Old World of Darkness Game: The Isle of Avalon

Started by Sabriel, September 23, 2011, 07:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senti

Is the game going to be set in America...just checking.

Sabriel

Probably yes Senti, although that is something you can include in your preference for setting too if you wish  :P

Miyu

Its my own personal opinion but I think America its a too huge of a place for a setting in a story. How about a particular state like Vegas or Miami etc etc etc

grovercjuk

I would like to play a Bonegnawer Ahroun as for setting what ever our GM is familiar with is fine by me.

Sabriel

QuoteIts my own personal opinion but I think America its a too huge of a place for a setting in a story. How about a particular state like Vegas or Miami etc etc etc

Yeah I am pretty certain that Senti was just asking if the game would be based somewhere in America, I won't be setting it in something as general as such.  It will be based within a city, village, town etc the most id consider on a bigger scale would be a county in the UK or a small remote Island. Of course the story may not be entirely limited always to one city I would never rule out the possibility that some plot may take the characters elsewhere on occasion.     

AndyZ

If a lot of the werewolves want to play Bone Gnawers, Glass Walkers and the like, it may not even be that important for there to be a forest nearby.  However, that would also heighten the risk of crossing the streams.

If we do use an American RL city, though, it would probably be best to have a place which already has indigenous wolves.

Gray wolves live in Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Minnesota, Michigan, and Wisconsin, at least according to http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080501153439AAhQKAF

That may not be as preferable, however, because the largest cities in those states are Milwaukee and Detroit.  Since vampires generally limit their population to one Kindred per 100,000 kine in a particular city, if I remember correctly (forget where I read that), neither of these would be particularly good places.

Somewhere in Europe would certainly be feasible, but I'm less knowledgeable about Europe beyond my various French classes.

I would actually suggest a fictitious city which is on the edge of a huge national park, and am willing to work on putting the basics of one together if this would be acceptable to everyone.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Sabriel

Yeah I think if there is a forest nearby or such is a moot point at present, if there is going to be a werewolf aspect it is likely to be set around either an urban caern or rural one as the focus so thus there would be natural scenery involved for certain then. 

It does not have to be a place with indigenous wolves either, that would only make Lupus more likely it does not rule out the existence or interests of Garou in the place. 

I have read something like that figure you mention before but I don't think it was in anything official and I doubt it really applies, I mean the Sabbat, Independents and Anarch's probably would not care to work something like that out. That figure is all about the risk of discovery basically not really anything to do with it take 100,000 people to support one Kindred  :P.

QuotePut simply, the Kindred discovered that a population of 100,000 can safely support a single vampire in pertuitam. Once can subsist on less by all means, with only slightly greater chances of risking detection, but 100,000 seems a good number. For every 1,000 people less than 100,000, the chance of detection grows by 1% per month. Thus, if a vampire lived in a community of 75,000 people, there is a 25% chance per month that someone will notice something wrong: an unexplained increase in violent crimes, people coming in, complaining about feeling weak and suffering from blood disorders.

It perfectly plausible that a small group of Kindred could exist on an island with a population of only 100, they would risk greater discovery but they probably also be a lot more sensible less psychopathic and a whole lot better at covering things up and dealing with problems. I mean in some sense the Kindred actually risk less discovery in small places sometimes, since it is a lot easier to control things on a smaller scale and not as many people are going to be paying attention. There is such a thing as overpopulation of course but usually the Prince or equivalent decides what that is.

I can not really see that limit thing working or being a general thing heh, I mean it would never have worked in the dark ages. 

AndyZ

I forget where I read the 100,000 thing.  It could very well be for Requiem.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Miyu

Do we have a timeline for this? setting? some info so I can start thinking of my char?

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Sabriel on September 29, 2011, 04:51:49 PM
It perfectly plausible that a small group of Kindred could exist on an island with a population of only 100, they would risk greater discovery but they probably also be a lot more sensible less psychopathic and a whole lot better at covering things up and dealing with problems.
In such a small setting, the prince might very well declare that everybody needed to bring in a ghoul, probably from outside the community (or else, have a good reason to acquire one from within the community), and say that they must subsist solely on their ghouls. It annihilates the whole having to seduce/force yourself on a human to drink problem, and people complaining of weakness, illness, etc., because the ghoul won't really care after a while.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

AndyZ

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 30, 2011, 03:32:49 AM
In such a small setting, the prince might very well declare that everybody needed to bring in a ghoul, probably from outside the community (or else, have a good reason to acquire one from within the community), and say that they must subsist solely on their ghouls. It annihilates the whole having to seduce/force yourself on a human to drink problem, and people complaining of weakness, illness, etc., because the ghoul won't really care after a while.

