Surviving the Wild West OOC

Started by Kaizen, July 14, 2010, 12:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaizen

RP IS ACCEPTING NEW PLAYERS

Setting: A booming gold rush town in the Sierra Nevada Mountains in 1849

Plot: People from all walks of life join the mass exodus to California with one goal in mind: Get rich or die trying.

Gunslingers, lawmen, gamblers, horse thieves, preachers
- all are welcome -
but if you get too out of line a posse could be coming after you!
(meaning that character death could be commonplace)

Post a short/brief character description
profession
anything else that may be important

~ The Players ~

Kevben Battleheart as Sam Miller – Preacher / Undertaker

Edhel Tari as Emma – Saloon Performer / “Pleasure Girl”

Cheka Man as William Marwood – Sheriff / Hangman

Kaizen as Pedro – Town Drunk / Miner

Dunnuck as Jacob 'Grizzly' Jackson - Outlaw

Asmodai510 as Wyatt Redding – Bounty Hunter / gunslinger

KatewithCurves as Kate Thomas - Gambler

LongN4 as Jack Li / Snake-Oil Salesman

Kevben Battleheart

Name: Sam Miller

Brief description: Sam is just like any other man, only he is filled with an almost unshakable faith and a vision to see to it that everyone repents for any sin that they committed, no matter how big or how small it may be. He also has a couple of vices of his own, mostly drinking and smoking, but he also gambles on occasion.

Profession: Preacher (also the Undertaker)

Appearance: http://newsblaze.com/pix/2007/0421/pix/angel.jpg

Anything else: He also carries on him a small hammer that he keeps hid under his coat.

If you need more then tell me, for I will be willing to edit this.
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Edhel Tari

Name:  Emma

Profession:  Saloon performer and "pleasure girl"

Brief description:  Emma's family was heading west.  They had a huge family, plus her mother had just had a new baby.  They had plenty of daughters, it was sons they needed.  So when they stopped off  briefly in this gold rush town, the local saloon owner offered them more money than they had ever seen before for their oldest teenage daughter, so they took it; leaving Emma behind with no other skill but her body.  So she worked in the saloon entertaining the clients with her singing, dancing and other requests, which came often.   Her one dream, to get out of that town one day with the money she had been able to save through the years.

Appearance: 

Anything else:  She keeps a very sharp knife in her garter belt for protection.
"For thy sweet love remembered such wealth brings, That then I scorn to change my state with kings"
(Shakespeare)

Cheka Man

Name-William Marwood
Profession Sheriff/Hangman
Age 32
Appearance Brown eyes, brown hair, somewhat plump, 5  feet 10 inches tall
Anything else that may be important-He has a deep respect for the law and a deep dislike for those who break it, and has hanged,after a reasonably fair trial, several of those criminals that he caught as the Sheriiff.

Kaizen

Good to meet you all!  The RP has started: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=75565.msg3297880#msg3297880  Join in anytime you like.

Name - Pedro
Profession - Town Drunk / miner
Age - he's been 25 for a few years
Appearance - Pedro is an average looking mexican, usually covered in dirt and grime from mining.  His closest friends are a double barrel shotgun and a bottle of whiskey.  He wears a sombrero and has a huge handlebar mustache.
Anything else - It is rumored that Pedro has found a nice vein of gold somewhere in the mountains.  He protects this secret adamantly and has unloaded his trusted double barrel more than once while protecting his secret.

Kaizen

We're off to what I think is a great start.  Good stuff!

I'll be posting tomorrow - my weekends are usually spent away from the computer.

Kai-

asmodai510

Name: Wyatt Redding

A man with a strict code, though only he really knows what that code is Wyatt has just rode into town.

Dunnuck

Name: Jacob 'Grizzly' Jackson
Profession: An Outlaw, "The Grizzly Bear"
Appearance: Grizzly stands about six foot and has brown hair that goes to his ears. He has a roughly shaven face and a scar on his left cheek.
Other Stuff: He is skilled in fighting, but not many other things. He owes debts to some dangerous people and he is commonly seen as an loose cannon outlaw, though his personality seems different. Yes, he is dangerous, but only to those that are aggressive with him. He has a odd sense of morales but an odd set of them.

