'Custom' PC's...

Started by MagicalPen, May 27, 2013, 03:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicalPen

I hate computers.

Realized I was't getting any sound, found an ASUS dvd that contained (supposedly) all the Drivers I need. Installed it.

Now, whenever it reboots, it does the Windows Loading screen (with the 4 dots) then the screen goes black, pops up saying 'no connection' then a few seconds later the logon screen appears. Still no sound.

Can't figure out why it does that and why the sound doesnt work even after installing the drivers.

Thinking I may reinstall windows tomorrow, then only install the drivers, before doing anything else.

FUCK COMPUTERS>

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Nessy

Quote from: MagicalPen on June 24, 2013, 08:02:29 PM
I hate computers.

Realized I was't getting any sound, found an ASUS dvd that contained (supposedly) all the Drivers I need. Installed it.

Now, whenever it reboots, it does the Windows Loading screen (with the 4 dots) then the screen goes black, pops up saying 'no connection' then a few seconds later the logon screen appears. Still no sound.

Can't figure out why it does that and why the sound doesnt work even after installing the drivers.

Thinking I may reinstall windows tomorrow, then only install the drivers, before doing anything else.

FUCK COMPUTERS>

It's pretty unusual to have to install drivers on the new Windows. This was a computer that was pre-built for you right?
Ons and Offs    Short Term Ideas,
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Some heroes don't wear capes. Some just #holdthedoor.

MagicalPen

Yes, but when I reinstalled windows, it deletes all those drivers.

All good now, though it looks like my Headset died for some reason. No sound or mic input when its plugged in, but regular headphones work.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

kylie

That brings back memories...  My last PC, also with an Asus board, would always report during startup: "No hard disk detected!"  After which, it worked perfectly well.   ::)    Now of course, when something actually isn't working, yes you'll want to fix it.

I wonder if you might find some updated sound drivers online.  Never mind the advertising, they can't always have the newest (or best) stuff shipped with the hardware.  I don't know personally just where to look (besides Google or the Asus site overall).  Honestly, driver updates are one of the more nagging computer tasks I can think of, as a fairly average user.  Even once you've got it, you have to keep going back at uncertain intervals to see if they haven't put out something better for various applications... 

Anyway, maybe someone else here is more familiar or could suggest particular downloads.

Edit:  Don't mind me if it works to your satisfaction.  Not sure exactly which parts some of those last couple posts were talking about, and whether they are sufficient if they are settled now.

MagicalPen

Sound apparently does work. Its my headset that has done down the shitter for some reason.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Nessy

Quote from: MagicalPen on June 26, 2013, 06:30:33 PM
Sound apparently does work. Its my headset that has done down the shitter for some reason.

That's too bad. Newegg has the creative fatality on sale fairly frequently for around 20 dollars. There are of course cheaper and more expensive offerings, but this one seems fairly popular. I use a USB foldable from creative myself.
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

MagicalPen

I quite like the Astro Gaming Headsets. Expensive, yes, but they fit my large head well, cover my ears, cancel out ambient noises (I can literally go dead to the world wearing them) and the sound quality is quite good.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Nessy

Oh yeah there are tons of high quality ones. I am just used to people asking for cheapys, and i like to provide info on cheapys that are also pretty good.
Misc. Long Term Ideas

MagicalPen

Cheapys tend to break more often and sooner ^-^

I think the wire on mine got pinched under my chair. It plays sound, but you can barely hear it. So I put my iPod headphones in to test them out and nearly blew out my ear drums >.<

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry