This or That? (F for M or F - Tentatively back)

Started by IllusionsandLies, June 12, 2017, 09:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IllusionsandLies

Hello and welcome to my bland little search thread. I'll probably jazz it up eventually. Okay so first the basics of things, no? Yeah really not liking the layout thing on this site as much as I liked the other one so we'll have to just...see how this goes...

What is this?

This is an attempt to make my information look as lovely and complicated as everyone else does. No, I just really don’t want someone to glance at my poorly formed lists, which I thought would be easier, and think that I’m a lesser player. It happens. However, I’m terrible at making things colorful or pleasing to the eye so I feel this will seem more like a textbook.

Who is IllusionandLies?

That’s a great question and we don’t really have time to get that deep into the pool. But I can give you some general basics about myself! First and foremost, I am a female on the real side of the screen and I generally write as female characters. On occasion I’ve been known to switch things up but only to play a canonical character in a fandom. And that is rare, usually it’s an NPC type setting or someone who is minor in appearance but needed for plot purposes. I speak English as my first language and only bits and pieces of broken sentences from others. I think I’d like to say that I’m not a picky person when it comes to what someone writes but if it’s difficult to decipher because of typos and punctuation errors, I lose interest. And I apologize for that. I’m not a stickler for completely proper grammar myself so don’t think I’m going to be giving things a grade. I’ve been writing and roleplaying for roughly 15 years though when I was a teen it wasn’t really the same thing. I’d like to think I’ve matured and developed a more sophisticated writing style. Probably not but one can hope.

It’s hard to come up with things to talk about…I feel like I’m doing an interview.

I promise I’m not a mean person and on occasion I’m easily intimidated, especially by some of the extremely talented players I’ve seen here on E! I enjoy talking to my partners outside of whatever story we’re weaving together so please be upfront with me if you’re not interested in making friends. I promise I’ll keep things to a strictly business matter when we discuss things. I’m also always looking to step a little more and more outside my box, it’s hard to tell people if I will or won’t like writing something if I haven’t ever had a chance to experience writing it before. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I shall do my best to answer them!

What can you expect from me?

This is where things get a little listy. And yes, I’m aware it’s not a word. Just to clear things out, I ask that you don’t judge me by what I’ve written with other people. I’m notorious for mirroring what my partners give me to work with. If they have only provided me with a paragraph of something then I’ll try to give them back two or three but often, what they give me is what they get back. Which sounds terrible! On the flipside, if someone gives me 15+ paragraphs filled with description and world building and such, please understand that I’ll do my best to keep up but I can’t describe more than you’ve already done. There are only so many times someone can go on about the same interior of the room.

I won’t get mad if I’m suddenly dropped. A little warning would be nice but if you’re not feeling it and you’re not interested in attempting to fix things, then that’s fine. I’ve been guilty of disappearing and I feel terrible because the people I was writing with are amazing writers and they deserved better than that. Now, would I prefer you tell me? Absolutely. Does that always happen? Nope and I completely get it. So please no real worries on that.

I write in Third Person. It’s something I’m a bit of a stickler on. Mostly because I can’t seem to write in Second Person, and I find that writing in First is frustrating when my partner doesn’t understand limited perspective. So, to save us all, I’ve just limited myself to that one. Perhaps for the right partner I’ll be willing to try a different Point of View.

Now, as for my preferred mediums, you’ll find that I’m a very easy-going gal. I don’t really care where we write together. Threads/Forums, PMs or Google Docs & et cetera. I do have a Discord and while I do roleplay on it, I much prefer that to be used for Out of Character communication.

Which leads us to my reply speed and frequency. I’ve been accused of typing too quickly and actually had a partner get mad at me for responding too often. Depending on the day and the muse, I can sometimes get several replies out in a day back and forth in our own story. Sometimes it’s a once a day thing and I rarely try to let it go longer than two days. However, life happens. It’s an unfortunate fact. And if I’m really struggling to find the muse, I’ll let you know that I’m having trouble coming up with a meaningful response. My muses can be fickle little things.

I think I’ve covered the general basics…Which further leads us too…

The fact that I use too many ellipses.

What do I prefer?

Seriously actual lists now!

