Laughing... when you shouldn't.

Started by Sabby, November 28, 2010, 03:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

What's made you laugh and immediately feel bad for it?

Seto

You gotta love cracked  I laughed at the whole thing that the person who shopped it is creative.

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

I think the Mortal Kombat-style guy in the back (near the front of the car) is Photoshopped in, and that's what is supposed to be funny.

Somewhat on topic, there's a video in the Hilarity thread of a cat trying to pounce on its owner as she does a cartwheel that gives me a guilty chuckle. 

EDIT: found it.

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on December 09, 2010, 04:06:32 PM
I think the Mortal Kombat-style guy in the back (near the front of the car) is Photoshopped in, and that's what is supposed to be funny.

Somewhat on topic, there's a video in the Hilarity thread of a cat trying to pounce on its owner as she does a cartwheel that gives me a guilty chuckle. 

EDIT: found it.

TKO! (Feels bad now that I've laughed.)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

CyanideKandiKisses

Whoa she kicks the shit out of that cat
"I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave."

"I wanna be your slave, break out the whips and chains. And if I don't behave, I want you to make me pay..."

Come see me on instagram! Shut_me_up_blog

RH Profile
F-List

Trieste

ACK! Poor kitty! I hope it was okay afterwards.

Inkidu

I remember once I was reading Iago's lines for my Shakespeare class and in one of his long dialogues with Rodrigo he uses some turn of phrase like drown puppies and kittens.

I laughed because it's such an unexpected thing to be reading in Shakespeare.

Shadow879

Damn, cat got kicked the fuck out of.

I'm not a cat person, so I don't feel that bad, but I do hope it is okay, cause I am an animal lover.

It wouldn't be so bad if the cats didn't hate me...
Never back down, never look back.

How to make love to the Dark

Oniya

Okay, I really don't feel too bad about this, but it's got a certain Schadenfreude to it.

An acquaintance of mine is a long-term recovering alcoholic.  While visiting a friend - who is a newly-recovering alcoholic - over the holidays, the traditional 'Aw, c'mon, just have one...' line got trotted out, up to and including waving the open bottle of Crown Royal under their nose.  Finally, it got to be too much.  'Fine, I'll take it.'  And the bottle (reportedly 'a large one') was handed over.  And it got emptied down the sink.

'Why'd you do that?!'

'I don't need it, and neither do you.'

Edit:  It was the 'good stuff' - 1L at $99.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Sabby

That's Scorpion. His signature finishing move is to take off his face and then breath fire. The picture has been photoshopped to look like the "SCORPION WINS! FATALITY!" ending.

Sabby

Resurrecting. Why? Because NYANYANYAN!

Izzie Aditi

@ Sabby: I laughed. I'm totally going to hell.
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Caehlim

Quote from: Izzie Aditi on October 15, 2011, 09:01:03 AM
@ Sabby: I laughed. I'm totally going to hell.

See you there, I couldn't stop myself laughing at that one either.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Izzie Aditi

Quote from: Caehlim on October 15, 2011, 09:42:53 AM
See you there, I couldn't stop myself laughing at that one either.
Hell's where the party will be *throws confetti*
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

NotoriusBEN

I laughed so hard when I saw this, and felt sick at the same time for doing so :P

Joker - magic trick scene

Aiden

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on October 16, 2011, 03:35:07 AM
I laughed so hard when I saw this, and felt sick at the same time for doing so :P

I second this, I laughed hard.

I tend to laugh during gruesome deaths in movies when the character deserves it.

DudelRok

I never feel bad after laughing at something. O.o I might realize laughing was in poor taste but I don't ever feel bad.

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on October 16, 2011, 03:35:07 AM

Best magic trick, ever!

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Anyalyss

Watching the movie BloodRayne (2005) made me giggle several times, later I got curious and started to read about Uwe Boll's movies on the net, it looks like he's good at unintentionally making comedy movies *giggles*
O&O's    A&A's

Sabby

Oh, it's intentionally. He banks on fanrage.

Anyalyss

Maybe! But I feel sorry for the idiots people that gave him $25 million to make that movie, they only got 3 back *giggles* And I didn't look but I'm guessing that all of his movies flopped the same way.
O&O's    A&A's

Trieste

Not really so bad - the other 22 million is supposedly a tax write-off, which is why he continues to have financial backing.

Oniya

Quote from: Trieste on October 16, 2011, 02:48:25 PM
Not really so bad - the other 22 million is supposedly a tax write-off, which is why he continues to have financial backing.

http://movieclips.com/Ktja-the-producers-movie-the-flop-scheme/

Anyalyss

*giggles* I loved Gene Wilder in "See No Evil, Hear No Evil", he has pretty blue eyes too!

And... yeah I imagine that Uwe Boll still, somehow, manages to make money, not from box office obviously but I guess that from some government, isn't he German?

Anyway, the movie is so bad that it makes you laugh, the main actress is very pretty but the sex scene is just too funny, something like this.

- "Hi"

- "Hi"

*inserts sex scene*

That'd be it *giggles*
O&O's    A&A's

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Anyalyss on October 16, 2011, 03:49:54 PM
*giggles* I loved Gene Wilder in "See No Evil, Hear No Evil", he has pretty blue eyes too!

And... yeah I imagine that Uwe Boll still, somehow, manages to make money, not from box office obviously but I guess that from some government, isn't he German?

Anyway, the movie is so bad that it makes you laugh, the main actress is very pretty but the sex scene is just too funny, something like this.

- "Hi"

- "Hi"

*inserts sex scene*

That'd be it *giggles*

I just wish he wouldn't massacre my video games to get his backers their tax write off. I mean.. I LOVED Alone in the Dark back in the day.. and BloodRayne could have been so much better.

Anyalyss

I know :( I enjoyed Dungeon Siege 3 a lot (post-patch anyway) and I was very surprised to find out that "the farmer" was actually a lovely lady. Uwe Boll did some kind of Dungeon Siege movie I think, I didn't watch it but as far as I know, the farmer in that movie wasn't exactly a lovely lady *giggles*

At least he's not making the Mass Effect movie *crosses fingers*
O&O's    A&A's

Braioch

From the Orphan...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
When the dad after being an ass to his recovering alcoholic wife about their insane adopted daughter gets stabbed repeatedly.

I laughed in the theater guys, a full theater....I got funny looks afterward....
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Oniya

When Mortal Kombat was in the theaters, there's a point at the end of the climactic battle where the soundtrack cuts out (or at least goes really quiet) as the camera does a shot of the loser impaled on all the spikes that have come out of the MK logo.  This little kid behind me says 'Oww...' and the entire silent theater could hear it.

Mr. Oniya and I both laughed.

gaggedLouise

Watching Infernal Affairs, I really jumped at the moment where the police boss comes falling off a skyscraper and onto the roof of a car (and making the car horn blear). I just called out "HEY!" (in English, meaning "wtf"), mouth open - and then a few moments later, giggled at my own reaction. Normally I'm a well mannered film goer who doesn't make any serious noise in the theatre.

The scene really takes you unprepared when you watch the film for the first time (it's not on Youtube but the immediate aftermath is here: Goodbye Policeman (Zai Jian Jing Cha)

and you can see his broken body; brilliant film). It's set just after a key confrontation on the roof of the high-rise, a meeting between two cops working undercover but in different ways, and the police chief is not directly involved up there, so when that scene ends without anyone dying and the two men pull off, you breathe out, mentally. Then out of nowhere the big man falls on the car! It's such an insanely unexpected twist.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"