I don't think one ghoul would be enough to satisfy a vampire for the long term.

TheHangedOne

The flavor might get boring after a while, but really, a vampire only needs to consume 1 blood point a night (Or is it a week?), right? Plus more if they use Disciplines, but that would be a rare occasion in such a small population center, I'd imagine, and that's if it's a discipline that requires blood expenditure (most, if I remember correctly, don't).

And humans can safely give like 3 blood points in a 24 hour period, again, if I'm remembering things correctly. Which I may not be.
Check out my poet tree!

AndyZ

It's one point a night unless you achieve Golconda, and then it's one point a week.

As per the book, you can take 4 blood points from someone and they'll be fine, but that's 4 pints of blood missing from their body.  I think the average body has 8-10, though it counts as 10 blood points.  Let's say that a blood point and a pint are about the same.

It's generally common to donate blood, but they only will let you do so with several weeks in between, and then only one pint.  I think the required time to wait is 56 days, though I may be wrong about that.

I don't think Vampire the Masquerade ever gave specific rules on it.  In Vampire the Requiem, you could regain a blood point every 2 days, though that was more because they registered it as lethal damage.  If Sabriel went with that route, then it'd be possible with two ghouls, assuming that the vampire gives the monthly blood and immediately takes blood back, and then never used any blood for any other purpose.

Still, likely a moot point, since it'd come down to Sabriel's decision.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

AndyZ

Sabriel

Bellow is one possible brief on the setting for this and such, this is not a fixed thing at present but well since someone has asked me about such and I have had little input from others about what they would like to see so far ill throw it out there hehe. 

I am still open to people tell me want sort of setting/time period etc they would prefer, this is just one possible thing and well it is rather weird and niche it does pose options for both Garou, Kindred and even kine story heh.

I shall commence with my weird and crazy setting idea anyway

The Isle of Avalon

The setting for this story takes place and is focused on a fictional island situated of the north eastern coast of the UK (Scotland  in particular).  The island itself is surrounded in mystery and myth and few that know of it can be sure if the island draws it's name from the myth or the myth draws some of its legend from the island itself.  Avalon is a peculiar island and its existence is a closely guarded secret and mystery to many, few supernatural's understand how or why but its very existence seams hidden from mortal knowledge.  There are many rumours that explain such but none can truly be trusted as the truth and perhaps there is more than one simple explanation, regardless the island has long been a sanctuary to a group of camarilla kindred who have built a society upon the isle and maintained its secretive existence with an iron grip.  It is one if not the most strictly controlled and efficiently maintained gatherings of both kine and kindred known amongst the camarilla,  that is not to say it is not without it's problems but it's methods and influence over the mortal populace is hard to match in this modern era.  It is said that the kindred community was first formerly founded by kindred from the clan's ventrue, toreador and tremere, these three clans seamed to have worked efficiently to build a functioning community that exists almost outside the rest of the mortal world. The island's security and distance is an appeal to many kindred although it is not without it's disadvantages,  island life is not easy and the kindred of the island have discouraged the advance of society stepping into life on the island to many modern kindred can seam like stepping back in time.  Some would also find the rules of the kindred far more restrictive and strict than those of other cities and the opportunity for growth, power and even escape far less open. 

The island itself society wise seams stuck mostly in the mould of old fashioned villages and communities oddly not all seam to be in the same era which are dotted about the island, to say it can be startling to a newcomer is an understatement. Although there are multiple communities within the island there is only one prince who claims stake to the whole of the island, the kindred spread themselves about within these communities and meet up for regular gatherings and secretive meetings within the specially selected locales.  The island is a lush green land with forests, lakes and valleys ,its cliffs are a intimidating sight littered with caves and crevices the sea bellow dotted with jagged rocky teeth. Many large rocky islands are found of the coast and even a few smaller land masses, some of them even claimed as havens by the  kindred.  It is believed that a vast network of caves and tunnels exist beneath and throughout the island although few but the nosferatu can ever vouch to having seen and travelled many of them.

