Short and Sweet, with a side of sadness please. (F/M)

Started by Eva, July 21, 2023, 10:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eva

Hello there, I've recently come back from a short hiatus and am finding that my muse is a little scattered. I haven't been able to figure out what, exactly, will get her in line. But I do know I want a short, sweet story, with a hint of sadness to get things going (as the title indicates). I am a junkie for romance, so that would be the end goal of this little story. I envision a pair of broken hearts finding each other through some (as yet to be decided) circumstances and finding healing and comfort in each other. Perhaps it is something as simple as recovering from a break up, or perhaps trying to build a new life after some sort of devastating circumstances. I envision this most easily done in a modern setting, small town perhaps, but I would certainly be open to something in a fantasy setting (preferably low magic since I feel rusty). They could be strangers, old acquaintances, even exes. I want a simple plot that won't take long to get through, with a rich emotional heart. Another thing, I usually write as the woman, but would happily consider writing as a man with the right partner/plot.

Is it too much to ask? Perhaps, but it can't hurt to simply ask, right?

If this sounds like something you might want to write, check out my On/Off thread, take a peek at my writing (either through the examples in the thread, or even better, in my more recent post history) and drop me a PM.

Thanks for looking.

Eva

I thought a bump was in order.

I'm still looking, though the aching sadness I craved is being well satisfied in an off-site story, the desire for sweet remains. As my muse wakes up with more regular use I find my scope of interests growing. However, I still want a story that's smaller in scope, simpler in plot. If what is above does not fit your bill, but my On/Off appeals, PM me and maybe we can figure something out.

I'm looking for a slower paced story, 1-2 posts a week would be nice.

Eva

It's time for a bump it seems. I've got space for one story with replies once or twice a week. I'm still interested in stories that aren't epic in scope and hold a bit of sweetness alongside some sadness. Romance is key, and while I do not shy away from erotic content, it must come up organically over the course of the story.

If you aren't up for sadness and sweetness, but feel like we'd work together well, drop me a PM and we can discuss.

Eva

Time again for a bump.

I'm looking for one story at this point, with a moderate pace of a post or two a week.

I keep coming back to the idea of a story set in a small town, in days past, with plenty of atmosphere and mystery. A stranger moves into this town, one who keeps to himself and is the subject of much speculation among the natives. A woman (a young widow perhaps) has cause to interact with him. Perhaps she's hired as a cleaner, or she's his landlady, or some other reason. Perhaps he's got some unknown connection to her late husband? Did they serve in a war together? Is he there to pay a debt? Regardless, this stranger has a secret, he's not human. The story can be as simple as her figuring it out, or more complicated. Perhaps his enemies come to the town and the townsfolk are getting picked off, or maybe his nature gets the better of him and the peace he's sought starts to fray.

There's a lot of ways to go with this story, so many I am (clearly) having a hard time pinning it down. Every time I try to map it out, I come up with too many paths to take. That's what I hope a partner will help me do with this story, narrow it down, flesh it out, and bring it to life. I'm happy to play the male character or the female in this story, and happy to play against either though I do want this story to remain f/m.

If this sounds good to you and you've checked out my on/off thread and that is in line with your tastes PM me and we can chat.