Erotic low-level DnD3.5 game

Started by Simon, September 24, 2007, 07:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

I have been thinking of starting up my first game here for a couple of days and been juggling ideas inside my head back and forth. I have decided to make it a DnD3.5 game of the Forgotten Realms setting (as I imagine that is the setting most people knows about best), but if a majority wish it I can also go for the Eberron setting.

Since we are here at E I want the game to hold an erotic/carnal feeling to it. For this I know of two supplement that is good to use:

Book of Erotic Fantasy and the Guide to Unlawful Carnal Knowledge

In the plan you will be playing low-level characters that is hired to solve a small mystery.

Ixy

OK... I've joined/floundered in a half-dozen startup d&d games, and perhaps I've earned a little scorn for it.  However, I am always willing to try one more, and always hope that it comes through really well.  Can you put me in the 'honestly interested' column, please, pending more development?

Mia Saisyu

Xerial

Arg... tempting either way... and me and my sucking at online group play...

Simon

Alright, this makes a few at least :)

What kind of character do you want to play AND... which setting?

Zaer Darkwail

I would be intrested play on Eberron, especially at Sharn, as investigators. I had idea for changeling beguiler (or rogue aiming for chameleon PrC from races of destiny). It would be daily mystery solving, including mysterious burglary, murders, kidnappings etc. Basically doing job what Watch cant do but where Red Cloak Battalion would be too much.

Despite for storng bend towards investigation there is role even for pure muscle there, for examply capturing and subduing criminals wich may be monstrous humanoids like bugbears and half-ogres (cosnidering the gangs in Sharn it is very possible). Also pure religious expert would be good incase of dark cult activity or for exorcise haunted spirits from house icnase if spirit is the cause for crime (so Silver Flame cleric can have spot also).

But if folks would want this set on Faerun I would suggest we all would be harpers who are resolving a mystery (or mysteries).

Ixy

I've no clue, honestly.  I'd probably NOT want to play a spellcaster, since the mechanics aren't my thing.  I'll probably prefer the old stand-bys... fighter, rogue, or something related.

OK, I know nothing of Eberron, but can learn... so I'm easy to please, so long as someone can gently correct me where I start to stray.

Simon

So... Eberron, investigation in Sharn (think enourmous city)... good.
Anyone against?

I will see what I can find that is short and that describes the scene.

Psionics is of course allowed...

Ixy, if you need help I'm here.

Muse

Collour me intrested. 

If this is flat out hentai, I'll play a gal, but if not, I'd like to play a Shifter Wilder named Arslan, basicly he's a high steel worker saving up to become an adventurer so he can move up in the world. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Simon

I should ask this back to you... do you want this to be Hentai or not? Just because the game picks the aspects of Hentai doesn’t mean we can’t have a plot. To be honest I'm good either way.

Muse

I'm quite in favor of good hentai with a good plot. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RubySlippers

Me I'm in, I love GUCK.

As for classes I was thinking an Expert leaning to a GUCK PrC maybe a Sweet Tongue if its more role-playing oriented. If an adventuring game maybe a bard or rogue and working on another prestige class. I prefer Forgotten Realms by far however.

Note I'm in this just to role-play and prefer as little responsibility as possible.  ;)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Simon on September 25, 2007, 08:29:32 AM
I should ask this back to you... do you want this to be Hentai or not? Just because the game picks the aspects of Hentai doesn’t mean we can’t have a plot. To be honest I'm good either way.

I dont mind it turn hentai in game style either (would be one few hentai games wich I have ever joined, so it is rare luxury).

Ixy

Ok... quick question...

I can look up Eberron, do my best with that, and will let you know if I find anything that catches my eye right off the bat.

As far as the Hentai discussion: If we DO make this game a "Hentai" game, how will that influence things?  See, I have this definition of what Hentai is that goes back as far as... oh, say, 1999.  How would this game be different as a "Hentai" game versus a heavy erotic game?

Just curious, sure I'll look like a dumbass, but... wtf, why not ask.

UPDATE:

By the way: searched for about 10 mintues and have decided, unless someone's already pinned it down, that I'd like to play a Changeling Rogue.  Not sure what kind of rogue yet... standard thief or a related class like Assassin, or perhaps even old-school "stalker" (urban Ranger) class.  Suggestions?

Simon

You ask the most difficult questions :)

In my book I'll say that the difference with a heavy erotic game and a hentai game would be that all members are females (ever seen a male hero in a hentai movie?) other than that... don't think there are much difference really...

