China resource grab.

Started by Callie Del Noire, February 09, 2013, 07:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

China radar incident

I've been reading up on this incident and others like it. China, Japan and the Phillipines all claim this section of ocean (as well as Taiwan) and things are looking to be building towards a head.

Anyone want to be there will be an 'accident' or incident in the next year to 18 months?

Callie Del Noire

The reason I brought this up is that it, this incident, feels like the first step in a new expansionistic policy by China. Testing the waters, so to speak, to get a feel for how everyone feels about them moving outward over the next decade or so. If they can get away with this..then they might push their claim to more assets, all with an eye to eventually asserting a much more decisive stance on reclaiming their 'rogue' province of Taiwan.

Rhapsody

They have their fingers in a lot of pies, China does. I'll speak more on this when I'm home from work and not typing on a mobile's onscreen keyboard, but in the meantime, Google FIPA, if you're interested in the inroads they're trying to make into Canada.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Tiberius

China is everywhere like an octopus, they have a tentacle in pretty much every country across the world. Countries they can't control by having land rights they intimidate like they're trying to do with Japan.

Also Callie, Two Russian fighter jets were recently spotted by Japanese radar entering Japanese air space over a collection of disputed islands that are closest to Russia on the northern end of the country.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Tiberius on February 10, 2013, 11:39:31 AM
China is everywhere like an octopus, they have a tentacle in pretty much every country across the world. Countries they can't control by having land rights they intimidate like they're trying to do with Japan.

Also Callie, Two Russian fighter jets were recently spotted by Japanese radar entering Japanese air space over a collection of disputed islands that are closest to Russia on the northern end of the country.

The Japnese and Russians have been in a pissing contest over those islands since like..the last 4 months of the pacific war.

Tiberius

Yeah that was written along with the report, its probably nothing of concern there, but the issue is China locking their fire control radar on Japanese war ships. And there's the executive order just passed by the South Korean Prime Minister that the border guards are ordered to retaliate immediately if North Korea attacks them again which could end up sparking a new war.