Of Fire,Water,Earth&Air(Extreme-LGBTQ friendly,POSSIBLE RE-DO!Interest check)

Started by bubby, October 14, 2013, 03:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Howling

Quote from: TheRedWind on October 26, 2013, 01:25:36 AM
Sheer Unadulterated Awesome
Personal Information:

Name: Cole Ranalta
Affiliation: Freelance mercenary; currently employed by the Queen.

Personality: Cole is what many would call a gruff man. If at all possible, he avoids speaking directly with people, and tends to be cold and brutally honest when he does. His quiet detachment allows him to be very analytically about people and situations, and gives the impression that he's much dumber than he really is.

In combat, Cole could be described as a savage, treating his opponents with almost no mercy and giving them no time to go on the offensive. However, in his mind battles seem to go in slow motion: He observes every swing, predicts every counter. Battle is almost like a nirvana for the man.

Biography: Cole Renalta has known little else than violence in his life. As a child, both of his parents were , as well as dozens of others in his home town of Arlinac, executed before his eyes under suspicion of harboring an elemental. The raid demolished the economy of the town, forcing all the villagers to migrate to a nearby village of Redham to find work and food. Cole was taken in by the family of the local blacksmith, where he learned the basics of forging and simple craftsmanship.

Harboring ill will toward the Queen in his young teens, Cole begged his surrogate father again and again to train him in the ways of swordsmanship too, but was always turned down. "You don't yet understand what it means to kill," his father would say. "Only when you comprehend the value of life can you learn to kill."

Frustrated with his father's refusals, the young Cole stole a spare long sword from his weapon storage and began training alone in secret. Since the blade was a bit over-sized for him at the time, his style was rather awkward: he would hold the grip with his right hand and the middle of the blade with his left. After a year of secret training he became proficient in this style, or so he thought.

When Cole was fifteen, his new home was also attacked, but by a large group of bandits. They arrived quietly by night and slit the throats of the richest families. His own family was targeted as well, but not taken by surprise. Cole's father joined a skirmish with other men of the village against the bandits, fighting fiercely enough to wound one of them. Thinking himself prepared for killing, Cole drew his sword and attempted to assist his father. Instead, the aging blacksmith was distracted by his adopted son's entrance into the fray and was cut down. Ultimately, the marauders were forced to retreat, but once again, Cole was left without a family.

In response to the nighttime attack, the village decided to raise militia and train anyone older than ten to fight. Seeking redemption, Cole immediately joined the militia. Finally able to practice against other fighters, he quickly became one of the fiercest fighters in the village, known well for his unusual fighting style.

However, conflict once again found its way into Cole's life. After three years, the village's militia gained attention from the Queen who saw it as a possible threat that could join the rebellion. Without hesitation, she sent a platoon of her soldiers to exterminate the villagers. However, the people of Redham caught wind of this plot and prepared themselves for attack. When the soldiers arrived, they were met with surprising resistance. Casualties on both sides were very heavy forcing the Queen's men to retreat. Cole survived the battle with hardly a scratch and killed four of the queensmen himself, earning him his first war title, "The Slayer of Redham".

The village's victory only furthering her fear of its rebellion, the Queen sent a much larger force to the town, triple the size of the last. Under such overwhelming force, Redham was forced to surrender after losing nearly all of its fighters. Once again, Cole fought ferociously, but had no choice in the end but to run away or face execution.

Having lost everything time and time again, Cole resigned himself to fate, and no longer blamed the queen, but humanity itself for his life's grief. Knowing little more than how to fight, Cole put himself out as a sword-for-hire, using any money from mercenary jobs to pay for food and rooms at inns. With his smithing knowledge, he forged a much lager blade befitting of his fighting style. He lived a very spartan, nomadic lifestyle for a few years, slowly building a name for himself. Eventually, the name Cole Renalta became both famous and infamous depending on who you asked. Known as one of the land's best and fiercest soldier of fortune, he was eventually recognized by the queen herself, and offered a baron's payment for his loyalty to her.

Appearance: Cole has a rather muscular and lean build, standing at around 5'11''. The man keeps a thick, but well-kept beard that complements his tousled brown hair. In battle, he most often wears a layer of leather armor over some light chainmail, prefers a simple brown tunic in times of leisure.

Combat Information:

Weapon(s): Cole carries a two-handed 41" greatsword (shown in picture) and a foot-long dagger for both utility and back-up.

Ability/Skill(s): Cole's fearsome ability with his great sword has earned him various nicknames, such as the For-Sale Fury and the Calamity of the West. He holds the blade with one hand right above the pommel and the other alternating between the grip and on the blade itself, swinging with surprising but not perfect speed and strength. He is proficient with a longbow, but is by no means an expert archer.

Strengths: With an attack pattern reliant on sheer force, Cole specializes in melee combat. He also prefers independent work due to his general stoicism and dislike for others.

Weaknesses: Cole does not work well with others. He has an overall pessimistic attitude toward humanity, leading to frequent disagreements with any potential partners. In addition, his brute-force fighting style can leave him open to attack from a more agile opponent or someone attacking from a range.

Sexual Information:

Sexual Nature: Heterosexual

Turn Ons & Offs: O/O's

Other Information: No, I did not copy this character from the movie Ironclad. This mercenary character is actually someone I've been wanting to play for a while, and when typing "medieval great sword" into google, I got a picture of James Purefoy. How convenient.

Don't take this as me being nitpicky, I'm really not. But the average claymore was about 55 inches in length, with a 13 inch handle. Making it about 42 inches of actual blade length. That wouldn't be a massive greatsword like I was picturing from the fighting style, unless you mean the blade alone is 44 inches.