1.   Genres - I’m open to just about any genre out there save for Horror. I’m not a fan of that sickening hopeless feeling that comes with those sorts of things. They often leave me feeling depressed and unwilling to write so I ask that we just generally steer clear of that. Now if we want a darker theme, I’m all right with that but I don’t want that full on, no escape we’re all going to die because of reasons. I don’t have any preferences beyond that one but I’ll never say no to something High Fantasy based. Give me magical bows and glowing rock cleaving swords any day! Give me mythical creatures, magic, an epic quest and fantastical places with trees that are covered in silver bark and smell like cinnamon! You get the picture…
2.   Ratios – So this one is a weird one to bring up because it’s hard to explain. I don’t mean what sort of elements we’ll involve or what sort of things the characters will be getting up to. I mean, that odd little percentage that people seem to be fixated on such as 70/30 Smut-to-Plot ratio. I find it a very odd and a bit of a stifling thing. Personally, I prefer a nice balance but that’s because I want to write with people. But I understand the craving you get for something a little naughtier and adult.
3.   Content – I’m open to just about everything under the sun from soft and romantic to hard and non-consensual. Let’s hash things out and see what we want to mix up in our stories and the world the characters live in.
4.   Dom/sub – This are things that are often featured and while I enjoy them in the stories, they aren’t required. Not everyone wants that sort of an element and I completely understand. Now, if we include them, I feel the need to state that I don’t feel comfortable playing as dominate character. It just, doesn’t sit well with me. Now that doesn’t mean that my girls won’t initiate something or be “brats” who push things. They’re also not just blindly submissive to people, I tend to mix my girls with some sass and fire.
5.   Emotions and Motivations – I want characters to feel things. This was another odd one to put on the list but don’t give me flat characters who do things because they can. Please give me character building and development. I want them to change and grow. Don’t use a character that’s well established and you refuse to change things. It’s frustrating when it’s a constant battle of “No my character wouldn’t do that” without any real explanation. I get that some characters are rooted strongly, I wouldn’t expect someone like the “Good Guy of the Year” to suddenly just snap and go killing people without a real reason and/or motivation.
6.   Word Usage – Okay just bear with me on this one. So I’m a fan of the “dirty” words and unless I’m told otherwise I’ll use them. So if you’re offended by certain words and terms please let me know. Also, give me a heads up if you plan on using flowery euphemisms in your writing. Such as things like “gentleman rod into her love tunnel”…Like you gotta warn someone if that’s the thing you prefer to use.
7.   Fandom – Yes I play in the world of the fandoms and yes sometimes I’ll play a Canon character but it has to be a really good plot to get me to play Canon x OC unless you’re willing to double up and let me have my fantasy guy with an OC of my own. I feel it’s terribly off balanced when people ask you to play someone for their original because that puts you into a box. I’m more interested in playing OCs in a Fandom Universe.
8.   Tropes – Some tropes are great but there are a few that you really have to convince me to play and that is Harem and Older Woman with a Younger Man. I don’t mind playing multiple characters, but I don’t like writing sex scenes with myself. If I wanted to do that then I’d just write in my novels not with someone else. And then the whole…Older Woman thing. I get why people like it. I mean I like the idea of a younger woman with an older man, so I get the appeal. But again, you’ll really have to convince me to play it with a good plot. And I still don’t play dominant characters…
9.   Characters - So I personally like to play characters that are well rounded. I generally play girls that are curvy and a bit realistic. I like to play women with larger breasts but I'm completely open to playing anything that fits my partner's preferences. Now, I also have a bias toward redheads and thus will make my characters a variation of the color, unless, again, my partner has a preference for one type of appearance over the others.

The Offs / Hard No
1.   Pregnancy – I don’t want anything to do with it beyond a “risk” of pregnancy that never comes to fruition
2.   Anything that breaks the guidelines of the site
3.   Toilet Play
4.   Vore
5.   Necrophilia or dismemberment – the dismemberment can happen off screen prior to or implied by in the case of something either Supernatural or Science Fiction based
6.   Godmodding – Now this one needs a bit of explanation. You can take temporary control of my character in the event to move them through a scene such as having my girl step into a room or take a seat somewhere but nothing more than that.

I think I’ve covered it all but please again reach out and ask me stuff!