Technology and the Island

Technology is strictly controlled upon the island and kept secret from most mortals, there are no mobile phones any that are brought to the island do not work. Radio and television signals other than those produced upon the island are non receivable, weapons are regulated by the island's government and the prince or the locals of a particular area. In general there are few firearms upon the island and those there are imported illegally or outdated, computers and such devices do not tend to exist upon the island other than in the hands of the supernatural. Despite these limits on technology there are minor elements of industry in places upon the island and there is an import and export of goods and services, although most of these are illegal activities conducted by the supernatural.

The effects of the Island on outsiders

Outsiders are a rare thing on the island and those that come to it rarely leave and when they do leave they rarely remember anything of it, the island can seemingly do strange things to the mind from driving kine insane to making them forget everything and anything about themselves and the place itself. Quite why the island remains unknown to the mortal world and even the supernatural to a large degree is not known but highly speculated upon. 

The Kindred

The kindred of the island are a rather select and selective group none can reside within the island's confines safely without the say so of the prince and primogen, exile from the island rarely ends nicely although it is not always final. Those seeking admittance are allowed a temporary stay, if they remain beyond this welcome they are politely reminded of the consequences. All those accepted to stay upon the island become a part of it and are given a territory in which they may reside as well as a mark of there place in the society. All kindred are expected to wear this mark, which is always some form of jewellery. It identifies them to the other Kindred of the island preventing unfortunate accidents and seams to have some sway and significance over the mortal population. The actual sway it has over mortal's is nothing to do with being kindred or even supernatural in origin of course, but  it plays its part in the controlling factors of the island as a symbol of authority. The clan's seam to co-operate in relative peace although the brujah and outcast gangrel have been becoming more of an issue and concern of late, more common are the threats of the sabbat or those of a non kindred nature. Nobody is quite sure why the sabbat would have any real interest in the island or its kindred, but seemingly at random over the centuries  roaming packs have infiltrated and made excursions onto the island.  What is a secret to many is that the island is used as a dumping ground and place of interrogation and punishment for some of the camarilla's “unwanted”, unknown to all but the prince and the progeny the island often takes in “prisoners”  or “exiles” from mainland UK or even further afield. The reasons remain a mystery to even the primogen.  There is supposedly no other kindred on the island but some doubt that the scourges could truly account for every rogue, a common rumour is of wild and underground kindred who live in the wilderness or the caverns beneath the island.  These rumours are quickly quashed and never taken seriously by the prince, the rogue gangrel who where once a part of the kindred structure are usually to blame. 

The Clan's of Avalon

Ventrue

The ventrue oddly are few in presence upon the island despite the fact that one of them is prince, there is no primogen of the ventrue clan because of the lack of presence. The princes influence regardless is felt throughout the island and he seams aptly placed and prepared to hold and control his miniature kingdom of kine and kindred.

Toreador

The Toreador a more numerous clan than the ventrue but far from the most numerous amongst the clans  present, they hold considerable power and sway over many aspects of the mortal society on the island and seam oddly content to work with the ventrue and even tremere to maintain it.  A fact not known to many among the island is that many of the families that live on the island bare relation and connection to the Toreador who where involved in the founding of the islands structure.  As such it has become quite common for some kine to become “untouchable” or “protected” more than one kindred has suffered because of his lack of restraint or poor choice in victims.

Tremere

The tremere supposedly out number almost every clan on the island although this is not a proven fact, this is probably due to the fact that the island itself is reputedly of great significance to them and home to a powerful chantry. Many kindred on the island dislike the tremere because they seam so useful and crucial to the island and prince's functions.

Malkavian

The malkavian presence is few in number and most are descended from the one malkavian who reportedly was one of the first “exiles” to be dumped there,  supposedly at some point they gained a place within the society itself and eventually sired  progeny. Many of the malkavian's reside within the islands prisons and asylum structures, not all remain in such locations but the prince is careful to watch for dangers and those who pose a threat to the masquerade or might arise suspicion in kine. These kindred are quickly restricted to places where there personalities won't be an issue. 

Nosferatu

The nosferatu are rarely seen and live almost in separation from the other kindred, they rarely make themselves known even when they do attend Kindred gatherings. Only at official gatherings do they  have an obvious presence although even then it seams they prefer to choose one individual, of course many believe that the rest simply choose to go unseen. The island does not have vast sewer networks although it does have them in part and as usual the nosferatu make use of these and the caverns and tunnels.

Brujah

The brujah have quite a presence and have been working on increasing there influence and power within the island for sometime, most of the brujah are relegated to living on the smaller land masses connected to the island here they plot and rant about changes they would like to make and there particular causes.  The brujah have never been content with the island it has never been what they would want and they strongly tend to believe they could do things better, most of them are convinced that the prince is a fool and that the island's power is long overdue a makeover.  A few of them actually seam to support the prince and attempt to gain the favour of the other clans and live in a less rebellious existence for awhile at least.