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I wanted play changeling rogue but I can beguiler or any class wich can qualify for Chameleon ;). So two roguish changelings can be fun. Also changeling rogue variant class feature wich allows trade trap finding supremacy in social situations (take 10 in bluff, diplomacy, intimidate and sens emotive, can make gather info checks in 1d4+1 mins instead hours, also can as move action read invidual's moods whit sense motive instead 1 minute interaction).

But as note thanks their natures changleings are not trusted and changelings ESPECIALLY distrust other changelings, and there are three variety of changelings.

Anycase I am not 100% sure what hentai term in game would mean besides heavy sexual theme into it, perhaps more chance for strange creepy creatures molesting men and women :P.

Edit; Oh, that's true also. But how you would classify changelings wich can be either gender :P.

Simon

Just thought of one more thing... your adversaries are most likely going to fuck you then kill you if they defeat you.

Ixy

Hm. 

Mmm-kay. 

So, one for non-hentai here, but that's just me. 

And I'm thinking a human/changeling, female, still struggling with the idea of being 'not normal' and coming to terms with her abilities.

Suggestions for a class, then..?

Simon

Ixy

Hm.  Thought about that.  Kind of prefer sneaking and things like that, though... but thanks for the suggestion.  I will keep working.

(Modified again...)

And how about creation rules... points?  Level?  Any notion yet?  No pressure.  *g*

Simon

Not yet... we are enough people to start up a small game though so I will kick up an information and OOC thread tomorrow... hold on.

Start with 36 points on attributes, starting level 3, max HP.

Mia Saisyu

Woooo save me a spot...probably rogue-y type here..

Simon

So far I got the following people stating they want to play:

Zear as a changeling beguiler (or rogue)
Muse as Shifter Wilder (psionic class)
Ixy as a bard (either human or changeling)

Other interested has been:

Mia
Ruby

Muse

Actualy, Arslan doesn't loan himself to 32 point buy.  It's too hard to get a shifter's his charisma to a playable level and stil have stats aproprapriate to a construction worker. 

But since the votes are going for heavy exotic so far, I'll do a Elven Female Duskblade named Inari Nightwish. 

Muse

Eberon has somewhat intresting religions.  (They tried to strip all the spirituality out of Forgoten Realms in Third Edition.)  I don't think even the Silver Flame requires chastity from it's paladins, though. 

Simon

No doesn't seem like that... and the paladins of Eberron aren't really as pure as we are used to.

Jefepato

Quote from: Simon on September 26, 2007, 02:03:36 PM
No doesn't seem like that... and the paladins of Eberron aren't really as pure as we are used to.

Eberron's religions are less pure than normal (because clerics aren't restricted to being anywhere near their deity's alignment), but what's less pure about the paladins?

Simon

My mistake (a pure error in my reading), I read clerics as paladins in the text.

Simon

My ruling would be that as long as the paladin and a woman/man is having sex and both knows that this has no strings attached then it would be ok. BUT if say the other part would fall in love with the paladin because of this then just leaving the other hurt would be against their code.

It is much easier just to think paladin as really good guys.

"Will this cause someone innocent harm?"

Then your paladin shouldn't do it.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, I agree. Paladin can join a orgy if it is made clear in start that it is for pure relaxation, fun and pleasure andno attachments made and women bear the burden of chance of pregnancy (and make abort etc). Then lawful side paladin could join such agreed orgy, and good side can be tempted that all participants are paladins friends and paladin liking them alot.

But if someone falls into love thanks the 'sex act' paladin must carefully measure what to do (paladin love affairs are always messy issues :P). In way lawful side the person who wants 'more' is breaking agreement that sex was no strings attached but good side would know no one cant deny love when it starts blossom. So what to do? That would be intresting drama to RP out ;).

Ixy

Makes perfect sense.  Now, bring on the paladin.  High charisma, warriors' endurance... long hair... patient... strong hands...

How we doing on this game..?

Simon

Well there has been a OOC thread created (for those that missed that) and a deadline has been anounced for supplying characters (for those that missed that), the deadline is the 1st October.

Thread:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=11273.0

Ixy

I did miss that... and, that too.  Heh.  OK!  character on the way.

Simon

Quote from: Josh the Aspie on September 27, 2007, 07:20:46 AM
Well then I guess I won't be joining. My grandmother's birthday is October 2nd. I'm taking 2 day of vacation just to spend more time with her while she's in town, and she gets in town today. And spending time with her and prepping my apartment for her first viewing of it are more important to me than the fast generation of characters.

*bow* Thank you for your time in helping me understand what the DM and the group would expect from a Paladin. I am sorry that this time was wasted.

Well that was a good reason not to have time to fix a character in time. I have no problem in fixing you in the game later if you still want to join.

