What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Quote from: Sylk on July 24, 2011, 01:45:15 AM
pre-ordered SW the old republic. We'll see if I like it or not

I know I will..I'll be pre-ordering it this friday. ;D

Though, with no release date, who ****ing knows when we'll get to play it...they still say the end of this year, but psh...I really hope EA isn't ****ing rushing them, because then it will suck. :/

Sabby

Uhg... just saw the new Call of Juarez game. Thats another series I liked ruined. Oh well, put it over next to Gothic 4.

Plus I just got my first game breaking glitch in a Stalker game! Its, like, a tradition xD

Wyrd

Put in my pre order for Skyrim, MassEffect 3 and Battlefield 3. Can't wait for this game-less summer to be over!
Ragtime Dandies!

Sabby

Just got an Indie game, Zombie Fort. It's... frustrating. It's a zombie survival RPG, so plays more like Kotor, but it's not very polished. I've seen gameplay videos, so obviously things get better, with you and survivors fortifying and barricading a base, but I don't feel like forcing through it right now... might try again later.

Got Boiling Point: Road to Hell up next, because Stalker died on me.

dready

Finally managed to get League of Legends working.

Tis fun playing an arctic bird of legend.

KRAW!

Melusine

I love playing MMORPGs. My most recent obsession is Lord Of The Rings Online. The community is really mature and helpful, and the gameplay is just plain fun!

And I'm anxiously waiting for Elder Scrolls V: Scyrim to come out. It's got dragons!

Sabby

Well, I can tell this is guna be a fun and productive relationship...

Mercenaries 2, on PC. Loved the first, liked the second, hated the pointless censorship and rushed release, but still a good game. Question, do you like QTE's? Yes? Then you'll love Mercs 2 on PC! It adds a new layer of challenge to the already fantastic button timed mechanic! Want to hijack a tank? Run up to the front and press USE. Now begins the trial... this is where you wait for a big button prompt, so you can press that button and be rewarded.

FIST! ...that's not a button, but obviously, a grey emblam of a clenched fist would mean MELEE right? Surely it's too difficult for Pandemic to code it so the QTE uses the key you bound to that function, what with EA getting pissy at them for allowing fire to burn for more then 5 seconds, so press MELEE.

Next prompt... SHOE! ... SHOE? Okay... Sprint? Nope, fall down. Get back up. Restart QTE. Try another button. Nope. Retry. Nope. Okay, check options. Well isn't that helpful! The little murky grey emblams don't even get listed! Now you can't tell what emblam means what! HA HA HA! Genius design here.

... -__-

Wyrd

Could be worse, you could be playing an MMO
Ragtime Dandies!

Sabby

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

dready

I love playing League of Legends, especially once I figured out what starting character I naturally use best.

Veigar, the little lord of all evil.
'I AM evil! QUIT LAUGHING!'
'It's only a short way? IS THAT A SHORT JOKE!?'

His play difficulty is set at 'Medium' but I find it easy. Don't charge in and attack champions until you've got to level 3, where you have a single skill rank in your three powers. When you do come across a champion, if they have full health: stun them, then GHOST to gtfo. If they have half of their health, stun them and drop a bit of dark matter on them and see how much damage that deals. If it takes out a good chunk, keep hitting them with a blast of dark energy, and drop dark matter on them after you've stunned them again. If not, GTFO.

Veigar plays best in groups, watching the rear-guard to take care of those bastard assassin characters, since they have less HP and barely any Magic Defense. That, and with your second summoner ability being 'Heal' you can hang around the group and help out allies that need to run away via stunning enemy champions.

Wolfy

Did anyone else get into the Battlefield 3 Alpha, or was it just me? o3o

dready

Quote from: Wolfy on July 27, 2011, 08:52:35 PM
Did anyone else get into the Battlefield 3 Alpha, or was it just me? o3o
No idea. I should have it since I got medal of honor special edition solely for the beta/alpha.

Wolfy

Weird..I didn't have to do anything, as far as I know. lol

dready

Quote from: Wolfy on July 28, 2011, 09:35:45 PM
Weird..I didn't have to do anything, as far as I know. lol
:I

On another note, I found out that it's incredibly common to save up points in League of Legends, and be less than 10 points short of a champion you want to buy. Then I'm like 'pshaw i doubt this' and looked at my points, thought that I could get Veigar, and I'm six points short. Six.

|; A ;/

Sabby

Playing Penumbra. Never heard of it? Its a swedish indie game that is a complete rip off of Amnesia: The Dark Descent, right down to the inventory screen.

