Carry the Flame West (Pathfinder system)

Started by Ixy, January 08, 2018, 02:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

Quote from: Latooni Subota on January 14, 2018, 04:21:39 PM
*Snickers*

Insanely Fuckable Healer

*blushes*  I didn't realize I'd done my job that well.  ;) 

Edit: Confirming in plain english: Yes, that is the character I'm aplying with. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Chulanowa

Quote from: Ixy on January 14, 2018, 03:14:36 PM
Player: Chulanowa
Character: Jaela Sands, Half-Elf Druid. 
Role: Support, Nature, Healing
Personality: Optimistic, copacetic, easygoing, prone to fascination

-Looks up copacetic because I am not a smart man-

Yup, that seems in order.  ;D

DomJoe

Well, this is going to be close, I'm feeling...

eBadger

Quote from: DomJoe on January 14, 2018, 10:14:41 PM
Well, this is going to be close, I'm feeling...

Likely to come down to who has the most syllables in their name *nods sagely*

Seriously, though, choosing is HARD.  And lots of good entries here. 

sullivanthedreadlord

I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

sullivanthedreadlord

Most modules are built for 4 players but most of the pathfinder games I have played in have mostly had more than 4 players. The shop game I take part in on the weekends has had at least 5 to 6 people in it. Its just probably takes a bit more planning to make it a challenge with out being too easy.
I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: sullivanthedreadlord on January 15, 2018, 09:40:13 AM
Most modules are built for 4 players but most of the pathfinder games I have played in have mostly had more than 4 players. The shop game I take part in on the weekends has had at least 5 to 6 people in it. Its just probably takes a bit more planning to make it a challenge with out being too easy.

The issue isn't GM planning.  It's player attrition.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

sullivanthedreadlord

I have never played Pathfinder or any other game like it on a message board before. I have only ever played it by sitting around a table and rolling dice.

My O/O Page

Muse

It's a really awesome experience, especialy if you like writing--or just enjoy a good fantasy novel. 

If you don't get into this one--there's not a lot of spots in the group!--keep applying, it won't take you long to get itno one. 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

sullivanthedreadlord

True. I am just been playing pathfinder that when it comes to building my character mechanically, I think I have it down well enough. I always try to be mechanically optimized so that my character is good at their job or jobs. I have a general idea of what I am going to play as when it comes to my characters. I sort of based my archer off of an archer I was till yesterday play when she took a lightning bolt to the face and died. It sucked but I had to make a new character and went for a Blood Rager which is a barbarian with some spellcasting as its a hybrid of a Barbarian and a Sorcerer. Not sure how it will turnout but I think with the group I am in it will be a bit fun to just be more smash.

My O/O Page

National Acrobat

Quote from: sullivanthedreadlord on January 15, 2018, 09:40:13 AM

My RL group still has most of the people in it that played 1E ADnD and we started the group in 1989. 1E encouraged large groups, and so our PF group has 9 people. When we meet for our 1/Saturday a month group, we have 11.

It's a lot trickier I've discovered than simply doubling the encounters to ensure it's a challenge, which is why I try to keep party size to 3 when I run an online PF game, but I agree, that makes it very, very hard to choose players, especially when you have so many awesome submissions.

While I try to make my PC really good at what they do, I also take background and story into consideration, and tend to not be fully min/maxed or optimized or however you want to put it, because story is more important to me personally for a pc than the numbers. That said, an 11th level fighter is still going to be a damn good fighter though.

sullivanthedreadlord

I have mostly played with groups that are a kind of mix of focus on first combat and with some light sprinkling of RP in it. Though my group has played more than just Pathfinder. We are currently also doing savage worlds. I have found that we are RPing a bit more in that one. This last session I think I well lets say I'm playing myself and I gave my full true name to the Queen of the Fey wilds. Not only that but I agreed to a blanket I owe you a favor to said queen as well because we needed to pick a flower and I suggested we ask the queen first when I found out that she would be mad if we just picked it.

My O/O Page

eBadger

I usually lean 4-5.  Enough to be well rounded but everyone has their own role.  And no major delays.  I've done the same size here, but may need to try out a small group next time I gm. 

Ixy

Sorry for the delay.  I'm thinking... really.  I have one other take I want to start and, honestly, the apps for this have just kind of overwhelmed me, and I don't want to waste this opportunity.

Muse

*smiles*  Take your time, Ixy. 

We really have given you a hard job.  That's flattering to us all! 

Latooni Subota

I can understand the conundrum. Good people everywhere!
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

eBadger

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Ixy on January 15, 2018, 06:03:23 PM
Sorry for the delay.  I'm thinking... really.  I have one other take I want to start and, honestly, the apps for this have just kind of overwhelmed me, and I don't want to waste this opportunity.

Ixy, what can we do?  Should we submit sexier characters?  ::considers making his submission a super hot paladin lady::
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

eBadger

*Performs a sexy gnome dance* short girls got more curves, yo!

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: eBadger on January 15, 2018, 11:29:22 PM
*Performs a sexy gnome dance* short girls got more curves, yo!

Eh, I am a little racist, in that I dislike the small races in Dungeons and Dragons.  Even dwarves.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

eBadger

I grew up with the old school dwarves when women had beards And the racial personality was "alcoholic Scottish" so...yeah.  I don't really do them.  But gnomes are cuuute! 

Ixy

I've selected the following characters based on how I expect them to interact, suit the plotline/scenarios I'm presenting, and generally fit the story.  This was not easy, and is not a slight to any player or character presented.  I really hope that we get to continue to RP together in the future.

IN FACT... I have specifically in mind to try to recruit a couple of you for an ongoing game that needs refresher characters due to dropouts... if you would be interested in a gothic/D-s/graphic game I've been running for a couple months, please PM me and let me know... it's on the boards as Ravens of Golgotha.

Thank you!

For now, accepted characters can be posted in the OOC/Character thread once finalized.  I'd like to post the first IC this weekend, as it's mainly written to go.  (((<<<Please bookmark the link)))

Player: Chulanowa
Character: Jaela Sands, Half-Elf Druid. 
Though not affiliated with the Crown of the Empire, Jaela's reputation among the druids is near legendary, and enough knowledge was shared with her order of the threats hidden in the unknown of the West-- in secret, of course-- to stir their worries.  She is chosen to ensure that these threats are dealt with.

Player: eBadger
Character: Myra something something, Gnomish Sorceress (Arcane Bloodline)
Hook: Her fame in the empire is well reputed, and they are calling on her once again to serve their interests.  Her loyalty is yet to be questioned.  Oh, little do they know.

Player: Latooni Subota
Character: Tessa Fairwind, Halfling Sorceress (Maestro/Serpentine Crossblooded)
Hook: Her knowledge of the serpent tongue will be invaluable, as it is believed that many native tribes of serpent-folk... or something that resembles them... breed heavily in the mountains and swamps west of the known borders. 

Player: PhantomPistoleer
Character: Sir Pallam Ren, Human Paladin
Hook: Sir Ren just led a group of initiates and lower clergy-centered warriors to clear a nest of resurrected natives... they were reptilian in nature, and it appears your rival nation had forged a dark pact to try a desperate maneuver to add to its ranks.  The tomb was... unsettling.   Now orders are to join the mission west and bring god's light.

Player: NationalAcrobat
Character: Cpt. Eathelstan Stoutly, Human Fighter
Hook: Cpt. Stoutly was heavily involved in the war effort, and his unit helped take the fort.  He knows the enemy, and he knows the local officers.  See post 1 when it's up.