Seeking group for fantasy roleplay.

Started by Hogan, December 17, 2010, 11:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogan

I have been a playtester (and now gamemaster) for a new fantasy-game for some time now, and as the writer is putting together an online campaign I thought I could run it here along side his.

I thought I should ask if it is possible to get five-six people interested in playing with me?

The rpg will be set in the gameworld of Lociam and will be updated weekly for a year or so. That's about 50 posts per poster.
Now the level of commitment to this will be a bit strange - you don't have to check every day and post continuously, but you do have to remain active for a year. I have no idea if this poses a problem for anyone or not, but I thought it was best to inform more than less.

The campaign itself will settle on a group of human adventurers in a land wrought in strife at the coming of an undead menace, an army that swallows nations under its putrid step. The campaign will be exploration and sandbox rather than linear or branching, allowing for the characters to make decisions about their course, within the lands they roam.

Before you ask "well tell me more about the world/rules/setting/characters and I might be interested" you really ought to check out the link first. It has not only an introduction to the game itself, but a whole chapter on background, stories and more. If you can't deal with the volume of text (some 20 scary pages or so) then this is not for you. :)

Throwing it out there.

Hogan

And here is a teaser of the beginning of the campaign

Over the hills the hollow notes of bonepipes ring, and long banks of mistlike smoke waft across the land from a hundred burning villages. From the plains to the east and across the desertlands a shadow moves. From the east, always from the east the undead horror comes, and the lands tremble in terror.
The Xilian Empire, long since gone into haunted memory, split into a myriad tiny kingdoms now shatter before the uncoming dead advance like bugs trod under armored boot. What the undead do not destroy the fear does, driving them to feast on their own, their neighbours, on old enemies alike. Civil strife is the fruit of fear, and fear is the seed the undead sow as they push darkness before them.
In Axanilia, the kingdom of your families, borderbarons now scramble to secure their hold on their feifdom, fortifying their towers and halls, while farmers and traders flee the encroaching shadow.
It is the age of strife, the age of fear and of blasphemy, but it is also the age of heroes.

Kairi

If you would like you can count me in. Let me know if you want me in your group where I'm not an approved member yet, I dont want to hold u back haha.
Through Shattered Glass and Broken Eyes,
I See Your Words, I Know They're Lies.

Hogan

Considering the storm of replies to this thread I don't think it is going to hold me back in the least.
However, unless there is further interest in this then I think it will be scrapped. The guy writing the original thread off on another forum (free to join and all that stuff) will surely welcome you. If you are interested, PM or mail me and I will sort you out with a link.

HairyHeretic

I'm afraid since they're not a member you won't be able to exchange contact details.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Kairi

ya I'm not quite yet a member but I'll keep this link and I'll talk to you and maybe soon I'll be approved, I've been on here for about 4 days now awaiting my title change :) so soon i'll know weather or not I will become a member.
Through Shattered Glass and Broken Eyes,
I See Your Words, I Know They're Lies.

Hogan

Ah, how true. Thanks hairy. I had not spotted that. Oh well.

Hogan

As there is not enough interest here I am closing this down. If anyone is interested I think the guy who is primarily responsible is still open to new people joining over at the other site.

http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=208745.0

Enjoy and happy new year!