Carisbrooke Revisited: The Siege Continues [Complete]

Started by Valerian, February 26, 2010, 11:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imogen

Lady Imogen sighed and pressed her fingertips against her brow. "I cannot tell who is guilty or not and I'm reluctant to voice any suspicion. The ladysky and Lord Ryven voted for Mithlomwen as our Regent. Our majority agreed with them and thus I shall extend my trust one more time. I too believe that Remiel's behaviour might have been suspect."

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Valerian

Current Voting (Lynch):

LadySky (3) - Moirae, country, sinera
Remiel (3) - Ryven, LadySky, Imogen
sinera (1) - Mithlomwen
Amberghylles (0)
country (0)
Imogen (0)
Mithlomwen* (0)
Moirae (0)
Ryven (0)
Xandi (0)

Yet to vote: Amberghylles, Remiel, Xandi

There are 5 Councilors, 1 Weaponsmaster, 1 Historian, and 3 Rebels.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Mithlomwen

Mith looked around, her gaze falling on Sinera.  "I wonder if perhaps you are in league with the Rebels as your relatives were."  Her gaze was suspicious remembering the story of how the relative she was named after, was sent to the gallows being innocent of the crimes charged, partly because of Sinera's relatives being part of the Rebel party. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

sinera

"Oh yes," sinera sneered at Mithlomwen. "It was my vote that put you in your position as Regent. Now we see how you repay loyalty."

She cast her eyes around the room. "Now you all see how loyal our great regent is. I see now that my confidence was misplaced." She laughed deprecatingly. "Am I the only one who sees the irony of our situation?"

"However, I wonder that my mother was drawn into the conspiracy by LadySky's aunt, whom she admired greatly."
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

LadySky

LadySky glared over to Lady Sinera. "How could I have admired one who I never met? I was born after her death if you will recall. The only thing I admired about her in the stories told to me by my family were the choices she made in who to trust as our ruler. My Aunt was very very wrong in her methods but she worked to see our current government in place to rule, she gave her life for our Kingdom and yes, that I admire. I am loyal to the crown, to my dying breath."

With that she stalked away, unwilling to sit quietly and wait while others judged her based on past prejudice.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Amberghylles

Lord Amberghylles sighed.  The others were looking to him expectantly, waiting for his vote. 

"I do not know who is innocent or guilty," he said, "But I have placed my trust with Mithlomwen as regent and so I shall follow her instinct and place my vote for Sinera as well."

Remiel

Remiel flinched a bit as accusations were thrown back and forth.  Who was to say who was innocent and who wasn't?  Whether or not they believed that the king had a God-given mandate to rule, or whether they questioned his lineage, they had all taken oaths of loyalty.  Someone here was an oath-breaker, history or no history.

"I'm sorry, Ladysky," he said, avoiding meeting her gaze.  "For what it's worth, I think you are innocent.   But I have no choice.  It looks like it falls to either you or me, and I'm rather attached to m-my head."

Autumn52

Lady Xandi unable to make a decision finally decided to go with her gut feeling. I don't know why but Lady Sinera seems a bit hostile and I am not sure I don't disagree with her loyalty issues but I also am afraid that she could be a risk.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Valerian

Final Voting (Lynch):

LadySky (4) - Moirae, country, sinera, Remiel
Remiel (3) - Ryven, LadySky, Imogen
sinera (3) - Mithlomwen, Amberghylles, Xandi
Amberghylles (0)
country (0)
Imogen (0)
Mithlomwen* (0)
Moirae (0)
Ryven (0)
Xandi (0)

By the narrowest of votes, and after much painful discussion, it was decided that Lady Sky must pay the penalty.  The sun shone brightly and the weather was fine; but none could enjoy it.  LadySky was led out to the green, there to meet the executioner's axe.  The only mercy was that her death was swift, for today the group had taken the life of an innocent Councilor.  Only the rebels would rest more easily tonight.

• Amberghylles
  • country
  • Imogen
  • LadySky - Councilor, lynched
  • Mithlomwen*
  • Moirae
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • sinera
  • Xandi

There are 4 Councilors, 1 Weaponsmaster, 1 Historian, and 3 Rebels.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

That night, few slept well, no matter how well their doors were barricaded.  The loss of a loyal councilor worried many, aware that if history was truly repeating itself, then the rebels would be victorious and everything would change once more.

Several people heard furtive movement in the darkness, as though the rebels were on the prowl; and those who heard were convinced that they would discover another death with the dawn.  But to the surprise of everyone -- perhaps most particularly the rebels -- the next day all the inhabitants of the castle were alive and well.  It seemed that these councilors, like their forebears, also had a Weaponsmaster protecting them.

• Amberghylles
  • country
  • Imogen
  • Mithlomwen*
  • Moirae
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • sinera
  • Xandi

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

country

Country cast about the hall, examining the others' countenances.  Picking LadySky had been but a stab in the dark - an ill fated one.  Who now to suspect.  Lady Sinera.  Can you explain your activities last evening?

Valerian

Current Voting (Lynch):

sinera (1) - country
Amberghylles (0)
country (0)
Imogen (0)
Mithlomwen* (0)
Moirae (0)
Remiel (0)
Ryven (0)
Xandi (0)

Yet to vote: Amberghylles, Imogen, Mithlomwen, Moirae, Remiel, Ryven, sinera, Xandi

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

The French attacked Carisbrooke Castle in 1377 and laid siege to it; but their efforts came to nothing when their commander was killed and the remaining troops were forced to withdraw.  Legend has it that this was the result of an arrow fired from the castle walls by a man named Peter Heynoe, a mighty shot that not only deprived the attackers of their commander, but also of their morale, and they paid a large tribute in exchange for safe passage home.  The money was used mainly to repair the town of Yarmouth, which the French had sacked earlier.

