Interest check for a Supernatural themed roleplay

Started by Envious, November 23, 2018, 11:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Envious

Never heard of the show? No problem! Here is all the backstory you need: Supernatural is a dark fantasy where Hunters eliminate supernatural beings such as demons, ghosts, and other monsters that threaten the human world. Set in the modern world, the existence of the supernatural is not common knowledge; when a monster goes on a rampage, Hunters come in to clean up the mess and explain it away.

This roleplay would function under a similar pretext. Our characters would receive their orders from Hunter Headquarters to investigate and eliminate threats all over the United States. Hunters come from all walks of life. For some, it's a family business. For others, they had an encounter with a monster that forever changed them. Hunters are only human and do not form any sort of relationship with non-humans.

While there will be opportunity for smut, I will not be focusing on creating those opportunities and leave it up to players to do so.

Combat will be primarily freeform. Monsters will have an hp. Players will roll a die to determine how much damage their attack does. This is so there is a clear end to combat. If your character rolls a number that takes the monster to 0 health or below, you get to describe its glorious death.

The roleplay would start with our characters being assigned a mission where things quickly go awry and the tried and true conventional methods don't seem to be working. I'm hoping to nab 4-5 characters whose demographics do not matter since this is not a romantic roleplay.

Note: I am not an avid watcher of the show. This is loosely set in the Supernatural universe, but it may not conform to established lore. If you're a hardcore enthusiast, this roleplay is inspired by the series, but not following it very closely at all and may exclude show elements or randomly add its own.

Anna Katrine

Putting my interest down!

I am a handfull of seasons behind on the show, but have always loved the modern take on monster hunting that it presents.

Will start mulling about a character concept.

Remiel

Tentatively interested as well.  Are you keeping this a small group or going to make it more of a sandbox setting?

elfguy

I haven't watched the show but the setting seems interesting.
----

Envious

Hello, everyone!

Remiel: My intention is to start small so I know I can manage it and build up.

Elfguy: As long as you're down for slaying monsters, you'll do just fine!

Anna: I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

dshadow

Runi

Interested as well, even if the show and I disagree sometimes. *chuckle*
"No, Hobbes, nailing a live octopus to a wall is impossible, everything else is merely difficult." ~ John Taylor

O/o

willows

Writer, nacoleptic bartender, saint's smile in a demon's body

links to my O2

And my idea thread!

Saric

Tentatively interested. And quick question. You said the Hunters are only ever human, would you consider a magic user to be non-human? And is there the chance of them becoming non-human during the game? Vampires and Werewolves would be the obvious culprits for such a thing but in the show you are (loosely) basing this on I am given to understand that someone got a cursed dagger at one point and was able to master it, but in the process became a half-demon. Basically I'd like to know how much magic, ether used as spells or in the form of artifacts, you see entering this game, if any.
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Strega

I am not really familiar with the series, but I would be interested as well!