Here is a page of various faceclaims and such. So if you see a girl you like let me know and maybe we can come up with something for her. The Ladies Illusion Plays

If I've gone missing then please take a look here and see if I've said something! Apologies for Sudden Absence

Current Cravings:I've had the urge to do something in the Avengers but I'm only familiar with the MCU.

I'm also craving a game with Medusa and I have an idea! Click Here

I've been on a Yu Yu Hakusho kick lately so I'd be up for something that somehow involves that.

Plot Ideas:

"And You Are?"

Pairing: MxF, FxF
Theme: Slice of life...probably...with a balance of smut and plot
Notes: This plot is very basic...I mean really basic...Just something to get us started...more or less

YC is famous. Super famous in one way or another. Maybe in music, maybe YC is infamous for being that horrible person, maybe an actor. Regardless YC can't go anywhere without being recognized until they end up in Small Town, USA, where everyone knows each other and no one locks their doors, for one reason or another. Maybe they were stranded, maybe they're on vacation, maybe they just ran to get away from the pressure. They run into MC who, for once, doesn't recognize them immediately. In fact most people in this sleepy little town don't really seem to know who YC is.

"Other World"
Theme: Fantasy
Notes: Heavily based on the other world concept from Coraline but has nothing to do with the actual movie/book or characters

So C1 is in a bland place...hates their life, job, school, whatever, and somehow ends up in like...a parallel world where their life is perfect and they meet C2. C2 is like a fresh breath of air and things are perfect or so they seem. Then things take a darker turn and C2 struggles to convince C1 to leave. Where it goes from there is open for discussion.

"Project S.Soldier"
Theme: Fantasy-ish I guess
Notes: This is not a Captain America thing. I don't know shite about him and I'm not really super interested in that coming into contact with this.

So C1 is a super human/special somehow/etc and was created by the government to be a super soldier. C2 is a scientist who just came onto the team and something happens. C1 and C2 form an instant psychic bond leading C2 to suddenly become forcefully part of the expiraments now. Where is goes is up to the partner.

"Doll on a Music Box"
Pairing: MxF or FxF
Theme: Fantasy, balanced plot and smut but can be more smut than plot
Notes: Heavily inspired and based on the story of Pygmalion. I'm willing to play either character.

C1 is a struggling artist who one made one masterpiece and that is a beautiful/handsome music box doll (C2). The doll is the only companion and often C1 talks to the creation, growing more and more attached as they struggle to make a name for themself in the artistic world. After a particularly brutal day the artist returns devastated and defeated to find that C2 has come to life. Has C1 gone mad? Were they blessed? Or is there something darker possessing the beloved creation?

"You Belong to Me Now"
Pairing: MxF or FxF
Theme: Darker erotica, futuristic-modern...I promise you'll get it when we discuss. I will not be playing the dominant partner in this.
Notes: I've had a lot of interest in this particular plot and I've had a few drops of this plot so I'm still looking however I'm being selective as things are starting to get repetitive with it.

The world is a darker place where your word is your bond, no matter what it is, and things that were once outlawed are now fair game. MC's father has a gambling addiction and doesn't know how to stop, especially when he's winning. While he's on a winning streak he says something stupid and puts his daughter, MC, up for grabs in front of several people. And loses. And she ends up in YC's grasp one way or another.

"Reflections in the Water"
Notes: I really wanna be a fucking mermaid so I made a damn plot!

The city Aquarium has a new show, a mermaid show actually. Nothing like this has ever been done before in YC's sleepy city. But now here it is and everyone gets a free ticket for one night and one night only. Why the hell not, it's free. Days after the show YC meets MC and realizes that she's the mermaid in the show! But what sort of secrets are being hidden and why is she staying so close to the owner of the Aquarium all the time?

"Living Forever?"
Notes: Inspired by the show Forever which was eventually canceled because prefer stupid shows instead of ones that make you think.

C1 is an immortal. But they haven't always been obviously. However they don't know why they are immortal. They were killed, or so they should have been and yet they were cursed instead to keep reawakening in random places that pertain to how they died. C2 is someone in their life who doesn't know the secret. Has no clue that their extremely intelligent friend is actually hundreds, possibly thousands, of years old. However things are going decently well enough until someone shows up who is also immortal...and has been for much longer.