Gangrel

Since the gangrel quit the camarilla there place on the island has become one of exile, they are no longer considered a part of the kindred society and instead considered a threat to its existence.  It is not entirely known where all the gangrel that inhabited the island went but it is not believed that they have been entirely dealt with yet. 

Others

There are rumours of others on the island apparently have found some niche or way to go unnoticed, rumours of kindred who pay with service to remain upon the island and use it as a safe haven.  There is rumour that a family connected to the giovanni clan makes its home somewhere within the isle as well as the whispered tales of sabbat who have entrenched themselves beneath in the islands tunnels. Not all the rumours concern kindred of course some also whisper of lupines that have long made the island a home, that are as secretive as the kindred themselves with ties to the blood of island folk. Some even whisper of mortal sorcerers and ancient cults cultivated by the kindred or other vile forces, some even dare joke about what lurks in the depths beneath and around the island.

What I am looking for in players/writers

All players should be committed to the story, if you want to withdraw or discontinue with it you should say so.   

Responsibility for actions and reactions, any actions your character takes can and probably will have IC repercussions.

Detail and description character depth and motivation, I will expect everyone to at least try and make IC posts at minimum of  around 10 lines length.

Character creation

I will be assigning the character creation details to players based upon there concept and place upon the island, you may feel free to approach me with you own concepts for character ideas but if they make no sense or do not fit with the setting or may cause problems ill deny them outright.

Bellow are several base ideas for characters for the island these are just examples, some may seam to offer some advantage but they all come with a up and downside.  Those that seam most advantageous probably have the biggest down to them to, which may not be apparent at first.

Recently Embraced - You are one of the recently embraced of the island a member of the community by default, your Sire is someone of some influence and status in one of the clans on the island.

Elder in exile – You are an Elder Kindred having existed for many centuries you may have seen many things, your exile to the island could be for any number of reasons but it is not a fact that would be easily forgotten. The island grants you safety and a place in which to try rebuild some sense of former glory but you are closely watched and on thin ice with many boons to repay owed to the Prince and other Elders of the isle who continue to protect you.

Mystery Seeker- For some reason you where drawn to the island and are convinced of secrets and a wealth of lore that can be uncovered there, of course plying those secrets from the Kindred of the island or whatever else is harbouring them is the challenge.

Reformed Kindred – You where a prisoner sent or captured on the island and given a reprieve by the Prince you have since reformed your ways and are expected to be a model of society,  of course what service may be owed for your second chance is another matter.

Odd Kindred – You seek acceptance and life on the island for some bizarre purpose that Kindred would perhaps shun or ridicule you for elsewhere,  perhaps you are a Kindred who seeks to protect and keep alive his kine family.

Recently arisen – You are in torpor or worse staked, awakened on the island you find yourself in the curious position of being in an unfamiliar place and perhaps time.  Unsure of how you came to be there in the first place, now you must pay of the debt to those that awoke you and find a place in the society if the Prince can be convinced to allow you to stay.

Tradition's enforcer – You are a Kindred from the island or who has come to it to enforce the traditions and the laws of the island, you delight or find some cause in the direction and control of the populace and fixing issues that arise making sure that the society stays intact.

Missing –
Your missing someone important to you (or something), someone who came or was sent to the island and you haven't heard from them since, perhaps a progeny, sire, mentor even a ghoul or less significant creature. 

Clan's should be chosen primarily from the following list, anything else you can ask me about and propose but I will be liable to deny it. I probably may allow non Kindred characters, such as mortals, ghouls or revenants etc.

Brujah, Malkavian, Nosferatu, Toreador, Tremere, Ventrue, Caitiff, Gargoyle

I would like to prevent doubling up on the clans in play unless people plan to play progeny and sire, certain clans may have more restrictions on them than others. For example anyone wanting to play a gargoyle is going to be in service to the tremere by default.

The Garou

The Garou side of this storyline will focus upon a pack which has discovered the Isle or been sent to it, I may allow one or more characters to be from there also although they would have recently left for some reason and now be a part of a pack returning there.