TheRedWind

I meant the blade alone. The whole thing is maybe 57 inches. Do you think I should lengthen it? To be honest I'm not extremely educated in these things. I had to do some research.

Black Howling

Quote from: TheRedWind on October 26, 2013, 01:54:36 AM
I meant the blade alone. The whole thing is maybe 57 inches. Do you think I should lengthen it? To be honest I'm not extremely educated in these things. I had to do some research.

For a truly massive blade, I'd go about 47 inches and put the rest on width. Anything more overbalances it in length rather then weight, which can damper things regardless of strength. I'm a sword and knife enthusiast. Thing is, a zweilhander, the bigger of the two styles, is way bigger. Most were larger, handle and blade total, then a full grown man. The example, in pic, is more claymore style though.

TheRedWind

Yes, I was thinking of using a zweilander, but I wanted to be a bit more practical. I was going for a claymore type slightly larger than the one depicted with a wider blade.

Thorne

... I admit it, I didn't even register that. I was too busy drooling over the character picture. >.>
*mops puddles*

I'll .. ah.. just.. be over there, behind the curtain. ^^;
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Black Howling

Quote from: TheRedWind on October 26, 2013, 02:06:55 AM
Yes, I was thinking of using a zweilander, but I wanted to be a bit more practical. I was going for a claymore type slightly larger than the one depicted with a wider blade.

Blade width is a bitch. Did good not describing it, but go with a 47 inch blade. 13 inch handle. Despite what it seems, that extra three inches makes all the difference.

And I know, that's what she said right?

Black Howling

Quote from: Thorne on October 26, 2013, 02:10:28 AM
... I admit it, I didn't even register that. I was too busy drooling over the character picture. >.>
*mops puddles*

I'm a guy, and I knew the dude was hott. So yeah, I can see that. It's just a pet peeve of mine.

Know how to make and use swords, it tends to bug ya. Sorry, everyone.

TheRedWind

Quote from: Black Howling on October 26, 2013, 02:11:04 AM
Blade width is a bitch. Did good not describing it, but go with a 47 inch blade. 13 inch handle. Despite what it seems, that extra three inches makes all the difference.

And I know, that's what she said right?

Alright, I will definitely take your advice since you know what you're talking about. And indeed she did say that.

Quote from: Thorne on October 26, 2013, 02:10:28 AM
*mops puddles*

Well, at least I know how to defeat you IC: Post pictures of attractive men. OOC you'll be so distracted you won't be able to post correctly xD

bubby

Black Howling

Quote from: TheRedWind on October 26, 2013, 02:15:34 AM
Alright, I will definitely take your advice since you know what you're talking about. And indeed she did say that.

Feel free to ignore if you want, dude. It was a dick move for me to say that, it just crawls at me sometimes. Sorry if it seemed bad. Just, the character is cool and the sword made it cooler. I like big swords, and so it kinda had to be written. ;D

bubby

Quote from: Black Howling on October 26, 2013, 02:27:44 AM
Feel free to ignore if you want, dude. It was a dick move for me to say that, it just crawls at me sometimes. Sorry if it seemed bad. Just, the character is cool and the sword made it cooler. I like big swords, and so it kinda had to be written. ;D

I like big swords too.

TheRedWind

Quote from: Black Howling on October 26, 2013, 02:27:44 AM

No, I genuinely appreciate advice from people who know more than me. Then I learn and get to know more than other people and give them advice. It's the circle of knowledge.

Black Howling

Quote from: bubby on October 26, 2013, 02:30:04 AM
I like big swords too.

Oh, I know you do! ;)
Quote from: TheRedWind on October 26, 2013, 02:31:04 AM
No, I genuinely appreciate advice from people who know more than me. Then I learn and get to know more than other people and give them advice. It's the circle of knowledge.
Glad to hear!

Thorne

Quote from: TheRedWind on October 26, 2013, 02:15:34 AM

Well, at least I know how to defeat you IC: Post pictures of attractive men. OOC you'll be so distracted you won't be able to post correctly xD

In my defense, James Purefoy is one of those actors that I will watch almost anything he's in. Bonus points if he's nekkid. <.<
There's.. a .. list of those. >.>

Anyway! Yes. Big sword. Awesome. *sage nod*
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

bubby

Quote from: Thorne on October 26, 2013, 02:33:43 AM
In my defense, James Purefoy is one of those actors that I will watch almost anything he's in. Bonus points if he's nekkid. <.<
There's.. a .. list of those. >.>

Anyway! Yes. Big sword. Awesome. *sage nod*

.... I want that list!!!

bubby

ALL RIGHTY....

Today shall be finish the Queens sheet and post up region pics and names!

VOTE TIME Should I make the OOC and character thread meow, or wait until everyone has completed theirs?

Moon Hound Hati

Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

bubby

Moon Hound Hati

Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

bubby

Quote from: Moon Hound Hati on October 26, 2013, 12:52:56 PM
Also...

Oh.. oh I don't think so. You will ACCEPT my use of Meow... right meow!! IT'S MY THING!  :P  :P 

.... it's something my sons and I have done since the movie came out... >.>

So  :P  :P  :P

Moon Hound Hati

Quote from: bubby on October 26, 2013, 12:56:35 PM
Oh.. oh I don't think so. You will ACCEPT my use of Meow... right meow!! IT'S MY THING!  :P  :P 

.... it's something my sons and I have done since the movie came out... >.>

So  :P  :P  :P

Man, I can find the right memes for eveything these days. :P

bubby

Moon Hound Hati

bubby

ladia2287

I really shouldn't read these threads after work. I'm snorting lemondade through my nose right meow, lol :)