"You're Here?"
Theme: Slice of life
Note: This can be altered to have an incest twist

The two were close as can be growing up. But MC was known as the one who always got away. The feelings were there between them but never able to be acted on for one reason or another. They were going to be together forever, YC was convinced that this was going to be for life. Then one day MC was gone with no warning and no way to contact. YC looked, honestly looked for her but she had just seemingly vanished. MC's mother wasn't worried at all and said MC had just run away. YC went on with life, grew up and continued forward but never forgot the best friend. But now MC has shown up out of the blue in the worst way possible. She's in YC's bride's wedding party. The blushing bride had no idea that there was history...Where do they go from here?

"Best Friends"

Pairing Type: MxF or FxF
Theme: Slice of Life, erotica
Notes: This will NOT become a threesome with the bitchy-girlfriend! MC hates the woman completely. On another site I tried this I had too many people suggesting it so I'll state it right now and stop any attempt. NO F/M/F or F/F/F!

MC and YC have been best friends for years, together through it all thick and thin. Hell or high water where one was the other was right there. But now they live together and things are a little shaky. MC has been in love with YC for years, willing to drop everything at the drop of a hat for them, and the opportunity was never right. Life had it's way of keeping things from happening so confessions were never made. YC has a girlfriend already and yes, she's pretty and probably a good lay but her personality leaves a lot to be desired. A mutual friend brings up that the girlfriend is a bitch and controlling and YC could do much better...or maybe they assume our people are dating. But something comes in to change that dynamic and YC starts to see MC in a new light.

"Oi, Save Me from My Family"

Theme: Slice of life, fake dating
Notes: An idea that's been bouncing around in muh head for a bit

C1 loves the family, it's great and wonderful if only mom/dad would STOP trying to hook C1 up with someone! Yes they are the only one in the family left not to have a significant other but really why does it matter? Still however C1 is desperate for an out when they get an invite to a major family event (wedding, birthday, etc) because they know what'll happen if they show up alone. So in a fit of desperation they go online and hire a professional. C2 is the perfect dating experience and they are more than willing to help a client through any issues, for the right price.

"Paradise Island"
Pairing: MxF, FxF, or MxFxF - one time only
Theme: Slice of life, erotica
Notes: In this if I will play two females there will not be a threesome. The two girls will not have any sexual relations between each other.

Welcome to Paradise Island! That's the banner that greets all the visitors to the private island resort. YC has come to the island, for business or for pleasure, and decides to stay at the luxury hotel. It has everything that anyone needs and actually contains it's own small village on the property. Everyone who lives on the island are members of staff and everyone else is a visitor to the island. However things are special on this island and nearly anything can be fulfilled. There are parts of the island where rules are very, very laxed. What sort of things will people get up to?

"That Witchy Woman"
Theme: Supernatural, witches, erotic

YC got a number from a girl at the club only to find out that it's a wrong number. Instead it connects to MC, a barista in a coffee shop who happens to be a secret witch. And she can make just about anything happen. I want to build this one with my partner so this is very basic.

"Legs for Miles"
Pairing: MxF, possibly FxF
Theme: Slice of life, erotica

MC is a model. A very specific model that focuses on shoes and leggings. It's not a super glamorous position compared to the models who get their faces plastered all over the place but she's very happy in her job. YC can literally be anyone from her manager, photographer, stylist, even a designer who wants her to model their shoes. I know it's sorta weird but I like the idea of a girl in heels and stockings or something similar through the entire thing.
And of course it'll go as long as we want it but I'm sort of hoping for a longer term thing.

"Only Family is What Remains"
Pairing: MxF, possibly FxF
Theme: Starting again, erotica, taboo
Notes: This one is specific in the incest department and I'm leaning toward a sort of medieval fantasy setting but that can be negotiated easily.

The revolution was a curse and a blessing. The King was killed and a new one was put in place. But the chaos left behind made the life beyond the castle a nightmare. Families had been ripped apart during the war. Fathers and sons forced into battle while mothers and daughters were left to tend if they could. Our family was one of those. YC was taken and forced into armor and to fight. When the battle was over and those who had not been killed or chose to stay were allowed to leave with honors and a hefty sum. But the home was gone, lost when it couldn't be maintained and then burned to the ground during a raid. MC is YC's only surviving relative (sister, daughter, niece - open for discussion) working in a filthy tavern hoping to get a way out of servitude. Rest of the plot is up for discussion.