The Garou will be interested in recent events concerning the island and its nature, the fact it is not a simple reflection in the umbra but a realm of its own which is hidden and hard to reach even for the most accomplished umbral explorers. Perhaps the pack have heard about the place from a Corax who happened upon the place or discovered lore of powerful Caern there and populace of Kinfolk and Garou secluded from the outside world, they may be more aware of recent events perhaps they know of some incident upon the island and are heading to deal with it. The place holds some mythical significance and mention in Garou lore with many stories of the so called Isle of Immortals cropping up in ancient tales, supposedly there is a wealth of history undiscovered about the place and something which has kept it and the island from the minds and notice of mortals and even the supernatural.

So the Garou story will focus more upon the pack and there reasons for going to the island which I will leave slightly open for players to insert there own ideas also, there is really many reasons why they may go there and it may not just be for one.  It could be something they are selected for or that they decided to do themselves it could be a quest a search, one reason they could be going there is because the place has a reputation among some as being a place where missing people go missing or seam to end up from all across the world.  They could be on the trail of some missing Kinfolk  and Elder who has wandered off and seemingly taken to travelling to this place, they could be following dreams and visions or believe some dire threat or great boon to Gaia both even may be found there.

Part of the Garou game will be the pack making a home for themselves on the island and finding a place a niche even, they may find a Caern there which may need there assistance or may even need to be rebuilt there may be kinfolk residents to the island who need protection. They may wonder how a large population of wolves remains existent upon the island and how it came to be there much like some of the other inhabitants, one thing is for sure they will become involved in the supernatural nature and goings on of the Island and play a part in it's changing ecology. 

AndyZ

Reading through the description of the island and the vampire stuff, it all looks pretty awesome, and I can certainly see my idea working well in it.

I didn't read up on the werewolf stuff for obvious reasons, but I have little doubt that it's likewise awesome as well ^_^

TheHangedOne

You've certainly put a lot of time and effort into writing that all out, Sabriel. It's beautiful, and makes me kind of sad to say this, but because of some RL issues,  I'm going to not play in this game. In fact, I've pretty much reduced my stuff here on E to one group game.
Check out my poet tree!

Sabriel

Quote from: AndyZ on September 30, 2011, 06:45:24 AM
Reading through the description of the island and the vampire stuff, it all looks pretty awesome, and I can certainly see my idea working well in it.

I didn't read up on the werewolf stuff for obvious reasons, but I have little doubt that it's likewise awesome as well ^_^

Thanks I am glad you like it and glad you think your idea will fit well, I can see it working well in the setting and possibly having some interesting challenges and moral decisions hehe.

Feel free to read it all too its not like I am revealing any massive cosmic secrets within that will ruin the story.

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 30, 2011, 08:37:07 AM
You've certainly put a lot of time and effort into writing that all out, Sabriel. It's beautiful, and makes me kind of sad to say this, but because of some RL issues,  I'm going to not play in this game. In fact, I've pretty much reduced my stuff here on E to one group game.

Oh OK well I am sorry to hear that but I totally understand RL comes first and well thank you for letting me know, thank you for your comments also that is very flattering that you would think such and it is no trouble really I do enjoy doing such.

grovercjuk

Very well written most interesting. You write very well. The Garou would they be of one tribe? Reading the story it seems to suggest to me a Children of Gaia pack would be the type to go searching for such a place.

GlassWalkers would hate it and it is far too peaceful for Get pack and too rural for BoneGnawers.

Sabriel

Thank you :)

It does not have to be all Garou of one tribe, and I actually think I may not have put things across all that well if you think it's peaceful  :P

On the surface it may seam peaceful, but then I am sure that is what Sergeant Howie thought when he visited a rather peculiar island. I think he changed his mind when he ended up in a giant straw idol being burned alive  :P

The islands reputation for people going missing and turning up there does not tend to end with a happy ending, people who vanish and such are rarely found alive and if they are there never quite the same.

I can see perhaps why you think Children of Gaia from some of the things I spoke about, but well it's not like the place is a teddy bears picnic. There is terrible things brewing and happing in the place there is supposed to be Garou and Kinfolk there, there is information that would be of interest to many tribes and the possibility of threats and perhaps places and items of power of importance to the Garou Nation.  As I said I would like the players to decide on a reason why they may be going there there is a multitude of them, and ill discuss that further as we build a little pack but basically id want it to be what was most interesting to the pack and so they could have some primary goal to start with before they discover more.

