PM problem

Started by Skye, April 05, 2009, 11:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skye

For two weeks now, my PM box has been giving me a 'You have one or more messages' prompt. But when I open my box I have one less, or no message at all. A member suggested that I send a PM to myself to get rid of a that ghost pm, but it didn't change. As much as I love getting fake mail (Cause it gives me something to do while I brainstorm...I'm kind of over it. What should I do? Help please?
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

Vekseid

Is your computer's clock set correctly?

Skye

yeppers. 7:25 pm here.
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

Vekseid

Well, mostly mean year / month etc >_>

Have you tried clearing cache?

Vekseid

Logging out and back in may also work.

Skye

Month & Year are current on my computer. I cleared cache and logged in and out. The phantom pm remains. :(  *goes to try clearing cookies.*
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

Skye

Grrr...it's still there.

I should probably tell you when and how it all started hmm? *Takes a deep breath.* It happened after I attempted to 'Manage Rules' in my PM box. I noticed that after I had set my criteria for my labels and chose 'All criteria must be met' that my Inbox went loopy. Someone had sent me a PM that I could not open. So I proceeded to check with all my partners within those labels. None of them had sent any pm to me in the last few minutes of my 'Manage Rules' option.
THEN, after I pruned all of my messages in attempts to rid myself of that ghost message, it traveled through my labels once again. Which now tells me each time I log into E-that I have one new message. *Wrinkles nose.*   
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

Elohim

When that happens to me,  I just send myself a pm and it rights itself give it a shot.

Skye

I did, a few times. Still isn't working. :(
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

Skye

;D Thank you for the fix Veks!  ;D
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

Marguerite

It seems it is doing it to me as well and I thought I was going crazy.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Marguerite

Thank you Veks.

-Smiles-
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Vekseid

Vekseid

For the record, Reign's problem was that she had sent pms off into lala land somehow - deleting them both from her inbox and all labels. That shouldn't really be allowed >_> Or at least have an option to fix, so I will bugger SMF devs about it.

Xillen

Pre-update, I tried that as well, and when that happened, they got tagged with inbox again.

Doktor Sleepless

Hmm, sending myself a PM seems to have fix0red it.

Nessy

I had a similar problem this morning. Kept saying I had a new message and kept taking me to the same already read message over and over again. Once I gave it a label the message went away.
Ons and Offs    Short Term Ideas,
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Some heroes don't wear capes. Some just #holdthedoor.