"Pleasure Cruise"
Theme: Erotica
Notes: Would like this one to end up being long-term

MC got a once in a lifetime chance, or so she believes. She won a chance to go on a pleasure cruise. And when they say pleasure...they mean pleasure. Yes it had all the same features that most family friendly cruises had however this one was geared toward single adults looking for something. There are special rooms set aside for the more adventurous, the voyeurs, the dark and twisteds, the list goes on. MC is bright eyed and fresh faced and completely in over her head. She runs into YC and the two go on a crazy week filled with passion and lust. But what happens when the ship docks? Do they go separate ways or continue to see each other?

"Star Wars Fandom"
Theme: Fandom
Notes: Ideally set around the same time KOTOR

Crime runs rampant in the Galaxy and for Zeda (MC) it's a way of life. Whether she's hunting a bounty put out illegally or smuggling contraband goods, Zeda does what she does best, look out for herself.  That is, of course, until YC came into the picture. She gets sent to hunt down YC (for a reason of your own design) and that's when things changed. But for the good or for the bad? That remains to be seen.

"Dangerous Kinds"
Theme: Erotic supernatural crime fighters
Notes: Originally had WerexVampire in mind but we could discuss if you have further ideas

Since time immemorial Vampires and Weres have been at war with each other. Recently though a shaky peace treaty was struck between the Council of Elders, all beings beyond the humans, and now the war has ended. A group of humans know about the beings in the shadows and to help keep the weaker humans safe, a supernatural police force has been formed. A Were and a Vampire have been put as partners in the force and tasked to hunt down their own kind gone rogue.

Other less developed ideas!

Batman (or anyone but you gotta bring a good plot for an OC) x Reformed!Poison Ivy - because Ivy doesn't get enough love damnit
Something based on or around the Harvest Moon series
Something band related
School settings

So I know I said fandoms and such and there are so many to list but these are I guess...top faves in no particular order.

• Fatal Frame series
  • Ephemeral Fantasia (another one that would surprise me if people know what it is)
  • Skyrim
  • Gundam Wing
  • Bioshock (I've only played 1 and infinite)
  • Some of the classic 90's animes...you know what I'm talking about
  • Sherlock (this one would need some serious discussions)
  • The Dragon Age series
  • Tolkien universe
  • Kingdom Hearts (1 & 2 mostly)
  • Uncharted
  • Tomb Raider
  • Blue Seed (if you know this omg I would love you forever!)
  • Classic Disney and a few newer ones
  • Dynasty Warriors & Samurai Warriors game series
Ehh tons more but I can't think of ones to list at the moment.

So there you go. Please remember that the things listed are just the tip of the iceberg that's all I can think of at the moment. If you have any questions please feel free to post or PM me. If you PM you'll probably get a faster response time.

Hurry back! Hurry back. Be sure to bring your death certificate if you decide to join us. Make final arrangements now. We've been dying to have you.

IllusionsandLies

Current Image Inspiration

This lovely lady

Fantasy or medieval possibly

Winter based

IllusionsandLies

IllusionsandLies

IllusionsandLies

So I have an idea for something revolving around the character of Medusa from mythology. I'm looking for a historical fantasy type thing...

Basically my idea is that I play Medusa, the same one from the stories who was turned into a monster creature that turns men to stone but she actually has magical wraps that she covers her eyes with and that turns her back into her other human form. So here is a brief run down.

YC is a Greek/Roman/Egyptian/Etc noble/warrior/usurped royal/etc who was told by an Oracle that in order to survive or reclaim their title, they have to have a monster of their own as the great enemy has a massive army and a creature/monster. Thus begins the quest. YC finds MC in her lair (I imagine it looking at lot like the scene from Clash of the Titans the remake) and either outfights her or outwits her...some how convinces her to join them. The bindings are found and as long as they are wrapped around her eyes, she's harmless but once they are removed she turns back into her "monster form"

More plot to be discussed with my partner!

IllusionsandLies

Small nudge...I need to come up with new plots

ShadowDancer

Hey, it's been several years since I've been back, so please forgive me if I'm messing up on protocol here.  The Paradise Island sounds like a pretty cool role-play.  Would you like to try that?
Good looks go away over time.  Attraction stays forever.