I don't think the Glasswalkers would instantly hate the place either it is not beyond being totally devoid of interest to them, it is an island with both cities, villages and most importantly humans and kinfolk it may not be smothered by the Weaver's threads but there still there. I think actually the fact it is a bit backward and living in the past may actually be of more interest to the Glasswalkers than any other tribe, they might see it as something to try and change. There is industry there also it's just that most the places on the island are not up to modern standards, there is an Oil rig of shore and import and export business. It is simply cut of from the outside world and not so in touch with technology, which could be said for some countries and islands in the real world this just happens to have been cultivated and enforced by a supernatural presence  :P

To the Garou this island would have some significance in legends and tales and its past is not a particularity peaceful one, it is known as the Isle of Immortals and supposedly the resting place of wonders and evils of a past age. The Fianna would know tales of it from not only the Garou but from the Fae also and that it was once a powerful sacred site to them. The Get of Fenris I am sure would be interested in the tales of the place of the fact that there is the possibility of a powerful Caern there, of kinfolk and Garou who have been out of contact with the world.  Many Fianna, Get of Fenris and other tribes may have also likely fell in battle on the Isle in ages past, it's history and tales would tie in with the fallen tribe in part. The Garou who end up going to this place will know there is strange influences upon the island they will know that there is supernatural things at work there, that there are things upon the island that would probably be of interest to them.

I think the most unlikely tribes to want to go there are the Wendigo and Red Talons, there should be something of interest for each of the other tribes there, the point is it is sort of a place of legend now to some that may be silly but the Garou are a people who tend to know that some legends bare truths. I mean everybody knows the Isle of Avalon is not a real place is just a myth a fairy tale, it's been claimed to be in so many places there are many myths that surround it but everyone knows it's just fiction. It's not a real place just stories of a long lost age like the fae, dragons and monsters.

Any questions are welcome btw and I hope to work with the Garou players to help them create the pack and decide on things, if you want to come up with like strange myths or tales you may have heard about the island which may give you some personal reason please feel free to share them I think they could prove good plot hooks.  I mean one possibility is that some may have ancestors who had been upon the island previously, and well Ill probably provide some visions for the pack on some recent events :) 

Kindred feel free to ask me questions and such too of course.

AndyZ

Just to make sure, there's no phones, computers, elevators and the like whatsoever, right?  I can certainly work with that, it'll just be a minor challenge, and something that my character would be used to from living on the island.

Miyu

I seem to lost the book of Werewolf so I don't know how long it will be before I find it

Sabriel

Quote from: AndyZ on September 30, 2011, 06:25:18 PM
Just to make sure, there's no phones, computers, elevators and the like whatsoever, right?  I can certainly work with that, it'll just be a minor challenge, and something that my character would be used to from living on the island.

OK, basically it varies depending on where one is upon the island but generally there is some level of base technology and there is some more modern, it is just regulated by the Kindred or in the hands of other supernaturals. The main Kine on the Island live in a pre digital age with old switchboard telephones at the most which do not connect to the outside world, radio and tv exists but few watch the tv and there is not much on it given that the only channels are made by the inhabitants of the island. Mostly its like 1900-1950's type technologies if anything, the Kindred do however make use of more modern things the restriction is not so much there upon them or there places of residence etc it is simply cultivated by them. A fact that does not really bother most of them since there not exactly so eager to change with the times.

I hope that makes sense.

Quote from: Miyu on September 30, 2011, 06:27:08 PM
I seem to lost the book of Werewolf so I don't know how long it will be before I find it

I found an online version of the book that you can peek at I hope that helps.

Werewolf the Apocalypse Revised Edition

AndyZ

Quote from: Sabriel on September 30, 2011, 08:51:05 PM
OK, basically it varies depending on where one is upon the island but generally there is some level of base technology and there is some more modern, it is just regulated by the Kindred or in the hands of other supernaturals. The main Kine on the Island live in a pre digital age with old switchboard telephones at the most which do not connect to the outside world, radio and tv exists but few watch the tv and there is not much on it given that the only channels are made by the inhabitants of the island. Mostly its like 1900-1950's type technologies if anything, the Kindred do however make use of more modern things the restriction is not so much there upon them or there places of residence etc it is simply cultivated by them. A fact that does not really bother most of them since there not exactly so eager to change with the times.

I hope that makes sense.

Nicole probably won't have any computers or any such, although I may give her some if it'd be possible to get satellite reception for stocks and similar finances.  Otherwise she can have assistants or something that can cover it.

Depending on how much ignorant crossover there is, if we do end up with a Bone Gnawer, I'm sure that Nicole will eventually leave scraps for the poor, starving wolf-dog.  Or however the Bone Gnawer tribebook put it.