[Blog Series]Miss Marguerite & The City - Day 11

Started by Marguerite, September 01, 2009, 11:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marguerite

August 27th

Edit: To include a few pictures from today. More can be seen at the Photo Blog Series of Miss Marguerite & The City

Haight and Ashbury was more than I expected and I loved it!

I am trying to find the words to describe the sounds, smells and images I saw today but I cannot get to it without using useless adjectives to write about it. All I can say is the pictures aid in showing what happened today. I spent two hours there but before the trip, I got into a bit of trouble with the law. I was pulled over by a beautiful looking SFPD officer, a female Irishwoman by her accent and introducing herself. Honestly, I never received a ticket or had an accident in the past two years with my little sexy bitch (name of my car). I was given a warning and told to watch myself on the streets of San Francisco. What a relief not to get a ticket but an even better smile appeared upon my lips to ask the officer if she knew of any lesbian bars in town. What? There was a fifty-fifty shot of her being straight but luckily, she knew of a few places and gave me the smile of amusement I give to those who amuse me. To see it on the face of someone else makes me smile in the damp places of my being.

What I can describe of Haight and Ashbury was the amount of stores located for a few blocks and it catered to everyone. Bohemian, gothic, leather, pleather, green conscious, every and any type. I did ended up in a retro clothing store and talked with a gorgeous redhead sales assistant for a good thirty minutes. We talked about the music scene and most of all the dating scene in San Francisco. I mentioned to her the roommates ordeal and complaints over how it was hard city to find anyone worth of dating. The redhead and I rolled and laughed at the idea of there not being anyone in the whole of San Francisco datable.

Hell, past two weeks, I have written the experiences of meeting three surfers, one Englishmen and possibly this redhead (depending if she enjoyed the company of females). Maybe it is because I put myself out there since it is a new place and what is the fun in regretting about something you could have taken a chance on? I could have let the fact I am in a new environment scare me but no, I put myself out there even if I did fail. Better to fail than to regret.

After the conversation with the redhead, we exchanged numbers and I went on my way. Elliquiy, on every block there was a good two to three smoke shops and the smell of marijuana wafted out from the windows and doors opened to the public. I do not smoke pot nor do any hardcore drugs. The only vice I have is chocolate and occasionally limoncello and wine. The roommates are drinkers, one is an emotional drunk and another is an angry drunk. Angry and drunk is not my cup of tea. I can take the 'I love you' drunks because well, who does not love to see someone passionately crying out loud their love for their partner or even someone he or she wants to partner up with?

There was one smoke shop with enough bongs to get everyone within a three mile radius high as a kite, perhaps more but I went bug eyed over the various types and sizes of bongs. Can you just imagine the love shone in a bong smoker's eyes as he or she lets their eyes roam over the various pipes and bongs? Oh, it would be almost like a cartoon of them jumping all over the place and dancing on the ceiling before coming back down to take a smoke of their rolled up joint. Hell, I even saw a few people lighting up on the corner streets and passing it around to their group of friends. Somehow, Haight and Ashbury is still a haven for runaways and homeless (more so the younger crowds) because many of the street musicians and panhandlers ranged between fourteen years old to thirty years old. There was of course older panhandlers but usually they were on the outskirts of Haight and Ashbury, almost as if there was a territory dispute.

The excursion ended with me eating a pizza parlor where the slices were cheap and big enough to feed two people. Mmm, I enjoyed a pesto slice of pizza and watched people outside the window explore the glorious Haight and Ashbury. I plan to visit there at least once a week, if not more, but of course college and throwing myself into the BDSM community must come first after all.

Miss Marguerite & The City
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Paradox

I'm surprised they let you take pictures. In New York, taking pictures of the merchandise in head shops is strictly prohibited; then again, this is Haight-Ashbury, so I suppose the proprietor was too stoned to care.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Marguerite

Oh, I went in and I was bathed in the scent of pot. You are right in the proprietor was stoned out of his mind.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Jag

Am I one of the few that does not like the 'I love you' drunks? One of my exs was like that...after I broke it off with him he became an emotional drinker and an 'I love you' drunk as well my first stalker.

Drunken 'I love you!!!!' calls at 2am while he's sitting outside my bedroom window in his car is not my idea of fun.

Though if it's not directed at me, I can tolerate them.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Dakota

I find there are several differen't types of the ' I love you drunk ' yep there are indeed the stalker types, and in my opinion they need castrating and shooting. Then there are the harmless ones like me :P the kind where it's all in the nature of good fun, every time I go out i end up declaring my 'love' for a friend in the group if not the whole group lol