Wait, what? It came out BEFORE Amnesia? Well, looks like even the indie developers aren't above a little good old plagurism. So much for being artsy and original, eh?

Though Amnesia did have Beardmouth, which was awesome, and Penumbra has mutant dogs that can be easily beaten to death with a pickaxe.

DJXTESX

I'm playing a source port of doom called GZDoom, and I'm playing a community made map pack that was released recently, and boy is it hard a nails though. It is fun none the less though XD.

rocknrolla

Quote from: Sabby on August 02, 2011, 05:32:29 PM
Playing Penumbra. Never heard of it? Its a swedish indie game that is a complete rip off of Amnesia: The Dark Descent, right down to the inventory screen.

Wait, what? It came out BEFORE Amnesia? Well, looks like even the indie developers aren't above a little good old plagurism. So much for being artsy and original, eh?

Though Amnesia did have Beardmouth, which was awesome, and Penumbra has mutant dogs that can be easily beaten to death with a pickaxe.

Amnesia spoiled me when it came to darker content; even Silent Hill seemed like a bloody joke after having played through Amnesia...
People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drums, drugs, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, other the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the fucking lot.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

Angzyn

Playing WOW....just started again after taking some time off. I almost cried when I found out all my character's had been deleted somehow.
Adams and Eves
Cravings:
World of Warcraft
Thundercats (2011)
Legend of Zelda

Sabby

You might like Penumbra then :) it's a trilogy, and apparently they get better, but I'm only on part one. Plenty of mucking around with physics, but like I said, the terror kind of fails when you realize you can just knock the monsters down and wail on them until they die. The dogs can rush you, and run away when injured, but usually, one hit will make them ragdoll, so unless you miss a strike, its always guna die.

rocknrolla

Splendid - I'mma googling it to check right away! Thanks for sharing!
People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drums, drugs, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, other the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the fucking lot.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

Sabby

Your welcome :) another tip, don't use the flashlight. It's got range, but it's real tunnel vision and batteries are hard to find, so it'll run out of power if you use it a lot. Flick it on to get your barings and scope a room out, then get out your glow stick. It's got real short range, but it's unlimited and much better then the torch for anything close.

When you actually get to the dogs, just walk right out in front of one, crouch and rear your hammer back. It will look at you, growl, then run at you. Time it right and bring the hammer across its face, and don't stop hitting until it's dead. It'll get up before you can finish it, but just keep hitting, it should go down again. In the off chance it gets away, just repeat the same process.

rocknrolla

Quote from: Sabby on August 02, 2011, 05:58:30 PM
Your welcome :) another tip, don't use the flashlight. It's got range, but it's real tunnel vision and batteries are hard to find, so it'll run out of power if you use it a lot. Flick it on to get your barings and scope a room out, then get out your glow stick. It's got real short range, but it's unlimited and much better then the torch for anything close.

When you actually get to the dogs, just walk right out in front of one, crouch and rear your hammer back. It will look at you, growl, then run at you. Time it right and bring the hammer across its face, and don't stop hitting until it's dead. It'll get up before you can finish it, but just keep hitting, it should go down again. In the off chance it gets away, just repeat the same process.

The game's got pretty decent ratings, love it - got the first installment ordered already.

And I welcome the advice, kinda figured it might take such an approach, I'm so glad somebody out there made batteries difficult to come by in a game that relies on darkness as the hombre` ultima.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

Oniya

Mr. Oniya and I are going to start playing 'Tales of the Abyss' soon.  We used to do this a lot - he'd work the controller, and I'd help out with puzzles and strategy (like noting what seems to actually be working on a boss while he's busy button-mashing).
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

rocknrolla

Quote from: Oniya on August 03, 2011, 11:54:09 AM
Mr. Oniya and I are going to start playing 'Tales of the Abyss' soon.  We used to do this a lot - he'd work the controller, and I'd help out with puzzles and strategy (like noting what seems to actually be working on a boss while he's busy button-mashing).

I've heard such wonderful things about "Tale of the Abyss", I'm quite sure its by the same developer who did "Tales of Vesperia", and I loved that installment. Is "Tales of the Abyss" on Playstation 2?

A/As (Updated 1/30)