This was the only time the castle was truly besieged, and dizzying climbs such as the one pictured above may have been part of the reason why.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

"Who w-would have the m-most to gain by falsely accusing Lady Sky?" thought Remiel aloud.  "Only a r-real consp-pirator, of course.  I, too, suspect Lady Sinera."

sinera

"Country, for your information, I was alone last night, in my room. If you doubt that, then your word is suspect. Remiel, do grow up and stop being a sheep. I wasn't the first to accuse LadySky;  in fact, I was one of the last to vote. I note that you also accused LadySky - does that automatically make you a rebel?" She shrugged.

"Again, I consider the fidelity of Mithlomwen. If she insists on sending me to the noose, then those of you who also voted for her and are not one of her fellow rebels will be at risk once I have been removed - for I warn you, if you send me to the gallows, then the rebels will take another tonight, and the balance will begin to sway in their favor!"  sinera rubbed her temples. All this intrigue was giving her a headache. She almost wished she would be the next murdered, by the rebels or by her fellow courtiers, just so she wouldn't be forced to try to figure out who the rebels really were.
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Autumn52

As Country has always been my friend and he seems to believe Lady Sinera is guilty I will vote with my friend.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Imogen

Imogen templed her fingers and looked pensively to the ones accusing lady Sinera. "My Lord Remiel, my lord Country, I would believe a little modesty would suit you after yesterday. Your voting has done us ill service and I for one shall not cast my votes with you again. Lady Moirae was quick to point out past deeds, not done by herself or the one she accused but performed by those who have long since gone to their grave. Much has changed since then."

She sighed and her eyes settled on one. "I have also noticed that none of these three voted for the lady Mithlomwen as regent. If we review their behaviour in public, there seem to be grounds for suspicion. I look towards Lord Country who: 1. voted for the Lady Sky's death, did not vote for Lady Mithlomwen's regency like several others who voted for Lady Sky's death, and thirdly who now turns against the one he deemed fit for regent without apparent reason?"

"My Lord, can you explain your reasoning and ease our doubts?"
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Ryven

Lord country is where my vote will lie for the time being.

Valerian

Current Voting (Lynch):

country (5) - Imogen, Ryven, Amberghylles, Xandi, Mithlomwen
sinera (2) - country, Remiel
Mithlomwen* (1) - sinera
Amberghylles (0)
Imogen (0)
Moirae (0)
Remiel (0)
Ryven (0)
Xandi (0)

Yet to vote: Moirae

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Amberghylles

Lord Amberghylles sat quietly sipping a mug of watered ale and frowning as accusations and insinuations flew about the room.  Not that this was truly different from the court's usual behaviour, only now lives were at stake.  For a long moment he weighed the arguments to discern the logic in them until at last he reached his decision.

"I would much prefer an open battle to all of this skulking," he said with a sigh, "But it is the rebels who have chosen the battlefield.   I find Lady Imogen's reasoning sound and so I look to Lord Country as well for answers."

Autumn52

As I deeply respect the opinion of Lord Ryven I think I should change my vote to my friend, who might well be an enemy. Lord Country

country

Well argued my dear Lady Sin.  While Lady Imogen's argument seems no more than a tactic to eliminate a loyal subject. Look how well others have fallen in with her.  She has misguided to perfection. 

While my earlier votes had no foundation and were mere stabs in the dark - bad ones perhaps -  this day, as yet, does not seem to be clarifying positions.   Yet, there seems to be some cohesion appearing.  Would the rebels align themselves so soon? 

I will change my vote to Lady Mith

Mithlomwen

"I can assure you that I am no rebel, just as my aunt before me who was wrongly accused.  I can promise each of you with honesty and the swearing upon what ever item you wish that I am NOT one of the rebels.  You can either believe me or not, I can only give you my word."  Looking around she looked at Sinera and bowed slightly.  "Though this move ended up costing my aunt her life, I will once again offer you a show of good faith and cast my vote for Lord Country.  You can either believe I am innocent or not, but should you send me to my death, that will only give the Rebels yet another foot in the door." 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

desert ashes

Softly Moire sighed as she lifted her gaze over the fellow Councilors and said, "Although it makes little difference with the vote, my suspicions are with Remiel."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Valerian

Final Voting (Lynch):

country (5) - Imogen, Ryven, Amberghylles, Xandi, Mithlomwen
sinera (2) - country, Remiel
Mithlomwen* (1) - sinera
Remiel (1) - Moirae
Amberghylles (0)
Imogen (0)
Moirae (0)
Ryven (0)
Xandi (0)

Though Lord country protested his innocence, it was to no avail.  The others had had their say, and he must pay the price.  But once again, the headsman took the life of a loyal Councilor, and no one but the rebels felt any safer.  The worried councilors took to their beds, hoping that the Weaponsmaster might once again spare them further losses that night.

• Amberghylles
  • country - Councilor, lynched
  • Imogen
  • Mithlomwen*
  • Moirae
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • sinera
  • Xandi

There are 3 Councilors, 1 Weaponsmaster, 1 Historian, and 3 Rebels.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE