'Unfathomable' end for victim of womb-slash slay

Started by The Overlord, July 21, 2008, 03:58:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Mathim on July 25, 2008, 08:48:31 AM
And I still maintain that a lot of it is the result of how they've been treated (or rather, mistreated.)

My entire life I've been treated like shit.  There are a select few people in real life who've ever treated me even close to human.  I do not go out murdering people or cutting babies out.  I think that it's complete bull.  Does the way a person's treated effect how they act?  Well yes, to a certain degree.  Does it warrent us blaming their henious actions all on how they were treated?  NO I do not think so!

Quote from: The Overlord on July 24, 2008, 11:16:04 PM
Something like this is an act of sheer malice.  Don’t give me any of that legally insane crap either; if you're too fucked in the head to realize this is straight evil, you don't need to be polluting the planet as anything but fertilizer.

Just because you're crazy it doesn't make your actions right or mean that you should get away with them.  If you're to crazy to know what you did was wrong, then you should be locked up in an institution that will give you the help you need.  But, and I do support the death penelty, you do not deserve to be killed and used as fertilizer.  There is a heart somewhere in my dark cold chest.

Quote from: Chat Noir on July 25, 2008, 02:53:51 AM
It's total psychosis. It doesn't make it right at all, but it happens a scary amount.

I agree, very scary!
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Sherona

I am not really one that is too worried about an occasional F word in a public spot, but some of these posts have up to 10 F-words. Can we tone it down please in a public board? Thanks *smiles*

ShrowdedPoet

Hmm. . .don't remember reading any F words. . .but I'm so used to the word I may not have noticed. . .and if I used it. . .I'm sorry. . .
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Chat Noir

I saw it once where I actually paid attention to its existence.

Either way, it's not a result of the way someone's treated all that much. And as a former sufferer of depression I'm going to say it now: you can recognise why you are the way you are, be it screwing up your life or hurting other people and get better or you can just say "my mommy never loved me" and mope while you keep screwing your life over. In the end, even if other people don't treat you right you are the only one ultimately in control of your actions.
If you've been missing me please see my thread here.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones...
...but whips and chains excite me."

Ons and Offs
My Roleplays:
Dirty Little Secret|Mystery Men - Unsung Superheroes

Mathim

I'm just saying, some people are unstable and it's either caused by abuse or they're just born with that kind of brain defect. So environmental factors can either help or hurt them. It's like, there are three things that can happen: That person can defy statistics and turn out somewhat healthy, learning from their mistakes and not becoming the type of person who victimized them, or they can sink into depression and self-loathing and probably turn to drugs or commit suicide, or in the case of these womb-slashers, they can get really angry, start listening to the voices in their heads, and take out their frustrations and anger on others, to try and put their pain onto someone else. I'm not saying that's right in any way, but I do understand how and why that can happen.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Chat Noir

I don't believe that really is the psychology of a womb slasher so much. It's people who, for some reason or another, need attention and get it via these phantom pregnancies. They've built up so much hope around being pregnant that in their own twisted logic anything is justifiable as long as she's not revealed as a fake. A lot of these women, even after cutting a child out of another woman's womb, believe so hard that the child is their own that even they don't realise they were lying.

It's an attention starvation disorder gone horribly wrong. It's what happen when people don't address their psychological issues, environmental factors be damned. This is what denial does to you.

Ons and Offs
My Roleplays:

Mathim

So womb-slashers have their own category of psychosis? Okay, I thought we were addressing psychotic violence in general by now. Like the Joker.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

King_Furby

Thats a shame that people can be that evil, poor women to go out like that. But it reminds me of some of the sick shit you hear on those most evil shows. I have seen some of those shows on TV and have had to turn it off before cause it was too depressing and sick.

Trieste

Quote from: Sherona on July 25, 2008, 11:58:25 AM
I am not really one that is too worried about an occasional F word in a public spot, but some of these posts have up to 10 F-words. Can we tone it down please in a public board? Thanks *smiles*

The very beginning post has it highlighted in red, people... Hard not to notice the F-bombs.

It's a tense subject. It's possible this belongs in politics/religion, even though it's news... since it seems to have turned into a debate.