Jacob is a man commonly misunderstood because of public views of him. He has standards and rules and often plays off people's misunderstandings to his advantage. He has a high bounty on his head, but the information for the bounty is largely incorrect. It has a wrong name and the picture doesn't look much like him. The defining feature is thw scar on his left cheek, which he tries to cover with facial hair. He has a set of morales and rules, some far more important than others.

Kaizen

Welcome to the RP asmodai and Dunnuck.

Dunnuck, it will be interesting to see how the sheriff reacts to what your character just did!

I'll be posting late tomorrow or Monday - don't get too far ahead without me please.  I have a funny idea if things are going to go down like I think they will.

Dunnuck

lol, hey it was self defense :p

Kaizen

No one has posted in a while, please let me know if you've lost interest and no longer wish to continue this RP.

thanks,
Kai

Dunnuck

i have interest, i was just assuming we should wait for th sheriff

Kaizen

Ok, just making sure.  We can pick things back up when the Sheriff returns.

Also, I was thinking of implementing a system (simple dice roll) for gunfights where in the event if the winner can't be decided in the ooc thread between the participants.

Kaizen

I'm thinking about opening the RP up for a deputy and a few other spots to get things a little more active.  What is everyone's take on this idea?

Dunnuck

shouldnt the other guy be back soon?

Kaizen

Yep, Cheka Man - the sheriff - should be back in a few days - I think. 

I know this kind of limits your postability.  If you don't want to wait, I can write a part for a deputy to come and get the sheriff for some other business going on somewhere else.  That way you and asmodai can continue on as well.  Let me know what you want to do.

Cheka Man

I'm back. Where to take this rp next? Sorry for the delay.

Kaizen

No problem, this is a very relaxed RP.  Welcome Back!

Cheka Man

What to do next? I am rusty from being away for so long.

Kaizen

Whatever you want to do is fine.  There is an outlaw a bounty hunter and a preacher in the saloon with you if I remember correctly.  Just read baack a bit and see what you missed and go from there.  Whatever you think a sheriff would do.

Dunnuck

i already have a plan if i could see it fulfilled. It involves almost all the characters, too. lol, someone PM everyone to let em know its back on

Literal Chaos

Aah, the old west.  If not the final frontier, than the last one the common man ever encountered.  Oh, sure, there are the oceans and the void beyond our atmosphere but these are not places one can simply jump in a wagon and head for are they?  Thousands of men clamoring for their chance at fortune, an understaffed and unappreciated attempt at law and order finds itself staggeringly outnumbered by bandits, rustlers, outlaws and outright thugs...  A perfect setting for some of the greatest adventures ever dreamed.

If I haven't made it obvious yet, I'm interested in dropping in on this lovely little soiree, provided the 'deputy' slot is still open for habitation.  I have a couple ideas floating around in my head, and now my only real question is what kind of deputy to play and, of course, am I invited?
Did I say irregular?  I apparently meant nonexistent.  Well, I'm back!  Newly improved with a 600% increase in stability!*
The Method of the Madness

*this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration
*six-hundred percent of zero is still zero

Dunnuck

as soon as everyone is in the bar area, im going to pull off that event to get things rollin

Kaizen

I npc'd the bartender to get Pedro and Emma back into the barroom, they should be on their way soon.

We also added a Deputy to the roster.

katewithcurves

Name: Katherine "Kate" Thomas
Profession: Poker player and gambler, dabbles in "services" as needed but not her primary source of income
Appearance: Kate is a healthy sized girl, well endowed up top.  Wears strapless tops that push up her D cup breasts and cut low enough to make observers wonder if another part of her breast is about to slip out at any moment.

Kate is a woman on whom nobody can get a real fix.  Though she isn't thin, she knows she is attractive and uses it for all it is worth.  She is a pretty good poker player but moves up to almost unbeatable when she turns up the sensuality.  She is tough; rumor has it she keeps a derringer tucked in the front of her dress.  She killed a man once for trying to rape her but was acquitted due to the man's history of womanizing and alleged rape and murder of a mixed race Indian woman.  Kate has been known to do favors for men, even for money or other advantage, but only on rare occassions. The fact that she takes most men's money at the table makes the prospect of getting her on her back particularly attractive.  She once won a very large pot by pushing her all her chips in the middle and then as her lone opponent considered whether to call she leaned over and said "If you lay it down I'm yours tonight." He threw his cards in and said "Let's cash out. I'm in room 4 upstairs." It was the easiest $1000 she ever made.