auctor

Hello everybody whom I have not said hi to yet I'm enjoying all your characters and i think they will make great additons to the game

Loves

(waves to Kargrisaka)

looking forward to the game starting :)
ON HIATUS AGAIN

LimitlessNikkie

Lovely characters Loves! looks like such an interesting group so far.

Loves

Thank you Nikkie, that's very nice of you to say

:)

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Hazy Sky

All the characters look great so far. God only knows what Shay will make of all the people from the future.
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

summoner2183

Player Name: summoner2183   
Character Name: Edward DuValle                       
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Role: Medical Personnel
Magical Talent: Aquamancy (with some healing effects)
Former Occupation: Doctor
Skills: Medicine, Survival Skills, Basic Surgery, Orthopedics and Paediatrics
Appearance: Edward is about six foot tall, with a lean but slightly muscular phyisque. His hands are slightly rough and callused due to his profession dealing with medical swabs and sometimes he has light scars on his fingers due to the work that he does as a medical practicioner.
Personality: Edward is a little bit gruff on the outside, though that does not reflect his true personality as a friendly and caring person. His brusque demeanor is usually used on people who don't take their health seriously or people who come to him for healing when they are in the late stages of their diseases.
Background: Edward was an up and coming doctor in one of the hospitals in America, and he had finished up a major surgery one day and turned early to rest as it was his off day tomorrow and he was planning to hang out with his doctor buddies for a drink and maybe play a casual game of golf together... but all that changed when he woke up in an unfamiliar place, a home where the walls were made up of stone bricks. Exiting the building, he found himself staring an unfamiliar village with people who also look as confused as he was.

He soon found out that he was in a place called Eveoria and it was evident that this was not Earth judging by the two moons he saw in the sky shining brightly at night, and he was not the only person that woke up here in this new realm. As time goes by, he realized that there wasn't much in terms of medical facilities here and he did what he could when people got sick. It was then he found out that somehow he and the rest of the people who arrived here gained some sort of ability, and his was water manipulation, though he noted that the waters he is able to summon has a minor healing effect to it. Glad that he had gained a useful power, he vows to use this newfound power to aid those who are in need.

Family: None, as he is an orphan and he does not know who his parents are.

Important Equipment: A First Aid Kit, a book as well as a small pocket flashlight and some cereal bars.

Loves

I will just stare at his picture while you work

-sighs happily-

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

InnocentSynn

Completed and Approved!

Can't wait to get this RP rolling....

Player Name: Josh Arcanum     
Character Name: Clayton Striker                             
Role: Explorer
Magical Talent: He has a very limit talent for pyrokinesis.  He can create small fireballs and manipulate them to light areas or start cooking fires, but it lacks the size and intensity to be used as a weapon.
Former Occupation: Sergeant in an Army Recon Battalion
Skills: Tracking, Hand-to-Hand Combat, Small Arms Combat, Survival Skills, Basic Medical Training
Appearance: Piercing blue eyes, midlength blonde hair, and a light beard over a strong jaw form Clayton’s face.  His body is lean strong from years of hard work in the field and lots of time in the gym.  He has several dogtag tattoos down his right arm to honor fallen soldiers that he was deployed with.  He also has a scar on the right side of his ribcage from where a bullet grazed him during a firefight during his first tour of duty.
Personality: Clayton has always been a bit on the quiet and serious side, traits that served him well in the military.  He is an extremely determined man, refusing to let anything stand in the way of a goal he might have.  He also is in possession of the very crass and sometimes vulgar sense of humor, the result of six years in the military.  While he might be a bit difficult to get close to at first, once you’ve earned his trust and friendship, he is loyal to a fault and will never betray his friends.
Background: Never a model student, Clayton knew from a fairly early age that joining the military was how he was going to make his way in the world.  Enlisting into the Army right out of high school, he was assigned to an Infantry Battalion and spent two years there before transferring into a Recon Battalion.  He served four tours in Afghanistan and Iraq and received basic medical training as well as survival skills in order for him to handle long stints in the field.  Since arriving on the New World, he has spent most of his time getting the lay of the land near the city.  Eventually he plans to push out further in hopes of finding how they were brought here and why.
Family: Clayton is an only child and his parents both passed on several years prior in a tragic car accident.  He has a few Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins back on their old planet, but since he joined the military he’s had very little contact with them.
Important Equipment: His Assault Pack with a flashlight, k-bar, emergency medical kit, and various other bits a bobs typically carried within.

Untamed Skies

Quote from: Crash on January 18, 2015, 05:59:15 PM
Seriously thinking about this one.

You'd be more then welcome

QuoteCan't wait to get this RP rolling....

We'll start getting life injected in the next couple of days. Still hoping to catch a little more interest.

Loves

When  we know if our characters are accepted.
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Untamed Skies

Quote from: Loves on January 18, 2015, 06:13:53 PM
When  we know if our characters are accepted.

We'll give you a poke. Kargisaka has just had a busy weekend, waiting to chat with him for final confirmation. You'll all know by the end of the night with the ones submitted.