Welcome to Hell: Brains al a Carte

Started by ZK, September 17, 2007, 10:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZK

Ah, Hotlanta, such a nice place. Thriving with various cultures, lush with history, home of a great baseball team, events and even hosted the Olympics. Many people in the South said that "The South Shall Rise Again!" Just, they had no idea how true they were or just how it did in fact...

Now, welcome to Hellanta. Once thriving metropolis now turned into an undead infested hellhole. How in the world is the CDC now going to take care of this outbreak at their state's HQ? Oh well...

Enter the survivors, a small ragtag band of various walks of life band together (or not so close) to survive the new horror that now crawls the city, if not the world...will they survive? Will they die? or will they join the legion of the undead? Only time will tell...

----

Hi all! ZK here, aside from that nice little opening, I'll give the skinny in a Q&A type section to sum up the game.

Q: What sort of game is this?
A: It's a zombie game. Of course, surviving is a key component as you're facing the living dead and other threats. It's also a game to give players a break from sex and kick-back for some nice horror and the thrill of kicking ass.... or hauling it one. :D

Q: Is this system or freeform?
A: It's a system game using the nWoD base rules. Basically, you create normal folk and bam, jump into play. For those without the system, I will be more then happy to lend you a copy and teach you.

Q: I'm stuck at creation, what do I do?
A: Well, seeing as it is composed of ordinary people, I devised to help end a way and give a list of applicable people at said bar in the form of a faceless template (Meaning you use the concept and base, you go on from there)

Q: How many players is this?
A: Preferably 4-8 players max.

Q: Hey! It's a zombie game. Won't the mortality rate be insanely high? I don't want to make another character.
A: Well, in the typical fashion, the protagonists don't tend to die in the zombie films unless a rather bad circumstance (primarily panic or just doing something stupid) gets you killed. So, does so in this game. If you do happen to die, don't worry. In the next "story segment" there will be another character (i.e. another survivor) for the player to pick up and play.

Q:Hey, It's in the WoD (World of Darkness) will there be other supernaturals?
A: Afraid not (to your knowledge), it isn't in the WoD, it just uses the system.

Q: You mentioned concept templates... what are they?
A: Well, here I go. I'll list them here for easier pick up and play. I will help with generation if you pick a template to play.

Templates:

Biker
Beat-Cop
Club-Kid
Plumber
Reporter
Computer Technician
Engineer (Vehicle Mechanic/Gunsmith/et cetera)
College Student (Regular Student/Jock/et cetera)
Store Clerk
Retired Soldier/Security Guard (Vietnam War vet.)
MARTA Transportation Agent (I.E. Railway Driver/Conductor)
Waiter/Waitress
Bartender

There we go, a few templates.

Anyway, I am accepting sheets now. Send in away. :D If you need help with creation, send me an IM and I will help ASAP.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Sabby

I'm so in. This'll be my first system game.

Hunter

I think you should have it in Hell, Michigan.  Just for the fun of it.  ^_^

ZK

I was thinking of such, but I am more familiar with Atlanta (living there).

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Celestial Goblin

Brandon

heh, again huh? Ill pull out the same character I was going to use in Dirge if theres still room
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

ZK

Going to keep it more simple since I have more time to run it.

ZK

Morkat

I am very interested, though I'm quite new to the game-scene I think. Quick learner though *Tries his newbie charms to convince people to teach him the godly ways*

Hunter

Just because it needs to be said.   ;D

Hell, Michigan  http://www.hell2u.com/

(okay, okay, i'm done)

ZK

As for those who have no access to the books, please send me a message.

Soulsemmer

Ahhh, sweet Resident Evil: Outbreak. or as my friend and I call it, Resident Evil: Please Wait. Though with this I expect minimal loading times ^^

Z-baby, if you still need a player, I'm interested.
"Come on now, who do you... who do you, who do you, who do you think you are? Ha ha ha! Bless your soul. You really think you're in control."

ZK

I have the HDD (for my PS2) ^.^ So yes, it will be faster.

Had a bit of a bad week, with having to cut a brush out of my hair, my HDD crapping out and losing all my information and everyone is about to lose their job at their work, but I am still here.