Gunstar Autochthonia Campaign - Recruitment Thread!

Started by BruceTheCat, August 30, 2014, 10:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceTheCat

“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

Can I get everyone to post their character sheets here, that way it is easier for me to find everyone's submission? Thanks!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=213011.0
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Muse

I still have to do a complete rewrite without the flaws.  ^_^;; 

Want me to link to the old one while I work on that? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

Good morning, Red. 

Hiro's (Atarn's) War Stride Crimson Yeager is already artifact 4/4/3 and Commitment 22.  (This is before we give it melee capability.) 
We'd also very much like it to have an Auspicious Relay Node.  Would you like hiro to pay artifact background and/or committed motes to have this attuned? 

Auspicious Relay Node
(Artifact ?, Attunement ?): A clockwork assembly of starmetal housed beneath the control console of a voidfighter maintains a constant uplink to the Loom of Fate, allowing the Sidereal Exalted to synchronize with the ships of the Gunstar Defense Line. A Sidereal in Hadal using a Loom terminal may attune his senses to multiple voidfighters, committing a single mote for each ship he wishes to focus on. While he maintains this commitment, the Sidereal can telepathically communicate with the pilots of those ships, and simultaneously experiences everything they see. He can also activate any Sidereal Awareness Charms he knows on behalf of a pilot, allowing them to benefit from it as though they had used it. Charms used through an Auspicious Relay Node still follow all normal rules for Combos, and both the Sidereal and the pilot must take any actions needed to use an activated Charm.

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

BruceTheCat

Just a reminder guys to move any sheets over to the Character Sheet thread so that I can review them!
- scribus1000

ReijiTabibito

Are we getting an OOC thread, too?  I assume you want the sheets separate for easy review...BTW, who're we still waiting on?

BruceTheCat

I still have to go through and review everyone's sheet. But yes, we will have a OOC thread to use, separate from the main game and character sheet thread.
- scribus1000

ReijiTabibito

Are you going to be reviewing sheets for significant NPCs, or probably not?  Guys like Muse's Gossamer and maybe one or two of Argent's combat team.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

BruceTheCat

Sorry guys, I'm spending the next few days getting caught up with everything.
- scribus1000

ReijiTabibito

Hello?  Can I get some help, here?  I'm sitting on a done character, her nearly-done ally, and her not-even-started other ally...is this game dead?

BruceTheCat

Haven't had the chance to catch up yet. Trying to keep managing my other game that's going. I hope to get to it soon.
- scribus1000

ReijiTabibito

Okay.  I ask because there's an artifact build I'd like someone to evaluate, plus if someone can help explain to me a few questions I have on Alchemicals, that'd be great.

EDIT: It there anyone out there who can help me out?  I'm trying to select a Caste for Argent's Alchemical Ally so I can get around to *most* of the character building.  I've got my own thoughts, but it would be appreciated if others would chime in.

AndyZ

I don't really know Alchemicals well enough to help out.  Sorry.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Re Z L

Could you be more specific on what questions you have?
A&A

ReijiTabibito

I have 2 Re: Alchems.

1 - What would a combat-type Orichalcum Caste be like?  Generally speaking.

2 - I'm trying to build, for Argent's Alchemical ally, basically an Alchemic version of Star-Lord from GotG, or the Predator.  Thoughts on which caste would be better for it?  (I'd like it to be Orichalc, because of their impressive anima power, but...)

Re Z L

Ori are generally your Diplomatic types, or your paragons of some kind of ideal, the "larger than life" people.  Personally I'd see Starlord as more of a Moonsilver Caste (Explorer, Assassin, Spy, etc.).  This isn't to say that an Ori couldn't be used like that, but they'd typically be doing things like Starlord for some greater purpose or cause--some overarching ideal.

Your combat abilities for an Alchemical are extremely flexible/fluid.  Your Caste is basically irrelevant.  Do you want someone that uses ranged?  Melee?  Both?  Additionally they can have multiple suites of combat charms that they can switch out depending on the situation.
A&A

ReijiTabibito

So, Shepard-Paragon from ME is what an Orichalc would look like?

What about a Starmetal Caste?  Starlord's definitely a tricky type, a bit more social and a bit less physical than what I hear Moonsilvers to be like.

And what if I wanted to do the Predator?  Soulsteel?

Re Z L

Starmetals and Moonsilvers have a bit of overlap as far as what they typically do.  Starmetals are the more Mental focused of the two, Moonsilvers being the more Disguise-oriented of the two.  They're both pretty equally social/physical.

The rest of it is pretty spot on (Predator = Soulsteel, Shepard-Paragon = Ori)
A&A

ReijiTabibito

Maybe if I can tell you what I have in mind for the character, that will help sort this out - or even allow you to explain the possible flavorings for my concept with each caste?

Re Z L

A&A

ReijiTabibito

First off, the name - Argent's Alchemical ally is Entrancingly Arrayed Sentinel, or just Array for short.  I don't know what her regular job is (that is one of the things I'm hoping will shake out when her caste is decided), but working with Argent isn't her primary task, she's not a worker at the Howling Wolf (she was in her first incarnation, but that's an Age ago).

Array's role in the group is one part intelligence gathering apparatus, one part combat-bot.  One of her defining Charms is her Optical Shroud, which she's upgraded with as many submodules as she can.  I'm considering giving her Thousand Gear Wounds Style MA, but the more I've looked at it, and at the Charm, it doesn't really seem to mesh with my thoughts of her - I might just give her a klave and let that be it.

Re Z L

Intelligence gathering, while typically a more Starmetal thing, also fits for a Moonsilver--I'd say you can probably go with either really as far as looking for a good fit for caste.

If you're looking for a Martial Art that fits with Optical Shroud, take a look at Chrystal Chameleon (It's in the Glories: Maidens book), it works on becoming invisible and making unexpected attacks.  A Chain Daiklave installed through Transcendent Multimodal Artifact Matrix works well.

A&A

ReijiTabibito

Transcendant...what?  Can you fill me in on that?  That's a Charm?

Re Z L

Yup it's a charm, basically you get to turn a part of your body into an artifact weapon.
A&A