Personally (as in, above language commentary aside), it makes me antsy when phrases like "too evil to live" start to get tossed around. Sick? Yes. Sad? Yes. Horrifying? Definitely. Taking a life is awful, terrible, no good and very bad. A person's actions don't make you any more justified in doing such a thing, though. I can't help but feel like it takes away some of your moral high ground when you say "She's a monster for this murder! She needs to die!"Executions is, seriously, just another word for murder.

We've had this debate... I don't mean to drag it back up. We should talk about something safer, like politics the economy bunnies. :)

Chat Noir

I agree with Trieste. Evil is an absolute that refers (in my mind) to someone who eats babies, doesn't pay taxes, and crushes every living thing said person's path. The womb slashers did one (very) horrifying thing but probably actually led very normal lives. Evil is a very strong word and only should describe the most heinous of acts. Even Hitler didn't go around kicking puppies.

Ons and Offs
My Roleplays:

The Overlord

Quote from: Chat Noir on July 26, 2008, 03:00:02 PM
I agree with Trieste. Evil is an absolute that refers (in my mind) to someone who eats babies, doesn't pay taxes, and crushes every living thing said person's path. The womb slashers did one (very) horrifying thing but probably actually led very normal lives. Evil is a very strong word and only should describe the most heinous of acts.

So...assuming the perpetrator was a normal tax-paying citizen holding down a job, respected by the neighbors...yada yada...and I challenge the very notion of what 'normal' is if you can conceive of the idea of and then actually carry out the act of slashing open a living pregnant woman and stealing her child straight from her womb, this would make it somehow OK?

And this was not a heinous act? I am looking at the literal definition of the words; specific theological descriptions do not concern me.

Pronunciation:
    \ˈē-vəl, British often & US also ˈē-(ˌ)vil\
Function:
    adjective
Inflected Form(s):
    evil·er or evil·ler; evil·est or evil·lest
Etymology:
    Middle English, from Old English yfel; akin to Old High German ubil evil
Date:
    before 12th century

1 a: morally reprehensible : sinful, wicked <an evil impulse> b: arising from actual or imputed bad character or conduct <a person of evil reputation>2 archaic : inferior b: causing discomfort or repulsion : offensive <an evil odor> c: disagreeable <woke late and in an evil temper>3 a: causing harm : pernicious <the evil institution of slavery> b: marked by misfortune : unlucky

Pronunciation:
    \ˈhā-nəs\
Function:
    adjective
Etymology:
    Middle English, from Anglo-French hainus, heinous, from haine hate, from hair to hate, of Germanic origin; akin to Old High German haz hate — more at hate
Date:
    14th century

: hatefully or shockingly evil : abominable

Yeah, I'd tend to call this in bad conduct and shockingly evil. if it isn't, then I'd hate to ask what line you would have to cross to make it so. This was an act of heinous evil.

Quote from: Chat Noir on July 26, 2008, 03:00:02 PM
Even Hitler didn't go around kicking puppies.

We don't actually know this for fact but it's really a moot point. So the guy started the largest war in history that led to the death of some fifty million people, including the systematic slaughter of six million Jewish men, women, and children just because they didn’t let him into art school.

But the guy didn't kick puppies, so he's not quite that bad.

Right...

The Overlord

Quote from: Trieste on July 26, 2008, 06:26:29 AM
The very beginning post has it highlighted in red, people... Hard not to notice the F-bombs.

My apologies for what may appear to be indiscriminate carpet-bombing with F-bombs, but I'm sort of a subscriber to the George Carlin Academy of Linguistics. A well placed surgical strike with four or five letter words often drives the point home better than any sentence puncutation.

That being said, I'll make a point of loading a few less bombs when I make my next run on the debate forums. ;)

Trieste

Don't have a problem with the well-used f-bomb. Don't care. I think it was someone else spreading them around like candy that caught Sherona's attention.

I hate it when people use Hitler to argue evil. It's like blaming Dubya for that football star that died in a friendly fire incident. Mengele is far more interesting a subject, and far more relevant. Y'all are using the wrong Nazi!

In addition to the fail of using the Nazis at all. Be creative!

That said, it was an evil action, though that doesn't necessarily make her an evil person. Punish her for the evil actions, and since her prior actions indicate an unwillingness or an inability to adhere to the law after prior punishment, make sure she sticks inside places where she won't have access to pregnant women. Yes. Absolutely.

Sherona

QuoteDon't have a problem with the well-used f-bomb. Don't care. I think it was someone else spreading them around like candy that caught Sherona's attention.

Ditto.

And again have to agree with T.