Simon

Quote from: Josh the Aspie on September 27, 2007, 07:38:00 AM
I would very much like to if that is alright.

What books do you allow material from?

No problem.

Depends on what material you are after really. Keep to those books that are for Dungeons and Dragons and Eberron, I usually don't like to mix the different settings.

Simon

I will not throw anything against you that you aren't equiped to handle. You are low-level going towards medium level... there aren't THAT much horrors that you would survive.

Zaer Darkwail

Yep, at Eberron is miracle you get past 1lvl really, and later on :P. 10lvl is examply levle where msot kings and rulers of nation lay out. Of course expection exchist in Kaius but rest would fall similar mold. Also general soldiers and guards are 1-2lvl warriors while one elite squad consits only toughest from last War (wich are 4-6 lvl fighters, rangers, wizards).

But anycase to reach mid levels is considered as big deal in Eberron, altough some mosnters fitted to that level grade are more nasty what their CR would hint at :P. Anycase celestial mount can be good still, but in Sharn it should (could?) be flying mount XD.

Zaer Darkwail

It will be urban game, but if you wonder is your charge good or not then there is nation who uses regulalry undead soldiers and necromancer produced undead are possible but in investigation focused game may not pop up that often :P.

Xerial

I'm still quite tempted, but I've been on a Drow bent of late... not sure that'll work so well...

Hunter

Simon

Simon

Quote from: Josh the Aspie on September 27, 2007, 10:16:16 PM
Questions. What rules out of the book of carnal knowledge will we be using?

There seem to be a large number of extra ways according to those rules to get someone into bed with you regardless about how they feel about you.

Personally I don't think those rules existed to be used on other characters... unless you want them too of course...

Zaer Darkwail

Well, powerful charge would be good even whit urban setting but all those smite abilities are nice. I tis up to you what sort flavour you want to your paladin :). Adding Incarnum element to paladin can be intresting to rp out. But dont discount the Extra Smiting feat to get +2 for daily smites (complete warrior).

Anycase you can be any following; Knight of Galifar (you follow ancient Galifar knight code of conduct, it can be good lead for Knight Protector PrC if intrested go that way), Paladin of Silver Flame (religion which is ONLY religion which actively fights against evil, especially evil of outsiders especially and specialize in exorcism) and also you can be paladin of Sovereign Host (most common place for paladins and common religion in Sharn). Also you can be paladin to specific Sovereign Host deity also.

If you want bit twisted paladin you could be paladin of Blood of Vol. Before you scream anything about 'evil' I note that 90% of followers of Vol are not aware how corrupted the religion is. The religion's main belief is to 'believe in divinity in your own blood' and so encourage for self reliance and also self-meditations for self-discoveries in your blood. You can believe that your paladin abilities come from your own blood and from your 'own divinity'. This can lead to bit egoistical paladin who says 'I am my own goddess' but it needs not be neccesary like that :P.

In any event Blood of Vol encourages fight against death, not undead (wich are btw, cosidered divine beings by Blood of Vol) but death in itself wich is 'final doom to everyone' who doesnt discover their own divinity in their blood and ascend. You can also play Paladin of Tyranny and still play basically as 'good guys' by having noble goals but be merciless about law.

Anycase we can figure out together why our characthers are together :P. The conflicting ideas about investigation methods create nice RP oppoturnities.

Simon

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 29, 2007, 04:48:50 AM
Anycase we can figure out together why our characthers are together :P. The conflicting ideas about investigation methods create nice RP oppoturnities.

I could solve that rather easy by just having your future employer to call you together.

Simon

Not a full duskblade should be added...

RubySlippers

One can never have too many Tanks. lol

Since I only have access to the basic rules and some material like from Unearthed Arcana and the like I'm having more trouble with a character. What do you have right now?

Simon

Muse - rogue/duskblade
Josh - paladin
Zaer - rogue
Ixy - bard

Hunter - cleric?

Xerial?
Mia?
Ruby?

Muse

Yep, I'll hit pretty hard in a few levels, but I'm trying to go the sexy clothes in combat route, with bracer's of armor. 

RubySlippers

In that case I'll go with fighter sort. At least she will be easy to work up.

Hunter

If I can figure out how to make a decent cleric under these dieties, yes.

Hunter

Actually, I prefer the term "war cleric" but that's me.   ;)

Hunter

Hmmm...okay...

Any idea what the ranged touch feat is called (I think it's in the cleric book).

Mia Saisyu

So what are we missing here? o.o I want to fill in a character gap and I need to start musing up my concept and get a pic..

