Deception II: The Deceptening - Game Thread - Final Round, ready to run!

Started by Galactic Druid, March 21, 2016, 01:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clio

Personally I think I'd put Dirty Water under poisoning. Well, maybe. 50/50 chance I think.

Maybe that's just me.

But yeah. I need to take a better look, but hopefully tonight I can get a more in depth list up for myself. And it usually is too early for guesses, although the first two clues are the most important.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Ryven

General Impression - Common, Creative, Fishy, Cruel, Horrible, Suspenseful

yugi006

Madame Professor

Hmm... Maybe it's not as straightforward as we thought?

Ryven could be trying to point us towards something less obvious, like the Banknote or Video Camera.

Otherwise, I got nothing for this one.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Phoenixrisen

Or he could be hoping that we'll put together that Mercury was used as the poison given it can be a real concern with some fish...
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Remiel

Quote from: Phoenixrisen on April 11, 2016, 05:00:27 PM
Or he could be hoping that we'll put together that Mercury was used as the poison given it can be a real concern with some fish...

Look at Detective Phoenix Holmes, over here!

mia h

If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Phoenixrisen

I could maybe see that too, along with the blender to blend up some poison. Is possible Yugi isn't thoroughly lacking in implication.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

yugi006

Well I nothing that does any poisoning so cat doesn't work here.

I think Ryven just got a bad draw with clues.

Clio

Quote from: Phoenixrisen on April 11, 2016, 05:00:27 PM

That is an excellent idea.

yugi006

That might be stretching it a bit with Mercury and fishy cause the clue is General Impression.

Mercury could still be the murder weapon as it can be used in poisoning someone.

Clio

Quote from: yugi006 on April 11, 2016, 06:28:24 PM
That might be stretching it a bit with Mercury and fishy cause the clue is General Impression.

Mercury could still be the murder weapon as it can be used in poisoning someone.

If he got dealt bad cards, we have to use everything we have. And just because it's general impression doesn't mean he can't use it to help with the murder weapon. After all, we only have murder weapon and evidence to go on. Mercury can be used in poisoning someone and we've already said that Minty has Dictionary as a possibility for bookstore. I'm not saying that is for sure the right combination, but I'm saying that Fishy for Mercury is hardly a stretch. I think Phoenix's idea was a very strong possibility.

yugi006

It could be true but perhaps it has nothing to do with it at all. We will just have to wait and see.

I think Mint's Banknotes could also work with the bookstore.

Mintprincess

Ugh, those clues are painful :(   Ok here we go though.

Remiel: Radiation or Powdered Drug // Confidential letter, possibly Antique if there wasn't a location card that fit that

mia h: clear because I see nothing poisoning on hers

MP:   Poisonous Gas,  Wine, // Again maybe button?  But I don't think I would have picked bookstore for that. Maybe there wasn't any other store, but some room in the house might have worked better?

Yugi: Clear, same reason

Rapt: Venomous Snake, but nothing really for bookstore.  Unless he was thinking you buy the water there, like college bookstores usually have a bunch of drinks too.   But it's a stretch.

Christa:  Alcohol // Note  (Switch?  What is this? Lightswitch?)

Mintprincess: Chemicals, Mercury // Banknote (weird translation, it's cash), Dictionary  (As pointed out)

pheonixrisen: Dirty Water //  Magazine, maybe Numbers?   

Clio

Galactic Druid

A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

yugi006

It definitely would but we just got to work with what you have.

Ryven

Time Of Death - Dawn, Morning, Noon, Afternoon, Evening, Night

~~~

Murderer's Personality - Arrogant, Despicable, Furious, Greedy, Forceful, Perverted

Remiel

Hrm.  Perverted would seem to hint at Phoenix's Magazine.  Got nothing for Morning, though.  Although, I find it interesting that Ryven chose Morning and not Dawn.

Galactic Druid

CHrista likes to sleep in a little bit before she gets to murdering.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Mintprincess

Maybe he's trying to indicate the murderer is a guy given that men are usually considered perverts? Most of the players are women so that could be how he's trying to narrow it down?

Phoenixrisen

At the risk of looking like I'm trying to make wild accusations cause the finger got dubiously pointed towards me, some book stores sell video games/consoles as a well. Only like huge chain's generally but it can happen, and it would be rather fishy to poison someone with a video game console as well as a bit perverted. Stockings and switches could be considered "perversions".

It could also be a hint towards blender, a lot of people who are doing certain diets make themselves smoothies for breakfast, and poisoning someone's food is a bit perverted, fishy could then be pointing towards the cat, and a lot of bookstores have bells on their front doors.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Mintprincess

Quote from: Remiel on April 13, 2016, 01:22:38 PM
OR, Ryven could be saying Pervert = Dirty = Cleaning Cloth?

Where is Sera and his dildo now?! ::)

Ok I would have to go back through to see how that might have applied to anything else.  Who had cleaning cloth?

-------

-reads Phoenix's-

Good points.  When I am home I'll update the lists that Remy and I have been doing unless he wants to take on the charge.

Remiel

Mmmm.  I don't think Ryven would use Poisoning for a Blender, though.  I think he'd probably put Severe Injury for that one.

Also, people typically clean in the morning, which is making me really lean toward Mercury / Cleaning Cloth at this point.