Muse

Meep!  Well, I didnt take any of the trap master skills.  For me the rogue level was just for flavor and acess to acrobatic skills. 

Mia Saisyu

Hmmmm..dedicated healer it is , then. :D Any class suggestions aside from cleric, or would cleric be the best choice?

Mia Saisyu

Okay..i've looked around a bit and decided i'd switch things up and play a "blater" role instead..class reccomendations? XD

Muse

Zaer Darkwail

I agree whit the above that Warmage is awesome. But pretty much most Warmages were from Cyre and Cyre is atm kinda blasted wasteland. I would recomend you to be from Cyre if it would not involve so much explanation of your present situation :P.

But shortly said Cyre folk live by philosophy 'Enjoy your life fullest whitout others suffering from it' (in last War propaganda descriped Cyrian rulers hedonistic cruel anarchists and deviant, it was true SOME of Cyrian nobility was that dark but in overall Cyrians enjoyed good company, wine, poetry, plays more than hedonistic activity but Cyrians have most least restraint jump to one night stand tough :P) and their nation was one the most advanced (by military, teknology and even by most advanced magic use from all nations).

But then their nation got blowed up mysteriously three years ago and the around couple thousand Cyre refugees were refused to be 'housed' by any nation expect Breland and they were gived a small area in Breland where form refugee camp wich is also new town called 'New Cyre' (and their most royalty families also got blowed up and many died in Cyre, only their prince wich was not fully ready to take the 'crown of Cyre' is now your only king at moment).

Also as cultural side note Cyre folk know basically erotic alike energtic dance called 'Cyrian Tange' wich I think would RL resemblant mix of Tango and Latin dance (and anyone who calls herself Cyrian doesnt perform that dance style bad). Also at moment many wear 'mournin' wear wich is basically black/dark grey colored clothes wich follow otherwise normal Cyrian clothing style (which is curiously but well designed flowing clothes wich allowed perfect freedom of movement and also now short well flowing skirts are popular among Cyrian youth).

So, at moment all Cyrians 'mourn' for loss of their nation and all dream that Cyre will be get back altough present signs of it to happen are hopeless for many reasons; firstly Mournland is highly dangerous place, secondly no nation supports Cyre getting back their land (including Breland who was kidn enough to allow Cyrians settle into their land to form refugee town) and thirdly no one knows what happened in Cyre but all have their own 'theories' and stick to them but so far not many Cyrians believe the catastrophy was Cyrians fault.

RubySlippers

OldSchoolGamer

I'm interested...but I don't seem to be able to make posts as often as I used to.  And 3.5 is way too much system for me.  When making a D&D character involves more math and tables and whatnot than preparing for a tax audit, sumthin's wrong.

Muse

The thing I like most about 3.5 is the math.  As a system, it's much more intuitivly mathematical than second edition D&D, and a good chess game. 

2nd edition, on the other hand, especialy Forgoten Realms, was a much better RPG. 

Sarat

Well, I dunno if y'all still need more people, but it SEEMS you could use a caster? I don't know much about Ebberon, but I know a lot about 3.5. I would play a Gnomeish Sorcerer....shooting towards Effigy Master. He blasts stuff, then his Effigies smash them. I'll get more into it if you want me... Muse will vouch for me!

Astalinnon

I think an Olidammara-worshiping, trap-and-poison-wielding, backstabbing, lying, cheating, pickpocketing, greedy rogue would be fun to play. How's about it? =D

Simon

Quote from: Astalinnon on October 22, 2007, 04:15:54 AM
I think an Olidammara-worshiping, trap-and-poison-wielding, backstabbing, lying, cheating, pickpocketing, greedy rogue would be fun to play. How's about it? =D

We already have enough rogues so... sorry... but if you can come up with another concept you are welcome to apply.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Astalinnon on October 22, 2007, 04:15:54 AM

We have already 2 rogues so we have enough backstabbers :P. But a clerical caster or pure utility arcane caster (we do have warmage for offensive casting) would be welcomed.

Astalinnon

Oh haha sorry, thought there was a trapper slot open... in that case, I wish you all the most of fun and best of luck.

Xillen

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 22, 2007, 05:41:30 AMWe have already 2 rogues so we have enough backstabbers :P. But a clerical caster or pure utility arcane caster (we do have warmage for offensive casting) would be welcomed.

Is this group still looking for a Divine Caster? If so, I'd love to play one. I love the D&D game, and Divine Casters are more or less my favorite.

I never played on Eberron, though, and I never used the Book of Erotic Fantasy or the Guide to Unlawful Carnal Knowledge, though I have access to the Eberron PHB and both other mentioned works.